Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,421,640 members, 5,432,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 February 2020 at 07:18 AM

THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES (8206 Views)

How To Check If Your Iphone Is New Or Refurbished / Man Who Bought 'Refurbished' Phone From Jumia Cries Out / Intrested buyer contact for Refurbished 4G Phone Multi Brands with warranty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
Speaking on pre-owned phones or UK used(as its popularly known in Nigeria), most individuals considers this a cheaper and better choice/option when getting a smartphone, this is because there is a minor(sometimes huge) slash in the original price (price at which a device is launched/officially sold at) of the smartphone, sacrificing either crack,dent,accessories,retail pack, or company's warranty for the slash in price.
Moving away from that, the "UK used phone market" is mostly flooded by two major tech-world giants, Apple and Samsung, while others like Sony,google,HTC,lg, and more unmentioned follows.
In this post am going to tell you the best brand to consider/go for when looking for a UK used phone.
A brand that offers more for less, that gives you more value for your money, and the name of that brand is LG.
LG isn't perfect tho, neither is any brand, one of the major aspect where they do flop is in the marketing of their device to the public, and also due to the bootloop issue faced on the lg g4 and v10(most snapdragon 808 device) it made them lose market shares to other OEMs thereby making the brand unloved/underrated. That doesn't mean they do make low/substandard phones, NO. In fact they were the first to introduce optical image stabilization(OIS) on a smartphone with the lg g2(the early starter of the bezelless race), first to also introduce the use of ultrawide angle lens and first to use Android nougat(7.0) on smartphones with the lg g5 and v20 respectively in 2016. In fact lg makes phones of high standard, but they are quickly overshadowed by competition/marketing from other OEM,thereby making the lg phone lose its value quicker than Expected. Pre-owned LG smartphone costs far less than half their launched/initial price, for instance the lg g5 was launched at $700 in 2016, but you can now get a pre-used for less than $90, meanwhile Samsung s7edge and iPhone 7/plus launched at similar price sells for between $150-250 depending on the device's condition. Not insinuating that the lg g5 was a bad device, it was better in many aspects that the s7 and iPhone 7 during its time especially in camera and other departments. Lg smartphones are usually built to last, durable and packs lot of features than its competition; from having strong build quality(metal,aluminum, corning gorrila glass), to being waterproof, to QUAD-dac audio features and lot more.
Also Lg do support their smartphones(esp. Flagships) with software updates for at least 2years, but they re slow in the distribution of updates,for instance the lg v30 and lg g6 got the pie update last september, but nevertheless, no matter how long it takes, you will still receive updates. Well, almost all if not all lg devices are underrated and they suffer the low-price syndrome, but that's goodnews, because you can get a lot of good feature at a relatively low price. Below is a short price(current) list of some UK used lg devices in Nigeria, you can Google up their specifications on gsmarena
Lg g4 15-25k
Lg g5 25-35k
Lg g6 30-50k
Lg g7 50-70k
Lg g8 70-120k
Lg v10 25-30k
Lg v20 28-45k
Lg v30 40-55k
Lg v30+ 40-70k
Lg v35 70-85k
Lg v40 70-100k
PS: price varies according to Physical condition and variant
Aliexepress currently has the best deals for g4,g6, g7,v10 & v20
So, what do you guys think?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
**November 23 2019 Update**
Another phone brand to consider when searching for a OEM refurbished or uk used phone is "SONY XPERIA". This sony flagship series comes with a lot of cool features like water/dust proofing, high-res camera, 5-axis Gyro-eis for a very-well stabilized video recording(xz and up),durable battery life and design, with a reasonable 2year system update scheme.
their phones currently sells for dirt cheap prices on aliexpress now,
For example, you can get the;
Sony xperia z1 for N19,000
z3 compact for N20,000
Z3 for N23,000
Z5 & compact for N30,000
Xz for N35,000(single sim) and N40,000(dual sim)
Xzs for N50,000
Xz1 for N 65,000
And lot of other cool deals found on aliexpress

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
hayjhay:
This is a thread for LG...
Whether you used an LG device in the past or
That is your current phone
Tell us your experience and if LG products is your fav kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Jake420: 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2019
Any there with a sd835 and water resistance?
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by DesChyko(m): 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2019
I would advise anyone going for G-series to buy T-mobile variants if you would like to 'root' your phone someday.

Other carriers, especially Verizon do not unlock their bootloaders, which means rooting is IMPOSSIBLE.

Some G-series, although advanced, also come with removable batteries which makes replacement easy.

