Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

NFF: Siasia's Success Or Failure Will Be Of His Own Doing - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF: Siasia's Success Or Failure Will Be Of His Own Doing (571 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Will Bale Be A Success Or A Flop At R.madrid? / How Far Can Nigeria Go In The On-coming U-17 Fifa Tournament.success Or Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NFF: Siasia's Success Or Failure Will Be Of His Own Doing by semid4lyfe(m): 12:43am On Nov 09, 2010

NFF hands off Siasia

Nigeria's success or failure under Samson Siasia's watch would be entirely the responsibility of the former international, according to the NFF.

Technical Committee chairman Christopher Green told KickOffNigeria.com that Siasia has been told that he although there will be monitoring, he will have full, unfettered powers over his team.

"We shall monitor the activities of our staff, our players and all that we have but that does not mean that we are going to interfere with his job. We are not going to interfere," Green told KickOffNigeria.com.

“We are going to give the coach a free hand and we have started by asking him to get his back room staff. That is free enough but that does not mean that we shall not monitor. We have a monitoring team of the Technical Committee.

“But he is at liberty because the truth of the matter is that we have told him and he has agreed that the successes and the failures of the team are his sole responsibility. He has accepted them so we should go to sleep. It is as good as that," Green disclosed.

Green, who was head of the committee that selected Siasia ahead of Keshi, said he had no regrets.

“Well I don’t think I have any reason to blame myself or we have any reason for blaming ourselves tomorrow for picking Siasia.

"We were faced with two very good coaches, two coaches we considered about the best in the country and it could have gone to any of them, but it favoured Siasia. So I don’t have any regrets and we are not going to have any regrets tomorrow."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/18697/nff-hands-off-samson-siasia.php

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Onigbinde Surpporting Adamu's Evil ? / The Next African Superstar? / Dallas Wins 1st Nba Title In Franchise History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.