Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat (14610 Views)

Why Jesus Christ Actually Came To The Earth / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? / The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
wirinet:

Having read your previous threads, I see you are a crank case, trying to literally interprete the bible to fit into pre middle age Christian beliefs. Even most modern Christian don't believe the crap you wrote up there. Even the Catholic Church had apologised to Galilei Galileo after close to 400 years for persecuting him for his heliocentric views.
The first person to calculate accurately the
Circumference and the tilt angle of the earth was Eratosthenes of Cyrene in 240 BC. He used 2 poles placed at Syene and Alexandria at noon and measured the difference in the angle of their shadows. I don't know the jibberish you are writing about sundial not bending if the earth is spinning.

I See You have refused to use your brains. I approached this the so called scientific way. Not even really from the biblical point. But if you say the bible doesn't support flat earth then your ignorance is to be blamed for that.

And if you don't know anything about the sundial am talking about then it's either you are ignorant willingly or you don't have a brain to reason.

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Perfectbeing(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2019
We can argue with everything except the truth. The truth always have a way of proving itself. I can come on board and argue against gravity and probably even win a debate in my argument. I can bring all the logic and reason to prove the non-existence of gravity. But when I jump off a cliff, it is then the truth will prove itself on whether gravity do exist or not..
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Emusan(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
Perfectbeing:
We can argue with everything except the truth. The truth always have a way of proving itself. I can come on board and argue against gravity and probably even win a debate in my argument. I can bring all the logic and reason to prove the non-existence of gravity. But when I jump off a cliff, it is then the truth will prove itself on whether gravity do exist or not..

To you in a lay man's view, what is gravity?

No-one says Jumping off a cliff won't land you on earth's surface even badly....but the point is, is it gravity or something else?
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wickedtuna: 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2019
Emusan:

No-one says Jumping off a cliff won't land you on earth's surface even badly....but the point is, is it gravity or something else?
is it gravity or because anything denser than air falls to the ground.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Emusan(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
wickedtuna:
is it gravity or because anything denser than air falls to the ground.

Answer me first
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wickedtuna: 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
Emusan:

Answer me first
lol i am only asserting to the point you made. Gravity is a theory that hasn't necessarily been proven, the reason why i said it is only natural that anything denser than air would eventually drop to the ground.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2019
Emusan:

Yet you're asking to grab elementary physics or geography book....

Why can't you do your research about it?

Google is your friend bro....
Yet you said earlier that you don't know that people still believe in flat earth in this 21st century, whereas, a 21st century pikin still believes all the images he has seen are real image SMH

You didn't ask me any question...

Gravity is a scam.....

Had it been you use your common sense you would have known that.

Did you aware that no gravity in space has later been change to Microgravity?

Another aspect is, they say "the farther you are from earth the less gravitational force you experience"....which means earth gravity is very strong close to surface, yet the same weak or absolute zero gravity holds the MOON in earth orbit. How can you reconcile that

If gravity is so strong to hold everything on earth surface, why would ordinary butterfly be able to to fly in the presence of gravity when ordinary Car radiator fan will suck in any flies around it?

The same elementary books you're brainwashed with.

At what point you won't feel your weight?

Isn't gravity occurred all over the earth even extended to moon?

Why should I jump up and fall on ground or an airplane at some attitude loosing engine power will straightly fall to the ground, yet all of a sudden, I won't feel my weight at a certain point? Is gravity works in mysterious ways

You are so ignorant and confused that I don't know where to start educating you. It's amazing that in this era of information age, some people choose to remain ignorant.

Gravity is a force that manifest in acceleration, which means per second increase in velocity. The earth pulls all objects to it with an acceleration of 9.81 per second per second. It means you speed will increase by 9.81m per second, every second. Now, when you are standing on the ground, you stand still because the ground exerts an equal and opposite force.

In space there is no ground to exert an equal and opposite force so you fall perpetually (free fall).

Study this video, maybe you will begin to have an idea of what gravity is, instead of talking jibberish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO_Ox_dH0M8

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Ola17: 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
Wirinet

Sorry to say, you are wasting your time; kind of pouring water on a rock.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Emusan(m): 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
wirinet:
You are so ignorant and confused that I don't know where to start educating you. It's amazing that in this era of information age, some people choose to remain ignorant.

You're just describing yourself here....

