Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal (18829 Views)

The Outcome Of Atiku's Appeal At The Supreme Court Is Predictable - Jafar Jafar / PDP Reps: Mary-odili, Ngwuta Must Be Appointed To Hear Atiku’s Appeal / Judges Who May Hear Atiku’s Appeal At S/court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by cyrilamx(m): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
The Nigerian Supreme Court has expressed displeasure over what it termed ‘Unwarranted attacks’ by the coalition of United Political Parties(CUPP) led by Ikenga Ugochinyere.
The court, in a statement signed by its spokesman, Festus Akande, attacked the CUPP for attempting to ‘blackmail’ the court in its handling of the appeal filed by PDP and its Candidate, Atiku Abubakar.
The statement read; “In the light of the blatant falsehood, misinformation and malicious rumour being generously peddled by the Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP) through its spokesman, Imo Ugochinyere, we wish to state clearly that the association is not and can never constitute itself into an agency of the Nigerian Judiciary or assume the role of an alternate Supreme Court of Nigeria.”
“We have been watching rather cautiously the drama of the absurd being exhibited on daily basis by this association which sadly debases our collective morality and sense of decency as people from a civilized and well-cultured society like Nigeria.”
“Sensitive issues like the presidential election appeal should not, in all honesty, be taken to the altar of frivolous drama and misguided oration that is displayed on the screen of our national television with reckless abandon by people who ought to be some sort of role model to the younger generation.”
“It will be recalled that even weeks before the presidential election appeal was filed at the Supreme Court, the CUPP had already, in its characteristic manner, constituted its own ‘panel’ for the Supreme Court and aggressively brandished the list on television and newspapers.”
“Shortly afterwards, when the appeal was eventually filed at the court, the coalition came out once again with another imaginary list of panel members and followed it with yet another malicious allegation against the Chief Justice of Nigeria of ‘handpicking’ them in contrast to the ’tradition’ of selecting the most senior justices of the court.”
“Let it be known that the Supreme Court is not an assemblage of individuals with no defined purpose, vision and modus operandi.”
“Our operations are strictly guided by the Constitution and extant laws. We are not an appendage of any individual or group of people, and we don’t pander to the dictates of anybody or association.
“The Supreme Court, and by extension, the Judiciary, is an independent arm of government that can never be intimidated or dictated to by anybody.”
“The CUPP’s action only amounts to naming a baby before it is born. We should be mindful of our utterances to avoid inflicting devastating harm on the nation.”
“This exhibition of unbridled utterances and prevarication will only endanger the progress and cohesiveness of our country. The Supreme Court has been entertaining presidential election appeals over the decades, but the unnecessary hysteria and superlative drama being woven around this particular one calls for caution and moderation.”
“The constitution of any panel to sit on a matter in the court is the sole prerogative of the Supreme Court and it is never an issue for the court to debate on the television or pages of newspapers. We are not a political party or social club and should never be dragged into any form of baseless pedestrian discussions that will drive valid reasoning aground. Enough of this orchestrated falsehood and campaign of calumny.”
“We are here to serve the interest of the generality of the Nigerian masses and not a select individuals or groups with inordinate ambition.”
“As soon as the presidential appeal panel is constituted, the public will be duly informed as Supreme Court is not a secret society. Let us always observe caution when disseminating information to the public.”

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-supreme-court-attacks-cupp-over-atikus-appeal-full-report/amp/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by athaboi(f): 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
Which of the supreme Court, the one headed by Sharia judge tanko For now we don't have supreme Court, we have cabals extention

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Orjioorji(f): 9:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
This Tanko has no shame i swear, the office you are occupying today was given to you by coup where you rape the judicial institution and disvirgin the NJC to be where you are today , Tanko you are a criminal.

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by dalongjnr: 10:27pm On Oct 14, 2019
The earlier,the better CUPP understand that the supreme court doesn't give a damn about any disgruntled group, the better for them.
The era for accepting only favorable judgement by the opposite is over.
The confused umbrella of political parties(CUPP) should stop casting aspersions on the highest court in the land.
In fact, why didn't CUPP complaint about the judgment of the zamfara governorship election by the supreme court?

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
Fact remains that there is nothing Supreme about this court led by Tanko

This court has no morals, it reverses precedence it has set in recent past with reckless abandon

They have even appointed a political spokesperson

I have never heard a political statement or response from the Supreme Court until this moment. Rather the court had the confidence of the people and through its pronouncements and landmark judgments was the moral force for Justice whether during Military Dictatorships or Civilian Dictators.

