Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders (32732 Views)

Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food / Niger Bans Cooking Gas Exports To Nigeria, Stop Gas Pipeline Project / ‘Nigeria Borders Will Remain Closed’ - Mohammed Sabo Nanono, Agric Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by RichDad1(m): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by arilewo(m): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nigerians should stop complaining. We can't be throwing the teeming youth population into unemployment because of the few businessmen. The Governors should take advantage of this scarcity to engage our youths in farming. Let us raise millionaires that are farmers, let us use homegrown food to solve unemployment, to banish poverty and be a food exporting nation. The Governors should group the Youths into cooperatives, tractors, land, seedlings and other farming materials should be made available to the cooperatives. The farm produce should be bought back by the government while its resale to the public.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by JunctionBox: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
You see Buhari and his nonsense decision and policies? I wonder what will be the situation of rice in the country this coming December
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Ladiesdoctor(m): 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ban everything that goes out from Nigeria to Niger and see how they will start starving like withered tomatoes

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Smartwave: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
Racoon:
cheesy Nigeria yansh will now be more exposed since we are still not self-suffucient in rice production as about 80% or more of our local consumption is from importation.Nigeria is simply back to the 1983-85 era.
I agreed, with lazy youths like you, only ranting online instead of find something doing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Orokojasper(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
Racoon:
cheesy Nigeria yansh will now be more exposed since we are still not self-suffucient in rice production as about 80% or more of our local consumption is from importation.Nigeria is simply back to the 1983-85 era.

Abeg,let it be exposed....at least by then we will be able to find workable solutions to our problems, instead of deceiving ourselves.I support the border closure 100%

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by drezzyx(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
GHEN GHEN WHAT NEXT BUHARI.
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by solmusdesigns: 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
we have other food, but then rice is being produced by people like coscharis that saw the oppurtunity to maximise profit rather tha wail

Racoon:

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Okeyworlu: 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ban medical tourism too for all govt officials....I will no u people are serious.
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by mercyviv(f): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
Good decision. Our farmers will be happy now. Gone are those days when farming is seen as a push over job, with the way its going, most folks doing white collar jobs will start investing in Agro very soon.grin
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Mcreloaded(m): 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
saymax:

Okrikaka go cost be that

You are right tailors will actually have a field day this Christmas.
Sura the tailor comes to mind.
Sura Sura Sura is there for you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
Fathers, mother, brothers, sisters and all the living creatures in Nigeria oya lets enter our farm land.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by xpool(m): 4:05pm On Oct 14, 2019
EggSauce:
Nigeria farmers are wicked and heartless and this border closure will go immediately buhari Regime is over... How can local rice be 17k for 50kg when rice all the away from Asia costs 7 to 8k for 50kg when there was no ban on rice importation...
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Mcreloaded(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
saymax:

Okrikaka go cost be that

You are right tailors will actually have a field day this Christmas.
Sura the tailor comes to mind.
Sura Sura Sura is there for you
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by AZeD1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
West Africa produces about 75% of the worlds cocoa supply but makes less than 5% of the money from cocoa.

Buhari is still stuck in the 70's.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Incandescent(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
EggSauce:
Nigeria farmers are wicked and heartless and this border closure will go immediately buhari Regime is over... How can local rice be 17k for 50kg when rice all the away from Asia costs 7 to 8k for 50kg when there was no ban on rice importation...

Economics my brother.
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Goahead(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
Let the race begin for the state with the highest production of rice in the country.
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by gulfer: 4:09pm On Oct 14, 2019
I hope the Niger Government also banned export of firearms and ammunition because that is their real export commodities (Niger/Mali etc). angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Kunsky007: 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
NGpatriot:
I support their decision 100%. Good for Nigeria and Nigerian farmers.

God bless u my broda

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by LocalNietzsche: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Ignorance is wickedness. Woe to the ignorant people and government officials that support this ban. I just have to buy rice at a much much higher price just because some of you want to eat local rice only. Something has to be unaffordable to me because of your preferences. Woe to the supporters of famine because the manna falls from heaven and not from their hands. Woe to all of you that block heaven is only you that will die in this hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Mcreloaded(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
royalamour:
grin Very smart move. If their rice finishes, their level of hunger will increase too.

