Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,794 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August (6377 Views)

Buhari To Reps: I’ll Finance ₦7.4trn Budget Deficit With New Borrowings / Senate Passes Revised Fiscal Framework, Approves N16.4trn Budget For 2022 / Nigeria's Public Debt Rose To N22.4trn In 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by agwom(m): 5:55am On Oct 16, 2019
Nigeria’s contributory pension industry has accumulated assets worth over N9.4 trillion as at August 2019. This was disclosed by the Acting Director-General of the National Pension Commission (PenCom), Aisha Dahir-Umar, at the 7th Conference for directors of pension operators held In Abuja yesterday. The latest growth recorded in pension assets translates a growth of N700 billion in seven months from the N8.74 trillion recorded in January 2015 to N9.4 trillion as at August.

“The pension industry in Nigeria is leading the initiative for the attainment of one of our critical national imperative for socio-economic development, which is the formation of long term domestic capital. These pension assets are overwhelmingly invested in the national economy, with positive impact in all major sectors and a significant contribution to the GDP,” Dahir-Umar told the directors. The PenCom boss called the attention of the directors to the clamour for deployment of pension funds to support several new initiatives in both the public and private sectors. She said such clamours were inappropriately pursued by proponents as the Pension Reform Act 2014 only empowers PenCom to issue regulations on investment of pension funds and assets to guide the investment activities of the licensed operators.

“The law does not allow the regulator to approve any specific instrument for mandatory investment by operators. Regrettably, the Commission is increasingly being inundated with requests for clearance of several business proposals to enable Pension Fund Administrators finance the initiatives with pension fund,” she said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pension-assets-hit-n9-4trn-in-august-pencom-says.html

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by 2undeee(m): 6:00am On Oct 16, 2019
Maina
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by aolawale025: 6:03am On Oct 16, 2019
Great. Ideally that's idle funds that could be invested in a way to spur economic development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by athaboi(f): 6:06am On Oct 16, 2019
These are beautiful policies and programs initiated by His Excellency Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo, people that have ideas upstairs... up till today, I can't figure out why people are shouting BUHARI BUHARI up and down...he's no different from an average Nigeria politician, He has just sent a request for approval of 10billion naira for kogi state to repay them for federal govt projects they executed.. kogi state executed fed govt projects How, when, where? They want to rig/buy votes in kogi election. I pity those that will be killed that day

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by miteolu(m): 6:07am On Oct 16, 2019
70% fund is with government
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 16, 2019
If we have such huge amount, why then is our daddies not getting paid their pensions or am i missing something

4 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Dewze(m): 6:11am On Oct 16, 2019
If they have this much money, why are they still refusing to pay retired police officers their pension?

My mum retired since July last year and she has still not been paid, no insurance payment, no pension payment, nothing.

3 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 16, 2019
I'm concerned about what they'll do with the money

3 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by donpapa(m): 6:12am On Oct 16, 2019
shocked
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by RichDad1(m): 6:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Maina & co right now

3 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by SolarKing247: 6:14am On Oct 16, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:15am On Oct 16, 2019
That's a good one.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by FbcGrafix(m): 6:16am On Oct 16, 2019
Do you need a professional logo?... Dm me on whatsapp. Check my designs and my number in the link in my signature. You will be amazed
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by solmusdesigns: 6:16am On Oct 16, 2019
I hope they invest it to meaningful sector of the economy
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by naijadrivablog: 6:17am On Oct 16, 2019
Ate you paying Pensioners as at when due
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by RichDad1(m): 6:17am On Oct 16, 2019
Luciferlove:
If we have such huge amount, why then is our daddies not getting paid their pensions or am i missing something
Most of our daddies did not practice this type of pension. The solely rely on the government for their pension.
This one was introduced during OBJ regime and it’s called contributing pension scheme. Whereby both employees and employers pay 7.5% each into the Pension scheme account.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Mrpojj(m): 6:17am On Oct 16, 2019
agwom:
Nigeria’s contributory pension industry has accumulated assets worth over N9.4 trillion as at August 2019. This was disclosed by the Acting Director-General of the National Pension Commission (PenCom), Aisha Dahir-Umar, at the 7th Conference for directors of pension operators held In Abuja yesterday. The latest growth recorded in pension assets translates a growth of N700 billion in seven months from the N8.74 trillion recorded in January 2015 to N9.4 trillion as at August.

