Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1329151 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ovywils: 11:38am On Oct 23, 2019
Palominopeaches:

Thank you everyone. May God bless us all
Congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by LecturerIFE: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2019
Bogini:

Anyone here gotten COPR recently? Mind sharing what the current average time to get a confirmation is?

If you submitted your passport at VFS Lagos, expect COPR in 3 weeks.

Meanwhile, back on the application portal, nothing has changed. Everything still remains as it had been. Maybe these will change after COPR, I'm guessing.

That's correct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WaleCanada: 11:43am On Oct 23, 2019
chanceux:
Lol I understand your concerns, but this PPR race is all about faith.

The liberals promised an increase in the quota for immigration to about 350k. The implication is that they might increase the draw size to 4k per each draw. If this is the case then the cut off can't be sustained at 470 or so. It'll come down to 450's.

Nothing is certain, we only act by faith. Isn't it better for her to get ready so that she jumps into the poll once the score starts coming down? Than to miss it completely??

Remember this quote "If we try, we might win, if we don't try we have LOST"

I see you really love that quote grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chanceux: 11:48am On Oct 23, 2019
WaleCanada:

I see you really love that quote grin grin
grin grin It's very powerful. I'm all about positive mindset

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WaleCanada: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2019
Palominopeaches:
PPR and COPR!!

Oh I didn't tell y'all that we have a Canada baby baking in the oven... wink

Summary:
TEF: Nov 11th, 2018
IELTS: Dec 15th, 2018
ECA: Jan 7th, 2019
ITA: Jan 10th, 2019
AOR: Feb 26th, 2019
PPR: Sept 19th, 2019
COPR: Oct 14th, 2019
VO: Ottawa
Family of two
Landing gist loading... Glory!!!!!!!

Congratulations. Your baby will forever bless you for this. wink wink wink

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Palominopeaches(f): 11:52am On Oct 23, 2019
Thank you ma'am! And Amen to your prayers. You'll even have a better story grin
Pwinkle1:

Congratulations darling!!! Excited for you guys..

And yay for your bun in the oven, look at God!!! grin grin

This will be my testimony soon smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chanceux: 11:53am On Oct 23, 2019
Palominopeaches:
PPR and COPR!!

Summary:
Family of two

Loaded! Congrats mama. All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Palominopeaches(f): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2019
Thank you sir. It was my major motivation

WaleCanada:

Congratulations. Your baby will forever bless you for this. wink wink wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 23, 2019
Palominopeaches:
Thank you sir. It was my major motivation

congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mikkyboy(m): 11:59am On Oct 23, 2019
Thanks[quote author=MamaAaron post=83381033][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2019
iaatmguy:
liverpool fans never walk alone, apparently you are grin
Lolz. We are a family last last.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by olalekan9320(m): 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
Palominopeaches:
PPR and COPR!!
The Lord is good and everything He does is perfect. I have come to testify my dear brethrens. So sorry this is coming late, I've been so nervous to post. I didn't know if my story will interest you guys. I've been gathering liver. Lol.

Family of two

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MsJanez01: 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2019
beamboh:
I spent about 17k or so. ICES took a while, about 4 months. I don't think they sent for verification.

Hi. Pls when did you evaluate yours with ICES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by EyesondPrize: 12:21pm On Oct 23, 2019
Double Congratulations!!!

All the very best in Canada.

Palominopeaches:
PPR and COPR!!
The Lord is good and everything He does is perfect.

Oh I didn't tell y'all that we have a Canada baby baking in the oven... wink

Summary:
Family of two

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blissnenye: 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2019
Big Congratulations to you and family. May Canada favour you.

[quote author=Palominopeaches post=83390458]PPR and COPR!!
The Lord is good and everything He does is perfect. I have come to testify my dear brethrens. So sorry this is coming late, I've been so nervous to post. I didn't know if my story will interest you guys. I've been gathering liver. Lol.

Please forgive any typos or errors, this one is not Ielts. Also it's a long post o, please don't quote everything when you want to quote. Thanks grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kiari: 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
@palominopeaches double congratulations to you cheesy grin smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bamangar: 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2019
Hi everyone, someone advised me not to use Fixed deposit as my POF, rather I should used Treasury Bill. Is Fixed deposit not good?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by oge966: 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
Pwinkle1:

You mean your degree certificate and not your transcript right?

If yes, please use hellofax.com

Thank you @Pwinkle1

From the advice received so far here on WES evaluation, it is better to evaluate only your master's degree instead of evaluating both BSc and master degree. I also read somewhere in this thread that it is better to evaluate the degree you would be working with if you eventually travel to Canada.

