Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips (26098 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Marries For The 7th Time - His 4th Marriage In 2 Months (Video) / Traditional Marriage List In Anambra / Curtis Iredia Eidenogie, The Onogie Of Ubiaja Esanland, Edo. King At Age Of 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by subtlemee(f): 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
Rubbiish:

He stated it in his post bro
Just him & his half sister

Ok sis...he said they've been far away from them not that they don't have do you now understand sis?
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by veneza(f): 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Dear Uromite/Esan people,

I will be giving out my half sister in marriage. She's uromi while I am yoruba. Same mother but different dad. We both orphans left to fend for ourselves since we were little. No family and we want to stay far away from them cuz they didn't care to take care of us.

I would appreciate if uromi/esan people can give advice on how to go about marriage rites in esan land. Traditional wedding list and the likes.

Thank you all.
It's a taboo in esan land,I have the list but I won't give out,if your carry out the function without the awareness of the head of the family oyo na your case.
It doesn't matter what conspires between the family in the past,go to uromi and do the necessary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by marca(m): 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
What a story bro. Life herself is full of wonders but let me be sincere with you pls for the sake of God. Do it the way you want it to be and leave everything to God. Esanland is totally no go area cos i served there some years ago even the indegene told me that he ll never come back home again no matter the situation. Esan people are good but there’s so much too
AssistntBoyfrnd:
Dear Uromite/Esan people,

I will be giving out my half sister in marriage. She's uromi while I am yoruba. Same mother but different dad. We both orphans left to fend for ourselves since we were little. No family and we want to stay far away from them cuz they didn't care to take care of us.

I would appreciate if uromi/esan people can give advice on how to go about marriage rites in esan land. Traditional wedding list and the likes.

Thank you all.
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Oghidi: 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
Sorry for what you past through, but dont you have a heart of forgiveness? Those family members that treated your mum when she was alive badly even not care about you and your suster, are you sure majority of them are still alive? What ever that happened then let it be bye gone and find a way out because there will be a day the man will use it against you.

Esan is my tribe ( Irrua boy)
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Rubbiish(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
subtlemee:

Ok sis...he said they've been far away from them not that they don't have do you now understand sis?
Great if he can identify with his kinsmen
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by climatic: 6:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
Big yam 35, 25 litter of palm wine , half bag of onion , one bag of salt, 25 litter of palm oil ,3 bottle of good alcoholic wine , a plate of colanut, these are the necessary items, if the lady have not given birth to a male child.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by jeff1607(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
igódö
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Seaworthy(m): 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2019
[quote author=Amenya96[/quote]

Why do Esan people need to return their wife to her people if she's late?.
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Muscholes(f): 7:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
jeff1607:

This is so me!! Am from Esan but am seriously working on my anger issue!!

how is her anger?

Esan ladies are known for their anger (e fit boil stone)

but they are also hardworking and would give their all to see the family succeed or go higher no matter what it takes, but if u take them for granted hmmmm OYO is your case
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by chanseroo(m): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
20 Big Tubers Of Yam,4 Crate Of Malt And Beer, 25litre Of Red Oil, Plenty Native Kola,25 Litre Palm Wine, One Bag Of Salt For Women,4 Bottles Of Dry Gin,4 Bottles Of Wine Alcohol Ad Non Alcohl.Bag Of Big Onions, 1Big Odegbe Goat And White Hen. Stil Make More Enquiries. Oyemen Yan Wa. Ene Yan Na Welemi Wa Ge Eke Wa Fure,oba Gha Tokpere Ise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Mypeople2(m): 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
chanseroo:
20 Big Tubers Of Yam,4 Crate Of Malt And Beer, 25litre Of Red Oil, Plenty Native Kola,25 Litre Palm Wine, One Bag Of Salt For Women,4 Bottles Of Dry Gin,4 Bottles Of Wine Alcohol Ad Non Alcohl.Bag Of Big Onions, 1Big Odegbe Goat And White Hen. Stil Make More Enquiries. Oyemen Yan Wa. Ene Yan Na Welemi Wa Ge Eke Wa Fure,oba Gha Tokpere Ise.
Thank you very much my guy . He only asked for lists and rites in Uromi but some persons were talking out of point. If you have Uromi marriage list, please send it to him. .He needs your help

