Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

President Blames Explosive Birth Rate On ‘A Misreading Of Islam’ - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / President Blames Explosive Birth Rate On ‘A Misreading Of Islam’ (347 Views)

My Wife Of About 4 Years Blames Me After I Caught Her Cheating / Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It / Sex Once In 3 Months, Lasts 30 Secs Yet He Blames Me For Not Giving Him A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Blames Explosive Birth Rate On ‘A Misreading Of Islam’ by SUNNEW: 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
Niger’s president blames explosive birth rate on ‘a misreading of Islam’

A misreading of Islam led to Niger’s explosive birth rate, hampering the country’s fight to adapt to the climate crisis and preserve its shrinking resources, the country’s president has said.

This nexus of issues is likely to have an increasingly direct impact on European politics, said Mahamadou Issoufou, who warned warned that migration may exceed the levels it reached during the second world war.

“Everything is connected in a global village. As they say, a butterfly flaps its wings in Brazil and there can be a tornado in Houston,” said Issoufou, who has been feted by Emmanuel Macron and Angela Merkel as one of Africa’s most articulate leaders.

Issoufou claims he has been slowly driving down his country’s birth rate of more than seven children per woman, the highest birth rate in the world for the past decade.

He told the Guardian: “Before Islam came, women used to be married at the age of 18 but, due to a misreading of Islam, young women were having babies at the age of 12 or 13. But what does the Qur’an say? If an educated person reads the Qur’an, it talks about responsible parenthood. Islam says you should only have children if you can take good care of them and properly educate them.

“Schools need to educate young girls because we do not want them having children at 12 or 13. Ideally, we want to keep them in school as long as possible, until age 18. This is something new to us.”
Read More:
https://amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/oct/17/nigers-president-blames-explosive-birth-rate-on-a-misreading-of-islam
Re: President Blames Explosive Birth Rate On ‘A Misreading Of Islam’ by Dereformer(m): 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2019
Tell that to the marines.

Islam, by its tenets is designed to keep life and existence backward.

Moslem women and men breed children like rats.

A religion that supports and encourages one man to marry as much as four wives.

Go to the northern part of Nigeria and you pity humans.

1 Like

Re: President Blames Explosive Birth Rate On ‘A Misreading Of Islam’ by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2019
shocked

This has nothing to do with Islam , there are Christians who have more than 6 children in this damned country ! What manner of fvckery is that?

Even if you’re so fvcking rich what do you need 6,7,8,9 and 10 children for?

Africans have sex and breed like rabbits irrespective of the religion
Re: President Blames Explosive Birth Rate On ‘A Misreading Of Islam’ by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 17, 2019
Cc Lalasticlala dominique

(1) (Reply)

Trump Admin Tells UN There Is No Right To Abortion Everyone Has A Right To Life / Sold / You Can Search Me But Don't Touch My Dick: Nigerian To South African Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.