Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:19 PM

Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs (11872 Views)

Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate: Pro-buhari Protesters storm Unity Fountain, Abuja / ASP Marian Yusuf: Sowore Was Not Shot At Unity Fountain / FG Barricades Unity Fountain Abuja - Oby Ezekwesili Reacts, Threatens Lawsuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by PMBNG(m): 8:57am On Oct 16, 2019
The famous Unity Fountain in Abuja has been closed down for repairs and upgrade.

This was known in a statement by Anthony Ogunleye, the Chief Press Secretary to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Mohammad Bello.

The statement released on Tuesday said the closure of the edifice is temporary as it will be reopened to the public on completion of the upgrade.

The premises is usually being used by Nigerians for anti-government protests.

“The FCT Administration has viewed with concern the state of several parks and gardens including the Unity Fountain along Shehu Shagari Way, Maitama,” the statement read.

“It is against this background and the symbolic nature of the unity fountain as a location symbolizing the oneness of the Nigerian people, that the FCT Administration has deemed it expedient to upgrade this facility.

“As a result, the unity fountain will be closed for this upgrade for between 60-90 days to allow for construction work which will include the provision of a car park, landscaping, and perimeter fencing,” it added.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/unity-fountain-closed-down-for-repairs/
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by luvinhubby(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2019
The annoying part of this government is that they don't know when to stop lying.

Buhari is no more pretending that he is not a tyrant, he is proudly flaunting it before Nigerians, doesn't obey court orders, arrests dissident voices and now he has erected a barbed wire fence around Unity fountain to stop opposing voices like BBOG from staging protests there and one small stupid aide is insulting Nigerians intelligence that barbed wire fence is a 'temporary' restriction for renovation.

We are not stupid

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by ForeThinker: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Long overdue

5 Likes

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by Officialgarri: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2019
No one noticed it while it was functioning sef. Just open it for Christmas so we can take pictures there
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by Slawormir: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Okay

1 Like

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by SpatialKing(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2019
Long overdue

1 Like

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by IME1: 9:13am On Oct 16, 2019
It's been in the news for a while now.

That's the place of convergence for BBOG and other rallies, every state has a rallying point.
Can we name the ones we know? Guess Lagos is MKO Gardens, Oyo is..., Edo is ring road, Delta is ...
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by naijadrivablog: 9:15am On Oct 16, 2019
When a certain politician wanted to use a stadium for political rally in a certain State, a sitting Governor said the Stadium is closed for "repairs".

2 Likes

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:16am On Oct 16, 2019
It is against this background and the symbolic nature of the unity fountain as a location symbolizing the oneness of the Nigerian people, that the FCT Administration has deemed it expedient to upgrade this facility.

“As a result, the unity fountain will be closed for this upgrade for between 60-90 days to allow for construction work which will include the provision of a car park, landscaping, and perimeter fencing,” it added.
This is a welcome development.
We will be waiting to go back to this beautiful place, which will be coming back more beautiful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by Femeto: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2019
Why would they fence that place?
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by sylve11: 9:22am On Oct 16, 2019
IME1:
It's been in the news for a while now.

That's the place of convergence for BBOG and other rallies, every state has a rallying point.
Can we name the ones we know? Guess Lagos is MKO Gardens, Oyo is..., Edo is ring road, Delta is ...

delta na potholes... grin cool
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by enemyofprogress: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2019
Just to prevent Nigerians from protesting against Buhari marrying a second wife. We go use Abuja stadium for the protest.

2 Likes

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by Thisis2raw(m): 9:25am On Oct 16, 2019
Don't have much to say than "it is finished"

A place where the people can air their voices has been stylish taken from them.
And you think there is still hope

1 Like

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by XklusivGistBlog(m): 9:27am On Oct 16, 2019
post=83181546:

We will be waiting to go back to this beautiful place, which will be coming back more beautiful.

Sorry Bro. No hate, just that I don't know you but people post this pics about you. Now I can't eat sharwarma,because I feel it's you and they all sell dead meat. embarassed
No hating at all bro.

7 Likes

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by Thisis2raw(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2019
luvinhubby:
The annoying part of this government is that they don't know when to stop lying.

Buhari is no more pretending that he is not a tyrant, he is proudly flaunting it before Nigerians, doesn't obey court orders, arrests dissident voices and now he has erected a barbed wire fence around Unity fountain to stop opposing voices like BBOG from staging protests there and one small stupid aide is insulting Nigerians intelligence that barbed wire fence is a 'temporary' restriction for renovation.

We are not stupid
when a govt doesn't care about the feeling of the masses, then itz finished

1 Like

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by Thisis2raw(m): 9:32am On Oct 16, 2019
post=83181546:

at your age?
Kai it is over for you.
So brain can tell you the game this govt is playing?

4 Likes

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by SEGLIZ: 9:36am On Oct 16, 2019
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by bikefab(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2019
It wouldn't stop the protests...

1 Like

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by AmazingELixir: 9:50am On Oct 16, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hmm!...amidst looming workers strike action
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by renewable1(m): 10:02am On Oct 16, 2019
Ok

minimum 8hours electricity daily is possible with our 1kva solar system. Check my signature now
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by AgnesIkpunnu2(f): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
post=83181546:

[/s]
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by Sirnuel: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
post=83181546:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by globalresource: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2019
post=83181546:

Are you a robot or your intelligence faculty is ineffective

Paid agent of darkness undecided

Spit****

2 Likes

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by OCHOdee(f): 10:22am On Oct 16, 2019
Na lie! Just because ordinary Ahmed of Human Rights radio wants to use the place for a town hall meeting, they suddenly want to renovate angry angry angry
#naijawhichway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by DennisEche(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
post=83181546:

[/s]
trash as usual, i wish i can stop seeing your name on nairaland , it disgust me
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by TEYA: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2019
That location was supposed to be the rallying point for a protest against corruption in one government agency like that. That protest would've have taken place either today or tomorrow. Coincidentally, it has been shut down for repair? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by Kaychiz: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2019
I'm sorry to digress. But what's with people cancelling every post of one ?
What offence did he commit, I don't get it. What's actually wrong?

Someone Pls enlighten me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by sapientia(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2019
post=83181546:

Zone B
Re: Unity Fountain Closed Down For Repairs by sapientia(m): 11:07am On Oct 16, 2019
Kaychiz:
I'm sorry to digress. But what's with people cancelling every post of one ?
What offence did he commit, I don't get it. What's actually wrong?

Someone Pls enlighten me.

It don't know when to shut its trap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thugs Attack Venue Of Zamfara PDP Congress / Electoral Act: Reps To Override Buhari’s Veto On Statutory Delegates / APC To Review Zoning Arrangement In NASS Tussle, Compensate North Central

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.