Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1325985 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Neam9: 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
Alright, thank you so much.

NaijaCanadian28:
Even if you don’t mention it, they’ll ask. You don’t need to lie, it won’t affect your application in any way
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
muvey10:
Exactly. The problem is not really internship but how can an intern be a manager. It does not sound right.

Let’s learn to think like VOs. I remember I wanted to pick 0016 NOC and a friend advised me not to, that that NOC is for well established CEOs not CEO of an SME, it is now I understand what he was saying

He said, you have to pick the lesser one in terms of designation to avoid them not being convinced about your work experience.

I understand. But didn't they also say it is job duties that matter and not job title?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ednut1(m): 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Bazbaby:

I really didn't know there was an issue with managerial NOCs, if not I would have paid more attention to it. The work experience is after NYSC and i was hired as a graduate intern. Also my ref letter from the company stated that the job title is graduate intern. It is annoying but that is the only that has construction project management.

Unfortunately, i don't have copies of those documents. I am sure they are even proprietary, the company would not even give me a copy of it. My supervisor has written a letter to explain more of what we do. I am hoping for the best.

Thanks.

you can only use those managerial NOC when you have years of experience. Write a letter to VO and choose a lesser Noc o

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 2funkyy(f): 11:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hello All, please if the PA has done the ECA does the spouse need to do ECA too,also what is the estimated amount for Medical for a family of 3.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by GBSS: 11:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mamaroon:

What Olalekan said.

Please let us carefully review the VO's comments. I don't think it's about whether the applicant mentioned NYSC or not. I think it is safe to say NYSC is not an internship or apprenticeship program!!!

HOWEVER, the VO seems to be arguing that the LOE (not even ref letter) is not consistent with the chosen NOC. He uses local knowledge of NYSC programme to buttress this point. As we cannot see the LOE submitted (why was there no ref letter??), it is difficult to say.

Did the applicant submit a ref letter? Is it possible that perhaps the teaching role performed by the applicant is more suited to NOC 4032 or 4413. Was the teaching done at a secondary school? Was applicant the main teacher?

As has been stated over and over and over, get a ref letter as close as possible to IRCC format from employer that shows your roles being majorly (80%and above) in sync with chosen NOC.

Obedience is better than sacrifice.

@Mamaroon you are a legend in this critical thinking based on the available material evidence.
You just displayed very analytical mind that respond based on available evidence. Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Homoluabi1: 12:46am On Jul 05, 2020
Good day house,
Please I want advise and ideas on what next to do and how to get PNP.
I’m currently in the pool and my current CRS is 470.
NOC is 1211.
I would really appreciate ideas on how to get PNP so as to further improve my chances of getting ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 05, 2020
GBSS:

@Mamaroon you are a legend in this critical thinking based on the available material evidence.
You just displayed very analytical mind that respond based on available evidence. Cheers!

I totally agree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Zeus04: 1:30am On Jul 05, 2020
Bazbaby:

I really didn't know there was an issue with managerial NOCs, if not I would have paid more attention to it. The work experience is after NYSC and i was hired as a graduate intern. Also my ref letter from the company stated that the job title is graduate intern. It is annoying but that is the only that has construction project management.

Unfortunately, i don't have copies of those documents. I am sure they are even proprietary, the company would not even give me a copy of it. My supervisor has written a letter to explain more of what we do. I am hoping for the best.

Thanks.

It is really sad to hear of this... For those of us awaiting the golden mail would understand how scary such a comment on one's profile can make one feel... Talk more of receiving such comment after 8 months!

It's well my brother/sister. Just keep the faith alive, pray on it and whoever is reading your comments can also say a short prayer for you that it turns out right in your favour.

It's well. We will all get to our desired destination.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Mrsc22: 1:32am On Jul 05, 2020
470 is a great score. All you need now is Patience. When normal draw starts you should get ITA in no time.

