Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1325984 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dante02(m): 8:03am On Apr 18, 2020
straightforward. The year the program commenced and ended is what matters. Go with the date on the certificate as the completion date. Hope your ECA bears the same completion date as your certificate? IRCC doesn't care about how many years it took to complete the degree or the grade. Their interest is the qualification and its Canadian equivalent. I hope you find this helpful. Cheers. [/quote]

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 8:34am On Apr 18, 2020
ednut1:
i tire for that guy he is only being controversial and looking for trouble. Was lady marshal not in Germany before she applied brain. Even he himself is in france looking for canada too. Many international students in other countries are also targeting canada for a reason. Anyone that is wise should do all it takes to get that PR as the opportunity may not be there for ever
Might not be that he is out to foment trouble or being petty. His disposition could be based on hearsay or fantasies. Las las, everyone will be alright.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2020
Teemez:
Good talk, Even with decent job, My brother I pray that you will not experience the negative side of Nigeria. TO ALL THAT CARES ABOUT THEIR CHILDREN, FLEE from this country as far as your leg can take you. The fact that you will operate in a SANE environment and there is hope for future of your children is enough reason.
Hi, thanks for dropping by. And for your quote, It shows you read my post but you didn't really understand it. You could do again if you have the time.

I raised a few issues in the post, but you chose a specific position which is my opinion that even came with a caveat. I am not perturbed though.

About wanting a great life for your children, I am not against that. Because that is the dream of every parent. But my position is based on the stories I have read on Qoura and the other thread of living in Canada as an immigrant and first hand experience. Where some folks still relish their big man life in Naija. Chauffeur driven, gate man manning their gates, house help doing their chores and people massaging their egos in their workplace in Naija with "oga mi sir" or other accolades that fit such purpose in the country workplace politico. They get none of this in their new home. Many find this fact a strange one. Not even the reality of having to work "the bottom up the ladder approach" in some cases.

And as with many developed nations, an easy way to integrate into their society is education. This new episode might not be easy for someone who is advanced in age with children that need support and time thereby making them to forgo their own dreams. But at the end, their children will be fine for it like you said but only if they shun violence or bad influence and not get carried away by the freedom they have in a new world.

In all, it is not all black and white. Not straightforward but also not impossible. Most importantly, it is necessary to marry expectations with reality. This will make the difference in the long run when the going gets tough. Just me thinking in my humble opinion. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Alosezele: 10:51am On Apr 18, 2020
I don’t think the system of draws is fair lately! I wish IRCC can at least do some FSW draws and give people as long as they can to process and submit so as to lock their scores. Age keep on dropping with 5marks deducted. Although I have not been affected, I really feel for those dropping points cos of birthdays . We knw how difficult it is to add even one point to our CRS scores this days.
I might be wrong but this is my humble submission.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by muvey10: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2020
Somebody wrote his mind and you say he is looking for trouble. People have varying views, respect that. He just gave an advice based on his view, it’s for you to take it or leave it, no too much talk
ednut1:
i tire for that guy he is only being controversial and looking for trouble. Was lady marshal not in Germany before she applied brain. Even he himself is in france looking for canada too. Many international students in other countries are also targeting canada for a reason. Anyone that is wise should do all it takes to get that PR as the opportunity may not be there for ever

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by muvey10: 11:23am On Apr 18, 2020
As much as we want to believe Canada must be do or die
Some people prefer other countries
Doctors prefer UK
My bestie has been in Germany for 3 years with Canadian PR and she has refused to go because she has a great job in Germany.
UK is now doing post study visa. After your masters you can get a job and after 5 years of working you get your papers
I have friends that prefer US to Canada - they earning over 100k US dollars

The moral is
People have varying choices, no one shoe fits all, everyone can’t like Canada

What the guy was trying to advise is the truth and I would further re-iterate

If you can’t get ITA- make Canada a backup plan

Apply for school in Canada, US , Europe and you can actually cross there and enter Canada-if Canada is tour big dream

Don’t sit and be hoping ITA will drop-Be proactive

And if you have soo much patience that your name is PATIENCE, you can wait and keep praying that the CUT OFF WOULD Drop- there is nothing God cannot do

As for me I applied for everything
Visiting visa, express entry and school and I got everything

BE PROACTIVE and in the period of wait try other countries and you can end up with both Canadian PR and education or job in other countrieS

My friend did it, that’s why she works in Germany and still has Canadian PR, because PR was a backup plan but she continued with her life and was not waiting alone for PR, she was trying other opportunities.BE AN OPPORTUNIST, so you end up with many Choices.

