Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha (40821 Views)

Gridlock As Diesel-loaded Tanker Falls On Lagos-ibadan Road (pics) / Fuel Tanker Explodes At Mechanic Workshop In Anambra, Welder Killed (Photos) / Panic As Tanker Falls At Otedola, Lagos. Motorists On The Run (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by mindtricks: 9:51am On Oct 18, 2019
Neoteny:

How does one prepare for "unforeseen circumstances" if the circumstances can't be foreseen?

Even advanced countries with all their forecasting technology can't foresee earthquakes and storms early enough to prevent disaster. You think the US is happy that wildfires destroy lives and property?

You people think government is made up of magicians and wizards......

Isn't it foolish ranking natural disasters (earthquakes, storm) as same with completely avoidable man-made Tanker accidents?
Nigerians are so quick shirk responsibility and resort to excuses for things that are very much within their control rather than own up.

Frankly speaking (not just thinking), Nigerian governments are made up a bunch of corrupt, failures, never-do-wells, the worst crop of people the nation can ever have as leaders.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by chikwasoloye(m): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2019
frankmoney:
There nothing like deliberate attacks here . Has anyone bothered to ask if the roads in anambra are in good condition or if they have good traffic laws in place ?

Those road are 100 percent ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by chubbygal(f): 9:53am On Oct 18, 2019
First they closed border, confiscate cars and other good in our various shops and car stands, close our only airport, militarize our states and now systematically burning down our people and our means of livelihood. This is invasion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by tiswell(m): 9:54am On Oct 18, 2019
frankmoney:
There nothing like deliberate attacks here . Has anyone bothered to ask if the roads in anambra are in good condition or if they have good traffic laws in place ?
The enugu /Onitsha express road is very good and smooth,besides the accident happened around 2:15am,right in front of bessoy filling station. Thankfully,only some parts of the filling station got affected,while the PMS product flown through underground drainage into the other side of the road and burnt houses and cars,but no lives were lost.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by EdiskyHarry: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2019
we will disregard recklessness, carelessness and faulty roads and rather assign the blame to unimportant things
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by muteki: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2019
Poor state of roads in Anambra state is the root cause, no adequate safety laws in place to minimize such happenings. Imagine no fire trucks in the whole of Onitsha and our people are comfortable doing business there. No one is considering safety no plan is in place for such circumstances, I went to Upper Works and I was not comfortable at all because of potential hazards everywhere. It's not an attack, the state government has failed his people period. Sometimes I wonder if our Eastern government receive funds from FG and if they do what do dey use it for? Look at Aba to PHC no road and if something happens IPOB will tag it terrorist attack. Our people should just go back to the board and find out what we are missing. Biafra is not the solution, a changed mindset is the solution.
jaxxy:
Are we sure this tankers stuff is not intentional? This needs to be investigated. Smtn isn’t right.

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Nwaonyishi69: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2019
Now you could see why IPOB was not entirely wrong. Onye ndi iro gbara gburu gburu chebe ndu ya nche, nihi na onodu Ugo adighi Egbe nma.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by muteki: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2019
May God give them the heart to bear the loss. There's life, there's hope. But the mindset of average Nigerian has to change if we are to achieve anything as a people.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by muteki: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2019
Nwaonyishi69:
Now you could see why IPOB was not entirely wrong. Onye ndi iro gbara gburu gburu chebe ndu ya nche, nihi na onodu Ugo adighi Egbe nma.

IPOB was entirely wrong to leverage on this is pure wickedness and unacceptable.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by winterfell007(m): 10:05am On Oct 18, 2019
NIGHTMAREOO7:

I don't think you are igbo though, it looks like attack.. You don't expect some one to come out and agree it's attack

Because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm not Igbo. That is my state of Origin, mind you. I'm from Adazi Nnukwu clan of Aniocha Local Government area in Anambra State.
You better learn to reason objectively not sentimentaly

1 Like

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 18, 2019
Domclem:
Bad Roads is the causes of this accidents up and down.

It is 99% human error.

2 Likes

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by dukeprince50: 10:10am On Oct 18, 2019
ikwedim:
IPOB said its a terror attack and we don't seems to believe. We are watching
Its not a terror attack, the roads ain't good, Tanks fall everyday in Nigeria, it was unfortunate the the first tank claimed lives so it got to the public, two weeks ago, a tanker got burnt here in port Harcourt and no one heard because fire fighters fought the fire and no live or property was lost, If only Anambra has such, you probably won't hear the first news. Its a pity such an industrious state has not even a single fire extinguisher
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2019
Nwaonyishi69:

