Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong (1165 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Osanoghodua1: 5:09am On Oct 16, 2019
Hello guys,
I have been having a battle of cash recall from FirstBank to FCMB, for 3years plus, they have been dribbling me like Maradonna.

So on the 13th of June 2016, I to helped someone make a transfer of N57,500 "fifty-seven thousand five hundred naira only" from my FCMB bank account number 0748933016 to UBA account number: 2010015481, using FCMB mobile app. After some days, the UBA recipient complained of not receiving any credit alert, this forced me to FCMB, and was confirmed to me that the money actually landed in Firstbank. I was made to understand that such issue does happen and that it was a NIBSS error, this was possible because UBA and FirstBank use the same account number but with different account names (this is bad).

I immediately wrote a letter through FCMB for the said amount to be recalled from Firstbank to my FCMB account- 0748933016, they wrote me, they contacted Firstbank for a recall of the cash, but that the success of the recall is dependent on: Firstbank compliant and beneficiary consent.
After waiting for some time, I did another remainder ( I still have the original mail of 2016) followed by calls to FCMB, it appears FCMB was helpless. I went to Firstbank to see how to resolve it with their customer, when a call was put to their customer, the customer denied ever receiving cash, Firstbank did reveal that the said customer withdrew the money using ATM, funny it's a Salary account, and salary keeps coming through the account, they asked me to wait for my bank to handle the recall. Till date, nothing has been done about it despite several reminders and calls.

Currently, I don't have any money to hire a lawyer to help get a court order mandating Firstbank of Nigeria to place a lien on the N57,500 wrongly credited to its customer and automatically credit my FCMB account 0748933016
I have an option in my mind, I wanted to visit SERVICOM if they can help me with a court order to be served on Firstbank, don't know if they can help out.

Kindly advise me on what to do, truely I will appreciate if I can get back this money to pay for my house rent.

Thanks.

Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Jasen1(m): 5:16am On Oct 16, 2019
Go to henbelembe.

Human right radio
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Osanoghodua1: 5:19am On Oct 16, 2019
Jasen1:
Go to henbelembe.

Human right radio

Thanks, can you give me a link to it? don't really know about it, thanks.
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Mynewdawn15: 5:23am On Oct 16, 2019
Actually it's your bank that's supposed to make the recall and reverse the money back to your account as long as the beneficiary doesn't have value.

This is what I will advise, do a mail to FCMB customer care service, explain in details what happened, and how you have been waiting for 3 years now, then that you will charge them to court.

In the mail put in copy, their MD/CEO, Head of Internal Audit and CONTROL, Head of Human resources (someone is not doing his/her job), CBN CPC and CPC. I can assure you that in less than one week, your money will be reversed.

1 Like

Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by tayebest(m): 5:26am On Oct 16, 2019
Nigeria. banks and there cluelessness angry

#spit sad
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by backnbeta(f): 6:05am On Oct 16, 2019
Try EFCC...they should handle Yahoo banks too, not only Yahoo boys undecided

However, try Twitter, copy FCMB and First bank, send the emails as suggested earlier and try to put more pressure on FCMB, this shouldn't have been your battle in the first place! Best of luck...I hope the thieving customer is made to pay fast!
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Beblessedbaba: 6:11am On Oct 16, 2019
Mynewdawn15:
Actually it's your bank that's supposed to make the recall and reverse the money back to your account as long as the beneficiary doesn't have value.

This is what I will advise, do a mail to FCMB customer care service, explain in details what happened, and how you have been waiting for 3 years now, then that you will charge them to court.

In the mail put in copy, their MD/CEO, Head of Internal Audit and CONTROL, Head of Human resources (someone is not doing his/her job), CBN CPC and CPC. I can assure you that in less than one week, your money will be reversed.
This will do the trick it works as I have used It severely. Just make sure you copy CBN department of compliance and fraud, and operations unit
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by princeade86(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2019
Mynewdawn15:

bros, this fcmb, I think they are not good in customer care oo oo oo. I just want to start having business with them, I met their marketers inside one store in broad street, Lagos island, they girl marketed as if they are d best. I opened account with them. u won't believe it took them like 2 weeks before dey can send me account number. even I already forgot I opened fcmb account. they following week, I went to there branch at marina, same Lagos island, to upgrade my account. I went there with all my documents, utility bill, national ID card, voters card and even lasra, so that dey can chose the ID they want. the lady I met did it for me. u won't believe that after three weeks, I went to one of their branch at Tom Jones, island as well, to deposit and even collect master ATM card, but the lady that attended to me said I can't get card now because have not upgrade my account. I surprised and even told the girl that I did it for like 3 weeks now, but she said no upgrade was done to my account. I went back to where I did it, yesterday, and told them what happened. the lady said may be is from my branch that she will send them reminder. I let them know that I don't think I can be banking with u guys that since it can took u weeks to sent account number to me, taking u another a month to do upgrading, that means if my account have issue, it going to take months to rectify it.
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by princeade86(m): 6:28am On Oct 16, 2019
Beblessedbaba:
This will do the trick it works as I have used It severely. Just make sure you copy CBN department of compliance and fraud, and operations unit
they need to refund the money even with interest.
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 16, 2019
Do you care for the truth on this matter?

