Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? (25607 Views)

All Our Academic Programmes Have Approval And Accreditation Of Nuc,professional / Unilag: “why Babalakin Wanted Vc Out Desperately”- Source / MAPOLY Students Protest Delay In Semester Examination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by fergie001: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

I'm think say unilag na Harvard University, lool
grin grin grin grin

UNIBADAN no fall my hands ooooo, abeg.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by papyskinsy: 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2019
oau gives transcript fast withing 2 days
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by mamaafrik(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
the same problem with all public organizations in Naija,gbese o kan mi attitude(i don care).
Write the v.c office .
now that it is on Nairaland......, let's see
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by JaaizTech: 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Unilag's transcript process is a shame and embarrassment. Someone needs to call this people out!!!.

I can't believe an institution that issues out pH.D degrees in management, computer science, software engineering etc can not run an efficient transcript system with the plethora of IT solutions littered everywhere. This is a big shame!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Nukilia: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
mamaafrik:
the same problem with all public organizations in Naija,gbese o kan mi attitude(i don care).
Write the v.c office .
now that it is on Nairaland......, let's see
The civil service system is so so corrupt!
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Nukilia: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
JaaizTech:
Unilag's transcript process is a shame and embarrassment. Someone needs to call this people out!!!.

I can't believe an institution that issues out pH.D degrees in management, computer science, software engineering etc can not run an efficient transcript system with the plethora of IT solutions littered everywhere. This is a big shame!

All those degrees are scams and rackets grin cheesy grin
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Yemmysworld91: 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2019
same here since April. I told them to send my transcript to an American university. At first they told me the mail address I gave was wrong. I contacted the University and they gave me another mail. I gave them the new mail at unilag records; till now the story remains the same. I will be going there on Thursday to shout as much as I can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by bonnyhope: 7:23pm On Oct 22, 2019
Welrez:
I love my Unimaid. Applied for my transcript for a postgraduate programme and it arrived on time. Three weeks. No bribe paid. God bless the University of Maiduguri.
That is North
They are more sincere compare to South

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by nelsonebby(m): 7:24pm On Oct 22, 2019
JaaizTech:

school is a joke
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by bayoomtecky: 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
I have applied for my transcript since Aug,2015...as am speaking...No feedback.I did another processing to SA in July'19(6wks they said for it to be ready).Yet,to get any response.PLEASE HELP Our great Management in Unilag...in finding lasting solution to this issue...so that things can go without much hassles

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:25pm On Oct 22, 2019
The most annoying thing is, you will call or mail them they will pick the call after you have called like 100 times. Stupid people.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by bayoomtecky: 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
It will interest you to know...mine is for M.Sc programme

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by lukui: 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
oya start blaming BUHARI
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Heavance(m): 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2019
chukzyfcbb:
Did you not read the article that says none of our University have a functional email address, or Help mail?

Bros you dey naija o, wise up!

If you need your transcript, you need to have a foot soldier at unilag who will do the do for you , not forgetting the need for cash.

Yes you need to play Ball if you need your transcript quick, all that email you are sending is nonsense. i

if our education was good why you wan run go UK?

There is almost no school in Nigeria where you can easily get transcript via Mail, failure rate should be at 99.9%.

Better fork out some naira if you need your transscript asap, otherwise continue sending pointless mails.
Stop typing what you know absolutely te nothing about.
I wrote a letter to the institution I graduated from, posted with just #50.

Nipost and the university surprised me.
In fact, I didn't know it had been sent, until the person I had over there chatted me up.

So stop talking/typing what you know absolutely nothing about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by edoairways: 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2019
Obinoscopy:
In my own case I paid 25k online for my transcript to be delivered to an evaluation company in the US. I started this process since May and it is yet to be delivered to the company. I am currently in the States thus I cannot physically go to Unilag Records Office to know what the issue is. I sent them several emails and its either they ignore me or reply me in caplocks that my transcript application will be treated accordingly.

So its five months and yet no transcript! Isn't that crazy? It's not fair as I believe this delay will encourage people (both student/alumni and staff) to indulge in bribery and corruption in order to fasttrack the system. I've already heard of people who got their transcript asap because they went to the Records Office to "fast track". The Unilag management need to stop this delay in processing transcript as it would only encourage corruption.