Must we leverage on other people's misfortunes just to actualize our dreams? Nobody understands the word "compassion" anymore in Nigeria.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Rejoice5000(f): 10:25am On Oct 18, 2019
Hia!na their new method?
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by SKINDOGGY: 10:26am On Oct 18, 2019
Both first and second incidents scene road are well tarred is like u don't watch d video. All those tanker driver are just reckless driving as if dem be demi gods spits
Ebonygirl1:
shocked Ahn ahn
Is onitcha under attack or what? This shit is getting out of hand. Nowadays riding in buses or boarding okadas scare me cos these big trailers and tankers will just be swaying on the bad roads as if they want to crush you. We need more safety laws.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by kutashi: 10:26am On Oct 18, 2019
tamonokare:
The thing is beginning to look like a terror attack.
I can feel it! You have received the madness signal from your IPOB master Cownu
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by AgentNairaland(f): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2019
Is Like Association Of Village People Dey Vex For Biafra Region
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by henrypsexy(m): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2019

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by BeautifulMind2: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2019
muteki:
Poor state of roads in Anambra state is the root cause, no adequate safety laws in place to minimize such happenings. Imagine no fire trucks in the whole of Onitsha and our people are comfortable doing business there. No one is considering safety no plan is in place for such circumstances, I went to Upper Works and I was not comfortable at all because of potential hazards everywhere. It's not an attack, the state government has failed his people period. Sometimes I wonder if our Eastern government receive funds from FG and if they do what do dey use it for? Look at Aba to PHC no road and if something happens IPOB will tag it terrorist attack. Our people should just go back to the board and find out what we are missing. Biafra is not the solution, a changed mindset is the solution.
Some of you are ignorant tell me which part we have poor state of road the place the incident happened
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by starbuck(f): 10:39am On Oct 18, 2019
Another tanker fell at Agulu this morning
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Neoteny(m): 10:45am On Oct 18, 2019
mindtricks:

Isn't it foolish ranking natural disasters (earthquakes, storm) as same with completely avoidable man-made Tanker accidents?
Nigerians are so quick shirk responsibility and resort to excuses for things that are very much within their control rather than own up.

Frankly speaking (not just thinking), Nigerian governments are made up a bunch of corrupt, failures, never-do-wells, the worst crop of people the nation can ever have as leaders.

So in your flawed worldview a car accident is man-made? So why do we call them "accidents"?

Accident is the very definition of unforeseen.

And there are those who argue that weather anomalies are the results of man's activities. Isn't that what the whole hullabaloo about climate change is about?

Natural disasters such as earthquakes are accidents of nature, involving rogue tectonic plates.

Tankers driving on roads is a very normal thing, an expected thing, even.

But tankers getting into an accident is most certainly NOT man-made, as I can bet you neither the tanker driver, the owner, or the victims planned deliberately for it to happen.

Thus.....an accident. Unforeseen.

In the same advanced societies I mentioned,accidents do happen.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Jamesilvar(m): 10:46am On Oct 18, 2019
Beginning to wonder whether onitsh is under attack undecided undecided
God protect us all.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by somehow: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2019
If you think its a terror attack then you should point your fingers to IPOB

I believe it the drivers were not igbos, the media space would have been filled with their names
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:49am On Oct 18, 2019
tamonokare:
okay! i thought i was the only one.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Nwaonyishi69: 10:49am On Oct 18, 2019
This can't be just another accident.
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by ikdaddy01(m): 10:54am On Oct 18, 2019
I am just thinking in the line of thought of terrorism or that kain thing.
Good roads in all the tanker scenes
Not even a pothole

No collision with any vehicle
No brake failure
Three petrol tanker incidents
The first one driver ran to army barracks
Someone come let's think in different directions...that's how we do in FBI
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Ebonygirl1(f): 10:56am On Oct 18, 2019
SKINDOGGY:
Both first and second incidents scene road are well tarred is like u don't watch d video. All those tanker driver are just reckless driving as if dem be demi gods spits
I was talking about how I feel in my own environment Oga ...not the state of the roads in Onitsha. Can't you read?
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Kordor: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2019
Bad roads are the main cause

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by NMotorwerks: 11:23am On Oct 18, 2019
Lawlessness

Disobedient to traffic rules

Hemp Smoking

Drunk Driving
and
Careless Driving

All Behavior Problems, avoidable and man made DUMMY

Neoteny:

So in your flawed worldview a car accident is man-made? So why do we call them "accidents"?

Accident is the very definition of unforeseen.

And there are those who argue that weather anomalies are the results of man's activities. Isn't that what the whole hullabaloo about climate change is about?

Natural disasters such as earthquakes are accidents of nature, involving rogue tectonic plates.

Tankers driving on roads is a very normal thing, an expected thing, even.

But tankers getting into an accident is most certainly NOT man-made, as I can bet you neither the tanker driver, the owner, or the victims planned deliberately for it to happen.

Thus.....an accident. Unforeseen.

In the same advanced societies I mentioned,accidents do happen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Best9000(m): 11:24am On Oct 18, 2019
frankmoney:
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Best9000(m): 11:25am On Oct 18, 2019
frankmoney:

the road is very smooth and free
Re: Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha by Ogegod87: 11:25am On Oct 18, 2019
tamonokare:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gold, Platinum And Diamonds Worth ₦136b Falls Out Of Russian Plane / I Want To Give Birth In Us / My Very Ugly Experience With Cross Country Transport. Pictures attached!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.