Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies (53824 Views)

Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song / Danjuma: After We Arrested Aguiyi Ironsi, I Lost Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Kaetoh: 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:
No peace for the wicked as this lunatic truncated the democracy n regionalism that fuel the growth of Nigeria to become giant of Africa so must his entire lineage be truncated one by one.
you speak like your empty headed people. So only wicked people die? I guess mko and awolowo were all raptured alive like the blblical Elija. I pity you people, ordinary reasoning is rocket science to your region. No wonder poverty has finished you all.
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by folamsimper: 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:
No peace for the wicked as this lunatic truncated the democracy n regionalism that fuel the growth of Nigeria to become giant of Africa so must his entire lineage be truncated one by one.

Ah! You suppose get award for the kind of pain you've caused some people here today.

Your own na talk and gboju. But I must tell you that there is severe pain out there.

1 Like

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Zona123(m): 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
folamsimper:

Ah! You suppose get award for the kind of pain you've caused some people here today.

Your own na talk and gboju. But I must tell you that there is severe pain out there.

1 Like

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by excel101(m): 10:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:
This has become an issue, when a man doesn't read all he knows is hearsay. First for your information, Aguiyi Ironsi was never a part of 1966 coup, he was brought in then as the most senior Military man to be the head of state.
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Michael4632: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2019
See below
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by AbuAeesha: 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:
I don't think you are being fair on him,he was never among the coup plotters,the nation was turning into anarchy wen he took the leadership position (most senior military officer)
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Burgerlomo: 11:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
RIP
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by DonTattaglia: 11:30pm On Oct 14, 2019
Prompto:

A kid has been spotted. Kids on this platform are just too many for my liking..They know absolutely nothing about d history of their country. Immorality is all they use their indomie-soaked brains to learn.

2 Likes

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by ibietela2(m): 1:00am On Oct 15, 2019
Prompto:
As expected of every Igbo, who told you Buhari was ever involved in any coup ? Did you not read from your history book Babagida Danjuma orchestrated the coup n only handed power to him as the most senior officer just like you described for the bastard that truncated Nigeria democracy but out of bigotry you'd rather believe that of Aguiyi Ironsi but not that of Buhari.

I hail you bigots.
A shameless on at that.

Buhari took part in the Coup, Aguiyi was lucky and smart he was to be killed but after he escape used the opportunity to get invited to be the President/Head of state
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by BafanaBafana: 7:16am On Oct 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

Ironsi didn't staged any coup
What were u expecting??
Civilians to resist soldiers??
Civilians handed power over to him which was only natural as d highest ranking officer to quell d tension, only a matching force would have only been able to resist d coup, which was in d person of Ironsi
"Orizu had been using all excuses to deny the ministers their request to swear Dipcharima in. First he told the ministers that he would not be able to oblige their request because the absence of NCNC ministers implied their lack of consent. When eventually some NCNC ministers were produced, Orizu buried himself in a side room and was trying to call Azikiwe on a phone line that was not working. Ironsi then turned up in the sitting room with his menace-looking armed bodyguards. He requested to have a word with Orizu in his side room and for 40 minutes the ministers were patiently waiting for them. The presence of the soldiers terrified them. Was it not their colleagues that had wrecked lives and wreaked havoc on the nation? The fear of being next to be killed or abducted loomed large over them. Ironsi emerged and left without saying a word to the ministers. Afterwards the Senate President emerged to tell them he would not be able to oblige their request; there was a new development. Without going into details, he dismissed the ministers and said they should await further instructions. The ministers were shocked; it was fishy that for six hours, Orizu dragged his feet but the secret meeting with the GOC portended something very, very ominous.

Had the ministers who came to Orizu for the swearing-in request been from his party NCNC, had the candidate they presented been Ozumba Mbadiwe, Orizu would never foot-dragged or pretended to be calling Azikiwe on a phone that lacked dialling tone. Ironsi too would have looked the other way, gone back to his subordinate officers and inform them that according to their code of conduct, the military must aid civilian power not to take over it. Orizu who claimed he needed Azikiwe’s consent before considering swearing in Dipcharima would later publicly hand over the government to Ironsi without the need for Azikiwe’s consent. The Northern soldiers saw through all these phonies and they quietly fumed"

1 Like

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by autchies(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2019
tartar9:

See them,As if you nyanmiri's are not the Masters in this.We don't forget the way you wished buhari's son dead when he had an accident or how you wished Fulani herdmen keep killing middle beltans and Yoruba's; You wish BH keep devasting the North.All because of the "sins" you thought their fathers committed against you.

Yes the killing must continue, because a black man has a black heart.
I spit on you.
Evil generation, buhari and you , and me shall all taste death.
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Rubbiish(m): 7:34am On Oct 15, 2019
BafanaBafana:

"Orizu had been using all excuses to deny the ministers their request to swear Dipcharima in. First he told the ministers that he would not be able to oblige their request because the absence of NCNC ministers implied their lack of consent. When eventually some NCNC ministers were produced, Orizu buried himself in a side room and was trying to call Azikiwe on a phone line that was not working. Ironsi then turned up in the sitting room with his menace-looking armed bodyguards. He requested to have a word with Orizu in his side room and for 40 minutes the ministers were patiently waiting for them. The presence of the soldiers terrified them. Was it not their colleagues that had wrecked lives and wreaked havoc on the nation? The fear of being next to be killed or abducted loomed large over them. Ironsi emerged and left without saying a word to the ministers. Afterwards the Senate President emerged to tell them he would not be able to oblige their request; there was a new development. Without going into details, he dismissed the ministers and said they should await further instructions. The ministers were shocked; it was fishy that for six hours, Orizu dragged his feet but the secret meeting with the GOC portended something very, very ominous.