I still prefer Samsung devices, but I have never been disappointed by LG either.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Jake420: 8:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
Jesus do you know where i can get g8 for 70k

1 Like

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Jake420: 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
Mesach you madman i just checked and the v30 is amazing these are amazing phones for cheap prices thanks for the enlightenment.
I saw cracked v30 for 50k and i was laughing cause it's a steal thanks a lot my guy
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Lawrencestix(m): 12:46am On Oct 19, 2019
I neeed d g4,where can i get it?
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by TheGameYard(m): 12:54am On Oct 19, 2019
Bro Sense won't leave you in Jesus name.
People don't Know the beauty of LG phones. I'm using a LG G5 a d I conveniently use it for street photography and even fly drones. It's got great screen resolution. I'm saving up to exchange it for a G6 or 7. LG makes God phones I swear The picture below was taken and edited on my G5
MeshachMARTINS:
Speaking on pre-owned phones or UK used(as its popularly known in Nigeria), most individuals considers this a cheaper and better choice/option when getting a smartphone, this is because there is a minor(sometimes huge) slash in the original price (price at which a device is launched/officially sold at) of the smartphone, sacrificing either crack,dent,accessories,retail pack, or company's warranty for the slash in price.
Moving away from that, the "UK used phone market" is mostly flooded by two major tech-world giants, Apple and Samsung, while others like Sony,google,HTC,lg, and more unmentioned follows.
In this post am going to tell you the best brand to consider/go for when looking for a UK used phone.
A brand that offers more for less, that gives you more value for your money, and the name of that brand is LG.
LG isn't perfect tho, neither is any brand, one of the major aspect where they do flop is in the marketing of their device to the public, and also due to the bootloop issue faced on the lg g4 and v10(most snapdragon 808 device) it made them lose market shares to other OEMs thereby making the brand unloved/underrated. That doesn't mean they do make low/substandard phones, NO. In fact they were the first to introduce optical image stabilization(OIS) on a smartphone with the lg g2(the early starter of the bezelless race), first to also introduce the use of ultrawide angle lens and first to use Android nougat(7.0) on smartphones with the lg g5 and v20 respectively in 2016. In fact lg makes phones of high standard, but they are quickly overshadowed by competition/marketing from other OEM,thereby making the lg phone lose its value quicker than Expected. Pre-owned LG smartphone costs far less than half their launched/initial price, for instance the lg g5 was launched at $700 in 2016, but you can now get a pre-used for less than $90, meanwhile Samsung s7edge and iPhone 7/plus launched at similar price sells for between $150-250 depending on the device's condition. Not insinuating that the lg g5 was a bad device, it was better in many aspects that the s7 and iPhone 7 during its time especially in camera and other departments. Lg smartphones are usually built to last, durable and packs lot of features than its competition; from having strong build quality(metal,aluminum, corning gorrila glass), to being waterproof, to QUAD-dac audio features and lot more.
Also Lg do support their smartphones(esp. Flagships) with software updates for at least 2years, but they re slow in the distribution of updates,for instance the lg v30 and lg g6 got the pie update last september, but nevertheless, no matter how long it takes, you will still receive updates. Well, almost all if not all lg devices are underrated and they suffer the low-price syndrome, but that's goodnews, because you can get a lot of good feature at a relatively low price. Below is a short price(current) list of some UK used lg devices in Nigeria, you can Google up their specifications on gsmarena
Lg g4 15-20k
Lg g5 20-35k
Lg g6 35-50k
Lg g7 50-70k
Lg g8 70-120k
Lg v10 30-35k
Lg v20 35-45k
Lg v30 45-55k
Lg v30+ 55-70k
Lg v35 70-85k
Lg v40 85-100k
PS: price varies according to Physical condition and variant

So, what do you guys think?

7 Likes

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Jake420: 6:55am On Oct 19, 2019
This guy made me realize how lg is underrated.
LG v40 camera in YouTube vids every single one beat mate 20 pro,pixel 3 and note 9 pics in almost everything it's super bright isn't good as night sight but apart from that it destroyed.
In nairaland here you can bring out 40-50k get v30 with sd835, ip68, quad dac, 2k oled screen.
Instead of buying s7 same price lower specs or rn7 higher price lower specs again.
Thanks for the info martins

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by DesChyko(m): 7:14am On Oct 19, 2019
Lawrencestix:

Alaba Int'l.
There is this guy on jiji Uzobeth Communications but I call him Uzo. His number is there even. He sells UK used devices. I've never had a complaint since doing business with him 2009 till date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Lawrencestix(m): 7:19am On Oct 19, 2019
DesChyko:

Alaba Int'l.
There is this guy on jiji Uzobeth Communications but I call him Uzo. His number is there even. He sells UK used devices. I've never had a complaint since doing business with him 2009 till date.
he does home delivery?
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by DesChyko(m): 8:30am On Oct 19, 2019
Lawrencestix:

he does home delivery?