Tanko’s Supreme Court is an extension of Buhari’s Presidency.

Note this when Anarchy comes it will befall all man. As you continue to make it pointless to go to court, know that you simply invite the Wild West!

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by FarahAideed: 11:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
Tanko is fooling himself with his Usurper Court

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:
Tanko is fooling himself with his Usurper Court
Just try to be truthful sometimes bro. The fact that you are partisan shouldn't make you a hypocrite.

The supreme Court did justice to the APC rascality in Rivers State and made sure they never had candidates for the general elections, I never saw your criticisms (like you would have done if it was your party) because it massaged your political alignment.

This same supreme Court delivered judgement against the APC in Zamfara (which is right also) even after the general elections but I never saw your criticisms too because it favoured your party.

Why is it that any judgement against your party attracts insults against the judiciary?

With this kind of hypocritic mindset from most of you guys in this forum, I don't think Nigeria has a future in the nearest future.

85 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 15, 2019
Selective Justice is not Justice

Just because the court made a couple of right calls does not mean they can miscarry Justice elsewhere

That’s not how it should work! In fact sprinkling truthful judgements in Certain areas is part of the grand plot to deliver made up rulings that ultimately favours APC

Everyone knows so Tanko can keep fooling himself

Nigeria under Buhari is already a banana republic

kingkakaone:

Just try to be truthful sometimes bro. The fact that you are partisan shouldn't make you a hypocrite.

The supreme Court did justice to the APC rascality in Rivers State and made sure they never had candidates for the general elections, I never saw your criticisms (like you would have done if it was your party) because it massaged your political alignment.

This same supreme Court delivered judgement against the APC in Zamfara (which is right also) even after the general elections but I never saw your criticisms too because it favoured your party.

Why is it that any judgement against your party attracts insults against the judiciary?

With this kind of hypocritic mindset from most of you guys in this forum, I don't think Nigeria has a future in the nearest future.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Sirjamo: 12:22am On Oct 15, 2019
This miserable CUPP is an auxiliary wing of the useless and unfortunate Poverty Development Party, the supreme court should not have dignified it with a response, rather, it should be allowed to continue barking like a Rottweiler dog !!!!

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Stalwert: 12:23am On Oct 15, 2019
kingkakaone:

This quote has destroyed the many brainless shitepob comments on this thread. They have no country no loyalty just drunken reckless banter like CUPP of shame.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by FarahAideed: 12:26am On Oct 15, 2019
kingkakaone:

Those Judgements in Zamfara and rivers are what you call Ruse , they only did it in preparation for Buharis judgement

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Stalwert: 12:27am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
krendo:

Just because the court made a couple of right calls does not mean they can miscarry Justice elsewhere

That’s not how it should work! In fact sprinkling truthful judgements in Certain areas is part of the grand plot to deliver made up rulings that ultimately favours APC

[/s]

This one is irredeemable, When patience was ordering government officials upadan while stuffing her mouth with loot Nigeria was better than US, but now that her loot has been ceased maina has been arrested, dasuki has been caged, Alison is feigning cancer to dodge justice Nigeria is suddenly a banana republic because a criminal CJN was rightly prosecuted for false declaration of asset. Indeed the children of Israel begged to return to the land of their oppressors.

30 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Stalwert: 12:29am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:

Those Judgements in Zamfara and rivers are what you call Ruse , they only did it in preparation for Buharis judgement
[/s]

These bigots should be ignored, even when they shamelessly argue, it reflects a perverse morality that has no iota of integrity.

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Prompto: 2:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Orjioorji:
This Tanko has no shame i swear, the office you are occupying today was given to you by coup where you rape the judicial institution and disvirgin the NJC to be where you are today , Tanko you are a criminal.
and you have some of your foolish tribesmen liking this comment with all the financial allegations again Onoge ?!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Prompto: 2:39am On Oct 15, 2019
If your entire tribe wail till death it won't change or stop anything.

[s]
krendo:
Fact remains that there is nothing Supreme about this court led by Tanko

This court has no morals, it reverses precedence it has set in recent past with reckless abandon

They have even appointed a political spokesperson

I have never heard a political statement or response from the Supreme Court until this moment. Rather the court had the confidence of the people and through its pronouncements and landmark judgments was the moral force for Justice whether during Military Dictatorships or Civilian Dictators.

