Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust (32860 Views)

Predictions For 2020 Obaseki Loses Re-election,lawan Gets Impeached As Wike Deca / Orji Kalu’s Children Meet Ahmad Lawan, Senate President (Photos) / Ahmad Lawan Reveals His Salary, Says No “Jumbo Pay” For Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by bigjj: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2019
And those people would now be a cog in the wheel of FIRS, restricting all form of correction because they have a godfather somewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by GGirll: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2019
I will never cry or bother myself about this idiots n their politics n votes. Thank God I am one of d 5% ers no matter how bad this jungle com shit hole becomes....I will still find a way to survive with GOD on my side.....for those shouting n claiming next level....enjoy your chains lols.
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Racoon(m): 10:02am On Oct 18, 2019
Yet the hypocrites mummified zombies of the APC govt crucified Saraki-led senate for all these same offense yet nothing has changed.Next level nepotism.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by RTSC: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2019
Highly corrupt fat fool.
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by omenka1: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2019
Very true country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by nauto5: 10:07am On Oct 18, 2019
I see the Job portal as nonsense.
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by wink2015(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2019
By Hamisu Kabir Matazu & Zahraddeen Yakubu Shuaibu

Senate President Ahmad Lawan (Yobe North) was said to have secured 26 job slots for his constituents, from the Federal Inland Revenue Service, Daily Trust exclusively gathered.

This is just as the job scandal rocking the upper chamber gets messier with senators threatening showdown over the sharing formula of the employment slots given to them by the federal agency.

Employment letters were said to have since been distributed to the beneficiaries by the Senate president.

A senator, who spoke to Daily Trust yesterday, accused Lawan of “hijacking the 26 slots without considering other senators, not even from his state.”

A youth association from Lawan’s constituency, Unity for Collective Progress Forum, yesterday said all the beneficiaries had received employment letters and were expected “to commence work in earnest”.

The association gave the breakdown of the beneficiaries’ local government areas, from Lawan’s constituency as Nguru, 5; Karasuwa, 3; Machina, 4; Bade, 7; Yusufari, 4 and Jakusko 3. The Socio-Economic Right and Accountability yesterday asked Lawan to clarify the allegations that 100 employment slots for federal agencies were allocated to 10 principal officers of the Senate.

The spokesman of the Senate president, Ola Awoniyi, neither answered several phone calls nor replied a text message sent to him last night. The spokesmen of the Federal Character Commission and the FIRS also did not answer phone calls on the issue. Speaking to Daily Trust, Chairman, Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs, Danjuma La’ah, said the committee had commenced an investigation into the alleged lopsided recruitment by some federal agencies. “I am making my investigation underneath to avoid disgracing people, “ he said.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/job-scandal-lawan-gets-26-firs-slots.html

NIGERIA IS A SCAM.

THIS IS WHY THE COUNTRY MUST BE RESTRUCTURED.

LET EACH CITIZENS OF NIGERIA GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE STATE OR REGION AND FIGHT FOR THEIR OWN STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE.

Be it jobs, political appointment, businesses etc

There is so much abuse going on at the federal level.
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by slowice(m): 10:15am On Oct 18, 2019
Nigerians ll soon forget about it and carry on like nothing happened... While these thieves ll be there forming patriotic

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by pawesome(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2019
So in order words,they are not voicing it out at the expense of Nigerians but because it didnt reach them (the other senators)...this is the purest form of greed
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by emkz: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2019
This is how recruitment into the federal civil service, CBN, NNPC and FIRS always works. No one would resign, the story would die. Until we develop strong institutions and emphasize merit in recruitment, this bullcrap would continue.

Congratulations to the appointees though. Na una time, make una dey enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Collins87: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2019
This is not new. The Senate & house of Reps members are given slots daily. This one only got to be heard. It since disgusting.
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by ibietela2(m): 10:35am On Oct 18, 2019
And he wants us to pray harder
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Uzosaint(m): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2019
Nothing go still happen(at least he remembered his constituents wat of those that forgot or has forgotten theirs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by ufotty2001: 10:39am On Oct 18, 2019
this is unfair. am a chartered accountant my dream job is to work has a tax supervisor in FIRS or a staff in firs but i have been reject thousand times anytime they publish for jobs

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Heineken(m): 10:42am On Oct 18, 2019
This country isn't worth it... Very useless leaders. All they Want to do is to amass massively. They don't really care about us... May thunder fire all of them... God patient Sha.
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by vivalavida(m): 10:49am On Oct 18, 2019
Dozie32:
Nawa ooh!! Another tanker explosion in onistsha again

There is a thread for that. Face the issue at hand and stop this useless diversionary tactic
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by thundafire: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
This is not new.....lucrative jobs in this country are shared among big men....nnpc,shell,central bank e.t.c
u dey call central bank no go der
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by ibietela2(m): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2019
Officialgarri:
We heard that he acquired 26 plots for his constituency, but I tell you it's a very big lie.
Yes, it might be officially 26, but do you think the job will be given to an average citizen from a particular constituency? The answer is NO.

The jobs are still for those rich kids living in Abuja but are from his district.

I can see some people tagging "Buhari". What has he got to do with this again? Did he share the slots or has he ever come out to vouch for everyone in APC?

