Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience (1015 Views)

An Armed Robbery Experience I Had Moments After A Holy Ghost Church Service / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases / Prophet Nyekachi Elechi "Invokes Fire", As He Delivers Members From Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 17, 2019
Something happened to me many years ago that appeared to suggest what would happen during rapture or the day of judgment.

It was an armed robbery incident, probably carried out by cultists, since it took place in a university campus hostel.

Now there were six of us inside the room, when the three of them with gun(s) and machete(s) came in at night, but strangely by the time they had left, they had robbed every one there except me.

And it wasn't as though they had forgotten or mistakingly done that, but it was deliberate, because after asking us to lie down, they had robbed us one by one, from the first person to the fifth person.

But when it got to my turn, being the sixth and final person, after the guy came to me, and flashed touch on my face, since it was at night and they had switched off the light, instead of telling me to stand up and go to show him my things as he had done to the other five persons before me, he just stood up and started walking sheepishly back to where his guys were to my amazement as though he had seen something strange.

And I heard when he was asked by someone who seemed to be their leader, "how about that guy", but I couldn't hear his response to know what made him do that, but it seemed to be enough explanation for his action, as it was soon after that they left the room.

And what made it even more puzzling, was that my black traveling bag was just about the first thing anyone would spot in the place the robbers had taken most of the things from, such as cash, mobile phone, cash, perfume, a pair of shoes etc., which was the wardrobe.

And inside the side pocket of that bag which was the foremost and most exposed part of that bag, there was cash which was my tithe that I hadn't yet paid. Therefore had they just decided to open it one of the times they went there with one of the other five persons, they would have also robbed me of some cash, because that was the closest money or thing in the wardrobe for them to have made away with.

But for some reason they left all the cash intact and no single thing in my bag was missing, while the other things more difficult to access in that wardrobe were being made away with, apart from my other things without my bag there which they also didn't touch.

So this was not just about me not being stood up by them, because they could have also easily robbed me without having to do that.

And even more baffling is the fact that four of us there of the six were all choir members of the same church, and we had just returned from a church service together. And while three of us were guests who came from other parts of the country for the annual church program held in the campus premises, the other one was a student of that school and our host.

But yet when during the robbery, I was the only one of the four who was separated and treated differently from the rest by the armed robbers.

It felt really awkward to be the only person of all the those inside the same room with me that wasn't robbed by the thieves, but as bad as i felt for them, there was nothing I could have done to help them, for I wasn't even the one that helped myself.

But then, when one of the four of us who had returned from church that night, instead of taking the matter up to God, started bragging about how he was going to report the robbery incident to the pastor of the church, because he would not take it lightly, and also one of the other two guys who was also a student of the school, talked about doing the same thing to his pastor, it became clear to me why despite they also being church members were treated differently from myself in that incident. It was because I was the only one in that room that was not just known by some pastor somewhere but God who was everywhere.

That eye-opening experience gave me an idea of what Jesus said would happen on the last day, when two would be together in a place and one taken, and the other left behind. {Luke 17:34-36}

And also His saying that on that day that He would tell many who call Him, "Lord, Lord", to depart from Him that He never knew them, because on that day, not man-know-man but only God-know-man would count. {Matthew 7:21-23}

And that was what counted for me then, and that's what has been counting for me since then, Nairaland inclusive, that I have God who is not just somewhere but with me everywhere I go.

That's why I would do or say whatever it takes to ensure that God remains with me, even if it means for no man to be with me, because that's the only thing that could count whenever it really matters.

Hence I thought it was an important lesson for all church members as such who rely on their pastors (men) but not God, to learn from that armed robbery incident. For men, even though they were pastors, couldn't help such ones when they really needed their help.

But luckily for them, they got away with their lives yet intact, but Imagine that instead it was their ship that was about to sink, or their plane that was about to crash, and even far worse, that rapture had taken place. That's how they would be left behind because all they had then was man and not God.

Therefore this is no joke, for a time would come where it's only having God that would count for anyone.

A word is enough for the wise.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Something happened to me many years ago that appeared to suggest what would happen during rapture or the day of judgment.

It was an armed robbery incident, probably carried out by cultists, since it took place in a university campus hostel.

Now there were six of us inside the room, when the three of them with gun(s) and machete(s) came in at night, but strangely by the time they had left, they had robbed every one there except me.

And it wasn't as though they had forgotten or mistakingly done that, but it was deliberate, because after asking us to lie down, they had robbed us one by one, from the first person to the fifth person.

But when it got to my turn, being the sixth and final person, after the guy came to me, and flashed touch on my face, since it was at night and they had switched off the light, instead of telling me to stand up and go to show him my things as he had done to the other five persons before me, he just stood up and started walking sheepishly back to where his guys were to my amazement as though he had seen something strange.

And I heard when he was asked by someone who seemed to be their leader, "how about that guy", but I couldn't hear his response to know what made him do that, but it seemed to be enough explanation for his action, as it was soon after that they left the room.

And what made it even more puzzling, was that my black traveling bag was just about the first thing anyone would spot in the place the robbers had taken most of the things from, such as cash, mobile phone, cash, perfume, a pair of shoes etc., which was the wardrobe.

