Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills (15340 Views)

Pick Your Favourite Nigerian Rice Dish. (pictures) / Man Shows Off The Green Fried Rice A Lady Prepared For Xmas (Video) / Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by hisgrace090: 7:21am On Oct 16, 2019
This is Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by TGM2015: 7:22am On Oct 16, 2019
I wholly support this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by exquizit(f): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2019
Local rice isn't cheap please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by adioolayi(m): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2019
shakol91:
The 2 bags we bought in august were not different from foreign.. The caterer was amazed when she heard it's not foreign. I don't know where people dey see stone rice.
Don't mind them...they are liars. economy saboteurs.... No amount of propaganda can force the hand of government to open border for smugglers
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by nauto16: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2019
yes
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by frowland(m): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2019
helinues:
Nice suggestions.. FG should also try to regulate the price of the local rice..

Enough of everything foreign foods..

The day a brother told me that the way they preserved the normal Turkey we buy is not different from embalming dead bodies .. I fear

I can imagine.
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by hisgrace090: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2019
wristbangle:

There is no kudos until we are self sustainable. How can you close the border when we can't produce enough consumption metric tons for the populace?

His father may have a plot of land rice farm.
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Femich18(m): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2019
shakol91:
The 2 bags we bought in august were not different from foreign.. The caterer was amazed when she heard it's not foreign. I don't know where people dey see stone rice.
Lols. The matter tire me o. I have been consuming rice made by OLAM for close to 2yrs now and I no see stone. Maybe they are talking of LAKE RICE and the rest but not MAMA'S PRIDE

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by GOFRONT(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2019
Nigerians love Rice sha!!!
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by SalemCiti: 7:29am On Oct 16, 2019
Hush08181801636:
If I may ask, cant FG establish Rice Mlls?
FG kè? Government needs not be involved in every thing. Establishing Rice Mills should be purely private-driven. All government needs do is to provide enabling atmosphere and strictly regulate it to prevent exploitative entrepreneurs from business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by martowskin1(m): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2019
adioolayi:
I have experienced more than two perboiled made in Nigeria rice....one from Olam Rice, Mama something ....was the brand name....I've forgotten the second... They are good rice and not different from the usual imported rice

No body is talking about good nor bad here....

The issue is cost, how can a local rice be expensive than imported rice....

This things doesn't really make sense, leaders make policy that will ease the suffering of their people, Nigeria do the opposite.

If we are actually doing the right thing, local rice should be far cheaper that imported, this will in turn increase demand of it... There killing imported rice out of market.

But Nigeria no way, mehnnn .... Na them sabi, it pays nothing to live in Nigeria, anyone who have opportunity to leave shouldn't think twice ....

When food become expensive, then what are doing?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by martowskin1(m): 7:33am On Oct 16, 2019
exquizit:
Local rice isn't cheap please

My dear stop bordering ur self, majority of this people still feed from their parents, so what do u expect them to say....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Tomiwa69(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2019
I chop one yesterday
The stone wey dey there thick like Zuma rock
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by babyfaceafrica: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2019
martowskin1:

This things doesn't really make sense, leaders make policy that will ease the suffering of their people, Nigeria do the opposite.

If we are actually doing the right thing, local rice should be far cheaper that imported, this will in turn increase demand of it... There killing imported rice out of market.

But Nigeria no way, mehnnn .... Na them sabi, it pays nothing to live in Nigeria, anyone who have opportunity to leave shouldn't think twice ....

the fault is Nigerians!!!..we can exploit ourselves..any small opportunity we try to reap ourselves off..govt has issues,hut we are the greatest of the issues

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by SamOyovwi: 7:35am On Oct 16, 2019
Even those wey nor see stone go say them see stone
shakol91:
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by adioolayi(m): 7:35am On Oct 16, 2019
martowskin1:

The topic is actually about good rice mill for good, stone free rice production. Not the price. Read again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by kolaaderin: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2019
I don't know what people are talking about, I have been eating local rice since last month and there is nothing like stone in it. The rice is just like regular imported well polished in a very clean bag for 18k here in Lekki.

