Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,986 members, 7,799,367 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1324617 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Chriswazo(m): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2019
LordSneed:
*Mic tap* *Mic tap* attention everyone.

After 257 agonising days of waiting, I am delighted to say it’s PPR. I’ll be back with my story shortly.

Hey! Chisos! Congrats o
PPR testimonies de do me like film trick, I don't know why
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Debsify: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2019
LordSneed:

After 257 agonising days of waiting, I am delighted to say it’s PPR. I’ll be back with my story shortly.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alphaNomega: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2019
Prisscindy:

You should. The emotional trauma we go through is too much in this country. People are depressed, angry, hungry and desperate. Every sector is slow.

May Nigeria be great again!

@ bolded, it never was.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iaatmguy(m): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2019
ITA MARCH 20TH
AOR APRIL 8TH
MEP MAY 17TH
BIOMETRICS MAY 22ND
SILENCE for over 4 months
called IRCC twice, the agent said the application looks good
ghost update october 23rd
PPR october 23rd.
:
To God be the glory Na so we take become Canadian Permanent resident o (to be citizens in couple of years) .decision to migrate, been a while, my mum called me one fateful day and broke the news to me, that my cousin is going to the U.S.A , HA !. So you mean jboy has been planning to travel since and he didn't notify me (well maybe he thought/thinks i am part of village people).going forward i started reminiscing about the periods i was eager to relocate from the country. 1st period was right after my secondary school, one of my uncles who is an American Citizen, came to town and i casually hinted him about my ambition to relocate, told me it's a welcomed idea. immediately i mentioned it to my parents, they kicked against it, saying those who are over there, don't live a fulfilled life, they live on credit and so on and so forth, my mum especially doesn't  like the western lifestyle. 2nd period when i was unemployed for a while.My maternal cousin who knows about my ambition sent a link to me about Canada in 2012, but i never took it serious. i had shelved my immigration plans and turned into a full time patriotic Nigerian, shouting sai baba sai baba upandan, mtchwwww.fast forward to 2018 my BIL and his wife had started their EE application (knew this through my in-laws) , na so one day i just summoned courage hala the guy, forget say him fit look say where i take hear the news ?. i beeped him, he told me all what i need to know about the process. so i started my research and i stumbled upon this thread, all this while, i was struggling to convince my wife about the entire immigration plan. (but you told me if i reach the decision to travel, i should give you a heads up, so that you can finalize your ACCA ). Na so the love of my life tell me say, i can't just wake up and decide i am immigrating. me: But the country is messed up naaa, she said it doesn't mean, God will  change it"to cut the short story long" she accepted, eventuarry and quietly. i had to convince her further.......... but its for our benefit, our children and our generations in extension).
we were both reading about the horror of people writing IELTS  multiple times without getting the required band score and i became scared (what if she doesn't prepare well) , madam wasn't even bothered. in the course of reading the thread, we discovered she would be the P.A. Registered for WES in August, we beat the WAEC requirement, by the skin of our teeth, as the PA she evaluated her Bsc, ICAN and ACCA, two or more "cerfiticate"  the ICAN was equivalent as a professional course, so no show. ECA was ready by end of November. but mine took four months  but her passport was expired by then. so i contacted someone to help in getting her passport renewed and change of name on passport, including our child's.passport. hmmm this set the entire process back by four months, because she couldn't write IELTS1st IELTS 10th December LSRW 7,8,7,6.5 during the speaking test, my son was with me in MOD Ogudu office, but that day, he decided to make the place lively and started making baby noise in the office. I had to carry him outside and stay in the car while madam did her test. Hmm the boy showed me pepper ehn, the young man started crying profusely, offered him food, sang for him, nothing i didn't attempt to the point i became scared passersby might accuse me of kidnap. But thank God, nobody noticed his tantrums. i just took his baby rattle and began to shake it, voila!!!! he kept still immediately followed by a deep sleep2nd IELTS 5th January 2019 LSRW 8.5,8,7,6.5. writing was upgraded to 7 after EOR.when i got the news of the writing score upgrade, i couldn't contain myself. I screamed. Got home and i carried madam . Honestly the joy of scaling IELTS hurdle, surmounts any other news in this process. I wrote my IELTS in February while i was very sick, the venue was not far from my house, so i dragged myself to the venue. My wife was a bit skeptical about me writing it, but 68k cannot "come and go waste, just laidat. during the exam i was weak and even slept off during the interval between listening and writing, one of the officials had to wake guy man up, i had slept for 14 minutes. it took me some few minutes to regain my little composure with dizzy eyes and blisters allover my fore head. i sha got. LSRW  6, 6.5, 6, 6 at all na im badI WROTE THE EXAM IN ANTICIPATION OF CITIZENSHIP, i never knew it would be a lifeline, we applied when score wasn't this high 460s is the new 440s, without my IELTS, our score was 449, we were so confident it would suffice to get ITA,. the rest is history MEDICALSWe called Qlife for medicals in november and was given march 25th. on the day we scheduled for medical, all the traffic in lagos decided gang up against our route, we left home few minutes past five and got to Qlife past 9 A WHOOPING four hours. it took us another 6 hours to be done with medicals, but my son decided to be an entertainer, to calm frayed nerves (which is unlike him). the staff of qlife were very happy to play with him anytime the opportunity showed. after medicals, we had to rush down to Alagbon to meet inspector Moshood, that man sabi customer care service die!!!! so down to heartas we were filling the application, na so village people strike (but God pass them). we filled country of study for ACCA as England, instead of Nigeria, then adding correspondence in bracket. we realized this mistake after ITA and did a LOE during submission. Also for PCC we submitted only the pink copy (please submit the two copies oooo, don't copy us), then we started hearing different views about how our application might be rejected, for failure to include the finger print page, we stuck to our guns. PLEASE SIR/MA SUBMIT ALLour application didn't change for 4 months plus, i seldom think out loud and say why are are people being disturbed about not getting PPR (that was pre ITA) before 6 months, "they should wait the normal timeline out"., not until it got to my turn. yinmu no be small thing o i decided i was not going to check the application frequently, yes i didn't do that, but my mind was always there. in the whatsapp group i was in, it was advised to always check at least once daily because one could get an ADR, with a short timeline for submission.you see that whatsapp group ehn!! the most liveliest group i have ever been on, it is a harbinger of many glad tidings. expecting more from that group sefduring the course of this journey, i have met wonderful and selfless folks, would rather not mention names, so as not to skip some names. but ONE person stand outs, if and when you are reading this,plenty kudos, gbagba, gbosa, applaud to you.