Waybill, maybe, but I don't know about home delivery as a shop owner. I buy from him directly in his shop. I prefer to check out his current stock so going there is a better alternative.

I resell in my homezone.
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Catchfirez: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2019
Us Use LG V30

Screen Size: 6.0

Ram : 4gb

Storage: 64gb

Dual 16mp camera

4G LTE

Battery: 3300mah

Updated to Latest Android Pie

Price: 55, 000 Naira Only

Call/whatsapp on my Signature.
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Jake420: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
DesChyko:

Waybill, maybe, but I don't know about home delivery as a shop owner. I buy from him directly in his shop. I prefer to check out his current stock so going there is a better alternative.

I resell in my homezone.
Do you know his price range for certain phones?
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by DesChyko(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
Jake420:

Do you know his price range for certain phones?
You'ld have to ask him yourself o.
He's on Whatsapp.

Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Investnownow: 3:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
Great piece for LG phones but I bet you really don't want to buy something that will lose value in a short time.

In other news, I bring good tidings to you.
You can also get a discount on some of these phones:

New Arrivals US/UK used

Samsung:
*S6* - #33000
*S7* - #38500
*S7edge* - #56000
*S8* - #70000
*S8+* - #79000
*S10* - #197000
*S10+* - #217000
*NOTE 8* - #92500
*NOTE9* - #157000

BRAND NEW PHONES

*SAMSUNG A30* - #71000
*INFINIX S4* - #54500
*TECNO CAMON 12* - #57000
*TECNO CAMON 12PRO* - #66000

IPHONES

*6(16GB)* - #40000
*6S+(64GB)* - #82000
*7(32GB)* - #76000
*7+(32GB)* - #117000
*8* - #130000
*8+* - #173000
*X(64GB)* - #217000
*XR(64GB)* - #227000

FOR EXPRESS DELIVERY/WAYBILL/SHOP ADDRESS:
Call/WhatsApp
09064251486(UCHE-GLOBAL).
...Best Prices/warranty you can trust.

Spread the good news
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MeshachMARTINS(m): 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
TheGameYard:
People don't Know the beauty of LG phones. I'm using a LG G5 a d I conveniently use it for street photography and even fly drones. It's got great screen resolution. I'm saving up to exchange it for a G6 or 7. LG makes God phones I swear The picture below was taken and edited on my G5
have you installed gcam on your g5? If you haven't, you are missing a lot.
Also I will advice you get the v30 when your budget gets between the g6 and g7.
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Lawrencestix(m): 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2019
DesChyko:
You'ld have to ask him yourself o. He's on Whatsapp.
his number please
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by DesChyko(m): 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
Lawrencestix:
his number please

zero eight zero three five five eight four four nine four
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MrBONE2(m): 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
TheGameYard:

Cool!
@LG G5.. Hope you are not facing bootloop issues.
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:43pm On Oct 19, 2019
MrBONE2:

Cool!
only snapdragon 808 devices(g4,v10, nexus 5x) had major bootloop issues, you only get bootloop when their is an error in flashing/tweaking process
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Lawrencestix(m): 11:21pm On Oct 19, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
only snapdragon 808 devices(g4,v10, nexus 5x) had major bootloop issues, you only get bootloop when their is an error in flashing/tweaking process
noall g4 face bootloop issue
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2019
Lawrencestix:
jumia,aliexpress(refurbished)
,amazon,eBay,(new,refurbished, used)
nairaland, computer village, any authentic UK used device store(used)
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2019
Lawrencestix:
noall g4 face bootloop issue
yea, but most of them did
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by TheGameYard(m): 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
What is A bootloop?
I said the phone never cough or get headache before
MrBONE2:

Cool!
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by TheGameYard(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
have you installed gcam on your g5? If you haven't, you are missing a lot.
Also I will advice you get the v30 when your budget gets between the g6 and g7.
Dem no suppose dey tell person that one nah....
I shoot HDR images. GCam is bae
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Lawrencestix(m): 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
jumia,aliexpress(refurbished)
,amazon,eBay,(new,refurbished, used)
nairaland, computer village, any authentic UK used device store(used)
i really dont like refurbished device.can u recommend any autenthic uk used store in computer village?
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by Lawrencestix(m): 6:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
yea, but most of them did
i would have to go g5 but the ba3 is a let down for me 2800mah as oppose to g4 3000mah screensize too g4 5:5 g5 5:3
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MrBONE2(m): 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

Thanks Bros grin
Re: THE BEST BRAND FOR REFURBISHED/USED PHONES by MrBONE2(m): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
TheGameYard:
What is A bootloop?
I said the phone never cough or get headache before

OK Bros thanks grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig / Help In Configuring Multilinks 3g Blue Broadband! / In Need Of Help With Itel 1503

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.