Kano state governor
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by four4: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2019
But they will be deceiving the rest of to come and be sweeping road and doing vigilante
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by hope4nigeria(m): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2019
teadrake:
What a useless and shithole country!!!!!
and the members of the community where their salaries are coming from are badly poor, in the next 3years, those beneficiary will call me the real hustler poor nigga. These lucky bastards having enjoy government cake for 35yrs, they will still be the one to come and rule over them useless people. I can now conveniently saying no more hope for Nigeria. Nigeria is an hopeless country.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Advocate500: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2019
jaxxy:
This is the corruption we are talking about. B4 we rationalize this if senate president gets this then others are definitely get theirs so what happens to merit and the masses? Npower right?

How can the senate uphold fairness if they are perpetrating this kind of acts. 26 slot not even 3. This is corruption. Let’s be reasonable. Let the senate be reasonable.
from their comments u will know them,Buhari supporters is difficult for u guys to make sense with ur comments.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by cronsberg: 11:10am On Oct 18, 2019
God knows i have bitterly learned my lesson for making the mistake of ever having faith in this country, i regret believing in this country's future. i used to be very determined and was even working hard to leave nija for good, but somehow abandoned my plans and started believing in this crap country. i would have escaped this mess by now. but my determination has just been re-activated now. this mess of a country can never get better

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by jaxxy(m): 11:20am On Oct 18, 2019
Advocate500:
from their comments u will know them,Buhari supporters is difficult for u guys to make sense with ur comments.

Who is Buhari’s supporters? Then who are u supporting Atiku? I don’t support any particular Person. I’m just trying to be reasonable or practical. If u have issues with Buhari that’s up to you. I only have problem with bad governance. Nothing personal here.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by kokoA(m): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2019
At least he even remember his constituents, others will share it for their children, nieces, nephews, cousins, side chicks, in-laws and friends. Naija for you.. Smh.
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by IGBOSON1: 11:50am On Oct 18, 2019
Angelfrost:

Save your tears... Majority of Nigerians are satisfied with these imbeciles in power...

This is why I have little or no sympathy or empathy for my fellow countrymen when issues arise.

Exactly!

All of them are shedding crocodile tears b’cos it’s not them enjoying the corrupt benefits! They all know what to do to force the hands of the bastards holding this country to ransom, but wouldn’t go to there either b’cos they waiting for their own turn or they feel any seismic change in the polity would see their ethnicity/region holding the short end of the stick!

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Airoflaw(m): 11:51am On Oct 18, 2019
What happened to #change begin with you # fake people everywhere
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by GeneralPula: 11:59am On Oct 18, 2019
Lovexme:

I've got a new and boxed iPhone XR 64GB for sale at 210k

Can I see pictures?
Where you at?
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by chozzy: 12:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sad
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by 24kmagic: 12:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
This isn't new na. It will continue for as long as Nigeria is a country.

Nigeria as a country is cursed, people need to know that.

If you are an average Nigerian like me, just hustle and leave this country.

You mustn't go to all those western countries. You can go there if you have the means but just leave Nigeria.

Even if it's Rwanda, just comot for this country abeg. Try as much as possible to get another passport for your kids. Your children don't deserve to be birthed here. Nigeria is cursed beyond redemption.

I don't even have an international passport yet, but I'm seriously hoping that 2023 will not meet me here.

Nigeria is in serious trouble and the only solution is for us to either split into four countries or be recolonized.

Even if Nigeria splits into two, there will still be problem between the igbos and the Yorubas and there will also be problem between middle belt and core north.

One way or the other, Nigeria needs to split into many countries, we are too diverse to be one people. Not even restructuring will save Nigeria as the hatred for one another is just too much.

I just cannot stop regretting that I'm a citizen of this shit hole.

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by renewable1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok

Get 8 hours electricity daily with our unique 1kva solar power system. Check my signature now
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by leisuretym: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2019
and some persons are wasting their time to apply for the job slot our senators have shared among themselves

what a country.
Re: Ahmad Lawan ‘Gets’ 26 FIRS Slots - Daily Trust by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
24kmagic:
This isn't new na. It will continue for as long as Nigeria is a country.

Nigeria as a country is cursed, people need to know that.

If you are an average Nigerian like me, just hustle and leave this country.

You mustn't go to all those western countries. You can go there if you have the means but just leave Nigeria.

Even if it's Rwanda, just comot for this country abeg. Try as much as possible to get another passport for your kids. Your children don't deserve to be birthed here. Nigeria is cursed beyond redemption.

I don't even have an international passport yet, but I'm seriously hoping that 2023 will not meet me here.

Nigeria is in serious trouble and the only solution is for us to either split into four countries or be recolonized.

Even if Nigeria splits into two, there will still be problem between the igbos and the Yorubas and there will also be problem between middle belt and core north.

One way or the other, Nigeria needs to split into many countries, we are too diverse to be one people. Not even restructuring will save Nigeria as the hatred for one another is just too much.

I just cannot stop regretting that I'm a citizen of this shit hole.
With the latest discoveries and with the crops of these heartless and selfish rulers, I am with you at the boldest.......Bro do Rwanda require a visa, I heard that country is very OK now,tell me about Rwanda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji Kalu, Lawan, Gbajabiamila, Boss Mustapha Hold Private Meeting (Photos) / Army Raids Imo Communities, Arrests Youths, Residents Over IPOB, ESN Membership / SSS Nabs Suspected Sponsor Of 486 Boko Haram Suspects Arrested In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.