to all those who are expectant one way or the other, Godspeed to all of you whatever typo and error you see kindly "pardin me". i no kuku do well for IELTS lol

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Opsy29: 10:02am On Oct 24, 2019
Hello house, I have a friend who wants to go through express entry. She has three years work experience but she left her job 2 years ago to start her own business. Her Crs score is 471. For her application does she have to provide the documents for a self employed applicant as she can easily get reference letter for her previous work experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iaatmguy(m): 10:06am On Oct 24, 2019
Opsy29:
Hello house, I have a friend who wants to go through express entry. She has three years work experience but she left her job 2 years ago to start her own business. Her Crs score is 471. For her application does she have to provide the documents for a self employed applicant as she can easily get reference letter for her previous work experience.
please tell your friend to apply, and get reference letter from previous place of work. However the work experience has to be in group 0 A B of the NOC

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Hephzibah2018: 10:08am On Oct 24, 2019
iaatmguy:
ITA MARCH 20TH
AOR APRIL 8TH
MEP MAY 17TH
BIOMETRICS MAY 22ND
PPR october 23rd.

Amazing....so inspiring! Congrats again and God bless your Landing

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abiodungirl: 10:29am On Oct 24, 2019
congratulations, and safe delivery in Canada
Palominopeaches:
PPR and COPR!!

Oh I didn't tell y'all that we have a Canada baby baking in the oven... wink

Summary:
TEF: Nov 11th, 2018
IELTS: Dec 15th, 2018
ECA: Jan 7th, 2019
ITA: Jan 10th, 2019
AOR: Feb 26th, 2019
PPR: Sept 19th, 2019
COPR: Oct 14th, 2019
VO: Ottawa
Family of two
Landing gist loading... Glory!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abiodungirl: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2019
okehsmiley:
Good people pls I need some help. I hear people are able to contact WES, pls how do you guys do that. I have been to their website but couldn't find any email to send to. The number I saw online was just an IVR .

My husband has been evaluating his result since July. All we see on the status is ' we are reviewing your documents'.

call this number +1 800 361 6106

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 10:38am On Oct 24, 2019
Please edit your post, the quote is too long. She warned!
Abiodungirl:
congratulations, and safe delivery in Canada
Palominopeaches:

Also it's a long post o, please don't quote everything when you want to quote. Thanks grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Vincad: 10:40am On Oct 24, 2019
etyno:

@vincad This is good news for you. This is a beautiful development

Yeah, it really is. My mind is at rest now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by majjj: 10:52am On Oct 24, 2019
FINALLY! Congratulations and may the road be smoother from here on out.
iaatmguy:
ITS PPR
ITA MARCH 20TH
AOR APRIL 8TH
MEP MAY 17TH
BIOMETRICS MAY 22ND
PPR october 23rd.

gist coming later
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bankyh1905(m): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2019
Congratulations to you and yours. Such an interesting and detailed pre-AOR script.
How I wish you gave us more details about the "wait".
If you don't mind, kindly include some spacing for easy read (thanks). All in all, you score 7/10.
You were once a newbie, became a veteran/guru and now, an elder. grin Go forth and enjoy your new home!

