Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1325249 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Palaexpress: 7:07am On Mar 05, 2020
NEROSKY:

Sorry to interfere, if money is fixed for 6 months - how can someone in Canada if travels be able to access the fund?

I no just understand

Dear sir/madam,

You can ofcourse have access to your money. Accessing your money is a matter of a call/mail to your account officer. By the way, who will want to do that? You can liquidate once you obtain your PPR so you can assess funds for your flight, accommodation arrangements, etc.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Maryduke: 7:23am On Mar 05, 2020
Maryduke:
Hello house. Please can I enter NYSC as parttime? I was working full time in a seperate organisation while serving and I am claiming points for that organisation..
Any one please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 7:30am On Mar 05, 2020
NEROSKY:

Sorry to interfere, if money is fixed for 6 months - how can someone in Canada if travels be able to access the fund?

I no just understand

You can always liquidate your funds at anytime. Just know that there are penalties for liquidation. The interest earned will be subject to the penalties

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by eryosa0: 7:31am On Mar 05, 2020
Ibelieveinme:

Did you refund the money after submitting your application or you had it till you got PPR or landed
Still have it till now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 05, 2020
Elcid1:
Pls must my degree be related to the NOC am applying for since I have experience in it. I have an Engineering degree but my experience is on safety .

Please always try to research questions before posting here. This question has been asked 1001 times with correct responses provided. A simple Google search would most likely lead you back to an answer on this thread.

No, Your degree and work experience don't have to match.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 7:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Ibelieveinme:

Did you refund the money after submitting your application or you had it till you got PPR or landed

Refunding the money is gaming the system bro/sis. Means you are borrowing to run your POF. Do you give back a gift?

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by eryosa0: 7:35am On Mar 05, 2020
Palaexpress:

People have used various methods sir/ma, including the method I recommended. I have got 3 friends with PPR. This was what they did. It doesn't mean you are wrong!

All the best
I guess i was just learning about the fix word for the first time lol, so pple fix money ok na, anything that works then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kayjay69(m): 7:43am On Mar 05, 2020
Na to learn French sure pass. Please can anyone recommend a french tutorial centre where a total zero novice such as myself can learn French and be proficient enough to get a reasonable score in the exam. Reasonable enough to elevate my scores and give me some kind of advantage.
Also, what duration can one learn enough to pass the exam.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibelieveinme: 7:49am On Mar 05, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ibelieveinme: 7:53am On Mar 05, 2020
Deeceey:

Please watch the kind of questions you ask on this online forum ooo haba please delete it and ask it in the PM of whosoever you are in conversation with. Are you that slow with your thinking? Majority of this stupid questions been asked has been addressed here over and over and some would need you using your number 6 to do. Yet dem mumu will still asked them.
Kindly delete, you didn’t need to quote me back. You also didn’t need to be insultive, that’s bad manners.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ulysses: 8:26am On Mar 05, 2020
Good morning House..
Please i need an assistance inre my enquiry...
A Banker with over 10 years working experience, can get an introduction/ reference letter also got a wife & 2 kids... What are the chances of migration to Canada?
God Bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by khattab008: 8:56am On Mar 05, 2020
kayjay69:
Na to learn French sure pass. Please can anyone recommend a french tutorial centre where a total zero novice such as myself can learn French and be proficient enough to get a reasonable score in the exam. Reasonable enough to elevate my scores and give me some kind of advantage.
Also, what duration can one learn enough to pass the exam.

Check out the TEF thread, a lot people have shared their experiences there. The current record from novice to CLB7 or above is 6months (I think).

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by winner01(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2020
This thread has really been of help to me. I was able to clear doubts concerning POF here. However, I have a few more questions concerning employment history letter. I've worked as a Farm supervisor from 2014 till date and so I want to claim the 3years+ work experience.

1. The company was not registered before 2015. Should I begin to claim years of work experience from 2015 (the period of registration)?

2. My job was part time from 2015-2018 due to my Msc and PGD degrees. Does this period only count as 2 years?

3. I was paid in cash throughout the period and don't have any payslips to convince IRCC. How do I convince them?

4. What are the necessary documents to prove employment history. I know about employment letter (from employer) and reference letter(Does this also have to be from employer). Which other documents can prove employment history?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Denov: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2020
bezimo:

The truth is that your journey is very far with that score..but you can still go ahead create your profile then..do the IELTS.. max it out..then look for other avenues to increase your score like maybe learning French.
You can also go through the Province. PNP route. My CRS is 340, but I got ITA From SINP last year. Though I turned it down because my POF was not up to 3 months.
Just check and see if your NOC is in demand.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NEROSKY(m): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2020
Palaexpress:

Dear sir/madam,

You can ofcourse have access to your money. Accessing your money is a matter of a call/mail to your account officer. By the way, who will want to do that? You can liquidate once you obtain your PPR so you can assess funds for your flight, accommodation arrangements, etc.

