Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy (49270 Views)

Why You Should Stop Using MTN Midnight Data / Stop Using Whatsapp If You Don't Know This - Android Phones. / Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 17, 2019
WhatsApp isn't safe: Being the biggest social messaging apps, WhatsApp has caught the eye of the miscreants and spam threats have begun to rear their ugly heads.

Backup messages are not encrypted: WhatsApp has made loud noises about end-to-end encryption that ensures that only you and the person you're communicating with can read what's sent. However, that encryption does not work if the data is stored as a backup on Google Drive. WhatsApp had recently signed a pact with Google to allow its users to store messages on the search giants' cloud storage offering.

Hacker can alter photos and videos: A security flaw in WhatsApp has come to light that allows potential hackers to alter the image, audio or video files. The vulnerability stemmed from how media files are stored in WhatsApp.

If you care enough about your privacy to delete Facebook (or even change the way you use the social network) you may want to ditch WhatsApp as well. If you need a new, more secure messaging app try Signal or even iMessage for communicating between Apple devices.

If you believe WhatsApp can't be hacked you lie, because it has happened to me, my friends, relatives, and destroy a lot of relationship.

Source: https://mandynews.com/stop-using-whatsapp-if-you-care-about-your-privacy/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2019
Lalasticlala, kindly move to frontpage to educate Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Asowebdesign: 11:36am On Oct 17, 2019
Yawn... Bank accounts are getting hacked everyday.. Maybe we should stop putting our money in banks too...

Yawn again..

I build websites and I'm based IN abuja, 0802 067 5190.
see signature.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by McBrooklyn(m): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2019
Hacked or not... WhatsApp 4Life! ⁦❤️⁩

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 17, 2019
Team Gbwhatsapp!
Make sure ur 2 steps verification is enabled.
Hope this helps...

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Peejayx01(m): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2019
What about the two step verification, how secure does it make one's account to be?
Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
If you believe WhatsApp can't be hacked you lie, because it has happened to me, my friends, relatives, and destroy a lot of relationship.
Pele...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by cooldipo(m): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
funny you guys are just finding out undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by mazizitonene(m): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
Local man is fascinated.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Gudguyz(m): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
Watin we go come dey useWhich kind wahala be dis one self

For ur epileptic power solutions.Call & What's app Sunmax Solar.Pls click on my profile for contact details.Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by naijadrivablog: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
WHATSAPP helps business na.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by realestniggah: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Too late.. If the government want your information they can get it. There nothing you can do about it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by shogsman(m): 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
It's a necessary evil,the worst is mark will sell my privacy to the Russians or Chinese and I don't see how that will affect me.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by bunmioguns(m): 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Safeguard your WhatsApp account from hackers

Hackers now hack WhatsApp Accounts; they act on your integrity. They'll change your phone number to theirs and replace you in whatsoever group you belong.

To prevent this from happening follow these steps:

Go to settings on your WhatsApp,

Click on Account,

Click on Two- step verification,

Enter pin,

Input your email address

And save, that's all.

If someone wants to change it, WhatsApp will ask for the Two-step verification and without it the account won't open.

Thank you

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by rashrockalabx(m): 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Awon werey hacker
Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by damibjs: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
How do dey hacked WhatsApp....plz I want to learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Reffone: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Yahoo boys have gone to another level
Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Rahbiew: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Enable 2FA. They’ll still need to input 2fa code before gaining access to the account

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by finalboss(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Telegram is the best

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by stillseth: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Whatsapp hack ke...Nothing wey dem no kan fit hack again oooo
Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by philip0906(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
If you need a new, more secure messaging app try Signal or even iMessage for communicating between Apple devices.
This statement, completely rubbished your post!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Midas01: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Lol. As long as you have a Sim card, bank account, use a smartphone, have an email address, use Google, Facebook, Wifi, etc you have absolutely no privacy whatsoever.

With WiFi alone, someone could access your house address. Every single Google search, text message or phone call you make, gives "the powers that be" your exact location.

It's even worse in countries like America where your conversations are monitored just by having your mobile phone near you ( without actually using the cell phone).

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by sylve11: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
@ op, i kinda agree with you, but you should be worried about Facebook and not whatsapp. undecided cool

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Daviddson(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Since Mark bought Whatsapp, he has refused to allow them to individually innovate the app. Whatsapp growth has been stunted ever since - no new features and a lot of bad programming.

The US FTC needs to unbundle it from Facebook, so it can compete with Telegram.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by OgbanjeProphet: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Op, thanks for this exposing post.

But, which privacy do we want to protect as nigerians? In this world, every nigerian is naked.
Quote me on this.

7 Likes

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by reubenobi(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
This is serious
Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Acidosis(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Google backup and other backup services are the actual threats, not WhatsApp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by willexyaho(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Olayinka8793(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2019
Na two factor authentication sure pass o.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Using Whatsapp If You Care About Your Privacy by Onyi22(f): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2019
J

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I View Numbers Sharing My Mtn Data With Me? / "No Samsung Fold, No Entry" - Nigerian Big Boys Flaunt Samsung Folds Phones / XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.