Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? (18324 Views)

What Childhood Dream Did You Have? / Why People Who Earn Less Than You Achieve More Than You / What Would Your Occupation Be If You Followed Your Childhood Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
Medical doctor.....which is now impossiblecant

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Mosesvic(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2019
Hmmmm.
As a kid all I Eva dreamt of was playing football and being like Messi. I spend almost all day in d field den.
Seeing people who were fat older Dan I was still playing in d same settings, nt growing above dat. I had to take a brake. Now I HV a degree in Finance and I kinds gift and passion for Computers..

I tink right now my dream is tied to any opportunity I see. LOL

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by SirAce: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
I wanted to be a software engineer or an Ethical Hacker but i studied Petroleum Engineering. Life's still good anyways wink
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
Not even close angry
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Equity15(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
lol..military.. later changed to wanting to become a computer guru/engineer. didn't go for enginerring cos i'm very bad at drawing(thank God i was hinted on engineering drawing earlier..i for don carry that course taya) now a graduate of computer science but not a guru. working on it tho
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Galadimabawa: 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
To become a soldier, and I think I'm there.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by kayo80(m): 1:27pm On Nov 02, 2019
To be a writer. Yes, I have achieved it...or I am achieving it grin
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by m140(m): 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
MountainView:
Hello, everyone just out of curiosity,

What were your childhood dreams and aspiration

Did you achieve it, what did you end up becoming, if you didn't achieve it?

Mine: I wanted to become a pilot, I guess grin

Now I'm pursuing a career in Software Development and Physics,

Though I have a new dream which I'm pursuing, I do hope I achieve it though embarassed embarassed

Same with you
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2019
sharone21:
I wanted to be an Engineer though my dad, a German trained Metallurgical Engineer ( possibly the first in Naija) preferred Medicine and Engineering as 2nd choice. I ended up doing Physics( u know Naija and the way universities dish out courses) , I plan doing Nursing later though.....anyway, Naija seems to be a dream killer land somewhat.
LMAO
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by folake4u(f): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
Ever since I was a child I always wanted to be either an accountant, paediatrician, or a nutritionist.
But Maths show me shege! grin grin.

Currently pursuing my career to secure an LL.B in the bag!.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by BabaIbo: 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
I wanted to become an engineer but admission wahala/Nigeria factor changed it. I accepted the change and set another dream to be an Industrialist (Industrial chemist) after NYSC, job palava pushed me to marketing but now I'm teaching and also into other gigs.
See forget all those children dreams jare, now it's goals.
Make person just make money and afford whatever he/she wants/needs/desires.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by duduade: 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
Thegoodone13:
serial killer spotted

Loool
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by kayo80(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
budaatum:

I am 13 years old.

And you registered on Nairaland 13 years ago shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Enenche1(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2019
pilot oooo...bt no money� � �
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by budaatum: 1:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
colizee:

That's weird....Do you have a terminal disease or something?
No terminals.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Tonymario58: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
Dreamt to be a linguist and Roman Catholic Priest, but ended up a medical Doctor.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by MountainView: 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
m140:

Same with you

How, if I may ask??
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by zigibada: 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
[s]
helinues:
I never had one while growing up
[/s]
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by jolyment: 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
My dream is to further my education in abroad at PhD level. Luckily I just got a scholarship for my PhD this week.Dreams do come true!

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by onyidon22(m): 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by okrikaboi: 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
Some are still dreaming
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by vincentjk(m): 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2019
Explorers:
To be a Pilot, but didn't come true.

So what are you now?

sorry to ask
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by m140(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
MountainView:

How, if I may ask??
Love to be a pilot when very young, but falling inlove with technologies now. But studied chemengine
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Halisdavis: 1:48pm On Nov 02, 2019
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
Humbleness:
My dream is to study human rights ;to help the needing and also to get married at the age of 23 to my dream man, finally give my husband triplets.
I know I am getting there someday, I can't stop believing.
i will marry u
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Explorers(m): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2019
folake4u:
Ever since I was a child I always wanted to be either an accountant, paediatrician, or a nutritionist.
But Maths show me shege! grin grin.

Currently pursuing my career to secure an LL.B in the bag!.

Lol..... Mathematics and fund stopped me from flying planes.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2019
duduade:
My dreams then...

Work within the Detective outfits... As I grew up my focus changed and wanted to be an assassin badly...

But now I work as a public servant...
that's good, in other word, public executor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by fk002: 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
budaatum:

I am 13 years old.

You cant be 13, you registered Nairaland since 2006 that was 13 years ago.
Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by Explorers(m): 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2019
vincentjk:

So what are you now?

sorry to ask

Smiles.....Civil servant.

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by A305: 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
Priorities changes due to savagery of reality.

Never wanted to work in the coporate ladder because I will never conform to corporate ladder rules, Never had a dream either but I just wanted to be successful.

Not yet successful but most of my peers and seniors calls me sir.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Childhood Dream, did you achieve it? by fakuta(f): 2:03pm On Nov 02, 2019
I wanted to become a nurse
And now am an accountant �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Want To Sue My Employer For Terminating My Appointment Without Reason / Is Quantity Surveying A Good Career In Nigeria / Banking Sector: Hnd Graduates Vs B.sc Graduates.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.