Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? (1068 Views)

Who Is An Entrepreneur? How Can She Survive In An Unfriendly Govt. Economy?? / Be An Entrepreneur With N6,600 / Differences Between An Entrepreneur And A Hustler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? by MADphilips(m): 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2010
Been observing the rising trend of young Nigerians now venturing into the field of entrepreneurship, what in your opinion would you say is the cause of this rising trend and from a personal perspective, if you are an entrepreneur why did you choose to become one?
Re: Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? by Thethy(m): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2010
That is the only way I can exist.

Re: Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? by femmy2010(m): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2010
Gud 2 b in Control.
Re: Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? by teeboyseve(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2010
I was advised at the age of 15 to try be an entrepreneur but i declined cos i wanted to work for others, But I was lucky to have found out in my twenties that I could actually earn more and own businesses by being an entrepreneur. So the point is i choose to be an entrepreneur so i can create employment for people.
Re: Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? by smilypie: 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2010
I became an entrepreneur because I am passionate about the business that I want to thrive in. Although right now I am taking it more of a passionate thing maybe in the long run I am more than likely to benefit from it. It is not even the money that attracted me to it, see those who become an entrepreneur only for the sole purpose of making a gain, but do not have a proper interest in what they want to pursue might not be the best idea. My dad owns a business, my mum owns her own business. I was just going to go to Uni and become an accountant when I graduate but that may not be the case anymore. I have always had the mind of an entrepreneur since I was a little girl, I use to think of great start-up idea's and I was easily able to identify untapped niches in markets that people have missed .
But I have never put it into practice until now. I am glad that I am starting up my business, it is alot of hard work as I am still in Uni right now and I also have a social life. Even with all them factors I am still starting up my company. .
Re: Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? by teeboyseve(m): 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2010
smilypie:

I became an entrepreneur because I am passionate about the business that I want to thrive in. Although I am studying finance and accounting, I do not see myself becoming an accountant in the near future. Although right now I am taking it more of a passionate thing maybe in the long run I am more than likely to benefit from it. It is not even the money that attracted me to it, see those who become an entrepreneur only for the sole purpose of making a gain, but do not have a proper interest in what they want to pursue might not be the best idea. My dad owns a business, my mum owns her own business. I was just going to go to Uni and become an accountant when I graduate but that may not be the case anymore. I have always had the mind of an entrepreneur since I was a little girl, I use to think of great start-up idea's and I was easily able to identify untapped niches in markets that people have missed .
But I have never put it into practice until now. I am glad that I am starting up my business, it is alot of hard work as I am still in Uni right now and I also have a social life. Even with all them factors I am still starting up my company. Many people say that the most difficult part is actually taking the first steps and setting it up, that the rest gets easier as you go along. I do not want to work under somebody for the rest of my life and have a 9 to 5 job! I want to be able to do my work when I want to do it not having to go somewhere in the morning and have someone always telling me what to do. So more or less going to become a CEO pretty soon smiley , not bad for a 19 year old girl! Most of the girls my age are thinking about guys and going clubbing while I'm at home thinking of my market strategy.

Goodluck with your business ideas.
Re: Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? by smilypie: 12:36am On Nov 21, 2010
teeboyseve:

Goodluck with your business ideas.

Thank you
Re: Why Did You Become An Entrepreneur? by consultmartins(m): 1:36pm On Nov 21, 2010
I'm sorry to say but this is the best question ever posted in the Nairaland business section. In answer to the question asked above, i'll say i'm ambitious, daring and tough. It's my ultimate goal to become a billionaire and the best way i can achieve that is to first become an entrepreneur.

(1) (Reply)

Gbpusd Trade Call By Meshpips / Get Office Space For N500. / Any Experience On How ACCESSBANK Operate Thier Accessfx Trading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.