And inside the side pocket of that bag which was the foremost and most exposed part of that bag, there was cash which was my tithe that I hadn't yet paid. Therefore had they just decided to open it one of the times they went there with one of the other five persons, they would have also robbed me of some cash, because that was the closest money or thing in the wardrobe for them to have made away with.

But for some reason they left all the cash intact and no single thing in my bag was missing, while the other things more difficult to access in that wardrobe were being made away with, apart from my other things without my bag there which they also didn't touch.

So this was not just about me not being stood up by them, because they could have also easily robbed me without having to do that.

And even more baffling is the fact that four of us there of the six were all choir members of the same church, and we had just returned from a church service together. And while three of us were guests who came from other parts of the country for the annual church program held in the campus premises, the other one was a student of that school and our host.

But yet when during the robbery, I was the only one of the four who was separated and treated differently from the rest by the armed robbers.

It felt really awkward to be the only person of all the those inside the same room with me that wasn't robbed by the thieves, but as bad as i felt for them, there was nothing I could have done to help them, for I wasn't even the one that helped myself.

But then, when one of the four of us who had returned from church that night, instead of taking the matter up to God, started bragging about how he was going to report the robbery incident to the pastor of the church, because he would not take it lightly, and also one of the other two guys who was also a student of the school, talked about doing the same thing to his pastor, it became clear to me why despite they also being church members were treated differently from myself in that incident. It was because I was the only one in that room that was not just known by some pastor somewhere but God who was everywhere.

That eye-opening experience gave me an idea of what Jesus said would happen on the last day, when two would be together in a place and one taken, and the other left behind. {Luke 17:34-36}

And also His saying that on that day that He would tell many who call Him, "Lord, Lord", to depart from Him that He never knew them, because on that day, not man-know-man but only God-know-man would count. {Matthew 7:21-23}

And that was what counted for me then, and that's what has been counting for me since then, Nairaland inclusive, that I have God who is not just somewhere but with me everywhere I go.

That's why I would do or say whatever it takes to ensure that God remains with me, even if it means for no man to be with me, because that's the only thing that could count whenever it really matters.

Hence I thought it was an important lesson for all church members as such who rely on their pastors (men) but not God, to learn from that armed robbery incident. For men, even though they were pastors, couldn't help such ones when they really needed their help.

But luckily for them, they got away with their lives yet intact, but Imagine that instead it was their ship that was about to sink, or their plane that was about to crash, and even far worse, that rapture had taken place. That's how they would be left behind because all they had then was man and not God.

Therefore this is no joke, for a time would come where it's only having God that would count for anyone.

A word is enough for the wise.

God bless.
they ignored you because of how hungry you looked,they thought you didn't have any penny to yourself,so they didn't bother

2 Likes

Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2019
On that day it would not be man-know-man but only God-know-man!
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by LordReed(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2019
Is it that you are a thief magnet or what? Only you they thief your phone, thief your computer, thief in the day, thief in the night. Haba, na only you waka come?

Or maybe you live in really shady neighbourhoods.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 19, 2019
LordReed:
Is it that you are a thief magnet or what? Only you they thief your phone, thief your computer, thief in the day, thief in the night. Haba, na only you waka come?

Or maybe you live in really shady neighbourhoods.
Lol!

E be like say na only me dey ginger their swagger lol!

But on a more serious note, this happened over sixteen years ago, while that one of my phone just happened days ago, on Tuesday to be precise, and I already started writing this piece before that one occurred.

Each of them took place in a different geographic zone, one south the other north, and you can see this one took place within a federal university campus premises while that happened around a market.

So it certainly has nothing to do with living in shady neighborhoods.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 20, 2019
Recent developments prove why it is unwise for church members to put their trust in men.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 21, 2019
Who knows you? Your pastor (man) or God?
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 22, 2019
Your pastor (Man) cannot save you, only God can!
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
It is foolish for any man to put his trust in his fellow man.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
Have the omnipresent God with you not just an unipresent man.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2019
It is foolish to put your trust in man!
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2019
God is not man!
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by budaatum: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2019
Funny though how many seem to be asking one to put one's faith in them and not in God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRFumI2ch0

1 Like

Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by CaveAdullam: 6:07am On Oct 27, 2019
The kind of testimony I love to hear. A good message well demonstrated.

Jesusjnr nobody is against you here, what we want from you is to pay heed to corrections, listen to the views of others, do not make anyone your enemy because he or she is against your opinion, properly examine yourself under the light of God so that you can know what is right or wrong.

May the good Lord of hosts continue to make us worship Him in Spirit and in Truth through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I love you brother.

Thanks.

God bless.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 27, 2019
Woe unto that man who puts his trust in man.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 28, 2019
CaveAdullam:
The kind of testimony I love to hear. A good message well demonstrated.

Jesusjnr nobody is against you here, what we want from you is to pay heed to corrections, listen to the views of others, do not make anyone your enemy because he or she is against your opinion, properly examine yourself under the light of God so that you can know what is right or wrong.

May the good Lord of hosts continue to make us worship Him in Spirit and in Truth through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I love you brother.

Thanks.

