Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,563 members, 7,801,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Is This True About First Class Students? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This True About First Class Students? (3120 Views)

First Class Students Of Ignatius Ajuru Uni Write Test To Prove Their Grades / What Do First Class Students Do That Others Dont? / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About First Class Students? by Stargurl20(f): 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2019
Is it true that most of the first class students or graduates are good crammers?

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by sunnychibs(m): 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
Yes
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by Stargurl20(f): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
sunnychibs:
Yes
What about lecturers that needs one to go Xtra mile... Give them than you've been tot
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by sunnychibs(m): 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
Stargurl20:

What about lecturers that needs one to go Xtra mile... Give them than you've been tot
To be a first class student in Nigeria,you must know how to cram.
That doesn't mean you won't go extra mile.

4 Likes

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by Roysnickz: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2019
sunnychibs:
To be a first class student in Nigeria,you must know how to cram.
That doesn't mean you won't go extra mile.
Says who?
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by Roysnickz: 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
Stargurl20:
Is it true that most of the first class students or graduates are good crammers?
Not true, or better still, not always true. As a matter of fact, some courses are such that you have to understand the principle/concept. You just can't cram
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by dandaddy(m): 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2019
Stargurl20:
Not always true ...you may not have to cram to earn ur first law. Trust me!!
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by djoe21(m): 5:47pm On Oct 16, 2019
Please what is the point of this topic? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by 9jaBloke: 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ask Rancho

1 Like

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by chrispapi11(m): 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hahahaha.
3 idiots.. chai u no get sense I swear. Lmao

9jaBloke:
Ask Rancho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by solmusdesigns: 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
Not always true, you cant cram computer programing

1 Like

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by franchasng: 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2019
Stargurl20:
YES to some, especially those in the art and social science departments....but still not all are crammers, especially those in core engineering courses.....you cannot cram Laplace laplace transform, neither can you cram advanced calculus nor engine drawing nor thermodynamics, talk more of machine fabrication wink

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by pocohantas(f): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
franchasng:
YES to some, especially those in the art and social science departments....but still not all are crammers, especially those in core engineering courses.....you cannot cram Laplace laplace transform, neither can you cram advanced calculus nor engine drawing nor thermodynamics, talk more of machine fabrication wink

You and this your Engineering/Calculus, na you first study am for your village?

11 Likes

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by franchasng: 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2019
pocohantas:

You and this your Engineering and Calculus, na you first study am for your village?
shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by izzou(m): 7:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
pocohantas:

You and this your Engineering and Calculus, na you first study am for your village?

Weyrey

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by Yorubamuslim22: 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
[/s]
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
You cannot get a first class if you do not understand the material you are being taught. Cramming is not about understanding.

pocohantas:

I wonder ooo.
I am trying to remember which of my classmates had these bizarre ego problems

1 Like

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by HzRF(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
franchasng:

If the lecturer is the type that repeat questions

Forget they will cram and pour and pass
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
pocohantas:

You and this your Engineering/Calculus, na you first study am for your village?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I weak. I just tire for the guy. I went through the thread you created. I just dey laugh. The guy just pride on emptiness.

The question is
How much of those topics does still he know??

If you graduate as a Mathematics student even M.Sc you just start. You never near. Same for engineering.

Shey the obsolete engineering wey we dey study for Nigeria so? cheesy

Nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by geezynoni: 9:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
Stargurl20:

That's where brilliance comes in

1 Like

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by softy(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
Stargurl20:

Yes and No.

Some do, while most do not.

To some, whenever they cramthey forget it easily at the point of need.

While some are ' LA cram LA pour'.

Some are supernaturally gifted with transcendental IQ
.some have supersonic cum photogenic memory.

In all these factors, there is a trigger point.
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2019
They are also bad fvckers
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by TheMainMan: 10:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
HRHQueenPhil:
They are also bad fvckers
smh undecided
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by DonroxyII: 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
My own submission is that Most folks that excel more in class during my own time are crammers ..... Crammers rule !!

If u no sabi cram in Unilorin (Better By Far) you can't excel (Speaking from grounded experience)... I prefer "can't " not "may not" !! ....

This is why you see some intelligent student failing because they ain't smart while smart ones excel ...... A grounded student usually tend to maintain balance between intelligence and smartnesss !!

I understand this lately as an undergraduate and I paid with my GP grin !!!

Now, I read to understand the principles and philosophy behind a concept abi anything .....

After that .... I cram to the exam hall .... pour am down and walk away !! .... Come see Mark YafunYafun since I don reason this level !!

::::;;;;;;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;:::::::::::::::::

Na person wey write wetin lecturer want na ihm pass , no be d person wey kno am but wey no write am !!
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by Majlaw(m): 12:07am On Oct 17, 2019
9jaBloke:
Ask Rancho
Not Rancho, its Silencer
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by keryj(f): 6:52am On Oct 17, 2019
Unfortunately, Nigerian system is based on cramming. If u say u dont cram, how were u able to recite state and capital without knowing how to spell them, is spelling it not suppose to be part of the concept of knowing the names of those states.

As a Nigerian studying in Nigeria, u need to cram to pass, add a little more explanation and try using synonyms. But if you know what is good for you, read understand first. Going to school does not end in the school.q

Am not saying cramming is good, if it will get u good marks and land you in safe CGPA, why shouldn't you do it. I use to have a lecturer who does not give hand outs because of cramming, he will tell us to takes note as he is lecturing.

Don't condemn crammers abeg, it might just be the only way for them to pass cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by bot101(m): 7:19am On Oct 17, 2019
franchasng:

Lol, laplace?? Cram the formulas and the steps, dazall!! Same applies for all numerical methods.
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by modextus(m): 9:06am On Oct 17, 2019
Here's the thing. Most assholes during my undergraduate class always thought people with better grades were crammers. But that's not true. Not every lecturer likes crammers and not every course can be passed by cramming. To me, cramming is a study skill that can be applied together with understanding and philosophising. To be on a safer side know when to cram, the kind of courses that requires cramming and the lecturers that likes or does not like cramming.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by bot101(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2019
modextus:
Here's the thing. Most assholes during my undergraduate class always thought people with better grades were crammers. But that's not true. Not every lecturer likes crammers and not every course can be passed by cramming. To me, cramming is a study skill that can be applied together with understanding and philosophising. To be on a safer side know when to cram, the kind of courses that requires cramming and the lecturers that likes or does not like cramming.

Most lecturers prefer to see what they are familiar with, even if you get a better result than with a formula they are accustomed to! I have first hand experience of this.
Re: Is This True About First Class Students? by InansBobo(m): 10:44am On Oct 17, 2019
solmusdesigns:
you can cram the codes for past questions and they have very high chances of being repeated cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leeds Beckett University 2022 Students / Ui Direct Entry Requirement / University Of Uyo Post Ume Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.