Boss, please let's have some performance from our shekere dancer(s) grin

iaatmguy:
ITA MARCH 20TH
AOR APRIL 8TH
PPR october 23rd.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Favouredhands: 11:13am On Oct 24, 2019
Good morning. Please is there anyone here who has applied as spouse unaccompanied and later filed for spouse?

I wanted a realistic idea of how long it took though I have read it takes about a year.

Also what happens to a child of the couple?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by kiari: 11:23am On Oct 24, 2019
iaatmguy:
ITA MARCH 20TH
AOR APRIL 8TH
MEP MAY 17TH
BIOMETRICS MAY 22ND
PPR october 23rd.

Congratulations!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Jbankole2018: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2019
House please my wife evaluate her credentials via ICES and the result is completed and sent through regular postal mail but we haven't receive the result for more 8 weeks now. We mailed ICES they claimed the result was lost in transit because regular postal mail was not trackable. House my question is "what is regular postal mail" because we used our house and office address of my wife.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2019
Lols grin i wish ooo, that na one too dey but i get better option. Make I up my ielts first grin

Macy4real200:
Bros abi sis, oya make we learn the French together nah. I have started ooo. We must hear" Welcome to Canada" next year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eraytee: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2019
Massive congratulations to @iaatmguy and @lordsneed. Go and prosper. Your watch has ended. grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Trice2: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2019
Hello all.. Please how do I register for CIMA. The site and all.. Please help a sister. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abiodungirl: 11:46am On Oct 24, 2019
Congratulations

LordSneed:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by WaleCanada: 11:56am On Oct 24, 2019
Congrats to the Latest PPR clinchers. Your wait has ended. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mamsvee: 11:58am On Oct 24, 2019
If you are interested in joining whatsapp October AOR group. Please dm me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magd: 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
Goodafternoon All, please what do I need to send to book upfront medicals with qlife.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bekayy: 12:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
A huge congratulations to you. I enjoyed your read. May the Lord bless your fine family always.

Palominopeaches:
PPR and COPR!!

Summary:
TEF: Nov 11th, 2018
IELTS: Dec 15th, 2018
ECA: Jan 7th, 2019
ITA: Jan 10th, 2019
AOR: Feb 26th, 2019
PPR: Sept 19th, 2019
COPR: Oct 14th, 2019
VO: Ottawa
Family of two
Landing gist loading... Glory!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yemblaze(f): 12:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
Congratss bro....Wish you and your family all the best in your new home. Enjoy

iaatmguy:
ITA
PPR october 23rd.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2019
magd:
Goodafternoon All, please what do I need to send to book upfront medicals with qlife.
Thanks
mail. Them ..most time they would ask for ITA letter. Sometimes they wont. Iom is your best bet before ita
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ChiefVal: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
Jbankole2018:
We mailed ICES they claimed the result was lost in transit because regular postal mail was not trackable. House my question is "what is regular postal mail" because we used our house and office address of my wife.

Check the post office closest to the address you used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2019
Favouredhands:
Good morning. Please is there anyone here who has applied as spouse unaccompanied and later filed for spouse?

I wanted a realistic idea of how long it took though I have read it takes about a year.

Also what happens to a child of the couple?

Thanks
look for the thread on this section. Some got it in 3 months. Some 1 year etc. The child will be included

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Favouredhands: 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2019
Thanks as always

Tina26:
look for the thread on this section. Some got it in 3 months. Some 1 year etc. The child will be included
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ifevictor: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
Congrats
iaatmguy:
ITS PPR
ITA MARCH 20TH
AOR APRIL 8TH
MEP MAY 17TH
BIOMETRICS MAY 22ND
PPR october 23rd.

gist coming later

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by magd: 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
Thanks
Tina26:
mail. Them ..most time they would ask for ITA letter. Sometimes they wont. Iom is your best bet before ita
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iaatmguy(m): 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2019
bankyh1905:
Congratulations to you and yours. Such an interesting and detailed pre-AOR script.
How I wish you gave us more details about the "wait".
If you don't mind, kindly include some spacing for easy read (thanks). All in all, you score 7/10.
You were once a newbie, became a veteran/guru and now, an elder. grin Go forth and enjoy your new home!

Boss, please let's have some performance from our shekere dancer(s) grin

yayi grin grin grin grin grin

apologies for the lack of space

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.