God bless.
The fact that you would yet stress the garbage of the man's opinion in a thread which proves how inconsequential it is as opposed to that of God, shows how confused you still are.

So you really need to sort yourself out instead of worrying about me, because as you can see, your approval or opinion concerning me has no bearing on me, if not I would be as confused as you are about me.

Today you'd say that it wasn't Jesus who appeared to me, tomorrow you'd go and modify that comment. Again you'd say that the spirit in me is a deceiving spirit, another time you'd begin to say something else, so how I really take any thing you say seriously?

I know who I am and who is with me, that's why such contrary opinions of you and your spiritually blind fellows are nothing but trash to me.

You want to correct someone that you believe doesn't have the right to correct someone else, doesn't that sound ironic to you?

Please keep your corrections and your support to yourselves for I don't need it for anything. What I need I have, and that's what keep me going strong in spite of your concerted effort to discredit me.

That thread I opened that y'all my enemies saw as an opportunity to take your best shots at me was very predictable, because that was a strong reason for me not to open it for i very well knew that was gonna happen, so no surprises there. But hence i proved that when it comes to God that i could take any shit from men like you because at the level I walk with God, we are nothing but trash because it's not about us but all about God.

And that was the reason I didn't respond to any of you, even though I had began typing a strong response, because the Spirit in me said that I shouldn't, and I obeyed. That's why God doesn't play with me.

You think true humility is about humbling yourself before men, then how come there are many men that are able to do that?

Try humbling yourself before God as Jesus did, then you'd understand the difference, and why it more difficult for man to humble Himself before man than before God.

That is what distinguishes the likes of you from EnthronedbyGod, for he is led by the Spirit of God, and even if he has a contrary opinion to where he is being led by the Spirit, he ditches his, and follows that of God.

And very soon you'd know why I'm being subjected to so much attack by y'all if you are too blind to see it now, and why EnthronedbyGod also suffered because he chose not to follow the leading of his flesh but that of the Spirit concerning me.

Therefore as it concerns your love, please love God first, so that you would learn how to truly love me, for I'm wary of such love that be of men as that which Peter showed to Jesus when He told him of his imminent death, not knowing that he was actually pleasing the devil and not God.

God bless.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by CaveAdullam: 10:14am On Oct 28, 2019
jesusjnr:
The fact that you would yet stress the garbage of the man's opinion in a thread which is proves how inconsequential it is as opposed to that of God, shows how confused you still are.

So you really need to sort yourself out instead of worrying about me, because as you can see, your approval or opinion concerning me has no bearing on me, if not I would be as confused as you are about me.

Today you'd say that it wasn't Jesus who appeared to me, tomorrow you'd go and modify that comment. Again you'd say that the spirit in me is a deceiving spirit, another time you'd begin to say something else, so how I really take any thing you say seriously?

I know who I am and who is with me, that's why such contrary opinions of you and your spiritually blind fellows are nothing but trash to me.

You want to correct someone that you believe doesn't have the right to correct someone else, doesn't that sound ironic to you?

Please keep your corrections and your support to yourselves for I don't need it for anything. What I need I have, and that's what keep me going strong in spite of your concerted effort to discredit me.

That thread I opened that y'all my enemies saw as an opportunity to take your best shots at me was very predictable, because that was a strong reason for me not to open it for i very well knew that was gonna happen, so no surprises there. But hence i proved that when it comes to God that i could take any shit from men like you because at the level I walk with God, we are nothing but trash because it's not about us but all about God.

And that was the reason I didn't respond to any of you, even though I had began typing a strong response, because the Spirit in me said that I shouldn't, and I obeyed. That's why God doesn't play with me.

You think true humility is about humbling yourself before men, then how come there are many men that are able to do that?

Try humbling yourself before God as Jesus did, then you'd understand the difference, and why it more difficult for man to humble Himself before man than before God.

That is what distinguishes the likes of you from EnthronedbyGod, for he is led by the Spirit of God, and even if he has a contrary opinion to where he is being led by the Spirit, he ditches his, and follows that of God.

And very soon you'd know why I'm being subjected to so much attack by y'all if you are too blind to see it now, and why EnthronedbyGod also suffered because he chose not to follow the leading of his flesh but that of the Spirit concerning me.

Therefore as it concerns your love, please love God first, so that you would learn how to truly love me, for I'm wary of such love that be of men as that which Peter showed to Jesus when He told him of his imminent death, not knowing that he was actually pleasing the devil and not God.

God bless.
I didn't bother myself reading it, goodluck.

Thanks.

God bless.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 28, 2019
CaveAdullam:
I didn't bother myself reading it, goodluck.

Thanks.

God bless.
Your business.

At least you wouldn't say that you'd not gotten the garbage part, so that next time you don't bother bringing it here, but keep it in the trash can where it belongs.

Thanks.
Re: One Important Lesson For Church Members From An Armed Robbery Experience by CodeTemplar: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2019
Lol...God delivered you from persecution and so you think u r above apostle Paul who suffered. Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Feminism Is Evil! By David J. Stewart / Here Is Why It's Very Important To Believe In JESUS CHRIST / I Need A Seer! Am So Depressed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.