Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1328890 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammie0904: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2020
Thanks, You are blessed!

Mummychichi:

Go to IRCC website. The format is there. When you go to the bank to make a request, you are expected to know what you want to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammie0904: 11:17am On Jun 08, 2020
grin I concur!

niyogeol:
Hi. This notion of IELTS being easy in one country to another might not be true. For instance, the reading and listening is standard. It is either right or wrong. So it leaves us with writing and speaking. Although the marking of this component of the test is subjective but there is sure a guideline they follow. Reason why there is EOR when one feels they deserve better than they have gotten. According to their policy, it is senior examiners that handle the EOR. So one can say it is fair to a large extent.

And on you going to Dubai to take the test, I wouldn't encourage that especially when the aim of your trip to Dubai is just for the test. It is not necessary. Just a waste of resources. I did my IELTS in Europe. Took a few attempts before I got the needed score. At a point I was thinking it would be easier for me to pass it in Nigeria. I started contemplating if I should travel to Naija to take the test. But after critical evaluation, I realized that wasn't the solution given the economics. To cut the long story short, I did pass the test in Europe. I sat with a native speaker of the language and had 8.5 in speaking. So what the hell! My previous attempt (academic) in 2016 in Naija was a 6.5 in speaking.

That said, what aspect of the test are you struggling with? What you need is the right formula. Especially in the writing part of the test. There are couple of resources out there that would help you understand the tricks on writing and speaking. Ieltsliz is one, E2 language by Jay is another. There is also a WhatsApp group by some gracious nairalanders here that delivers free writing tutorials. I will implore you to avail yourself the use of the latter as they review your writings and give feedback. The feedback is very good. It helps you understand where you are struggling or mixing things up.

Without understanding what your weaknesses are, it won't make any difference even if you go take the test in Mars of Jupiter. Lol. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Olami2903: 11:48am On Jun 08, 2020
Please has anyone gotten their transcript sent from Unilag since the Covid shutdown? The website has been down and my contact is not responding. I just want to know if they're generally not working or some have been able to help 'working from home'. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sincerechic: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2020
niyogeol:
Hi. This notion of IELTS being easy in one country to another might not be true.
Without understanding what your weaknesses are, it won't make any difference even if you go take the test in Mars of Jupiter. Lol. Cheers.

Now, this is how to offer advice or disagree with a person without being condescending or dismissive

Thumbs up

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dennyjuff: 12:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
Abuja2canada:

Did you evaluate the certificate before claiming it as two or more ? ??
asking too Cos I thought they said ican has zero scores
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by spicykev(f): 12:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
My good friend, you are not harsh at all, i am glad you told me the reality facing me, thanks.

Abuja2canada:

I honestly laugh really hard when I hear people say this..see English you have been speaking, reading and listening since birth you couldn't ace it,you now want to learn a foreign language and do reading,writing, speaking and listening and pass in 3 months....please lets be realistic with ourselves... It takes an average of a year of consistent speaking, listening , reading and writing to get a very good score in tef as well as plenty sprinkle of patience,perseverance and hard work...

I know loads of people who studied French in school, went on foreign exchange programs to French speaking countries yet couldn't make a very reasonable score just few were able to do really well. Language is not something you rush to learn..its not like history you can cram and pour. Is it possible to learn even a Nigerian language in 3 months and excel in speaking , reading ,writing and listening? Let's be realistic.

Sorry it might sound harsh ooo but its the honest truth and we all need to take note of such rush rush approach. This process is not easy like that..May God help us all to make the best decisions that will save us time and money.

My 2 cent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by crespo67: 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2020
Anyone struggling with IELTS writing test should simply contact Johnnybravo.

I think his fee is very reasonable. He simply teaches you his formula to IELTS writing and how to apply it. I humbled myself, used his formula, and I got a 7.5 in my writing.

See me doing free advert. angry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by niyogeol(m): 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2020
Sincerechic:

Now, this is how to offer advice or disagree with a person without being condescending or dismissive

Thumbs up
Thanks for upvoting my admonition. On this space, some people can be rude to others. Cyber bullying sort of. But I frown at such. I work to prevent such. So I shouldn't be found wanting in same.

I believe the reason people come here is to seek advice/respite. So no need compounding their woes. If one cannot offer any meaningful advice, it is important to simply overlook and pass.

A fellow here once called me ignorant. I just pointed it to him on how that wasn't necessary. But you can't determine how people behave. One can just try to make them see why such behaviour could be toxic to others. Civility is something many people need to learn. It will go a long way considering many are making the move to live outside the shores of Africa.