“The pension industry in Nigeria is leading the initiative for the attainment of one of our critical national imperative for socio-economic development, which is the formation of long term domestic capital. These pension assets are overwhelmingly invested in the national economy, with positive impact in all major sectors and a significant contribution to the GDP,” Dahir-Umar told the directors. The PenCom boss called the attention of the directors to the clamour for deployment of pension funds to support several new initiatives in both the public and private sectors. She said such clamours were inappropriately pursued by proponents as the Pension Reform Act 2014 only empowers PenCom to issue regulations on investment of pension funds and assets to guide the investment activities of the licensed operators.

“The law does not allow the regulator to approve any specific instrument for mandatory investment by operators. Regrettably, the Commission is increasingly being inundated with requests for clearance of several business proposals to enable Pension Fund Administrators finance the initiatives with pension fund,” she said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/pension-assets-hit-n9-4trn-in-august-pencom-says.html

On paper yes
In reality no

1 Like

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by koolbe(m): 6:21am On Oct 16, 2019
In 6 years of working for a gvt Agency, my salary has been debited for pension without d money paid into my pension account. Criminals everywhere

2 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Bakerdav: 6:22am On Oct 16, 2019
I don't think so because there are some pensioners with salary till date and some other benefits like 33%,shortfall
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by ednut1(m): 6:24am On Oct 16, 2019
Dewze:
If they have this much money, why are they still refusing to pay retired police officers their pension?

My mum retired since July last year and she has still not been paid, no insurance payment, no pension payment, nothing.
contributory pensions with private firms Its different from the govt based own. Stop displaying ignorance
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 16, 2019
more than 7trillion is with fg,lets stop celebrating oh
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by FarahAideed: 6:25am On Oct 16, 2019
Has Buhari paid back what he borrowed from the pension fund ? Has he?
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by ednut1(m): 6:26am On Oct 16, 2019
RichDad1:

Most of our daddies did not practice this type of pension. The solely rely on the government for their pension.
This one was introduced during OBJ regime and it’s called contributing pension scheme. Whereby both employees and employees pay 7.5% each into the Pension scheme account.
now 10% employer 8% employee

4 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by allthingsgood: 6:26am On Oct 16, 2019
aolawale025:
Great. Ideally that's idle funds that could be invested in a way to spur economic development

U are a joker. Idle funds indeed. That's people's savings for retirement. Abeg no invest anything we no wan hear story

2 Likes

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by daddytime(m): 6:27am On Oct 16, 2019
So so trillions yet, pensioners dey languish in penury.

Dem for kukuma allow pensioners dey draw their money alongside their salary every month while still active so as not to enrich cursed thieves like Maina.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Ningi2020(m): 6:28am On Oct 16, 2019
athaboi:
These are beautiful policies and programs initiated by His Excellency Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo, people that have ideas upstairs... up till today, I can't figure out why people are shouting BUHARI BUHARI up and down...he's no different from an average Nigeria politician, He has just sent a request for approval of 10billion naira for kogi state to repay them for federal govt projects they executed.. kogi state executed fed govt projects How, when, where? They want to rig/buy votes in kogi election. I pity those that will be killed that day
Why is this one ranting.. Spewing thrash up and down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 16, 2019
RichDad1:

This one was introduced during OBJ regime and it’s called contributing pension scheme. Whereby both employees and employees pay 7.5% each into the Pension scheme account.

Cool, thanks for the info bro
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by DaudaAbu(m): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2019
Luciferlove:

Dewze:

it is only those that contributed that will benefit from it. ít is a contributory pension. Most state worker that their state did not join the contributory pension scheme wíll continue to suffer to access their pension but once they can key into this system it becomes easier.
Re: PenCom: Pension Assets Hit N9.4trn In August by daddytime(m): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2019
koolbe:
In 6 years of working for a gvt Agency, my salary has been debited for pension without d money paid into my pension account. Criminals everywhere

And you are taking it laying down?

Don't you realize it is your future that is being eaten right before you?

You better find the closest FCPC or EFCC office to report to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Soldier ‘supplying Guns To Kidnappers’ In Abuja / Ebonyi In Pursuit Of Oil Status / Enugu Community Denies Reported Suicide Over Alleged Forceful Land Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.