Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Peter Obi Blasts The 2020 Budget Presented By The Buhari-led Executives - Reason - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Peter Obi Blasts The 2020 Budget Presented By The Buhari-led Executives - Reason (645 Views)

The 2020 Global Crash And How I Made 85%, 53% And 31% On "STOCKS" Investments. / The 2020 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme Is Now Open – / President Muhammadu Buhari-led Administration Releases N9 Billion To Fha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Blasts The 2020 Budget Presented By The Buhari-led Executives - Reason by MckenzieSkyBlog: 9:18am On Oct 16, 2019
The Vice Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party in the 2019 elections, Peter Obi has come out to criticize the 2020 Budget presented by the Buhari-led executive to the National Assembly, says it is 'low and empty'.

Peter Obi said this during an interview with Arise News morning show, where he explained that the proposed budget won’t enhance production and growth of the micro, small and medium scale industries.

“We have not looked at the quantum of the budget compared to the size of the country. I have made a study of the budget of about 24 countries and I have followed it religiously and I can give you an example of what is happening.

Let us use examples of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, Indonesia, China and South Africa) nations and the MINT economies (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, and Turkey.) Of all these countries, there is none whose budget is less than 15 percent of its GDP except Nigeria. Brazil has a population of 210 million people, with a GDP of three billion, their budget is 803 trillion dollars.

Nigeria has a population of 200 million people and a GDP of $400 billion and the budget for 2018 was $22 billion. If you look at all these countries and share their budget with their population, you will see that Nigeria is the...SEE MORE

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Blasts The 2020 Budget Presented By The Buhari-led Executives - Reason by Shelumiel: 9:51am On Oct 16, 2019
True talk jare . Nice one sir

(1) (Reply)

Investment / Forex Trading / More People Are Getting Rich With Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.