I even applied for Chevening scholarship in the UK while I was still doing PR. Education or job in other countries does not stop your PR dreams (back up plan).

Now I have applied for PR
Have visiting visa
And also procured a study permit
muvey10:
Somebody wrote his mind and you say he is looking for trouble. People have varying views, respect that. He just gave an advice based on his view, it’s for you to take it or leave it, no too much talk

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mirian91(f): 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
I heard from IELTS staff that they don't upload remark online. You will have to go collect the original TRF from their office. You are supposed to also get a mail saying that your EOR is ready.
Good luck!
damiek:
Hello All, Nice job. I did MOD/IELTS on the 21 March and my results were LSRW 9896.5 so I applied for a remark immediately. IELTS then sent an email attaching a refund form and Bank Trf form. Based on the mail I was expecting an upgrade in my online result immediately however nothing has happened. Please how long does it take to put the new result online cos I really want to upgrade my EE fast from my current 467. Kindly assist seniors.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mirian91:
I heard from IELTS staff that they don't upload remark online. You will have to go collect the original TRF from their office. You are supposed to also get a mail saying that your EOR is ready.
Good luck!
Negative....maybe BC sha....IDP uploaded mine online, I posted evidence some days ago here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mirian91:
Good luck!
idp updates the online record as long as the date has not passed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
muvey10:
As much as we want to believe Canada must be do or die
Some people prefer other countries
Doctors prefer UK
My bestie has

Now I have applied for PR
Have visiting visa
And also procured a study permit
you are right. But with all these info and knowledge you have do more for the thread

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Localboy91: 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
Maryduke:
Hi, thanks for your response. I understand that there will be a placeholder in the application for him to input his documents. In the case of medicals, he doesnt have the report because hospitals are not doing upfront medicals hence he needs an LoE to explain which is what we will put in the medicals place holder. So I need to know how right it is for me to write an LoE that will be going into his place holder...... Any other person who has had to write an LoE for accompanying spouse can please advise. Thanks

You can write an LOE stating why he doesn’t have his medical ( Probably due to the shut down). Place the LOE in his medical placeholder in the application. Inform IRCC that you will send his medical once you have it. Immediately he is able to do his medical, raise a CSE and send it to IRCc

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Localboy91: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ndawe:
Hubby and I are also in the same shoes and was going to ask this. Neither of us have been able to do medicals yet because of corona wahala but we have every other thing but are unable to submit because neither of us has any document to upload for medicals. I'm the PA for ours', we plan to write and upload LOEs' in the dropbox for medical report. I'll watch out for other responses though, incase people have better suggestions on how to go about this.

Hello, submit LOE in place of medicals and once you have done the medicals, raise a CSE and submit your medicals then.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Monopoly1: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello, has anyone written IELTS in warri centre since it was created. How was it like in terms of how organised and coordinated. Sincere opinions please. Please can anyone reply.Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ndawe(f): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thank you so much[quote author=Localboy91 post=88581895][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bests: 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
This is my Testimony…It can only be God

Timeline (6 months post AOR)
CIC Account created – 20th March 2018
IELTS 5 attempt: LRWS – 8.0,7,7.5,8.5
ECA: WES -BSC and Masters
Score: 464
ITA: 5th September 2018
AOR: 15th October 2018
Biometrics: 14 November 2019
MEP: 9 January 2019
PPR: 10 April 2019
COPR: 25 April 2019
Landed in Canada: 11 June 2019
First Job- 12th August 2019
VO: Ottawa
Single Applicant.

I began to take the Canada hustle serious when senior colleague I really admire immigrated to Australia and Canada.

So, I had to do IELTS and WES simultaneously, registered for WES and I paid the prescribed fee which was to cover both my B.Sc from LASU and Masters from Unilag - I discovered the difference in fee between doing just B,Sc evaluation and both B.Sc and Masters is considerably low- I needed to establish contact in both schools to make the process easy, WES took about 3 months and finally concluded on 30 October, 2017. IELTS ridiculed me for my ignorance and lack of time as a banking professional, I think I wrote this exam about five 5 times, 2 of the times I missed the speaking test and finally here was my LRWS (8, 7, 7.5,8.5), armed with both WES and IELTS I applied and got my ITA on 5th September 2018

Am a bit meticulous, so I had gathered my initial documents even before acing my IELTS, documents gathering was straight forward as I was a single applicant even though I was in a serious relationship to the woman I eventually got married to.