Banning rice exportation from Niger to Nigeria is one of the conditions given by our Nigerian government before border will be reopened.

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
Racoon:
foreign rice will always be available.
rice is still getting smuggled into this country with the help of security agencies daily.

corruption is Nigeria biggest problem not importation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Onitola2: 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
Fideo:
we're watching and waiting, I never chop rice now for a month na spaghetti, beans, yam. let the Nigeria rice price come down
so am I oo, food plenty pass make I insist on the costly rice

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
Sijo01:
Nigerian farmers should up their games. God has picked their calls.
not when flood is sweeping everything away
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by tfelicityk(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
I hope there will be compromised concerning this treaties?
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Mcreloaded(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
Mcreloaded:
Niger Republic has banned the exportation of rice to Nigeria following the closure of Nigeria’s borders.

Since August 20, 2019, Nigeria has closed its borders in four geopolitical zones across the country, which include South-South, South-West, North-Central and North-West.

In his address during a joint press briefing in Abuja on Monday, the Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service, Hameed Ali, revealed that Niger Republic recently banned the export of rice to Nigeria as a result of the closure.

He said, “The government, through diplomatic channels will continue to engage our neighbours to agree to comply with ECOWAS Protocol on Transit.

“Goods that are on the prohibition list in Nigeria, such as rice, used clothing, poultry products and vegetable oil should not be exported to the country.

“As a result of this closure, Niger Republic has already circulated an order banning exportation of rice in any form to Nigeria.”

Hopefully Benin Republic is expected to do same as Nigerian farmers now smile to the bank with sales of local rice on the increase and beans with garri farmers smiling along with their tomatoes counterparts

https://punchng.com/breaking-niger-protests-border-closure-bans-rice-export-to-nigeria/amp/

Modified.

Banning rice exportation from Niger to Nigeria is one of the conditions given by our Nigerian government before border will be reopened. And nit necessarily a trade war per say as Nigeria holds the yam and the knife to dictate to Benin and Niger
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by Bizibi(m): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Buhari on overdrive.. if another IBB doesnt crop up to destroy what he is painfully building then in the long run Nigerians would thank him

buhari painfully building what

Do you guys even stay in Nigeria
Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by solmusdesigns: 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2019
Buy whatever staple is available to you, wheat , cassava , yam , beans or rice imported only through Nigerian seaport

LocalNietzsche:
Ignorance is wickedness. Woe to the ignorant people and government officials that support this ban. I just have to buy rice at a much much higher price just because some of you want to eat local rice only. Something has to be unaffordable to me because of your preferences. Woe to the supporters of famine because the manna falls from heaven and not from their hands. Woe to all of you that block heaven is only you that will die in this hell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by dpassion8(m): 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
nairaland has been so influential to d extend dat lacasera noticed a comment bout there decline wen it comes to market relevance.. and quickly they realised their eminent predicament and released an advert jingle...... nairaland 4 eva we die here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by newoffer: 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
Rice will be so cheap in Niger like pure water.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by solmusdesigns: 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2019
Buhari can open borders and make everything cheap.. people would hail him, and call him the boss, however more farmers would sink into poverty or turn kidnapers

Bizibi:
buhari painfully building what

Do you guys even stay in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders by 9jatriot(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2019
There is nothing wicked about farmers. The work is tedious and they are entitled to the market value of their effort. As rice farmers the risk they face with birds, they can loose everything to those birds. People cannot go and sit in the cities and expect farmers to slave for them, farmers also want to drive cars, ear a good income after all they take care of their medical bills, they have no pension for the future, they have to watch the weather and other factors staked against them.
Anybody not happy with what they charge should invest in a farm too.
EggSauce:

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

God Has Blessed My Family We Don't Need Nigeria's Wealth - Tinubu's Wife / Tinubu: Bishops At Shettima’s Unveiling Not Fake – MURIC Replies CAN / 2019 Potential Presidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.