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by jeff1607(m): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
Muscholes:
[/quote]

fear them o grin
Muscholes post=83285655:
[quote author=Muscholes post=83285655]

fear them o grin
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Dinobenson: 8:37pm On Oct 19, 2019
I have read through the ops write up,but did not see any mention of the intended groom.Or is his opinion on the matter not important?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by eternityk: 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
perryy:
. As an Esan man, if u don't meet family members now, in the future u and your sister MUST surely look for them. Don't argue, just mark my words. Esan no be Yoruba oooo. I told my ex wife about Esan tradition but she waved it off and went into adultery, but at the end , she knew what she saw.
What's so special about rubbish esan
What do u mean esan no be Yoruba
Rubbish, be believing in stupid superstitions
Esan no be Yoruba
See this minority
Who be esan?
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by jom28gy(m): 9:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
NwaBoy:
Un tag that stuff bish
what
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by cococandy(f): 12:56am On Oct 20, 2019
Sigh undecided
johnmattew:
just go and perform some traditional rite.. otherwise,u or ur kids could be affected.

there is a reason why mercy Johnson isn't acting romantic movies anymore...thats because she is married to an esan man.

if a man woo or toast the wife of an esan man,she is supposed to let her husband know

my mother lost his cousin some years back...the man and his son had a quarrel and his son told his dad that he isn't his father and also hauled insults at him.fews weeks after,he had an accident with no injuries.doctors did scan on him and nothing was wrong,yet he was sick..few days after he died.not up to a month after his demise,his son became sick..his mother later confessed how his son and his father had a brawl.

just last year,my mother lost his elder sister.she slept and never woke up.we all thought she died as a result of HBP....few months after her burial,a man told her son how his mother went to eat at a party in his ex-husband's home( which is forbidden)

another dangerous one is when a woman insults her husband or draw his peni.s during a fight... consequently,they could lose their kids

no matter how powerful u are ,even if u are a pastor..esan tradition doesn't respect anybody.. sometimes,I keep wondering the enforcers of this traditional laws
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by cococandy(f): 1:00am On Oct 20, 2019
The worst part is that it’s all superstitious gibberish that of course doesn’t work.

But trust them to hold onto and protect anything that helps them keep their women in a position of subjugation. Disgusting

sassysure:
So esan people are very wicked be that na.

More than half of esan people who commented had one bad experience or the other with their people.

They are still very diabolical.
Believe so much in spiritual stuffs.

Any wonder there is no development in edo state.

Useless traditional believes that does not move the people forward but retrogressive.

From what I gathered, If u are a married woman and commit adultery, u will die.
What about their married men?
Or the said tradition exempt them?

There are so many nonsense like this littered in igboland but the people came together and said enough is enough.
Although few towns are still into things like this but they too will abandon the nonsense.
Any traditional believe that rules out equality and progress is rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Acidosis(m): 2:43am On Oct 20, 2019
Did you try to find out the cause of your father and mother's death? Please do your research o, since everyone already is talking about tradition, adultery and deaths.

Better to avoid a tradition you do not understand outrightly. Don't spend the rest of your life binding and casting

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 20, 2019
cococandy:
The worst part is that it’s all superstitious gibberish that of course doesn’t work.

But trust them to hold onto and protect anything that helps them keep their women in a position of subjugation. Disgusting

My sis, naija matter don tire me honestly.
These silly traditions, patriarchal wickedness, religious crazy fellas who only love religion cos it gives them edge over women, our men constantly failing us etc. Look at what these guys are regurgitating?

So many countries had worst traditional beliefs and rites but have moved on. U only see such things in their historical dramas but Nigerians have refused to move on.
We enable them with religion cos we are so very afraid of religious repercussions than fight for our rights.

2 Likes

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Roh50(f): 7:36am On Oct 20, 2019
agbalej:
Dear OP, as has been mentioned, pls look for your sister's people and tell them about the wedding. Our list is not expensive, and you are not the proper person to give your sister out in marriage. You are not an Esan man but a Yoruba. Items collected from in-laws must be sent to her kinsmen. Its their entitlement no matter how badly they may have treated you guys... What you guys went tru is heartbreaking... However, the proper thing must be done. You may not take the wedding to uromi, go there, get the list and representatives would be sent (on your bills) to where ever the wedding is taking place to perform the marriage rites and take the marriage items back to the kinsmen. The only way to escape is to simply do "court" wedding. And move on.

