Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,809 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience (3879 Views)

Ever Travelled To A Village Like This ? / His Crazy Experience With A Man He Travelled With To Abuja / Who Has Travelled To Nairobi And Got His Visa On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by fm7070: 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hy All,

Has any NLander Travelled through West Africa (especially Togo, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire) with his/her car from Nigeria.

Kindly share your experience with us, especially at the border, with customs, etc.

I love Nairaland!!!!!!!
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by fm7070: 7:21pm On Nov 19, 2010
i want to go and spend the xmas in Ghana with my family. Please share this info with me if you've traveled to Ghana with your car.
Thank you
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by JeSoul(f): 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2010
You may have better luck if you post this in the Auto section smiley.
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2010
^in the Auto section, cars are being sold mostly and hardly will u find anyone who could have taken such drive. Thequestion should better answered here.
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by queenafric(f): 7:27pm On Dec 11, 2010
It is a long journey and it would be too tiring and boring for u to travel with ur own car.It takes about 10-12 hours to get to Ghana from Lagos, not to talk of the countless problems u will face at each border. I will suggest u travel thru public transport. I heard that a transport coy by the name Cross Country is good for journey to Ghana. I am not a staff of the company o, but i learnt it is real easier travelling thru them.
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2010
i also heard of chisco & ABC transport. the cost one way is not cheaper than N10,000-N15,000 for one person with/without pp, whilst airfare is between N13,000-N17,000 aero contractor whilst airbNigeria isnt less than N25,000 for around 15mins trip to gh with/without pp
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by fm7070: 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2010
Thanx for all the responses.
Personally, I think travelling through these countries will expose you to happening around these countries.
I enjoy driving and can drive 12hrs.
I have been to these countries through public transport, but I do see Nigerians travelling in their own cars.
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by chelseabmw(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2010
Then if u ve travelled b4 through public transport then there is no need for ur post
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by switdick(m): 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2010
Mehn 10-12hrs to Ghana?seriously i didnt knw that! Its not that bAd,considering th0se takin a whole day like 24hrs complete to Bornu state!
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by femmy2010(m): 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
You would have gotten much more response if posted on the auto section.
It can be great fun but make sure you all are armed with your passport and you know the way.
You and your family would enjoy it.
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by Nicols(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2010
@toba,

You're damn right. I'm presently spending my vacation in Ghana and it took me, my wife and our little baby just 32k to fly down here with earo. As at the time we left Nija, T-fare via ABC was 13k so I dont see any economical sense in travelling here by road. I cant imagine spending a whole 12 hours on the road. We actually want to feel the site of the neigbouring countries so we decided to return by road and the only way we can make it less stressful is to break the journey into two. We will stop by at Togo and lodge there for 2 days b4 travelling back to Lagos.
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by DisGuy: 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2010
I don't think the OP is looking to cut cost, just wanted to experience it and perhaps have control of the journey and can decide to stop wherever or branch whatever district take his fancy

after all some people drive from Britain to France, Belgium, Spain etc others take the Train others go by Air
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by hercules07: 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2010
@Poster

Accra is about Six hours from Lagos, the wahala is border control and the fact that you will need original importation documents for your car. It is better to go by road and return by air than vice versa, from Seme border to Mile 2 will take nothing less than 2 hours ( too many checkpoints and traffic).
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by femmy2010(m): 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2010
There is so much joy going by road and the border wahala is not as worst as people see it.
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by fm7070: 8:25am On Aug 22, 2012
Dear N'Landers,
If am travelling with my car, with all documents intact; How much do I budget to pay at the borders and other places from Lagos to accra
Thx
Re: Have You Ever Travelled To Ghana With Your Car? Please Share Your Experience by remsky: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2012
For your affordable vacation homes in Accra, visit us @ www.rostechzghanavillas.com

(1) (Reply)

Aviation Security: Nigeria Gets ICAO Award / .LE / The World's Oldest Parrot Has Been Discovered At Ojapata, In Kogi State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.