Gravity is a force that manifest in acceleration, which means per second increase in velocity. The earth pulls all objects to it with an acceleration of 9.81 per second. It means you speed will increase by 9.81m per second, every second. Now, when you are standing on the ground, you stand still because the ground exerts an equal and opposite force.

Look @underlined to see how you failed to reason with my post, yet ranting for nothing.

If gravity pulls everything to earth's surface and because I'm standing on the ground, the ground is exerting equal force, what of an airplane that lost the engine power in midair?

Why must the plane fall to the ground?

Isn't this plane supposed to be floating as a result of weightlessness due to the same gravity?

In space there is no ground to exert an equal and opposite force so you fall perpetually (free fall).

The fall was it not floating around the earth like moon does or falling to earth surface? Which one....

Study this video, maybe you will begin to have an idea of what gravity is, instead of talking jibberish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO_Ox_dH0M8

Someone is floating around in a chamber, isn't gravity supposed to pull her to earth's surface?

The moment I jump off a cliff, were my legs on ground? Yet gravity pulled me to earth's surface.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
Ola17:
Wirinet

Sorry to say, you are wasting your time; kind of pouring water on a rock.
My brother, it's not him specifically I am pouring water on, it's the young impressionable boy or young man, who might be led astray by their stupid anti science doctrines.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
Emusan:

If gravity pulls everything to earth's surface and because I'm standing on the ground, the ground is exerting equal force, what of an airplane that lost the engine power in midair?
The plane that has lost its engine has nothing to exert an equal and opposite force, so it's in a free fall (weightless) until it hits the ground.

Why must the plane fall to the ground?

Isn't this plane supposed to be floating as a result of weightlessness due to the same gravity?
The plane falls to the ground because force of gravity is pulling the plane downwards with an acceleration of 9.81m/s/s.
Floating is not the same thing as weightlessness. The plane is free falling, but objects in the plane falling at the same rate with the plane will seem to float in reference to the plane.

The fall was it not floating around the earth like moon does or falling to earth surface? Which one....
The moon too is free falling on the earth, that's why it is orbiting the earth. The same thing as satellites above the Earth's surface.

Someone is floating around in a chamber, isn't gravity supposed to pull her to earth's surface?

As I said, the person falling in a falling plane's chamber is falling with the plane according to gravity from the reference plane of an observer outside the plane, but from the reference frame of the plane, the person is stationary (or floating )

The moment I jump off a cliff, were my legs on ground? Yet gravity pulled me to earth's surface.
You legs leave the ground the moment you jump of a cliff and free fall to the earth.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Ola17: 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
wirinet:

My brother, it's not him specifically I am pouring water on, it's the young impressionable boy or young man, who might be led astray by their stupid anti science doctrines.

Noted brother.
In that case, please don’t give up. Hopefully, people who are genuinely in search of the truth and are grounded in basic scientific concepts will come across your posts and appreciate them.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
Perfectbeing:
how do you know gravity is pushing you down when you fall off a cliff?
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2019
wirinet:

The plane that has lost its engine has nothing to exert an equal and opposite force, so it's in a free fall (weightless) until it hits the ground.

The plane falls to the ground because force of gravity is pulling the plane downwards with an acceleration of 9.81m/s/s.
Floating is not the same thing as weightlessness. The plane is free falling, but objects in the plane falling at the same rate with the plane will seem to float in reference to the plane.

The moon too is free falling on the earth, that's why it is orbiting the earth. The same thing as satellites above the Earth's surface.

As I said, the person falling in a falling plane's chamber is falling with the plane according to gravity from the reference plane of an observer outside the plane, but from the reference frame of the plane, the person is stationary (or floating )

You legs leave the ground the moment you jump of a cliff and free fall to the earth.
funny man is this nonsense what you call education? Why will gravity pull a a plane down due to weightlessness when gravity is only attracted to objects with mass. And why will earth gravitational pull on the moon cause the moon to orbit instead of dragging down the moon like it is dragging down the plane. Funny joke.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Emusan(m): 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2019
wirinet:

This is where the lies of gravity is exposed which you're too blind to see....

Did you realize that if the same thing happened in the so called SPACE, the plane won't fall to earth's surface rather it will be floating aimlessly around the earth like in a orbit.

Isn't the same force of gravity that allows moon to stay in its orbit?

Why didn't the moon fall to the ground?

You claim both plane and moon are in free fall yet one fall to the ground and the other one is in orbit, then I asked, does gravity work in a mysterious ways?

Why can't gravity put the same plane in orbit rather than falling to the ground?