Homoluabi1:
Good day house,
NOC is 1211.
I would really appreciate ideas on how to get PNP so as to further improve my chances of getting ITA

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 05, 2020
NOC...these 2 links might help

=1">https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=314243&CVD=314244&CLV=0&MLV=4&grin=1
Click on display definitions

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/subjects/standard/noc/2016/introduction#a6.2
Click on skill type

I salute Newman0615 for helping people with NOC....Many of us (me included) can't try it....the responsibility is too great.

15 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Agbeni33: 3:09am On Jul 05, 2020
Mamaroon:
NOC...these 2 links might help

=1">https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=314243&CVD=314244&CLV=0&MLV=4&grin=1
Click on display description

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/subjects/standard/noc/2016/introduction#a6.2
Click on skill type

I salute Newman0615 for helping people with NOC....Many of us (me included) can't try it....the responsibility is too great.

Very helpful. Thank you for this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ShoeShineGuy: 6:47am On Jul 05, 2020
Bazbaby:

Have just seen in my notes that vo is not convinced an intern can perform the roles in my ref letter.. i picked 0711. It is just sad that after 8 months i see eligibility failed cos of this.

Mamaroon:

So sorry to hear this. Good that you ordered notes and noticed this before a decision was made. Was this 0711 NYSC experience?

You are right that we should always include any details that can provide clarity to VOs.

I may be wrong, but from what I have read it seems that NOCs that begin with 0 are considered managerial roles

Really sorry about this @Bazbaby. I pray you pull through this. The issue is the bolded. And @Mamaroon, you're not wrong a bit! NOC 0 is strictly managerial and for those who are vast in NOC coding, the question that will pop up in such minds when someone who is on NYSC is claiming one of those managerial NOCs is "how possible/feasible is that?". That someone who is meant to be supervised (during the service year that is) is the one now managing.
I think we all have to be careful with NOC selection. Internship or Service year doesn't seem to be the problem with these overzealous VOs but rather how we package the roles we claim to perform with respect us to us being interns or Corp members. A lot of people have used these experiences to claim points in the past and never had any issue.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meetme01: 7:21am On Jul 05, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ShoeShineGuy: 7:26am On Jul 05, 2020
Hang thou in there sir, ITA beckoneth in due season!..
But then, if you can't wait, there's nothing wrong with you applying to any province where your NOC is in demand and selecting ALL PROVINCE in your EE profile. In this journey, you chase all the rats at once. Please, search out Nairaland's PNP thread and read through for even greater ideas and detailed explanations.

A L L T H E B E S T

Homoluabi1:
Good day house,
NOC is 1211.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by blaqvoke: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2020
Hey good afternoon. I started the training already. Please send me a private message for more info.
Somd10s:
hi, did you find any relevant info on this? It’s a lot of money and it’s going to be taken in November. I need to know if it’s a waste of time or not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by drdams: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by drdams: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2020
You missed it at the point you mentioned EXECUTIVE TRAINEE ROLE. ETs are core staff and mostly take up roles in NOC B.

Have you seen any ET as Teller or customer service rep?

amaya21:
If her work experience isn't eligible, then it won't matter if her IELTS is perfect. The problem with her being the PA is that some of those entry level teller / executive trainee roles at the bank are classified as NOC type C, which is NOT eligible for Express Entry.

She should still take IELTS, but it is better if she takes it to add points to the application with you as the PA.

Also you don't need a background in education to use your teaching experience as eligible work experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by ankaravillageng: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2020
Please has anyone experienced this. I'm trying to use etx delivery for my transcript, but on trying to fill out the information on their site I keep getting a response of "request updation failed" I have tried over and over again, yet I get the same response.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Richdee1(m): 10:15am On Jul 05, 2020
meetme01:
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=314243&CVD=314247&CPV=4212&CST=01012016&CLV=4&MLV=4

NOC 4212

Social and Community Workers

NOC 4215 Social Workers

What is the difference?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by meetme01: 10:46am On Jul 05, 2020
Richdee1:

NOC 4215 Social Workers

What is the difference?

4215 is more stricter and solely for those with BSW as first degree. I don't have BSW but MSW (4212)which aligns with my job duties
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Amanee(f): 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Absolutely yes, ETs are in CT and CSU because those roles are mostly what you get in branches. Like I said earlier, ET is a title and not a job description.

drdams:
You missed it at the point you mentioned EXECUTIVE TRAINEE ROLE. ETs are core staff and mostly take up roles in NOC B.