Dear OP, I'm an Esan person and I simply add that this is the best advise. I will understand you or your sister not ready to look for your Uromi relatives now. In that regard, don't do any traditional marriage. Esan laws and traditions are still held high, despite our so called civilization. If you did not hold any trad or collect bride price, it will still be assumed she is not married accordingly by them, so she will not be under any threat but if you collect bride price or do any trad without her father's people, that's where the challenge will be. Let her do court marriage, pray for her as the senior brother not father o, do church marriage and let her go live with her spouse. But in future if her father's people surface or any question cropped up, the traditional marriage should be done.

But honestly the best will be to look for her father's people now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Favor99(m): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2019
midehi2:

grin

I am just finding courage to laugh, i just lost my dad yesterday, everyone still grieving, have been playing games, other things to stop thinking about my dad, i want to rest my swollen eyes, can i even stop cry cry cry cry

God loves you dear. Im very sorry for your loss. The Lord will always be close to you and your family. Be reassured that the Lord will be with you and bless you and comfort you.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by ResourceMan(m): 11:08am On Oct 20, 2019
chanseroo:

What concerns Esan Tradition .and Benin oba.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by ResourceMan(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2019
eternityk:

What's so special about rubbish esan
What do u mean esan no be Yoruba
Rubbish, be believing in stupid superstitions
Esan no be Yoruba
See this minority
Who be esan?
Rubbish

Esan no be yoruba ooooo
What do you mean Rubbish yoruba.
Rubbish yoruba
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by GMbuharii: 1:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
henryobinna:
Uromi?

very diabolical people.

Can't forget in a hurry my short experience in Eror-Uromi close to Uromi junction
Please share
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by midehi2(f): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
Favor99:

God loves you dear. Im very sorry for your loss. The Lord will always be close to you and your family. Be reassured that the Lord will be with you and bless you and comfort you.
Amen, thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by seuncyrus(m): 1:46am On Oct 22, 2019
I read this thread to the last page and I'm still in shock with what I've read about the esan/ uromi people . No offence , but most christians from this tribe really need to go for deliverance ....how can a tradition have such a strong hold over a person , is it really spriritual or psychological ?
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by shilz(f): 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2019
wisdompeters35:
Oga forget about the idea ur family abandon u. In esan land family is everything. A family must Stan for u. And if her family is uromi n are aware sorry my brother no other family can stand for her. I think it is now time for forgiveness or better still the perfect time for her family to perform their rite in her life.
but this same family didn't STAN for them when it was necessary.
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 10, 2021
johnmattew:
just go and perform some traditional rite.. otherwise,u or ur kids could be affected.

there is a reason why mercy Johnson isn't acting romantic movies anymore...thats because she is married to an esan man.

if a man woo or toast the wife of an esan man,she is supposed to let her husband know

my mother lost his cousin some years back...the man and his son had a quarrel and his son told his dad that he isn't his father and also hauled insults at him.fews weeks after,he had an accident with no injuries.doctors did scan on him and nothing was wrong,yet he was sick..few days after he died.not up to a month after his demise,his son became sick..his mother later confessed how his son and his father had a brawl.

just last year,my mother lost his elder sister.she slept and never woke up.we all thought she died as a result of HBP....few months after her burial,a man told her son how his mother went to eat at a party in his ex-husband's home( which is forbidden)

another dangerous one is when a woman insults her husband or draw his peni.s during a fight... consequently,they could lose their kids

no matter how powerful u are ,even if u are a pastor..esan tradition doesn't respect anybody.. sometimes,I keep wondering the enforcers of this traditional laws
ok
Re: Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 10, 2021
seuncyrus:
I read this thread to the last page and I'm still in shock with what I've read about the esan/ uromi people . No offence , but most christians from this tribe really need to go for deliverance ....how can a tradition have such a strong hold over a person , is it really spriritual or psychological ?
Maybe you can tell Chris oyakilome he needs deliverance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

London Notting Hill Carnival (pictures) / Chanel Chin: Oluwo Of Iwo's Wife Beautiful In Adorable Photos / Oro: Curfew To Hold Tomorrow In Ikorodu,lagos... Women To Stay Indoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.