Tanko’s Supreme Court is an extension of Buhari’s Presidency.

Note this when Anarchy comes it will befall all man. As you continue to make it pointless to go to court, know that you simply invite the Wild West!
[/s]

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Prompto: 2:42am On Oct 15, 2019
So what exactly is the right call ?! The supreme court should declare your father the president of Nigeria ?!

krendo:

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Validated: 4:34am On Oct 15, 2019
The Supreme Court MUST follow the tradition of appointing ONLY senior justices to adjudicate on the Presidential Election appeal. Failure to that means there is an ulterior motive and miscarriage of justice. On that CUPP is absolutely right. Nothing can justify selective approach to this case. As it has been the tradition, let it be followed.
Again justices of Supreme Court have a moral duty to either write their names in the golden plaques or rubbish their hard earned career on the mud of the moment. Like the saying goes... a good name is better than riches.
To the esteemed justices of the Supreme Court, these sayings by William Shakespeare should resonate:
"Art thou afeard To be the same in thine own act and valour As thou art in desire?
Wouldst thou have that which thou esteem'st the ornament of life, And live a coward in thine own esteem,
Letting 'I dare not' wait upon 'I would,' Like the poor cat i' the adage?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by tomakint: 4:56am On Oct 15, 2019
This funny looking Tanko will soon be disgraced by all means available. You can tell he is a card carrying member of APC

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Difrent: 5:37am On Oct 15, 2019
athaboi:
Which of the supreme Court, the one headed by Sharia judge tanko For now we don't have supreme Court, we have cabals extention

The same Supreme Court that gave your party smooth ride by disqualifying Apc in rivers and Zamfara is no longer Supreme Court abi?
Just like you have been doing since you loss in 2015 , you think you can bully intimidate blackmail or threaten the rest of us because you lost an election, NO WAY
We are not moved by your hatred and blackmail. We are focused on moving Nigeria forward and won't be distracted from doing what your fathers couldn't do in 16 years

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Cajal(m): 5:47am On Oct 15, 2019
Most of them are fool
They are looters
They want to bring in their king looters by force
For God sake...there are have been several presidential appeal even in the days of OBJ..when they used to write elections result and yet supreme court upheld those selection they called elections
It shall not be well with looters of our treasury

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Cajal(m): 5:49am On Oct 15, 2019
kingkakaone:

...they are not sincere..only a fool will believe atiku won last election

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by roundman: 5:59am On Oct 15, 2019
kingkakaone:

Once it doesn't suit their narrative then something is not right,they are hypocrite's,just allow them continue to wail.it is good to cry sometimes to let out your pain's or frustration.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Commentor: 6:01am On Oct 15, 2019
Orjioorji:
[s]This Tanko has no shame i swear, the office you are occupying today was given to you by coup where you rape the judicial institution and disvirgin the NJC to be where you are today , Tanko you are a criminal.[/s]

Rubbish.

Save your sermon for Onnoghen the corrupt judge.
He begged for clemency after which he was never to be seen again.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by achikolo(f): 6:02am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Rubbish.

[/s]
Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Commentor: 6:03am On Oct 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

Perhaps they were wrong in those judgements, no?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by BafanaBafana: 6:17am On Oct 15, 2019
Problem in Nigeria is that a lot of our youths are not really intelligent. They are just street smart. You get things like this when you are raised by parents who only know how to buy and sell and make profits, when you spend most of your life growing up in a shop.
If you are above 25 and you make up your mind even before you hear the story, or you believe only what you want to believe no matter how false it is, you are not an intelligent person.
Only children believe fiction.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by wonuks(m): 6:18am On Oct 15, 2019
sad
Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 15, 2019
This people don add spanner for Atiku's wheels... Are you sure that Atiku is still coming? angry angry angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by Afamed: 6:22am On Oct 15, 2019
Orjioorji:
Except coup has another definition. Onnoghen era is gone. Deal with the fact not the fiction PDP/ Cupp dishes out to you

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by achikolo(f): 6:23am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Perhaps they were wrong in those judgements, no?
[/s]
Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by achikolo(f): 6:24am On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Rubbish.

[/s]
Re: Supreme Court Attacks CUPP Over Atiku’s Appeal by opalu: 6:24am On Oct 15, 2019
Hnnn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation / Wike: I Can Walk Around Rivers State Without Security Because I Have Performed / Rivers State Re-run Election: Police deploy 6,000 personnel, 3 commissioners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.