Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1324600 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hi guys.
Can someone explain how this etx works? Or point me to where I can get info about it?
I just learnt my uni is now responding to transcript requests but my contact says she doesn't know much about etx, she was originally suppose to do the normal courier method before covid changed things. Help anyone?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by TOdus18(f): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2020
Dandilion:

Hi guys.
Can someone explain how this etx works? Or point me to where I can get info about it?
I just learnt my uni is now responding to transcript requests but my contact says she doesn't know much about etx, she was originally suppose to do the normal courier method before covid changed things. Help anyone?

The main thing is to process the transcript by yourself from your school and then use etx for delivery. When you go to the wes-etx site, use the delivery only method.

I'll suggest that you search for Abuja2canada's detailed explanation and Video on how to go about it. Hers was done this way and fast too. I'm doing the same thing as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2020
What do you mean by family company people please ,because I work in my dad’s firm. I
Mamaroon:

This person's work experience was verified...as in...they asked the employers/employees "do you know so and so? What was so and so's job?" Family company peeps beware.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/417609/index.do?q=Federal+skill+worker+permanent+residence+application+
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Berle: 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
Thank you Mamaroon for sharing this. I'm post AOR and I have erroneously missed out my directorships as I have never been actively in the day-to-day running. I'll raise a CSE immediately stating the company names and the date I became a director. Do I have to upload any documents to substantiate this claim?
Mamaroon:

This one had a directorship on his LinkedIn profile that he didn't declare. When IRCC asked him about it, he tried to deny it.

When they say personal history....they mean personal history.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/406027/index.do?q=Federal+skill+worker+permanent+residence+application+
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2020
TOdus18:

The main thing is to process the transcript by yourself from your school and then use etx for delivery. When you go to the wes-etx site, use the delivery only method.

I'll suggest that you search for Abuja2canada's detailed explanation and Video on how to go about it. Her's was done this way and fast too. I'm doing the same thing as well.

Thanks a lot. I found the video you were referring to.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Richdee1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2020
oty1993:
Alberta (Community service / social worker)
Social Work my course��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2020
Berle:
Thank you Mamaroon for sharing this. I'm post AOR and I have erroneously missed out my directorships as I have never been actively in the day-to-day running. I'll raise a CSE immediately stating the company names and the date I became a director. Do I have to upload any documents to substantiate this claim?

Great move! I don't think you need to add any docs, but yes, please include dates just as you would have done under personal history.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
Marykelly:
What do you mean by family company people please ,because I work in my dad’s firm. I

Please read the judgement for full context.

The person claimed to be working in a family firm. When IRCC checked with others that were working there at the time, they could only say that the lady was the daughter-in-law of the owner. None could confirm that she actually worked there as a translator (her chosen NOC).

If you really perform functions in your dad's firm that match your NOC, no problem.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Marykelly: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
Okay thanks
Mamaroon:

The person claimed to be working in a family firm. When IRCC checked with others that were working there at the time, they could only say that the lady was the daughter-in-law of the owner. None could confirm that she actually worked there.

If you really perform functions in your dad's firm that match your NOC, no problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by crespo67: 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hi Mamaroon, thanks for the info. Please help clarify. This directorship situation only applies if one is claiming work experience points with the said company right? Or do you mean, if I am a director in a company which I am not claiming points with, I have to declare that information? Thanks
Mamaroon:

The person claimed to be working in a family firm. When IRCC checked with others that were working there at the time, they could only say that the lady was the daughter-in-law of the owner. None could confirm that she actually worked there.

If you really perform functions in your dad's firm that match your NOC, no cause for alarm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by FarmGang(f): 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2020
I have applied for my transcript using ETX (BSc - OA), MSC - UNILAG

I have used the direct delivery for Unilag and the normal process for OAU. Let us see how it goes and how long it takes them to deliver.
Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 24, 2020
crespo67:
Hi Mamaroon, thanks for the info. Please help clarify. This directorship situation only applies if one is claiming work experience points with the said company right? Or do you mean, if I am a director in a company which I am not claiming points with, I have to declare that information? Thanks

My understanding (and please take it with a pinch of salt, as I no be confirmed VO yet, still undergoing training grin ) is that when they ask us for personal history over the past 10 years, they want as much info as possible that will aid their background, security and criminality checks. They expect us to tell them all we have been up to. So leaving something out may be an innocent oversight on our part, but it it is an omission that may cause the VO to make an incorrect determination.

This includes PA and spouse directorships, professional association membership, volunteer positions, up to religious affiliation sef......

So in short, its has nothing to do with work experience, it concerns personal history (I think). Mr Yusuf was not claiming points for the directorship...if he was he wouldn't be trying to deny it...... complete with affidavit!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Berle: 6:45pm On Jun 24, 2020
Thanks a lot! I'll do just that
Mamaroon:

Great move! I don't think you need to add any docs, but please include dates just as you would have done under personal history.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by bosunjohns(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2020
ThowLou:

Why not? As long as your transcript and statement of result is ready, you can evaluate with WES. You should swing to action ASAP, Unilag seems to be working on WES requests faster now. You can PM me for the contact
Can you send me the contact please? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by dkdmy: 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hi guys, thanks for all ur good work
I want to ask, how easy is it to bring my spouse after I get PR? Am trying to weigh my options here!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by chygoz3(m): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Mamaroon:

My understanding (and please take it with a pinch of salt, as I no confirmed VO yet, still undergoing training grin ) is that when they ask us for personal history over the past 10 years, they want as much info as possible that will aid their background, security and criminality checks. They expect us to tell them all we have been up to. So leaving something out, may be an innocent oversight on our part, but it it is an omission that may cause the VO to make an incorrect determination.