Those complaining are just enemies of progress, they just wanna wail. There may be unpolished one in market, request for a polished Nigerian brand and stop this ranting. We patriotic Nigerians are not going back to Thailand to feed 200m people. It's a shame on this country for too long.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by kolaaderin: 7:40am On Oct 16, 2019
Tomiwa69:
I chop one yesterday
The stone wey dey there thick like Zuma rock
I say it to you, you are a liar.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Kazeemabayomi33(m): 7:42am On Oct 16, 2019
Pls where did u buy it and how much was it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by garux: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2019
There re numerous rice mills that can process stone free clean local rice. I went to a mill last week and was shock on how clean the rice was and how they swap bags from local looking to foreign packaged label to ensure they sell their products. Since Nigerians dont want to eat cheap local rice, then they ve to repackage that local rice in foreign looking bags and sell very expensive to the same customers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Tomiwa69(m): 7:43am On Oct 16, 2019
kolaaderin:
Lol
Na true small jhoor

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by kunzzy4me(m): 7:53am On Oct 16, 2019
[Nigeria with bad mouth ...is it not the same rice out forefather eating back in their own day and nothing happen to them ...why cant we just appreciate our thing...quote author=shakol91 post=83177904]The 2 bags we bought in august were not different from foreign.. The caterer was amazed when she heard it's not foreign. I don't know where people dey see stone rice. [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by SalemCiti: 7:54am On Oct 16, 2019
For those complaining about price still more expensive, it should be understood that it will be so for now because foreign rice that had dominated our market before now is just being wiped out of market by government's deliberate efforts at border closure.

More attention is just being shifted to local rice and volume of production has not measured up to the population of consumers.

Once more and more cultivation is done, more Rice Mills established and heathy competition encouraged, it's a matter of time, price will automatically adjust to bearable level. It was like that at the inception of Mobile telecommunication in Nigeria. I remember when I made calls at N75 per minute!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Olasty(f): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2019
shakol91:

Nigeria rice wey me dey cook dey enjoy with my family I no know for where una dey see Zuma rock stone for Una own Una matter been tire person

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Obere4u: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2019
netpro:
With all the efforts of the present administration to encourage the cultivation, production and consumption of locally produced rice, one reoccurring complaints from Nigerians is the presence of stones in the rice.

Many people will even accept to pay more for a foreign rice over a cheaper local ones. Some dubious marketers have even gone to the extent or rebagging local rice as foreign.

I wish to call on the government Local, States and the Federal to invest in establishing state-of-the-art modern Rice Mills. Even private businesses can own one, especially in States with rice farming. Also existing Mills needs to be upgraded immediately.

I believe a well processed local Nigerian Rice will encourage patronage and consumption.

Proudly Nigerian.

When last did you eat bought locally produce rice? Because most of them now is stone free
Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Obere4u: 7:56am On Oct 16, 2019
kolaaderin:

A big fat one

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by excel101(m): 7:58am On Oct 16, 2019
I believe that no patriotic Nigerian should be sad that we are producing our own rice, the issue is, is our local production affordable and enough to go round. Just like we have Crude oil but we still import its refined products, even America today has one of the largest crude reserve in the world, but still import it. This decision by the government banning rice importation might worsen the hunger situation in the land. Please the government should be wise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Tenses: 7:59am On Oct 16, 2019
noobody:
Omo,the stones be like rock,
And dont cook the rice until its done,
The stuff wud mesh up,

I taya for the rice ooo

I wonder wish local rice still contain stone when the mini destoning machines cost just 400k.

Wetin dey for foreign rice sef wey Nigerians dey go head over hill. You eat preservative, rice wey don stay for shelf for a decade and you'll be boasting I eat foreign rice. Oga eat abakaliki rice and see the difference.

For your classic Abakaliki Rice contact Mikogo Foods at 08981905662.
Out rice is stone free, debris free and polished.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills by Dionysus22(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2019
My problem is that there's no much difference between the price of a locally produced bag of rice and a foreign one and you want the populace to still buy the local one,ah!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Palliatives: Rice Price Spikes As FG, States’ Suppliers Mop Up Markets / Effect Of Obesity On The Skeleton. / Please Where Can I Buy Apple Cider Vinegar In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.