So perhaps the most challenging after POF was my medical as I have a history of TB 13 years ago, after further checks and extra medicals I was cleared in January, 2019, medical cost about #100,000 for me, other process was going by the side, did my biometric in record time.

The Golden mail dropped around 11:30pm on April 10, 2019, I screamed 7 halleluyah and give God the glory, the first thing the next day was to go submit the passport at VFS and I received my COPR within 20days.

I booked my flight through Ethiopian airline, I almost confused Ottawa (YOW) for Toronto (YYZ), thank God for this will have been a major mistake. My flight experience was sweet, I had good in-flight entertainment and overall experience.

So, I arrived in Canada on June 11, 2019 and was welcomed to Canada with little haste, I only brought USD4,000 into Canada and spent USD1,000.00 before getting my first Job to the Glory of God and support of my friend became brother.

I started applying for jobs from Nigeria and I did my first interview on telephone though when I reached Canada the Job was gone but through friend referral, I did Job test same week I arrived in Canada- I had to choose between two(2) offers, yea, LinkedIn helped in Job search and so is personal referral (Personal referral is actually the best and can be established using LinkedIn).

Today is April 18th and I have already spent 10months of great experience in Canada...I needed to share this because I promised God to give this testimony on this platform

68 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by damiek: 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
Please do the results have the same TRf no i.e original result and remark result
niceeric:

Negative....maybe BC sha....IDP uploaded mine online, I posted evidence some days ago here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Unstoppableymx(m): 5:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
bests:

Single Applicant.

I began to take the Canada hustle serious when senior colleague I really admire immigrated to Australia and Canada.

So, I had to do IELTS and WES simultaneously, registered for WES and I paid the prescribed fee which was to cover both my B.Sc from LASU and Masters from Unilag - I discovered the difference in fee between doing just B,Sc evaluation and both B.Sc and Masters is considerably low- I needed to establish contact in both schools to make the process easy, WES took about 3 months and finally concluded on 30 October, 2017. IELTS ridiculed me for my ignorance and lack of time as a banking professional, I think I wrote this exam about five 5 times, 2 of the times I missed the speaking test and finally here was my LRWS (8, 7, 7.5,8.5), armed with both WES and IELTS I applied and got my ITA on 5th September 2018

Am a bit meticulous, so I had gathered my initial documents even before acing my IELTS, documents gathering was straight forward as I was a single applicant even though I was in a serious relationship to the woman I eventually got married to.

So perhaps the most challenging after POF was my medical as I have a history of TB 13 years ago, after further checks and extra medicals I was cleared in January, 2019, medical cost about #100,000 for me, other process was going by the side, did my biometric in record time.

The Golden mail dropped around 11:30pm on April 10, 2019, I screamed 7 halleluyah and give God the glory, the first thing the next day was to go submit the passport at VFS and I received my COPR within 20days.

I booked my flight through Ethiopian airline, I almost confused Ottawa (YOW) for Toronto (YYZ), thank God for this will have been a major mistake. My flight experience was sweet, I had good in-flight entertainment and overall experience.

So, I arrived in Canada on June 11, 2019 and was welcomed to Canada with little haste, I only brought USD4,000 into Canada and spent USD1,000.00 before getting my first Job to the Glory of God and support of my friend became brother.

I started applying for jobs from Nigeria and I did my first interview on telephone though when I reached Canada the Job was gone but through friend referral, I did Job test same week I arrived in Canada- I had to choose between two(2) offers, yea, LinkedIn helped in Job search and so is personal referral (Personal referral is actually the best and can be established using LinkedIn).

