Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo (52701 Views)

Reno Omokri Shades Slay Queens Using Late Maryam Babangida's Photos / Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo) / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by mysidechick(f): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2019
An old and rare photo of Maryam Babangida, wife of General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, with Princess of Wales, Diana, the mother of Prince William and Prince Harry of the British royal family has emerged.

The photo showed Maryam Babangida and Princess Diana together at an event. The two were seen walking together in one photo and talking to each other in another photo.

It was gathered that the event that the photos were taken from took place at Tafawa Balewa Square in Surulere area of Lagos state, on March 16, 1989.
Princess Diana was seen rocking a dress made by Alistair Blair while Babangida's wife was rocking an ankara outfit allegedly styled by Folorunsho Alakija, who is now the richest woman in Nigeria.

The beautiful moment was captured by Getty Image photographer Georges De Keerle.

https://thickmatch.com/rare-photos-maryam-babangida-princess-diana-tafawa-balewa-square/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by mysidechick(f): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2019

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:38am On Oct 16, 2019
Ok am very sure the op was not born at that

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 16, 2019
Dope

Do you wish to promote your business on social media? Contact me. check siggy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Skyfornia(m): 7:40am On Oct 16, 2019
Beautiful
Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Bruno3000(m): 7:47am On Oct 16, 2019
The whites and simplicity...

19 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 16, 2019
I remember that uniform lol. Better life for rural women. See the sitting position of princess diana. Women and their amazing sitting positions grin. I think it's inborn. To say na men, him leg go don dey pain am

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by daddytime(m): 7:50am On Oct 16, 2019
Beautiful Maryam.

The ground dey chop better meat sha...

At the end of the day..vanity upon vanity

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by mamajj17(f): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2019
Bruno3000:
The whites and simplicity...

My dear they hv the Best Mode of Dressing wink

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by mamajj17(f): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2019
fairfora:
I remember that uniform lol. Better life for rural women. See the sitting position of princess diana. Women and their amazing sitting positions grin. I think it's inborn. To say na men, him leg go don dey pain am

Men carry EGGS in between the legs now grin grin grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Racoon(m): 8:58am On Oct 16, 2019
Mayram Babangida-Nigeria's most glamorous 1st lady.This was the time her Better Life for Rural Dwellers pet project reigned like mad.

11 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Gosj01(m): 9:16am On Oct 16, 2019
Rare!

I sell cheap and super neat laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.
Details on signature.
Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2019
Who else knew that Miriam was actually forcefully taken after he killed her father
Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Bruno3000(m): 9:31am On Oct 16, 2019
mamajj17:

My dear they hv the Best Mode of Dressing wink
I'm telling you. They can easily and effortlessly combine class and simplicity. I want to be white in my next life.

11 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Ceegar01: 9:31am On Oct 16, 2019
See their dressing, that time was when our women has some sense of decency in their dressing

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 16, 2019
mamajj17:

Men carry EGGS in between the legs now grin grin grin
Hahaha

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by mamajj17(f): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2019
Bruno3000:
I'm telling you. They can easily and effortlessly combine class and simplicity. I want to be white in my next life.

I will certainly pray dear you dear cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by mamajj17(f): 10:49am On Oct 16, 2019
Bruno3000:

I will certainly pray for you dear and remind God when next you come bk cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by MrStan11(m): 11:02am On Oct 16, 2019
RIP to them.

2 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Firstorderwizard(m): 11:42am On Oct 16, 2019
op thanks for this picture, I showed it to my dog and it started solving calculus undecided

14 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by oyoirabor: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2019
Both are dead and buried. LIFE..!!!!Just nothing..... cry

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by YorubaNinja: 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
Babangida wife... stipid Bitc.h! angry
Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Andhominem: 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
Is is true Abiola shagged one of them

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by GeoAfrikana(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
adewumiopeyemi:
Ok am very sure the op was not born at that

And what has your age done for you.

And what is the significance of this statement in your life?

And what value does your statement add to this thread?

One strong sign of low self-esteem and poor achievers is that they always emphasize their age.

3 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by RenHub: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
I sincerely wish to hear the story of that Mrs Alakija. I imagined she always play her cards right.

Call for our 500w mobile power bank with 250AH inbuilt lithium ion battery for your TV, sound system, PCs and light for up to 12 hours uptime.
Check my siggy for contact info
Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by iamswizz(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
wow shocked
Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Businessman1986(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
Bruno3000:

Inferior minded chap . . . continue breathing

8 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
The best first lady Nigeria had.

She embraced all, shuned ethnic division

8 Likes

Re: Maryam Babangida And Princess Diana At The Tafawa Balewa Square (Throwback Photo by lac77: 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
FEMALE HOUSE HELP NEEDED IN LAGOS FOR IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT - NOTE THAT THIS IS A PRIVATE ADVERT. NO AGENCY PLEASE!)

Are you a trustworthy, reliable and honest individual based in Lagos or the south Western part of Nigeria?

Are you capable of taking care of Aged person

Are you good with cooking and implementing home management with little or no supervision?

- The position is a live-in one. The successful candidate would have a room to yourself
- Salary is fair
- Includes other benefits
- Aged male adult to be taken care of. No small children or over-bearing mother involved (so, babysitting involved)
- Location is around yaba, Lagos (close to UNILAG)
- NO Bsc/HND accepted. Maximum of OND required
- Work/training starts IMMEDIATELY once successful candidate selected
- Experience in similar position added advantage

Contact 0-9-0-6-8-6-2-1-8-7-3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Major Road In Aba After The Rain Today / How Nigeria's Kings Lost Their Power - BBC / Hilarious ! Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.