Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today (21039 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 85th Birthday With Novelty Match (Video, Photo) / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 86th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by OneKinGuy(m): 10:25am On Oct 19, 2019
doclatom:
I'm not happy with Gowon for these reasons:

1. His role in Nigeria's civil war was ignoble. If you know, you know. He was the one who recruited the mercenaries from Niger and other neighbouring countries to finish off
Biafran civilians left untouched by the Nigerian army during the war. The mercenaries were called "GODOGODO". If you know, you know!
2. He was the one, as part of the deal in hiring the "GODOGODO" signed and sealed the agreement that the Fulani herdsmen have been using as excuse to invade Nigeria up till now. I mean the issue of grazing routes.
3. His silence as his kinsmen are being killed left, right, and center by Fulani militia/herdsmen is criminal and complicit to say the least.
4. He's the only ex head of Nigeria who's been ass-licking and bootlicking Buhari as at today. Even, Ernest Shonekan has shown more sense than him.

Anyway, I honour him on this day. Happy birthday to him. May he live long so as to personally experience the resultant horror he unleashed on hapless souls and the evil he condoned thinking it won't touch him. Amen!
Take time and watch this playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6J1OzLHamQ-jJKBo1st6QSA_x8SgMWN8

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by OneKinGuy(m): 10:27am On Oct 19, 2019
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2019
Whilst his inactions whether intentional or not in early months of his rule contributed to Igbo massacres and ultimately at least a million Igbo lives . We have forgiven and moved on and this is evidenced by Ojukwu shaking his hand decades after.

I have a feeling that he was more of a figurehead and it was more elder and bigotted Nothern generals and their evil white devil sponsors that were running the government in his early months leading up to the war.
Whether he is ultimately responsible for atrocities against Igbos, is for God to decide on judgement day.
All the above having been said, he is example of how a true stateman should conduct himself. Thief Obasanjo should learn to conduct himself in a similar manner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Meenah53(f): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2019
Congrat !!!

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by cameeeeel(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2019
Gowon got married at 35

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by RexTramadol1: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
Jabioro:
Who told you so..Go back to history analysis..to see how his mumu was graded..Awolowo were the brain behind..

I'm Yoruba too, but Awolowo was working under him

He takes the credit for accepting Awo's advice

2 Likes

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Jabioro: 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
RexTramadol1:

I'm Yoruba too, but Awolowo was working under him
Yes you're correct

He takes the credit for accepting Awo's advice

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by BlackIP: 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
BlackDonald:
grin grin

Happy Birthday Sir

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Sufisunni: 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
the best head of states Nigeria ever had. Happy birthday my hero
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You don't need to ask, his records are there.
with all due respect my good man, I want you to understand that this man is a Holy man. And at such he should not be judged unfairly by any soul.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 7:23am On Oct 20, 2019
eternityk:
This guy no want die?
Na You won kill am?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by juman(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2019
One nigeria is a failure.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 20, 2019
bolaino:
with all due respect my good man, I want you to understand that this man is a Holy man. And at such he should not be judged unfairly by any soul.

Gowon....holy man?

Are you for real?

I think you just lost it..

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by oyatz(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2019
Just watch as 'Shidren of hatred' will descend on this thread.

bolaino:
Sir it is with great humility and Respect that I wish you a Happy Birthday, and I wish you Good Health Long Life and Prosperity. there can never be a Man Like you in this world sir. you are a A Legend and your name will never be forgotten forever. Thank You Sir.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Gowon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsUBCHdZwQ
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by oyatz(m): 8:58am On Oct 20, 2019
Happy weekend to you too.
Try and be selling Nigerian made shirts, boxers, singlets,wrapper and other wears

Kendumazy:
Happy birthday sir. Happy weekend to everyone!

I sell UK Men's shirts. Check my signature below for more details.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 10:50am On Oct 20, 2019
OneKinGuy:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
THE GREAT UNITER

To all those who still hate Gowon, Take time and watch all these video in this playlist,
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6J1OzLHamQ-jJKBo1st6QSA_x8SgMWN8
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 10:55am On Oct 20, 2019
oyatz:
Happy weekend to you too.
Try and be selling Nigerian made shirts, boxers, singlets,wrapper and other wears

LoL
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 10:56am On Oct 20, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Gowon....holy man?

Are you for real?

I think you just lost it..
Yes he is a Man Of God a Visionary of all Time.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by bolaino(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2019
GenBuhari:
Whilst he is inactions whether intentional or not in early months of his rule contributed to Igbo massacres and ultimately at least a million Igbo lives . We have forgiven and moved on and this is evidenced by Ojukwu shaking his hand decades after.

I have a feeling that he was more of a figurehead and it was more elder and bigotted Nothern generals and their evil white devil sponsors that were running the government in his early months leading up to the war.
Whether he is ultimately responsible for atrocities against Igbos, is for God to decide on judgement day.
All the above having been said, he is example of how a true stateman should conduct himself. Thief Obasanjo should learn to conduct himself in a similar manner.
Thank you very much
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 20, 2019
bolaino:
Yes he is a Man Of God a Visionary of all Time.

I must remind you that Gowon is a war criminal, murderer, a genocidist.

Today Adolf Hitler is not celebrated because he is evil, murderer.

On no account should any right thinking person celebrate Gowon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Women's Wing Hold Rally At Onikan Stadium, Lagos / Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda / Aregbesola Inspects Ongoing Projects In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.