So this is my situation.... I have a BSc in computer science and I have been working as a software consultant for over 14 years now in Nigeria. I did an MBA in Unilag some 5 years back and I intend to use my MBA for my application to earn more points.

The confusion here is that my MBA is not too related to my work experience (Software consultant) and if I evaluate only that then I will not be evaluating a degree I will like to work with and this might affect me getting a software job over there.

Would you advice I include my BSc Computer science degree in my WES evaluation since that is related to my work experience or I should just proceed with evaluation of only my MBA? What is the implication if I go with the later option?

Secondly, I learnt I will get more points if I add my spouse degree but I want to know if I will earn further points if I include my spouse work experience and get a reference letter to back that up?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2019
bamangar:
Hi everyone, someone advised me not to use Fixed deposit as my POF, rather I should used Treasury Bill. Is Fixed deposit not good?
what is the difference between the two really the person is not IRCC. do any but tenure should be less than 6 months

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iaatmguy(m): 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Lolz. We are a family last last.
you and who??

the sky is blue jare

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2019
bamangar:

Did the person give their reasons why?

I suggest you search the threads and other preceding parts, to get first hand info.

The general guideline is that whatever you are using is as liquid and close to cash as possible, so that it reduces any drama - obviously the financial institution must state this clearly in the reference letter.

Does that make sense?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2019
Palominopeaches:
It's PPR and COPR!

Details in a bit grin grin grin grin

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mariesio: 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2019
iaatmguy:
you and who??

the sky is blue jare

KTBFFH

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Pwinkle1(f): 12:54pm On Oct 23, 2019
oge966:

Thank you @Pwinkle1
So this is my situation.... I have a BSc in computer science and I have been working as a software consultant for over 14 years now in Nigeria. I did an MBA in Unilag some 5 years back and I intend to use my MBA for my application to earn more points.

The confusion here is that my MBA is not too related to my work experience (Software consultant) and if I evaluate only that then I will not be evaluating a degree I will like to work with and this might affect me getting a software job over there.

Would you advice I include my BSc Computer science degree in my WES evaluation since that is related to my work experience or I should just proceed with evaluation of only my MBA? What is the implication if I go with the later option?

Secondly, I learnt I will get more points if I add my spouse degree but I want to know if I will earn further points if I include my spouse work experience and get a reference letter to back that up?

Thank you.

Hello,

I’d try to answer to the best of my knowledge - if I’m not correct anywhere, someone should please correct me.

1. To make you feel more comfortable perhaps you should just evaluate both? Also - are you applying for PNP or EE? I think this would influence which one you should use.

2. Yes you’d get points from your husbands ECA, but no points from his work experience especially if he is not the PA - best to include his work experience in the personal history bit (so I learnt)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chukwuemeka275(m): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ifemide123:
Good morning everyone. I guess this is the point I have to step back and pursue a masters degree cry I have used the best ielts scores and I still didn't reach the cut off point with my bsc. A friend advised I just do it like that since I scored above 400, he said I'd get a PNP nomination. I am not fully convinced about that, but with two years of masters degree, I would be able to save more money, read more about the program and pass my ielts in flying colours.
I wish y'all the best. See you here in 2021/2022!

If the idea behind doing a Masters program is for immigration then maybe doing a shorter program will be better. When you get out of here you could do the Masters and won't be haunted by ASUU or perhaps NLC if you get my drift.

Abeg reason am wella...

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chi15: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
tibayo1:
Just sent it in. Do check your email.

pls I would appreciate if you send me Liz paid videos, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chi15: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2019
tibayo1:
Just sent it in. Do check your email.

pls I would appreciate if you send me Liz paid videos, thanks. Chiziatuzie@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
Erigo23:

Abeg expand on the implications of picking them.. which is good and which is bad
nysc is not government. Am sure he got that form cause he chose government

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bamangar: 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2019
Tina26:
what is the difference between the two really the person is not IRCC. do any but tenure should be less than 6 months
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bamangar: 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2019
Pwinkle1:

Did the person give their reasons why?

I suggest you search the threads and other preceding parts, to get first hand info.

The general guideline is that whatever you are using is as liquid and close to cash as possible, so that it reduces any drama - obviously the financial institution must state this clearly in the reference letter.

Does that make sense?
Thanks, will stick to FD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iaatmguy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2019
Jbaby09:
Good day Fam!!

Please I need clarification on biometrics
Am I supposed to upload anything after it’s done ?
Cos my profile hasn’t indicated that I’ve given biometrics
it would be updated, just be patient
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iaatmguy(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
Mariesio:

KTBFFH
you are mouthed grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.