Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,873 members, 7,798,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency (466 Views)

Why Does Nigeria Currency Have An Arabic Symbol? / Does Nigeria Have An Oversupply Of Skilled Technician? / Universities In Nigeria Have Been Released Its Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency by royalair(m): 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2019
I've always been a fan of military most especially the Us and Royal Marines, now my question is this. The Israeli has an intelligence agency MOSSAD, the Americans CIA and the British MI6. Which Intelligence Agency does Nigeria have?
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency by NGRsenate: 11:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
DSS
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency by royalair(m): 12:26am On Oct 15, 2019
NGRsenate:
DSS
is the dss worldwide and what's the work of a dss official
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency by Generalwoodz(m): 1:54am On Oct 15, 2019
NIA

2 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency by Venerable612(m): 3:46am On Oct 15, 2019
royalair:
I've always been a fan of military most especially the Us and Royal Marines, now my question is this. The Israeli has an intelligence agency MOSSAD, the Americans CIA and the British MI6. Which Intelligence Agency does Nigeria have?

I think you made wrong comparisons.

The military and US Marines have their intelligence departments, separate from the CIA, although they may sometimes have an inter-agency operation.

Intelligence Agencies are executive in nature- plain cloths and more about combating internal Nd external terrorism threats.

And to your question, Yes, Nigeria does - National Intelligence Agency. If you ask me, it’s not as functional as the British MI6 or Israeli MOSSADS; for the same reasons that Nigeria is backward in a lot of things.

I know it’s wrong to sit behind doors talking about the Boko Haram insurgency while the real soldiers are on the battlefield - I think this war could have been won if our intelligence Agency was sophisticated.

E.g.
1. Undercover agents to infiltrate the ranks of the Boko guys. No better way to win a war than have your agents moving up the rank to find out their hidden schemes. It’s just like a Trojan horse, or a malware.

2. the info from the under covers, Aim for their leader (s). When you cut off the head, the body cannot think. They will become divided and a divided kingdom cannot stand. I am pretty sure their leaders don’t sit duck in the wilderness their entire lives.

Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:45am On Oct 15, 2019
royalair:
National intelligence agency

1 Like

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency by bmdmix: 8:51am On Oct 15, 2019
royalair:
Sars na branch of police naw
lol yh intelligence full there well well
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency by royalair(m): 9:40am On Oct 15, 2019
Venerable612:

I think you made wrong comparisons.

The military and US Marines have their intelligence departments, separate from the CIA, although they may sometimes have an inter-agency operation.

Intelligence Agencies are executive in nature- plain cloths and more about combating internal Nd external terrorism threats.

And to your question, Yes, Nigeria does - National Intelligence Agency. If you ask me, it’s not as functional as the British MI6 or Israeli MOSSADS; for the same reasons that Nigeria is backward in a lot of things.

I know it’s wrong to sit behind doors talking about the Boko Haram insurgency while the real soldiers are on the battlefield - I think this war could have been won if our intelligence Agency was sophisticated.

E.g.
1. Undercover agents to infiltrate the ranks of the Boko guys. No better way to win a war than have your agents moving up the rank to find out their hidden schemes. It’s just like a Trojan horse, or a malware.

2. the info from the under covers, Aim for their leader (s). When you cut off the head, the body cannot think. They will become divided and a divided kingdom cannot stand. I am pretty sure their leaders don’t sit duck in the wilderness their entire lives.

Just saying.
learnt something new it's very amazing to see nairaland finally has brainy people

(1) (Reply)

AAU Final Year Student Dies Two Weeks To Her Final Exam / Pay For Foreign Tuition At 340/$ Equivalent Instead Of 365/$ / Beautiful Quotes - Life Lessons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.