UNN iTranscript process is much better as I got my transcript within a space of 1 month. I got my transcript dispatched and received by an Evaluation Company and I did it from the comfort of my room! So I believe Unilag can do better.
Transcript shouldn't exceed 7 working days of preparation however many Nigerians love seeing their neighbours suffering

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Cvesta(m): 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
Heavance:

In fact, I didn't know it had been sent, until the person I had over there chatted me up.

Which school is that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Colb461: 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
Oh Really?y do my brother find it difficult processing his..
Welrez:
I love my Unimaid. Applied for my transcript for a postgraduate programme and it arrived on time. Three weeks. No bribe paid. God bless the University of Maiduguri.
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Colb461: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2019
I av being matching to thier office day by day since on the 17th of sept telling them abt the transcript verification they keep giving me silly excuses
Colb461:
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by johnbull2017(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
We are plenty in this shoes. I paid 6k online for them to send the transcript via email since June. Nothing heard of it till date, sent several emails no response, and the portal is as useless as shit. No correspondence.
My suggestion, if we can get the email of either the VC, DSA, or Registrar. Send a mail to record office and put them in copy. Maybe it would make a difference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
sinkhole:
There is NO Nigerian Federal University that processes transcript fast and efficient!
yet they want autonomy for this nonsense assu ll not respond to these bullshit...
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by edoairways: 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2019
Heavance:

He implied that virtually all the public universities has issue with transcript delivery

1 Like

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by peaceland(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
Not around to pick my MBA certificate so tried the portal and requested for certified copy and statement if result, money paid on both occassion, tracking number issued and that is it so far, months now.
Please does anyone know how best to pick certificate (not transcript) if away?.
I thought things should be getting easier with technology but it seems we are just different......
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by edoairways: 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Harsh tag Unilag delay in transcript delivery on twitter will do. Since the sex for grade went viral, schools like UI are taking precautions to avert similar scandal that rocked University of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Nicholetta(f): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2019
fergie001:

grin grin grin grin

UNIBADAN no fall my hands ooooo, abeg.

UI PG School processed and sent out my transcript in less than a week. I raised the transcript request and made payments from the comfort of my home. I didn't need to go to PG school or follow up with anybody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by chukzyfcbb: 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2019
Heavance:

your school falls in the 0.1%

Moreover you just said your school SUPRISED you, because you know how messed up the system is.

So stop acting like it's the norm, because you were shocked yourself to even get it.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by fergie001: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2019
Nicholetta:

UI PG School processed and sent out my transcript in less than a week. I raised the transcript request and made payments from the comfort of my home. I didn't need to go to PG school or follow up with anybody.
Have a colleague who works there now, he told me it's less than a week but still having second thoughts....

Thanks for the info.....I can apply with precision now...

1 Like

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Welrez(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2019
Colb461:
Tell your brother to report it to Unimaid SERVICOM Unit
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Colb461: 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
Ok..tanks
Welrez:
Tell your brother to report it to Unimaid SERVICOM Unit
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Avedonn: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2019
Welrez:

Please how did you apply.

Was it online?

And how much did you pay.

Please pardon my much questions.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Emmah123: 8:33pm On Oct 22, 2019
I regret that I did my msc in Unilag. I applied for statement of result to be collected by hand. For 8 weeks, Unilag never processed my application. It took 5weeks for my application status to change from "received" to " in progress". Up till now, nothing has changed thereafter. I visited the school several times but nothing has still be done.

Unilag is a useless school living on past glory

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by Welrez(m): 8:36pm On Oct 22, 2019
Avedonn:

Please how did you apply.

Was it online?
No, manually, through the exams and records unit. It took them a week to get my department to forward my details to them, another one week to put the transcript in place, and the last week was consumed on the courier. I paid 5k then but it is now 7k if the transcript is to be sent to another institution.
Re: UNILAG, Why Is There A Long Delay In Getting Our Academic Transcript? by LongThickPenis(m): 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
Then you guys should go to Yabatech and see hell. The women in transcript office openly tell you they will not process your transcript unless you gratify them. If not your transcript will be pending for up to three months. If you tip them, it may arrive within one month. This is after paying over 20,000 almost 30,000 for transcript and UPS courier. Why won't people leave the country

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission 2011/12 For 2nd List Waiters.lets Meet Here / OAU Students Locked Down INEC Offices In Ife And Disrupts Training(PHOTOS) / Ibadan School Principal Found Dead In A Gutter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.