Today is April 18th and I have already spent 10months of great experience in Canada...I needed to share this because I promised God to give this testimony on this platform

Congratulations, may the land continue to favor you and we that are still anticipating for ITA may we also be favored soon in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Iambowcreek: 5:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
Good day Guys,

pls I need assistance here, my AOR was August 2019. Jus today I went through my submitted forms and realized that I missed stating that I was denied U.K. visa before but I mentioned the one of USA. Pls how do I update this to avoid misinterpretation. Has anyone been in this kind of situation before? Pls I need urgently assistance. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Monopoly1: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
[quote author=Monopoly1 post=88586040]Hello, has anyone written IELTS in warri centre since it was created. How was it like in terms of how organised and coordinated. Sincere opinions please. Please can anyone reply.Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Iambowcreek:
Good day Guys,

pls I need assistance here, my AOR was August 2019. Jus today I went through my submitted forms and realized that I missed stating that I was denied U.K. visa before but I mentioned the one of USA. Pls how do I update this to avoid misinterpretation. Has anyone been in this kind of situation before? Pls I need urgently assistance. Thank you.
raise cse to inform them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
damiek:
Please do the results have the same TRf no i.e original result and remark result
That's the mistake I made....I didnt note the TRF in the old result. All my screenshots didnt capture it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by thelma76(f): 6:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello, goodevening. Sorry for my late response, I am just seeing this. Hmm, my scores in the practise tests for listening, used to range between 36-40. My first practise test score was the lowest of the range. Thereafter, I used to get at least 38/40.

This was really because I read the Test tips on different sites, read people's comments on ieltsliz about their experiences(areas of difficulty) and picked one or two tricks that helped before I actually attempted the practise test(the fear of paying that exam fee again was just in my head, even till the exam day�, chai!). Also, I used the practise tests on YouTube and the cambridge practise answer sheet. For reading, on the other hand, I used to get lower scores (32-35 at most lol), I only scored higher than 35 maybe twice (I battled with the True,False,Not Given questions). But towards the exam, I read tips again and that was the period I got higher scores.

It may be the materials you're using, some of them are harder than the real exam! But I'd advise you continue with them to be honest, if you can get high scores in the practise tests, the exam would be a walk in the park literally! Well..can't say for writing and speaking though, since there's no way to score yourself before the exam. Don't panic, you're doing well! Dedicate more time/focus to the tests and you'd definitely exceed expectations.

jagaban17:
Please what were your scores like when you were practicing for the exam.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by thelma76(f): 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thank you very much! It's God's grace oo. All the prayers I didn't pray before, it's Ielts that made me remember it grin. It was MOD. I'm not sure why there's a belief that BC is more complicated in marking, but I didn't want to find out by myself cheesy

Gifty28:
Hello, your scores are impressive. Was it Bc or Mod Heard Bc don’t give above 7 or 7.5
In speaking.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by thelma76(f): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2020
Hello, you have some time before then to improve dear! 37 isn't bad at all! Dare I say, if you can get 37 in a practise test, you're close to 39 or 40 in the real exam. Some exercises are tougher than others so you can drop lower than usual sometimes, that's normal. Just keep practicing till there's a good average in sight!

jagaban17:
Guys. My IELTS exam is next month (hopefully it's not postponed). Hoping to max out the scores but I find it difficult to access my progress with my practices (i.e Reading and Listening). My scores vary so much ,I still get scores ranging between 37-29 with Cambridge practice Tests.. Please people,especially those that have aced it, Is this normal ?

How will like to know where I stand with these practice tests.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 6:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
niceeric:

That's the mistake I made....I didnt note the TRF in the old result. All my screenshots didnt capture it
The TRF number remains the same after remark.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by damiek: 6:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
Please advise seniors. I've not gotten the remark result but I think it will be an increase from 6.5 to 7. So I want to enter the pool even without seeing the remark result with a 7 in writing. Do I wait or go ahead. I don't think there is a possibility of getting it increased to 7.5
niyogeol:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by damiek: 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
For IDP, the TRF no is on the online result. It is at the bottom. Can I be wrong? Kindly check if possible
niyogeol:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
niyogeol:
I strongly believe you on this...I'm quite good with letters and numbers and I didn't notice any difference in the TRF when the new result was uploaded but I wasnt so sure.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niceeric(m): 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2020
damiek:
For IDP, the TRF no is on the online result. It is at the bottom. Can I be wrong? Kindly check if possible
It's on the bottom of the page
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by benbert: 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
bests:
Congratulations sea. I tap from your testimony

Single Applicant.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aremso(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
teeboi77:
Good Afternoon house,Please who has UNILAG contact that can help fast track WES confirmation of transcript,have been on this since February,WES has sent them mail to confirm the document but no response yet,if you have contact,Kindly share with me.Thanks

Am also in your shoes, there is nothing they can do at present cos of lockdown
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
Congratulations
bests:

Single Applicant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.