Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,468 members, 7,801,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith (7671 Views)

Border Closure Is To Punish Christians / IMF Says Border Closure Negatively Impacting Benin, Niger Republics / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 10:25am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Lets get things clear... Only land borders were closed, if you really want to access Nigerian market, then use our seaports and pay the right custom duty on you goods

Should Fulani Aliens continue flooding our territotries and killing us because we want to eat rice,

[/s]
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
post=83181476:

That is all that matters .
God bless you.
[/s]
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 10:28am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
post=83181402:
Only sane Nigerians know that......
[/s]
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

Lets get things clear... Only land borders were closed, if you really want to access Nigerian market, then use our seaports and pay the right custom duty on you goods

Should Fulani Aliens continue flooding our territotries and killing us because we want to eat rice,

[/s]
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
post=83181490:

Thumbs up
[/s]
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 10:35am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Local rice is an alternative available in the market, there are beans in the market and yam, and should you want to import rice so badly then use Apapa or Warri seaport and pay the right custom duties

[/s]
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Techsunny: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2019
Mumu when ur farmers can't get it enough to feed one state in Nigeria, u close borders, fools.
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by adedehinbo(m): 10:50am On Oct 16, 2019
One thing I have noticed abt the border closure is it has reduced the herdsmen attacks on farmers totally.
Now I am starting to believe that most of these killer herdsmen are from neighbouring countries to frustrate our farmers nd hereby promote the importing of agricultural products from those countries
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Nwaide01: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2019
The way some peeps who like Buhari that have never do business before comment on this issue beats my imagination, they are forgetting that many goods made in this country are also exported through this same border so what happens to their producers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
Not every one will work on the farm if you do closing a border will never solve the problem because before you close down your border you need to make an available options but must of you people believes it is only rice coming through the border lots and lots and remember that there are some citizens living close to the borders but now they are jobless and hopeless you might not understand the damage if this because you’ve never been to any of the borders but their should be a regulation to guide all these we are still a developing nation and we still depends on these it is better they regulate it that shutting it down as this is an Ecowas nation and their is a free flow of trade among the members the house needs to revisit this issues before it gets out of hands
telim:
This is my first time am supporting this government.
Rice farmers are cashing out big time. Alot of young nupe farmers are making huge cash...
The lazy once will be online 24*7 critizing these policy while the serious once will use this opportunity to cash out.
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
Not every one will work on the farm if you do closing a border will never solve the problem because before you close down your border you need to make an available options but must of you people believes it is only rice coming through the border lots and lots and remember that there are some citizens living close to the borders but now they are jobless and hopeless you might not understand the damage if this because you’ve never been to any of the borders but their should be a regulation to guide all these we are still a developing nation and we still depends on these it is better they regulate it that shutting it down as this is an Ecowas nation and their is a free flow of trade among the members the house needs to revisit this issues before it gets out of hands
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Babaken(m): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
Lilimax:
Border closure to me is a good initiative but what are the palliative measure in place
to curb the untold hardship this is bringing on the masses?
Take rice for instance, the local one is not easy t come by; prices has skyrocketed due to the border closure. embarassed
what of the local production that is been prevent from going out of the country by the same border closing wahala they are also causing hardship for the business owner's.
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Olujoe1(m): 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
What's this please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by heckymaicon(m): 6:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
Badonasty:

We true Nigerians are in support

you and who? speak for yourself and your fellow resident zombies on 30k per month defending the dullardinhò in aso rock.
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by ofwest47(m): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
Lazy idiots and wailers still preferred foreign low quality rice to Ofada high quality rice . Even recently the custom department seized a smuggled N4.8 million Naira made in China bottle water into the country in Anambra state.
So the entire Nigerian borders should remain closed until further notice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Babaken(m): 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nwaide01:
The way some peeps who like Buhari that have never do business before comment on this issue beats my imagination, they are forgetting that many goods made in this country are also exported through this same border so what happens to their producers.
my brother ask them many of them are just focusing of the import alone I for example i buy nigeria local made products supply in benin republic and togo. The one i bought before the closing of the border is still there.
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Babaken(m): 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
ofwest47:
Lazy idiots and wailers still preferred foreign low quality rice to Ofada high quality rice . Even recently the custom department seized a smuggled N4.8 million Naira made in China bottle water into the country in Anambra state.
So the entire Nigerian borders should remain closed until further notice.
If rice, turky, and oil coming from neighboring country is the problem what is the work of the custumes there that government are paying every month
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by docadams: 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
mrvitalis:
Banning foreign rice is like locking ur child at home and force him to listen to radio because he watches TV in your neighbors house hoping he would chose radio over TV instead to buy TV

One hectares of Nigerian rice farm yeilds 1 ton of rice paddy or 800kg to 900kg of rice averagly ...in Thailand its 10 tons ..or 9 tons of rice

Tackling the symptoms is nothing ...Jonathan government focused more on developing seeds that can increase our yield for rice and what ....they developed 6 tons variety ...where are they now

We have crop sciences in many university give them grants to develop seeds that can match what Thailand has

Can we close our border for 10 years ? Can we

Wailing of a typical smuggler. No matter how hard you tried to point them in the direction of legitimate/legal ways of doing business, na lie. Illegal business they must do.
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by mrvitalis(m): 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
docadams:

Wailing of a typical smuggler. No matter how hard you tried to point them in the direction of legitimate/legal ways of doing business, na lie. Illegal business they must do.

The funny thing is I'm a rice farmer lost over half a million in first investment because ...tried again with over 2 million ...so if u think I'm a smuggler u are high

Being Igbo I was never afraid of competition ,I I get it right I can sale rice at my store at 5k per 50kg and still make profit ...so Thailand won't be an option...but like the rest of Nigeria u run at the sight of competition...

For now stopped farming , development of seeds is more important ....

China had to open up to grow ,same with Ireland ,
USA has more oil than Saudi but still buys from them u know why? ....thats what set Igbo's apart figure that out and maybe ur life cab change
Re: Abdullahi Gobir Says Border Closure Is In Good Faith by Badonasty(m): 9:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
heckymaicon:

you and who? speak for yourself and your fellow resident zombies on 30k per month defending the dullardinhò in aso rock.

Swerve abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Tell Me This Is True (pics) / The $50,000 Bribe Saga: Did Jonathan Try To Bribe SNG? / Police Rescue 10 Kidnap Victims In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.