Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1328845 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2020
vllar:

Okay.
I’m glad to hear this.
Thanks

This confused me anyway
it is very confusing, they should state it out clearly that one can claim work experience while studying. This has misled a lot of people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 11:51am On Feb 06, 2020
Give it about a week. If you don't get any information, call WES
Annaaa:

Awaiting any info on this please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 12:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
Uchboggy:

This is exactly what I said since October last year
Please do what you've to do now... Do not bank on hope that's not sure when you've an alternative.. Atleast your wife can come and join you in like a year.. someone shared his sponsorship timeline few weeks ago..

And If they do skilled trade draw, scores will even go higher.. some people on 468 are even rewriting IELTS to see if they can max out... please do not wait.. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chinemeze17: 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
Good morning everyone, please can someone help me, I have a question, I'm trying to create a Wes profile and I want to know if I should use my maiden name as it appears on my certificates or my name now as it appears on my passport to avoid discrepancies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by abimcdssi: 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
Annaaa:

Could take between 2 to 3 weeks. There's not much you can do other than to wait at this point.
Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemiciea: 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2020
SunshineD1:

GTB would not give you a letter of non indebtedness if you didn't obtain a loan or have a salary account with them, because the letter basically says you are not owing them. Why would they issue the letter if you did not have a prior loan or credit card that has been paid up? The IRCC clause would apply to those having loans especially salary account holders and credit card users.

I got letter of non indebtedness from GTB admiralty branch in Lekki and I never took a loan from them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemiciea: 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
SunshineD1:

GTB would not give you a letter of non indebtedness if you didn't obtain a loan or have a salary account with them, because the letter basically says you are not owing them. Why would they issue the letter if you did not have a prior loan or credit card that has been paid up? The IRCC clause would apply to those having loans especially salary account holders and credit card users.

I got letter of non indebtedness from GTB admiralty branch in Lekki and I never took a loan from them plus I don’t have a salary account with them.
I believe it’s how you approach them for it and explain what it’s needed for or maybe not all branches can give the letters

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Beemer: 2:27pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hello @canadaPR kindly check your mail please. I want to make some enquiries from you if you don't mind. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bidemibunmi: 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
yemiciea:

I got letter of non indebtedness from GTB admiralty branch in Lekki and I never took a loan from them.

I got too from GTB Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island and it was on my savings account. I even asked them to address it to IRCC and i opened the account in Oyo state so not necessary where you open the account

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MzGiwa: 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hi Guys,

Please who knows if CIMA certificate in business accounting is evaluated as 1 year diploma by WES.

I am about to register for it to boost my CSR score.

Somebody epp.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Annaaa: 3:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
carissaa:
Give it about a week. If you don't get any information, call WES
Thank you � @carissaa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Annaaa: 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
abimcdssi:

Could take between 2 to 3 weeks. There's not much you can do other than to wait at this point.
Cheers!
Thank you � @abimcdssi hopefully it doesn’t take more than that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ovy92(f): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2020
I will need something like this very soon

xpizzy:
Hi Guys,

If there is any single person coming to Mississauga and you need affordable accommodation, airport (YYZ) pickup and movement within Mississauga to open account, attend newcomer sessions, etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by safex(m): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2020
Liispa:
It's ITA at last! Thank God!! grin grin
Congratulation junior latest ITArian cool
Waste no time in submitting your application as it's called express entry. grin cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by safex(m): 3:21pm On Feb 06, 2020
You shouldn't worry if you were studying part-time while working full-time.
But where you worked FT and studied FT at the same time, then a LOE may be advised.
IMO
winner01:
it is very confusing, they should state it out clearly that one can claim work experience while studying. This has misled a lot of people.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NEROSKY(m): 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hello house,
Each time i take the ielts exam on the app i get scared, ( i get poor result 15 over 40 or below) because i need max the result before i even get close to current draw threshold.(469,anything other than maxing will get me to 463-466)

Is it because of the complication of navigating the app to answer questions or I'm just plain dump? sorry for being pessimistic i just want to know if is a worthy risk.