Why was moon free fall has to be in orbit and my own free fall has to land me on the ground?

Immediately I jumped off the cliff, why can't this mysterious gravity put me in orbit rather than pulling me to the ground?

And I asked a question which you stylishly boycotted the other time,

Why would gigantic gravity allow ordinary butterfly to fly when gravity is so strong at earth's surface and ordinary Car radiator fan will suck in any flies around it?
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
funny man is this nonsense what you call education? Why will gravity pull a a plane down due to weightlessness when gravity is only attracted to objects with mass. And why will earth gravitational pull on the moon cause the moon to orbit instead of dragging down the moon like it is dragging down the plane. Funny joke.

Senseless questions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2019
Emusan:

This is where the lies of gravity is exposed which you're too blind to see....

Did you realize that if the same thing happened in the so called SPACE, the plane won't fall to earth's surface rather it will be floating aimlessly around the earth like in a orbit.

Isn't the same force of gravity that allows moon to stay in its orbit?

Why didn't the moon fall to the ground?

You claim both plane and moon are in free fall yet one fall to the ground and the other one is in orbit, then I asked, does gravity work in a mysterious ways?

Why can't gravity put the same plane in orbit rather than falling to the ground?

Why was moon free fall has to be in orbit and my own free fall has to land me on the ground?

Immediately I jumped off the cliff, why can't this mysterious gravity put me in orbit rather than pulling me to the ground?
It has to do with the velocity of the object falling due to gravity. If the object is projected beyond the Earth's escape velocity in a direction opposite that of gravity, then it will escape the Earth's direct pull and gravity will make it orbit instead at a distance in proportion to the velocity.

If the plane travels faster than 11km/s, it will escape the earth. If the engine is then switched off, it will continue to orbit the earth perpetually.

Check the diagram below for better explanation. If Vo is more than 11.2km/s the projectile will enter into orbit instead of falling to the ground.
It is still earth's gravity that will keep it in earth's orbit.

And I asked a question which you stylishly boycotted the other time,

Why would gigantic gravity allow ordinary butterfly to fly when gravity is so strong at earth's surface and ordinary Car radiator fan will suck in any flies around it?

The butterfly wings offers air resistance against gravity. The force of the air from the radiator fan sucking the flies, is greater than gravity of the earth. Remember, the flies have wings and low mass, that helps counteracts the effect of gravity. If you substitute the flies with the same volume of lead, the fan will not be able to suck it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by budaatum: 12:44am On Nov 19, 2019
kkins25:
ahhhhh!!! so someone has been dodging me to come and spread more lies on another battle front where the opponents-it seems are much milder. unfortunately for you, i am a savage dothraki warrior, we do not not forgive. im coming for your head.
Please have mercy on me shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by kkins25(m): 12:52am On Nov 19, 2019
budaatum:

Please have mercy on me shocked shocked
hahahah..

who art thou? A belief, a thought, an idea, or a paradigm?
Have ye led my people's minds captive against their will?
Have ye tricked my people into searching the world for its end?
Yes?

Then it brings me great joy to say; I shall smite thee where thou stands. EMILO2STAY ;Emusan, get behind me, you satanel.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 5:43am On Nov 19, 2019
wirinet:

Senseless questions.
you do not even understand your own theories. Keep talking nonsense
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Emusan(m): 7:14am On Nov 19, 2019
wirinet:

It has to do with the velocity of the object falling due to gravity. If the object is projected beyond the Earth's escape velocity in a direction opposite that of gravity, then it will escape the Earth's direct pull and gravity will make it orbit instead at a distance in proportion to the velocity.

If the plane travels faster than 11km/s, it will escape the earth. If the engine is then switched off, it will continue to orbit the earth perpetually.

Check the diagram below for better explanation. If Vo is more than 11.2km/s the projectile will enter into orbit instead of falling to the ground.
It is still earth's gravity that will keep it in earth's orbit.

It's just so unfortunate that you never factor every point on my post before you vomited this.

The point is, if the plane lost engine power above earth's atmosphere which is called SPACE, will it fall to the ground or wandering around?

Better put, if there was a space travel to the Moon and in few miles to the Moon, tragedy struck suddenly and all the so called astronauts found themselves in outer space, is gravity going to pull them to the ground (earth's surface from the height) or make them wandering around?

The butterfly wings offers air resistance against gravity. The force of the air from the radiator fan sucking the flies, is greater than gravity of the earth. Remember, the flies have wings and low mass, that helps counteracts the effect of gravity. If you substitute the flies with the same volume of lead, the fan will not be able to suck it.

