Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,108 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1325578 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
You shouldnt be at 400 with this info you just gave. You should be in the 470s

Rewrite IELTS pls
How many years experience do you have?
Pm me

Ife2022:

IELTS score: L8, R 6.5, S7,W7
Eca..two or more certificate
Spouse: L 5.5, S7, R6, W7
PA age..32
Sibling in Canada
Crs 400

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by onyexx: 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2020
yemiciea:
Yes you can use it

Please quick question....I got my UK PCC in October (it’s 4 months old), can I still make use of it? I haven’t travelled to the UK since I obtained it

Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by onyexx: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
carissaa:

Use it.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AyabaS: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
Not sure what to make of this draw o. 4500 ITAs and score is still 470. Could be good news in the long run or an indication of bad things to come.

Proceed with Oinp or chill a while. Decisions! decisions! Currently at 469.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by toluh(f): 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2020
CIMA or BCS, if you are good with language try TEF.
Iyanu6000:
Please how can I increase my score, any degree or professional course than I run for a year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
Chill a while. You have 45days for OINP. Except you dont mind paying $1500. Wait till 2 more draws (30days) then if no hope, take it.

AyabaS:
Not sure what to make of this draw o. 4500 ITAs and score is still 470. Could be good news in the long run or an indication of bad things to come.

Proceed with Oinp or chill a while. Decisions! decisions! Currently at 469.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 5:18pm On Feb 19, 2020
Wait for 2 more draws. You have days to chill. Except you really dont mind OINP and d $1500 you have to pay

alanpozar:
Hello house,

So I got an invitation to apply for provincial nomination in the OINP draw that took place last Thursday. Now my dilemma is based on today's draw of 470, is it advisable to go ahead to apply for the provincial nomination or just wait for the EE draw to come down further.

PS- CRS Score is 469

Also I have 45 days to apply for the nomination which started counting last week.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by AyabaS: 5:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Seankay323: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2020
onyexx:
ITA finally...we bless God...congrats to all ITA clinchers today...and if you are still waiting, yours will come soon too...

Please quick question....I got my UK PCC in October (it’s 4 months old), can I still make use of it? I haven’t travelled to the UK since I obtained it
PLEASE DID YOU GET YOUR PCC UK DELIVERED TO NIGERIA ?STILL EXPECTING MINE..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by onyexx: 5:34pm On Feb 19, 2020
Seankay323:

No I had it delivered to a friend’s house in the UK...took 3 wks tops

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kb11: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
2loadedguy:
Has anyone received an email from IRCC recently advising updates on POF and ECA?I got an email that any ECA that does not state that the purpose is for immigration will not be entertained. I have been worried since because I am not sure the ECA I did with ICAS carries the purpose is for immigration.

I received same and I suspected it was a scam or phishing mail.

My advice is to go to the cic website independently without clicking through the link in the email to confirm any changes.

Modified:
Seems it was genuine then, perhaps I am overly cautious.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Uchboggy(m): 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
ITA at last but with a mixed feeling for me and my wife.

Our profile as a couple was 468 since October last year so she wrote ielts last month and added 2 points to the score making it 470. My profile was expiring on the 21st of this month so this was the last draw before expiration.

Initially we had agreed to see what this score was then if it didn’t get to 470 today then I will go alone unaccompanied(crs of 475). But because of the anxiety and tension and uncertainties we had to change our mind yesterday and agreed that I go unaccompanied. Now draw comes out and it’s 470.

I was happy to see ITA and was angry that we didn’t wait.

My source of consolation now is accepting it as the will of God

Please I need a link to the WhatsApp group for married people going without their spouse

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jolieee: 6:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
Yes, I received same. It is authentic and you should update your POF in line with the updated benchmark if you need to.... Soon profiles not in line will become ineligible...

2loadedguy:
Has anyone received an email from IRCC recently advising updates on POF and ECA?I got an email that any ECA that does not state that the purpose is for immigration will not be entertained. I have been worried since because I am not sure the ECA I did with ICAS carries the purpose is for immigration.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Thecannylady(f): 6:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
Uchboggy:

Our profile as a couple was 468 since October last year so she wrote ielts last month and added 2 points to the score making it 470. My profile was expiring on the 21st of this month so this was the last draw before expiration.

Initially we had agreed to see what this score was then if it didn’t get to 470 today then I will go alone unaccompanied(crs of 475). But because of the anxiety and tension and uncertainties we had to change our mind yesterday and agreed that I go unaccompanied. Now draw comes out and it’s 470.

Please I need a link to the WhatsApp group for married people going without their spouse

Why don't you decline and re enter the pool. With 470, You should get ITA soonest.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by flgd: 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hello Sir,
You can add your spouse POst ITA I believe, they would calculate and confirm that the difference in your score with your spouse added, is still more than the cutoff used for the draw in which you got ITA. You may research further on canadavisa forum for peeps who have done this in the past. I wish you all the best.

Uchboggy:

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Precisionlanre: 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bro, depending on how long ago uve been married.
My strong advice is to decline the ITA and wait for the next one just because your application will be smooth and stress free. If ur wife can also apply as an individual applicant, u guys can do this seperately but if not, u are playing with a seperation of no less than 2 years if u apply via spouse route for her after PPR.

If u decide to add her to this ITA, u have to go get married again post ITA and you will get ADR that can spoil the application if not answered correctly. I know someone who added spouse after ITA and got ADR for pictures, phone conversations, whatsapp messages, wedding pictures etc all to prove that the relationship isnt a sham one. All of this definitely slowed down the PPR time.

But no 2 applications are the same cos u could decline and get another ITA and processing will take longer than expected as well.