Had the ministers who came to Orizu for the swearing-in request been from his party NCNC, had the candidate they presented been Ozumba Mbadiwe, Orizu would never foot-dragged or pretended to be calling Azikiwe on a phone that lacked dialling tone. Ironsi too would have looked the other way, gone back to his subordinate officers and inform them that according to their code of conduct, the military must aid civilian power not to take over it. Orizu who claimed he needed Azikiwe’s consent before considering swearing in Dipcharima would later publicly hand over the government to Ironsi without the need for Azikiwe’s consent. The Northern soldiers saw through all these phonies and they quietly fumed"
U make me laugh
So u expect a civilian govt. to take over power in d heat of a coup?? A sheep can't quell a fight between two lions, a lion who is on d side of a sheep will still be required to normalize things before a sheep can take over. There is no code of conduct to it, it is just a common sense approach. If not for retaliation by northern soldiers, Ironsi would have handed power to civilian after sometime. It happened in 1976 after murtala's death, there was an agreement to hand over power to civilian after sometime & obj did that. Civilian govt. can't take over power in the heat of a coup, it is not done, a matching counter force will quell d coup & hand over power to civilian govt. That was what Ironsi was about doing before his death

1 Like

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Stellahappiness(f): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2019
May his gentle soul rest in peace, Amen
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by tartar9(m): 7:50am On Oct 15, 2019
autchies:

Yes the killing must continue, because a black man has a black heart.
I spit on you.
Evil generation, buhari and you , and me shall all taste death.
Talk about yourself only.The white man is still prospering despite the far more grievous sins of their fathers.In fact,that's like the primary reason they are where they are now.Stop deceiving yourself,there is no curse following you guys.You are useless because you are useless.
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by BafanaBafana: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

U make me laugh
So u expect a civilian govt. to take over power in d heat of a coup?? A sheep can't quell a fight between two lions, a lion who is on d side of a sheep will still be required to normalize things before a sheep can take over. There is no code of conduct to it, it is just a common sense approach. If not for retaliation by northern soldiers, Ironsi would have handed power to civilian after sometime. It happened in 1976 after murtala's death, there was an agreement to hand over power to civilian after sometime & obj did that. Civilian govt. can't take over power in the heat of a coup, it is not done, a matching counter force will quell d coup & hand over power to civilian govt. That was what Ironsi was about doing before his death
Dude, the situation had already been quelled, not by Ironsi but by Gowon. Ironsi pratically did nothing! Everything had been brought under control, Ironsi had no business taking power!

1 Like

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Smooyis(m): 8:13am On Oct 15, 2019
sweetonugbu:
The kind of hate my south west brothers spew here is terrible,eschewing hate and making this country work will be better for all of us,forget the crumb you guys are getting from the politicians and see the bigger picture.
. Our lazy youths all over the country especially from the south East and south West are all guilty of tribalism and hate. Stop making a case in isolation. That's tribalism on it's own. shocked shocked
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by sweetonugbu: 8:28am On Oct 15, 2019
Smooyis:
. Our lazy youths all over the country especially from the south East and south West are all guilty of tribalism and hate. Stop making a case in isolation. That's tribalism on it's own. shocked shocked
I'm not being tribalistic,the two tribes are guilty,but check today topic,if there is ten hate topics,7 will be written by Yoruba,s against the Igbos,by 9pm we will compare and contrast.
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Rubbiish(m): 9:07am On Oct 15, 2019
BafanaBafana:

Dude, the situation had already been quelled, not by Ironsi but by Gowon. Ironsi pratically did nothing! Everything had been brought under control, Ironsi had no business taking power!
Did i hear u say Gowon?? Lol
This is funny & blank!
You really need to consult your Nigeria history book. Why did u think Murtala never forgave Gowon and didn't hesitate to take power over from him in 1975?
Murtala & Danjuma was responsible for quelling the coup under Ironsi supervision, Gowon was still a junior officer. Power was only handed to Gowon to avoid chaos, since he was neither from the North, West or East. Not because he per took in the fight or was the highest ranking officer. The likes of Ojukwu never regarded Gowon for once because he was their junior. The only fight Gowon led was the Civil war. He didn't partake in any coup fight.