I gave up after reading this brainwashed thing you wrote @bold&underlined
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by Perfectbeing(m): 7:51am On Nov 19, 2019
Emusan:

To a layman, gravity is that force that pulls down every object with mass towards to earth surface.

Is it the word "gravity" the bone of contention or the force itself (which existence can't be denied) that pulls down every object.. I want to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Perfectbeing:

To a layman, gravity is that force that pulls down every object with mass towards to earth surface.

Is it the word "gravity" the bone of contention or the force itself (which existence can't be denied) that pulls down every object.. I want to know.
were is the proof of existence of gravity? , if we were not taught of gravity, common sense tells us our weight keeps us on the ground and not a mythical unproven force called gravity. Why would newton be the one to discover gravity. We would all know some thing is pulling us if there is anything at all that is pulling us towards the earth. Is Isaac newton the first man to see an apple fall from a tree?.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by OpenYourEyes1: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
were is the proof of existence of gravity? , if we were not taught of gravity, common sense tells us our weight keeps us on the ground and not a mythical unproven force called gravity. Why would newton be the one to discover gravity. We would all know some thing is pulling us if there is anything at all that is pulling us towards the earth. Is Isaac newton the first man to see an apple fall from a tree?.

What do you think is responsible for objects of different mass falling at thesame time in a real vacuum? Eg feather and stone in a vacuum... What do think?

You made good points with your previous arguments. I learned alot from them smiley
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:14am On Nov 19, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

What do you think is responsible for objects of different mass falling at thesame time in a real vacuum? Eg feather and stone in a vacuum... What do think?

You made good points with your previous arguments. I learned alot from them smiley
I don't think there is any experiment to show objects of different mass falling at the same time in a so called vacuum. By the way, why should they fall at all, are they not supposed to be floating in zero G environment?. A certain guy posted a video of a feather and a ball falling at the same time in a vacuum only for the whole thing to be a fraud and the video was played in slow motion to simulate a zero G environment.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by OpenYourEyes1: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
I don't think there is any experiment to show objects of different mass falling at the same time in a so called vacuum. By the way, why should they fall at all, are they not supposed to be floating in zero G environment?. A certain guy posted a video of a feather and a ball falling at the same time in a vacuum only for the whole thing to be a fraud and the video was played in slow motion to simulate a zero G environment.

Can I have the video please?
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2019
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by OpenYourEyes1: 10:29am On Nov 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
I don't think there is any experiment to show objects of different mass falling at the same time in a so called vacuum. By the way, why should they fall at all, are they not supposed to be floating in zero G environment? A certain guy posted a video of a feather and a ball falling at the same time in a vacuum only for the whole thing to be a fraud and the video was played in slow motion to simulate a zero G environment.

The theory is that it'll float if you remove the dent (earth) in space. Space is said to be a fabric... objects on the fabric create small or large dent, depending on their sizes.

1 Like

Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by OpenYourEyes1: 11:08am On Nov 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E43-CfukEgs

Nice video.

My observation:

The gentleman in the video said this at the end of the video: "so he concluded, they weren't"

I guess he meant that the feather & ball didn't really fall.
I think that kind of contradicts the whole idea of "object falling in dent" theory of gravity. He's probably assuming that the falling objects are floating in the fabric of space/vacuum.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by kkins25(m): 11:12am On Nov 19, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

gravity as a force does not exist. gravity is not a force.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 11:16am On Nov 19, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Good points, where? Please show me the good points. He have absolutely no idea of what he is talking about.
Re: Why The Earth Surface Looks Flat by wirinet(m): 11:23am On Nov 19, 2019
undecided
OpenYourEyes1:

Nice video.

My observation:

The gentleman in the video said this at the end of the video: "so he concluded, they weren't"

I guess he meant that the feather & ball didn't really fall.
I think that kind of contradicts the whole idea of "object falling in dent" theory of gravity. He's probably assuming that the falling objects are floating in the fabric of space/vacuum.

All the video showed is that gravity is independent of mass, assuming all other factors constant. All objects on earth fall at the rate of 9.81m/s irrespective of size or mass.

It's the air resistance that oppose gravity that made the feathers fall shower outside a vacuum.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father / Is It A Sin To Leave Church Before The Pastor Exit? / 10 Reasons Why It Is More Blessed To Give Than To Receive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.