I think u should think this through and weigh all your options. Settle for the less stressful path. Congrats on your ITA

Uchboggy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Itzpearlz: 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Precisionlanre:

If u decide to add her to this ITA, u have to go get married again post ITA and you will get ADR that can spoil the application if not answered correctly. I know someone who added spouse after ITA and got ADR for pictures, phone conversations, whatsapp messages, wedding pictures etc all to prove that the relationship isnt a sham one. All of this definitely slowed down the PPR time.

I don't think this is correct. He wouldn't need to get married again post-ITA as he already stated right from the beginning of his application that he is married. The only thing is that he told CIC that his wife would not be travelling with him (my understanding of spouse unaccompanying)
So there's nothing he's proving because his wife is already in his application only that he told them she isn't joining him.

Spouses can change their mind. It's just to tell CIC and they'd recalculate his score, thank God the score when calculated with his wife accompanying still meets up to the cut-off with which he got ITA.

This thread could help @Uchboggy:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/changing-from-spouse-not-accompanying-to-spouse-accompanying-post-aor.452211/

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 7:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
there is absolutely nothing to be sad about, if spouse accompany you would give you 470, then its safe to add her back. according to your post, your score after adding her post ITA meets the requirements of the invitation round in terms of point (470 cut off) and tie-break rule. the VO would re-calculate your CRS and for sure you meet all the requirements. consider yourself a lucky person. it will end in praise. biko add your spouse

Uchboggy:

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kaygirl33: 7:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
kingkhalil:
AOR: October 16, 2019
PPR: January 24, 2020
COPR: February 19, 2020.
Family of 3.

Oya, let me go compose my story. Brace up, for it is going to be long!!!
Congratulations to you and yours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Iyanu6000: 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Please can you explain CIMA further?

toluh:
CIMA or BCS, if you are good with language try TEF.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
please this is totally wrong, make your research very well before giving advice, what you stated is never a CIC rule. biko modify and try to read more so you dont end up confusing applicants and even more yourself. it will end in grin

Precisionlanre:
Bro, depending on how long ago uve been married.
My strong advice is to decline the ITA and wait for the next one just because your application will be smooth and stress free. If ur wife can also apply as an individual applicant, u guys can do this seperately but if not, u are playing with a seperation of no less than 2 years if u apply via spouse route for her after PPR.

But no 2 applications are the same cos u could decline and get another ITA and processing will take longer than expected as well.

I think u should think this through and weigh all your options. Settle for the less stressful path. Congrats on your ITA

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Steph16: 7:10pm On Feb 19, 2020
Uchboggy:

Apparently, you do not need to decline your ITA. You can go ahead and include your wife. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by carissaa(f): 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
Seankay323:

UK uses Nigerian post office to deliver PCC. So go to your nearest post office (go 1 month after it has been sent). If you can't find it, ask them to resend it to a UK Address

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Uchboggy(m): 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2020
flgd:
Hello Sir,
You can add your spouse POst ITA I believe, they would calculate and confirm that the difference in your score with your spouse added, is still more than the cutoff used for the draw in which you got ITA. You may research further on canadavisa forum for peeps who have done this in the past. I wish you all the best.

Wow if this is possible I’ll really be happy o.

I’m still on my research but I need more gurus to confirm this for me please

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ife2022(f): 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2020
Goodnigga:
have u thought of TEF or CIMA?
I start to think about it today, don't know way out, and how achievable it is with no prior knowledge in french.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ife2022(f): 7:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
Mrsc22:
You shouldnt be at 400 with this info you just gave. You should be in the 470s

Rewrite IELTS pls
How many years experience do you have?
Pm me

I have 5 years in banking noc 6235
And 1 year in database noc 2172
That's what I have oo 400,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Steph16: 7:39pm On Feb 19, 2020
Iyanu6000:
Please can you explain CIMA further?

Check this thread for more information

https://www.nairaland.com/5332693/writing-cima-express-entry-lets
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by littledarline(f): 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2020
Good evening e-family. Thank you for everytime.

After about 4 months on ECA, only my Hubby's was ready and the result had this

The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated
above.
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Earned doctorate
Note:
The Bachelor of Science from the Obafemi Awolowo University indicates
the date of birth as May 13, 19...

Actually his birthday is May 31 and we never knew that error was made on his BSc.

He also changed his surname legally at some point while his first name was changed to 'ii' instead of a single 'I'.

I just want to know what implication this has. Unfortunately, we didn't send his change of name letters along during the verification.

quote author=onyexx post=86788486]

Thanks[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elektra008(f): 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
Uchboggy:

You do not need to decline. Add your wife post ita, your score will be recalculated and since it will be 470, you are going to be just fine.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elektra008(f): 7:55pm On Feb 19, 2020
Uchboggy:

Wow if this is possible I’ll really be happy o.

I’m still on my research but I need more gurus to confirm this for me please

Very possible o. Do your research also, but Pls u can add ur spouse post ita if you still meet the cutoff for the draw in which you were invited for.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by victorychapel: 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
alaraa:
It's PPR guys!!! grin grin grin

***Feb 18th***

ITA September 5, 2019
MED September 25, 2019
AOR November 3, 2019
BIL November 20, 2019
Biometrics completed November 29, 2019
***silence***
GU February 16, 2020
PPR February 18, 2020

Congratulations, kindly let me know if you're coming to BC....Vancouver highland precisely

Family of 2 *moi et hubby*

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifyonline(f): 8:00pm On Feb 19, 2020
This is what u should do.. Even when u read the ITA mail, its kinda stated there about spouse bla bla and recalculating

Elektra008:

You do not need to decline. Add your wife post ita, your score will be recalculated and since it will be 470, you are going to be just fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.