Thanks for your time once again. Cheers.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dennyjuff: 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2020
iwinosajack:

Yeah, you & ur husband can create two separate profiles. You as principal applicant in one & ur husband as principal applicant in the other one. But you have to cancel one after you get nomination or ITA
thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hanifah04(f): 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2020
Dammie0904:
grin I concur!

Hi, my name is folakemi. I would like to join the whatsapp group for the purpose of ielts, kindly help with the link.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hanifah04(f): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2020
PLSHELEP:
Hi, my name is Folakemi. I would like to study on my own for starters, kindly help with available materials. Thanks

My methods didn’t work, please don’t be like me... drop the shoulder and pay either johnnybravo or blissnenye to assist you with your preparation. It’s cheaper to pay them their token in comparison to 68k times 5. Think about it.

To look for either of them, just read through the threads and you’ll find them or use their handles to search. I know blissnenye is travelling soon, so she might be a little busy but you never know.

However, if you want to practice on your own please send me a message and I might be able to find the link to a google drive folder that has some practice questions.

May the journey be blissful for all of us. Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Abuja2canada:

I honestly laugh really hard when I hear people say this..see English you have been speaking, reading and listening since birth you couldn't ace it,you now want to learn a foreign language and do reading,writing, speaking and listening and pass in 3 months....please lets be realistic with ourselves... It takes an average of a year of consistent speaking, listening , reading and writing to get a very good score in tef as well as plenty sprinkle of patience,perseverance and hard work...

I know loads of people who studied French in school, went on foreign exchange programs to French speaking countries yet couldn't make a very reasonable score just few were able to do really well. Language is not something you rush to learn..its not like history you can cram and pour. Is it possible to learn even a Nigerian language in 3 months and excel in speaking , reading ,writing and listening? Let's be realistic.

Sorry it might sound harsh ooo but its the honest truth and we all need to take note of such rush rush approach. This process is not easy like that..May God help us all to make the best decisions that will save us time and money.

My 2 cent.

You are so spot on.. French is no joke! For those of you planning to enter the race, you need to be dedicated. Before I jumped into the pool I decided to learn French for some reason (not like my CRS score wasnt good enough - 481 as at then). I carried myself to enrol in a French school - Alliance Francaise. The school is an amazing learning space I'd always recommend but mehn for 2 weeks, the thing was doing the more you look, the less you see. What the facilitator would teach us this week, I will struggle to string a sentence the following week. 8 weeks passed, I was meant to take the A1 proficiency exam but ran from it.

Perhaps, I was slow in learning cos I felt I wouldn't really need it but I realised that language isn't something one will pick in 3 months... Except u r prolly gifted or extremely dedicated.. Afterall, nothing is really impossible to humans!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by isaacola57: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Faysuze:

I wrote it as Foundation programme. I got my diploma in 2011.

A friend in my set also got her's as bsc only. She had to mail them for re-evaluation when she saw mine. I don't know the process she went through though.
there is no foundation diploma only diploma in...... And I am not sure that is our diploma into yr2 diploma. Did you put "foundation program" manually.. I am stuck here

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by zorodninja(m): 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hello house.Please which of the two days is considered by IRCC in arriving at medical test expiration.

1.Day Medical was done(In my case 11th Sept,2019)
OR

2.Day I was advised of passing medicals(29th October 2019).

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Dammie0904: 1:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
I only have a group on telegram, no WhatsApp

hanifah04:
Hi, my name is folakemi. I would like to join the whatsapp group for the purpose of ielts, kindly help with the link.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sunkeke: 2:29pm On Jun 08, 2020
crespo67:

I think his fee is very reasonable. He simply teaches you his formula to IELTS writing and how to apply it. I humbled myself, used his formula, and I got a 7.5 in my writing.

I concur, ☝️tested and trusted!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sunkeke: 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2020
zorodninja:
Hello house.Please which of the two days is considered by IRCC in arriving at medical test expiration.

OR

Cheers.

