Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Christiano Ronaldo Has More Goal Ratio Than Lionel Messi. FACTS - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christiano Ronaldo Has More Goal Ratio Than Lionel Messi. FACTS (514 Views)

Victor Osimhen Notches 100th Career Goal Faster Than Lionel Messi And Ronaldo / Lionel Messi Has More Goal Contributions Than Erling Haaland This Season / Pele Has Won More Ballon D’or Awards Than Lionel Messi Or Cristiano Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christiano Ronaldo Has More Goal Ratio Than Lionel Messi. FACTS by Iretii0511(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2019
I have watched endless argument about who is better between these two greatest ever players of all time. Both unique in their style of plays and different in the kinds of players they have so far played with.

I have seen many Messi fanatics claimed Ronaldo is only good at scoring goals. However, I want to put a bit of clarity on some of the points they jump at when making their argument.

Before I do that, I want to make this point clear, Messi has always had stars around him, great midfielders who can do wonders with the ball. Whereas, Ronaldo started in a team that lack the kind of creativity Barca has. Also, Ronaldo's time at Man U, although a big club (still not at the level of Barcelona) won't be consider here because the two league played different kinds of football and scoring in Spain is easier than in England. So I will pick their time together in Spain.

Ronaldo joined Real Madrid in 2009 and left in 2018. Below is the picture of their stats within the period in review.

Gold is Messi and Blue is Ronaldo

Comparing them based on goals.
=> Messi scored a total of 476 goals in 472 appearances giving him 0.99 goals per match.

=> Ronaldo scored a total of 450 goals in 432 appearances giving him 1.04 goals per match.

This makes Messi second only to Ronaldo in the history of Spanish club football.

Comparing them on the bases of assist provided.

=> Messi had 176 assist in 476 appearances giving him 0.37 assist per match.

=> Ronaldo had 112 assist from 438 matches giving him 0.27 assist per match.

This makes Ronaldo second only to Messi in the history of Spanish club footbal.

I don't want to compare them based on country performances which Ronaldo clearly lead on Champions league performance which Ronaldo also lead.

You can have your say below.

1 Like

Re: Christiano Ronaldo Has More Goal Ratio Than Lionel Messi. FACTS by daddytime(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ha..
Re: Christiano Ronaldo Has More Goal Ratio Than Lionel Messi. FACTS by daddytime(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
Iretii0511:
I have watched endless argument about who is better between these two greatest ever players of all time. Both unique in their style of plays and different in the kinds of players they have so far played with.

I have seen many Messi fanatics claimed Ronaldo is only good at scoring goals. However, I want to put a bit of clarity on some of the points they jump at when making their argument.

Before I do that, I want to make this point clear, Messi has always had stars around him, great midfielders who can do wonders with the ball. Whereas, Ronaldo started in a team that lack the kind of creativity Barca has. Also, Ronaldo's time at Man U, although a big club (still not at the level of Barcelona) won't be consider here because the two league played different kinds of football and scoring in Spain is easier than in England. So I will pick their time together in Spain.

Ronaldo joined Real Madrid in 2009 and left in 2018. Below is the picture of their stats within the period in review.

Gold is Messi and Blue is Ronaldo

Comparing them based on goals.
=> Messi scored a total of 476 goals in 472 appearances giving him 0.99 goals per match.

=> Ronaldo scored a total of 450 goals in 432 appearances giving him 1.04 goals per match.

This makes Messi second only to Ronaldo in the history of Spanish club football.

Comparing them on the bases of assist provided.

=> Messi had 176 assist in 476 appearances giving him 0.37 assist per match.

=> Ronaldo had 112 assist from 438 matches giving him 0.27 assist per match.

This makes Ronaldo second only to Messi in the history of Spanish club footbal.

I don't want to compare them based on country performances which Ronaldo clearly lead on Champions league performance which Ronaldo also lead.

You can have your say below.

What happeeeeen?
Re: Christiano Ronaldo Has More Goal Ratio Than Lionel Messi. FACTS by Iretii0511(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
daddytime:

What happeeeeen?

I don't get bro.

(1) (Reply)

Cameroon Drops Eto’o From World Cup Squad / UEFA: Key Ajax Player Returns Against Chelsea / (Download Video) Norwich City vs Manchester United 1-3 All Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.