1 Like

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by EvenBlogger: 10:15am On Oct 15, 2019
So make i go wake am up , abeg stop all these Sermons , wetin him papa do for naija
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by fortunechy(m): 10:58am On Oct 15, 2019
Rip to the son of great man
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by calabardick(m): 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
Prompto:

A piece of advice

Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by shomutuski(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2019
Prompto:

Bro calm down!!! How do you know Dem never born you then. No one knows thw real CV teith
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by BafanaBafana: 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
Rubbiish:

Did i hear u say Gowon?? Lol
This is funny & blank!
You really need to consult your Nigeria history book. Why did u think Murtala never forgave Gowon and didn't hesitate to take power over from him in 1975?
Murtala & Danjuma was responsible for quelling the coup under Ironsi supervision, Gowon was still a junior officer. Power was only handed to Gowon to avoid chaos, since he was neither from the North, West or East. Not because he per took in the fight or was the highest ranking officer. The likes of Ojukwu never regarded Gowon for once because he was their junior. The only fight Gowon led was the Civil war. He didn't partake in any coup fight.
You really got a twisted account of things bros. First of all, Gowon is from the North (even if you guys don't like thinking so. North is north). Secondly, Gowon is senior to TY Danjuma and Murtala Mohd. Thirdly, Murtala Mohd and Danjuma led the counter coup and and not the first coup. Danjuma was even an admisnistrative officer. And after the counter coup, Gowon was allowed to lead because he was the highest ranking northern military officer. Ojukwu wanted Brig Ogundipe instead since he was the most senior officer in the country.
Several participants in those events wrote books to giver their account. I suggest you read some of them.
Now let me educate you a little.
Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon was the 2ic of the federal guards brigade in lagos. the federal guards was commanded by Brig. Abubakar Maimalari. Gowon had just taken up the position a day bfore thte coup as he returned from a training course in England. Now on the night of the coup, Gowon did not sleep in the hotel room assigned to him that was why he wasn't killed. Ironsi was informed about the coup and got to the office around 3am. Ironsi was an administrative officer and commanded no troops. He was supposed to call the Brig. Maimalari or Gowon since Maimalari could not be reached. He didn't call Gowon and was in his office for 2 whole hours taking tea and biscuit and going over maps. Gowon got to know about the coup from the noises he heard at about 5am and went to the army HQ. He was briefed and was angry as to why the coup plotters had been given so much time to operate unchecked. Ironsi told Gowon a response force will be ready in 2 hours but Gowon told the troops to get ready in 30 minutes. It was then that he led them personally to arrest the situation.
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by Rubbiish(m): 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
BafanaBafana:

You really got a twisted account of things bros. First of all, Gowon is from the North (even if you guys don't like thinking so. North is north). Secondly, Gowon is senior to TY Danjuma and Murtala Mohd. Thirdly, Murtala Mohd and Danjuma led the counter coup and and not the first coup. Danjuma was even an admisnistrative officer. And after the counter coup, Gowon was allowed to lead because he was the highest ranking northern military officer. Ojukwu wanted Brig Ogundipe instead since he was the most senior officer in the country.
Several participants in those events wrote books to giver their account. I suggest you read some of them.
Now let me educate you a little.
Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon was the 2ic of the federal guards brigade in lagos. the federal guards was commanded by Brig. Abubakar Maimalari. Gowon had just taken up the position a day bfore thte coup as he returned from a training course in England. Now on the night of the coup, Gowon did not sleep in the hotel room assigned to him that was why he wasn't killed. Ironsi was informed about the coup and got to the office around 3am. Ironsi was an administrative officer and commanded no troops. He was supposed to call the Brig. Maimalari or Gowon since Maimalari could not be reached. He didn't call Gowon and was in his office for 2 whole hours taking tea and biscuit and going over maps. Gowon got to know about the coup from the noises he heard at about 5am and went to the army HQ. He was briefed and was angry as to why the coup plotters had been given so much time to operate unchecked. Ironsi told Gowon a response force will be ready in 2 hours but Gowon told the troops to get ready in 30 minutes. It was then that he led them personally to arrest the situation.
The bold bespeaks u are just doing copy & paste
I said murtala & danjuma quelled the coup under Ironsi supervision, go read my post. All these u are pasting here are too much & not necessary. You will never get a good understanding of things if u are looking for info online to counter my point. Go to history department of any good university & read various books on Nigeria history, so u can compare. I did research on Nigeria history. There is nothing u can tell me.
Re: John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies by obstead200(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2020
Prompto:
As expected of every Igbo, who told you Buhari was ever involved in any coup ? Did you not read from your history book Babagida Danjuma orchestrated the coup n only handed power to him as the most senior officer just like you described for the bastard that truncated Nigeria democracy but out of bigotry you'd rather believe that of Aguiyi Ironsi but not that of Buhari.

I hail you bigots.
A shameless on at that.

Oga, even military records, prepared by the northerners, submit that JTU Aguiyi Ironsi was not part of the coup. I however admit that he survived the coup for same reason ZIK and Nwafor Orizu survived (because he was Igbo).
But the actual planning and execution of the coup had nothing to do with him.
I will also point out that his actions after the coup and his handling of the arrested coup plotters was what made him look complicit.

Go do Ur research before disgracing urself online

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Tells Americans To Stop Protesting Against Trump. Nigerians React / Yinka Ayefele's Building Demolition: Atiku Abubakar Reacts / Mr Ibu, Harry B Anyanwu Endorse Tinubu For 2023 Presidency (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.