For me, it was the day I did the medical test
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by divaJenny1: 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
Thank you so much. I called, and was told to hold on till the next batch. I'll just have to keep my ears open then. Thank you so much

CanadaPR:

Yes, one can apply irrespective of the discipline of study. I think you should call before registering. I'm not sure Admission is open

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by crespo67: 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Thank you
His method is very simple, but it works all the time.
Sunkeke:

I concur, ☝️tested and trusted!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
isaacola57:
there is no foundation diploma only diploma in...... And I am not sure that is our diploma into yr2 diploma. Did you put "foundation program" manually.. I am stuck here

I meant the name on my certificate was Foundation programme. Just input Diploma in your course. Mine was Diploma in Accounting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
zorodninja:

OR

Cheers.

till you see your copr. Mine was date medicals was done plus 1 year 6 days. Ignore medicals passed on profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Bosspapi: 3:28pm On Jun 08, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm quite new here and looking to kickstart the Express Entry process. I've been trying to consume as much information as I can and to be sincere, it's been overwhelming but I never expected less. A bit about me professionally, I'm a Software Developer, with about 5 years experience. I took the simulated CRS assessment/test with an IELTS score of S7.5, L8.5, R8.0, W7. I specified 2 certificates (I intend taking the BCS Certificate for IT). My total score is about 468, I don't know how great this score is, considering I've been told the threshold is getting higher.

I have a couple of questions:

1) How good is the score? How can I boost it any further if it isn't?

2) Experience-wise as a Software Developer I have been a freelancer most of the time especially in the University, but I have worked at 3 different companies in a professional setting/capacity for about 1 year each. Currently at my third company. Considering my assumptions are correct, I'd be needing 3 different reference letter once in the I get ITA, right?

3) Can I start requesting for these reference letters or do they need to be of a specific date range?

4) Also regarding the issue of POF, I don't have anything in Naira or sitting in my bank at the moment, thanks to how the Naira is being constantly devalued. Can I deposit a lump sum into my Nigerian account when the POF is requested?

These questions are in foresight and assuming I get into the pool and subsequently get an ITA. I'm trying as much as possible to start getting the necessary documentation together as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
moneybag007:
It's actually not the same standard as you stated. With my findings, IELTS believes Nigerians were colonised by Britain so they expect us to be vast and sound in the use of English when compared with the UAE that do not speak English pretty much. Dubai people do not understand English as much as Nigerians so their IELTS is far simpler than Nigeria's. I hope you gat the drift? I stand to be corrected my people...

I'm happy you've cleared my doubt that I can write it anywhere in the world. I would prefer going to write it in Dubai so as to ace it once and for all...

Thanks

After acing the IELTS, you would have travel history to think of and PCC. Kindly weigh both options
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Amys: 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
till you see your copr. Mine was date medicals was done plus 1 year 6 days. Ignore medicals passed on profile.

Please help
Please I need to ask this question, my boyfriend has work for a company which belong to his uncle for 7years without being paid Tax(personal income tax) , the business is incorporated and registered. Has online presence cos the Uncle is into web developer and design etc. He studied Mechanical engineering and he did computer training in graphic design now he is through with school, He work there part time to help him with school fees, which he was paid cash. Now he want to go through express entry Canada . Will that effect him during ITA.
Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by punchyy(f): 3:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Good day all, please I plan on writing Ielts next month. I would like to know which exam options is preferable that is computer based or the written type.
Also can I use my National ID for means of identification on exam day, I saw some conflicting information somewhere. I would appreciate a kind answer/suggestion.Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ikjosh04: 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
crespo67:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
1. Depends on ur proficiency with a computer, are u comfortable when using a computer? Perhaps u use it everyday at work? Is your writing legible? Final decision is urs.

2. ONLY international passport babe

punchyy:
Good day all, please I plan on writing Ielts next month. I would like to know which exam options is preferable that is computer based or the written type.
Also can I use my National ID for means of identification on exam day, I saw some conflicting information somewhere. I would appreciate a kind answer/suggestion.Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by isaacola57: 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
Faysuze:

I meant the name on my certificate was Foundation programme. Just input Diploma in your course. Mine was Diploma in Accounting.
do u have a means I can reach you on.. can I drop my mail or u drop yours..I put it as u said
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by punchyy(f): 4:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
[quote author=MayorOfEdmonton post=90447536]1. Depends on ur proficiency with a computer, are u comfortable when using a computer? Perhaps u use it everyday at work? Is your writing legible? Final decision is urs.

2. ONLY international passport babe

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
isaacola57:
do u have a means I can reach you on.. can I drop my mail or u drop yours..I put it as u said

Drop your email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
punchyy:

If you are about starting the process, i'd recommend you start with your education evaluation. Then spend the time studying why waiting for it to get to verification before writing your English test.
For IELTS, you have MOD and British. Both are almost the same amount, but the fees for remarking are different.MOD would charge you 42k, while British would ask for 15k.
You would need a passport for this too.
If you don't have one yet, it's not a bad idea to invest in one before writing IELTS

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.