All the best.
Thanks for insights

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kayjay69(m): 9:44am On Mar 05, 2020
Thanks so much. You are far too kind.

khattab008:

Check out the TEF thread, a lot people have shared their experiences there. The current record from novice to CLB7 or above is 6months (I think).

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ola2j: 9:55am On Mar 05, 2020
Maryduke:
Hello house. Please can I enter NYSC as parttime? I was working full time in a seperate organisation while serving and I am claiming points for that organisation..

Yes you can. Provided it is up to 45 hours in a week. I.e 8-6 Monday-Thursday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Metrics4tea: 10:00am On Mar 05, 2020
WES has sent photocopy of my documents to my school for verification both electronically and by standard mail. My question is, when an institution responds to WES verification request electronically, will my status change or they must send the hardcopy verification to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by NEROSKY(m): 10:01am On Mar 05, 2020
SunshineD1:

You can always liquidate your funds at anytime. Just know that there are penalties for liquidation. The interest earned will be subject to the penalties

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SoftWorking(f): 10:05am On Mar 05, 2020
AlbertaPikin:
Thanks. But it’s says “we’ve not received the package yet”

It’s been 6 days. And I’m worried.
6 working day? Maybe you give like another 3working days if nothing changes. You can visit records office on Tuesday or thursday.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abk2019: 10:17am On Mar 05, 2020
Please, can anyone give me a contact that help me with my WES verification in OOU? it's been a month since i received the mail dat they are waiting for my institution to reply them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BlestHanneSSG: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2020
You guy's have really tried o big bro. I noticed you and some moniker keep giving convincing enough responses and then he either manages to pop-up another set of are-you-sure question or he somehow rephrases the question that has just been dealt with..
I had to go through the previous posts here by this moniker and I'm like phew!!!

Oluwa a tubo ma so agbara yin d'ọtun o!

ednut1:
why not learn to read the testimonies in this thread before asking this kind funny question. There are several including me who used same.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 05, 2020
Proof of Funds aka POF

Must be readily available
Must not be borrowed
Must be available when you apply
Must be available when you get PPR/COPR
Must be available when you land.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

#GiftDeed

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by vitrendy4eva: 10:58am On Mar 05, 2020
Not to derail the thread...but has anybody recently processed the new e-passport(Nigerian) for a baby recently? NIS is insisting on NIN registration first, and NIMC has refused to register the baby, saying baby's too young for capture. It's just really annoying.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BlestHanneSSG: 10:59am On Mar 05, 2020
Congrats.
Guccigucci:
ITA CLINCHED !!!!!
FINALLY!
CRS - 472
THIS JOURNEY WOULD END IN PRAISES
AMEN..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Phil16: 11:10am On Mar 05, 2020
lasignor:
There are exceptions for this kinda of case. You can get a senior colleague to write the reference letter, upload alongside your employment letter and if possible, your pay review letters (should you have one). Then, use LOE to explain why you didn't get the reference letter from your employer. You can submit paystubs too - if possible, for the whole period you are claiming on your application.

You should be fine.
Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 05, 2020
These are the types of responses that should be encouraged here. Anybody that cannot read to digest information but wants to be spoon fed every step of the way is not ready to move out of Nigeria. Nobody is a toddler here.

LET US STOP INDULGING LAZINESS!!!

Mamaroon:
Proof of Funds aka POF

Must be readily available
Must not be borrowed
Must be available when you apply
Must be available when you get PPR/COPR
Must be available when land.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

#GiftDeed

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 05, 2020
vitrendy4eva:
Not to derail the thread...but has anybody recently processed the new e-passport(Nigerian) for a baby recently? NIS is insisting on NIN registration first, and NIMC has refused to register the baby, saying baby's too young for capture. It's just really annoying.

NIN is needed for all new e-passports, as I understand it.

If you are in Lagos, for NIN try Zenith HQ, Ajose Adeogun, VI. You need to have or open an account.

There is also NIN registration at the Ikoyi Passport Office..... the queue is not for the faint hearted though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Natalie27: 11:35am On Mar 05, 2020
Thats quite strange as my colleague did NIN for his 8day old daughter at Ikoyi but that place is crazy. You can just go to zenith bank at Ajose but it takes time , i went there on a friday, i wrote my name and was told to return next the friday for capturing and would get my NIN in two weeks. I took my chance and went to Ikoyi.
vitrendy4eva:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Moji12(f): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Good morning house. Please for FSW which exam am i to write? Is it Ielts or Clb then how much is the fee for the exam applicable to the programme. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.