Fcmb(your bank) and First Bank are both helpless on this. Until the customer whose account was erroneously credited admits and gives consent, FBN cannot effect a reversal otherwise it can be sued by the said customer for unlawful debit. No bank wants that.
Going the legal route is the best option for you to recover your money as it is but with the amount involved, would you want to?
The only other option is to meet the person who got the money but the comma is FBN will not release his details to you.

1 Like

Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by daddytime(m): 6:53am On Oct 16, 2019
Lol
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by iyimide(m): 6:56am On Oct 16, 2019
All you need to do is try to make a transfer to said account number again in First bank now, u get the account name from there.. just look for a lawyer all these charge and bail lawyer and give 10k to petition the recipient stating their account number and full account name.. drop the petition in efcc office and claim fraud aided by their bank.. it's simple.. give it 2 weeks. Your money don come.. I have done this before...
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by daddytime(m): 7:03am On Oct 16, 2019
jidemoh:

Fcmb(your bank) and First Bank are both helpless on this. Until the customer whose account was erroneously credited admits and gives consent, FBN cannot effect a reversal otherwise it can be sued by the said customer for unlawful debit. No bank wants that.
Going the legal route is the best option for you to recover your money as it is but with the amount involved, would you want to?
The only other option is to meet the person who got the money but the comma is FBN will not release his details to you.

What sort of advice is this?

Even if it's a penny, it's his right and should be followed by all means legal to the end. Lil wonder service providers take people like you for a ride.

FCMB and FBN have the right to put a lien on the erroneous beneficiary account if they can highlight date, time, etc of such a transfer where the beneficiary is unable to ascertain the relationship with the op who initiated the transfer.

Simple logic.
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by shaqur231(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2019
Call them out on Twitter with evidence of the transactions. Tag both banks, CBN, I bet you they will address the issue because the whole world is aware and waiting to see how they will respond. Most issues i trash out is easily done through Twitter
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 16, 2019
daddytime:

What sort of advice is this?

Even if it's a penny, it's his right and should be followed by all means legal to the end. Lil wonder service providers take people like you for a ride.

FCMB and FBN have the right to put a lien on the erroneous beneficiary account if they can highlight date, time, etc of such a transfer where the beneficiary is unable to ascertain the relationship with the op who initiated the transfer.

Simple logic.

If it was that simple as you claim, then FBN would have done that ages ago! I guess you know nothing about Banker/Customer relationship and the responsibilities of a bank to its customer.
Looking at it critically, the onus of proof is on the sender that he didn’t mistakenly click on FBN as the beneficiary bank as against UBA.

And if you must know, no bank has the right to place lien on a customer’s account except on legal considerations which was a route I gave the op. But even the op had said he doesn’t have the money for that. So I don’t understand your excitement in thinking it’s simple logic for the bank to know what to do.

If you have ever worked in a bank, feel free to take the matter up for the op.
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Osanoghodua1: 7:51am On Oct 16, 2019
jidemoh:

Fcmb(your bank) and First Bank are both helpless on this. Until the customer whose account was erroneously credited admits and gives consent, FBN c.

Thanks, I know of this, in my narrative, I said the success of recall is dependent on FBN and customer's consent. I will have to go to servicom
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Shila16: 7:52am On Oct 16, 2019
princeade86:
bros, this fcmb, I think they are not good in customer care oo oo oo. I just want to start having business with them, I met their marketers inside one store in broad street, Lagos island, they girl marketed as if they are d best. I opened account with them. u won't believe it took them like 2 weeks before dey can send me account number. even I already forgot I opened fcmb account. they following week, I went to there branch at marina, same Lagos island, to upgrade my account. I went there with all my documents, utility bill, national ID card, voters card and even lasra, so that dey can chose the ID they want. the lady I met did it for me. u won't believe that after three weeks, I went to one of their branch at Tom Jones, island as well, to deposit and even collect master ATM card, but the lady that attended to me said I can't get card now because have not upgrade my account. I surprised and even told the girl that I did it for like 3 weeks now, but she said no upgrade was done to my account. I went back to where I did it, yesterday, and told them what happened. the lady said may be is from my branch that she will send them reminder. I let them know that I don't think I can be banking with u guys that since it can took u weeks to sent account number to me, taking u another a month to do upgrading, that means if my account have issue, it going to take months to rectify it.
Correct man wink
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Osanoghodua1: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2019
shaqur231:
Call them out on Twitter with evidence of the transactions. Tag both banks, CBN, r
Thanks, but this didn't work.
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by rex444(m): 8:11am On Oct 16, 2019
follow both of em up on twitter, Instagram any social media U can think of ....make sure you broadcast your complains so many people will see it regularly
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Osanoghodua1: 8:20am On Oct 16, 2019
rex444:
follow both of em up on twitter, Instagram any social media U can think of ....make sure you broadcast your complains so many people will see it regularly
This wouldn't work.
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by rex444(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2019
Osanoghodua1:
This wouldn't work.
have you tried ?
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Osanoghodua1: 9:05am On Oct 16, 2019
rex444:
have you tried ?
Yes
Re: Money Transferred To UBA Landed In Firstbank Account: Nibss Goes Wrong by Osanoghodua1: 11:55am On Oct 16, 2019
I wish this had made the front page for more contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Exceptional Yoruba Business Woman In Igboland / Why Did Lindaikeji Social Fail? / Kakawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.