Have you seen any ET as Teller or customer service rep?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by awo666(m): 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Awo666,

You don't need to do a Deed of Gift. The authenticated Sale Agreement documents and the description of the cash deposit in your BA as "cash transfer from Mr. Totori for Land purchase" should suffice. The name should correspond with that which is in the sales documents. Ultimately, use your LOE to explain briefly about the sales and lump sum deposit.

All the best
Thank you for the response, God bless you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by awo666(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
amaya21:
Show documents of ownership, documents of sale, proof of payment into your bank account, everything related to the sale etc. I don't think this needs a gift deed because the land is already in your name.

Okay, thank you to the response. God bless you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Toludebs: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
seyitangirl:

Same here o... cry cry

Na wa o. This Journey since February. Trying to call them but call keeps dropping
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
ankaravillageng:
Please has anyone experienced this. I'm trying to use etx delivery for my transcript, but on trying to fill out the information on their site I keep getting a response of "request updation failed" I have tried over and over again, yet I get the same response.

Its best u click on message and chat with their representative, probably during working hours when its likely they are online or drop message as it is in contact form
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Exmay02: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
2funkyy:
Hello All, please if the PA has done the ECA does the spouse need to do ECA too,also what is the estimated amount for Medical for a family of 3.Thanks

Go to page 1 of 626.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abuja2canada: 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
ankaravillageng:

Watch the video I posted earlier to do it properly...your not following the right step. Or check my ig for the step by step pictorial guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUxaeb2_Jzs.

4 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by yokus(f): 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2020
Good day and happy sunday.

Disclaimer- this is not legal advice

I don’t know who this would apply to but pls if you are a domestic abuser- male or female pls just don't bother to come.

If you come and you do the stupid act - you would be brought to book. It is quite pathetic to see how many Nigerian domestic violence issues are occurring amongst newly landed immigrants.

This is not Nigeria. Police will not just drop the charges because the victim said they should. It is a crime against the Crown and it is highly sensitive here- Intimate Partner Violence.

PR does not make you immune from deportation. It has Immigration consequences- criminal inadmissibility may strip you off your PR status and lead to deportation.

I'm sure we all know how tasking this process is. Is it worth landing only to get deported after?

Zero tolerance for violence and abuse from any gender.

Take care

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by 2funkyy(f): 5:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
Exmay02:

Go to page 1 of 626.

Thanks it really helped

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Lao4389: 6:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
Good day Seniors,
I'd like to make an enquiry (especially from finance professionals) on the best pathway to obtaining a CPA in Canada.
I currently hold an Acca Diploma in Accounting and Business (F1-F3). And 8 years banking experience in Nigeria.
Apart from continuing the ACCA papers and converting to CPA, are there other avenues to getting the CPA in Canada?
Also, are there schools where one can enroll towards the CPA or its self study just like ACCA.
Kindly advice. I'd love a mentor in this line
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Eniolakiite(f): 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
Exactly thanks for sharing. the moment you cross the Atlantic ocean, drop all those toxic and abusive behavior. There is law and order on this side as opposed to what happens in Nigeria. There is nothing like family begging and police letting it go. Drop it now, being abusive is not something anyone should have as a trait.

yokus:

I don’t know who this would apply to but pls if you are a domestic abuser- male or female pls just don't bother to come.

If you come and you do the stupid act - you would be brought to book. It is quite pathetic to see how many Nigerian domestic violence issues are occurring amongst newly landed immigrants.

This is not Nigeria. Police will not just drop the charges because the victim said they should. It is a crime against the Crown and it is highly sensitive here- Intimate Partner Violence.

PR does not make you immune from deportation. It has Immigration consequences- criminal inadmissibility may strip you off your PR status and lead to deportation.

I'm sure we all know how tasking this process is. Is it worth landing only to get deported after?

Take care

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2020
yokus:

Take care

Music to my ears

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.