Going by WES amount, School courier amount ielts and other miscellaneous.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Toludebs: 3:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
Good Afternoon my people,
Please I will like to find out my chances of EE to Canada.
These are issues:
I am going to be 30 this year
I have a B.Sc in Computer Science
I have 3years work experience in IT
I am a Female
Not written IELTS yet.
Please what are my chances for Express Entry or what can I do to push my chance.
Thank you for your help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NEROSKY(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
Toludebs:
Good Afternoon my people,
Please I will like to find out my chances of EE to Canada.
These are issues:
I am going to be 30 this year
I have a B.Sc in Computer Science
I have 3years work experience in IT
I am a Female
Not written IELTS yet.
Please what are my chances for Express Entry or what can I do to push my chance.
Thank you for your help

Very bright, use crs calculator to check if you're above 470 or close, that's the first step before going to WES maybe for results verification,then you can get down to business.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Toludebs: 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
NEROSKY:

Very bright, use crs calculator to check if you're above 470 or close, that's the first step before going to WES maybe for results verification,then you can get down to business.

Thank you, I just checked, and it’s around 430.
What can I do to push it to 470
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2020
Toludebs:

Register for BCS exam.. it's an IT exam that'll boost your points, giving you two or more certificates. . Exam is coming up next month, then there is another one in September if you can't meet up with that of next month. You're already in IT, so the exam should be easy for you, I suppose.. Then aim to max out your IELTS exam.. L8.5, R8, S7.5, W7.5.

All the best.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2020
send a mail to them, you should get a response within 48 hours. Then they would tell you your proposed date (to get your evaluation)

Annaaa:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debsify: 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2020
Toludebs:

get CERT in IT from BCS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Toludebs: 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
Influential101:
Register for BCS exam.. it's an IT exam that'll boost your points, giving you two or more certificates. . Exam is coming up next month, then there is another one in September if you can't meet up with that of next month. You're already in IT, so the exam should be easy for you, I suppose.. Then aim to max out your IELTS exam.. L8.5, R8, S7.5, W7.5.

All the best.

Thank you for this advice, I will put in for BCS, if it hasn’t closed.
I have Unilag diploma I completed before B.Sc, can that be evaluated or give me higher chances alongside BCS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ginger123: 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
Is an ECA required to secure a job in Canada or it is strictly for immigration purposes?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NEROSKY(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
Toludebs:

If you have money for 2 and married, add your spouse(your spouse, ielts and degree can fetch you guys about extra 30) ,or if you can speak, write French.

Take TEF exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gifty28(f): 4:44pm On Feb 06, 2020
Pls how does this IT cert work, how many points will this give (20 or more?

Debsify:
get CERT in IT from BCS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by godG: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2020
What’s up with ladymarshall and johnybravo? I hope you guys are doing well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Influential101: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2020
Toludebs:

I have Unilag diploma I completed before B.Sc, can that be evaluated or give me higher chances alongside BCS
Did you use the diploma to gain admission for your Bsc?

You may want to mention the diploma, incase anyone has successfully evaluated such with WES..

If the diploma can be evaluated favorably along side your Bachelors, you don't need the BCS exam again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2020
safex:

Congratulation junior latest ITArian cool
Waste no time in submitting your application as it's called expressed entry. grin cheesy

Thanks! I will very soon. Have you submitted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Toludebs: 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
Influential101:
Did you use the diploma to gain admission for your Bsc?

You may want to mention the diploma, incase anyone has successfully evaluated such with WES..

If the diploma can be evaluated favorably along side your Bachelors, you don't need the BCS exam again.

Yes. I used it in gaining admission to 200 Level

I will be glad to know if anyone has successfully evaluated Unilag diploma with WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ovywils: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
The BCS alone might not be enough...
Toludebs:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Metrics4tea: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2020
I sent my MSc certificate to WES through hellofax and my status change to evaluation in progress. But how will I know that WES has received my transcript, because a friend processed everything for me and he informed me the school have sent my transcript to WES.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.