As I be confirmed oversabi aka "I too know"....I included PA and spouse directorships, professional association membership, volunteer positions, up to religious affiliation sef, make they come mix up the Mamaroon of deeper life with the one wey be yahoo yahoo.

So in short, its has nothing to do with work experience, it concerns personal history (I think). Mr Yusuf (our country man) was kuku not claiming points for the directorship...
What do you think about a situation whereby someone registered a company along with a couple of friends, but the company never took off, i.e apart from CAC registration, nothing else exists, no bank accounts, no website anymore, nothing. What do you think such a person should do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2020
chygoz3:

What do you think about a situation whereby someone registered a company along with a couple of friends, but the company never took off, i.e apart from CAC registration, nothing else exists, no bank accounts, no website anymore, nothing. What do you think such a person should do?

It costs nothing to include it. You don't have to provide any docs or name co-owners.

Co-owner of XYZ Nig Ltd from Oct 2010 to Dec 2010 in Personal History. Dazsol!

It may not matter.....but if it was me, I would include it. Just a personal view, others may think differently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by rvpbae: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2020
ThowLou:

In this case, the certificate isn’t ready. He/She would have to request for the statement of result and that’s what will be sent to WES. WES will verify the statement of result alongside the transcript sent by the school

Pls check your mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Gifty28(f): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
ieltsonlinetests.com you can use this to Practice listening and reading. Most people here talk about it. I haven’t written Ielts yet.

Collineno:

Woooow this is a good result. How is it possible to get a 9 in Listening?? I need tutorial I am stucked at 7.0 in listening. Do you have any materials or strategies that can help ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by opeyemi2012(m): 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2020
eben1991:
Good evening all.

Im 29 and Single.
Administrative Assistant Feb 2017 - Jan 2020,
Administrative Officer Feb 2020 - till date.
Went for study leave Feb 2018 - September 2019. ( All these experiences are in the same University)

I will like to know if i can claim 3 years plus experience since i was on study leave without pay and also which of the position is better claimed. I am presently preparing for IELTS and also i will be evaluating my Masters Degree... ( I hope thats a good idea)

Thank you.
It's better to evaluate both your Bachelor and Master degree.

https://www.quora.com/Do-I-only-evaluate-WES-my-highest-degree-master’s-for-Canada’s-Express-Entry

https://www.quora.com/I-have-a-US-Masters-with-Indian-Bachelors-Do-I-need-to-send-my-Bachelors-transcripts-as-well-to-WES-for-Canada-ECA-for-express-entry-profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Francieuche: 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
FarmGang:

I have used the direct delivery for Unilag and the normal process for OAU. Let us see how it goes and how long it takes them to deliver.
Fingers crossed.
How did you go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Princessayot: 10:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Please someone answer me.
Is CITLS recognized as another certificate or degree with WES?
I have BSC & CITLS certification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abuja2canada: 10:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
Mamaroon:
For those of us that are pre ITA or post ITA and about to submit our applications. It will be good to note and submit the required documents EXACTLY as per IRCC. See rejection case below (NOC related rejection).

The judge sef agree say she be correct express entry candidate but she no bring wetin they talk.

The VOs are not obliged to ask us for ADR nor must they issue us a procedural fairness letter. Rejections are very real. Let us learn from the experience of others.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/460046/index.do?q=Federal+skill+worker+permanent+residence+application+

This is very informative how do I access more cases??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
Abuja2canada:

This is very informative how do I access more cases??

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/en/nav.do

Advanced search - add keywords...federal, skilled, worker, permanent, residence, to filter out the refugee gist. Add nigeria, if you want stories specific to our people!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sammydizzle(m): 10:46pm On Jun 24, 2020
This is a very useful information. Let's all be guided.
It will surely end in praise!!!

Mamaroon:
For those of us that are pre ITA or post ITA and about to submit our applications. It will be good to note and submit the required documents EXACTLY as per IRCC. See rejection case below (NOC related rejection).

The judge sef agree say she be correct express entry candidate but she no bring wetin they talk.

The VOs are not obliged to ask us for ADR nor must they issue us a procedural fairness letter. Rejections are very real. Let us learn from the experience of others.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/460046/index.do?q=Federal+skill+worker+permanent+residence+application+
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by hazzaman: 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
Unilag won’t send your transcript to ETX. Just pay the 20k for DHL and you don’t need the BSc na
FarmGang:

Fingers crossed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by MayorOfEdmonton: 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2020
Wrong...for immigration you only need your highest degree. Which is MSc, saves u needless time and money chasing after BSc transcript.
This is 2020.
Cheers

opeyemi2012:
It's better to evaluate both your Bachelor and Master degree.

https://www.quora.com/Do-I-only-evaluate-WES-my-highest-degree-master’s-for-Canada’s-Express-Entry

https://www.quora.com/I-have-a-US-Masters-with-Indian-Bachelors-Do-I-need-to-send-my-Bachelors-transcripts-as-well-to-WES-for-Canada-ECA-for-express-entry-profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Kikiyo: 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
Thank you. I dont have the exam officer details. Graduated 13years ago.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by opeyemi2012(m): 11:53pm On Jun 24, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
Wrong...for immigration you only need your highest degree. Which is MSc, saves u needless time and money chasing after BSc transcript.
This is 2020.
Cheers

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 25, 2020
FarmGang:

Fingers crossed.
Why evaluating the first degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Metrics4tea: 1:44am On Jun 25, 2020
Please I want to who has sucessfully applied to Manitoba PNP as a HR professional. Please I need a guide. I found out from my research that human Resources professionals are in demand in that province.

(1) (2) (3) ... (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.