Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege (19728 Views)

We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu / Jonathan Vatsa: Buhari’s Body Language Fuels Tension In South-East, South-West / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by SalemCiti: 5:42am On Oct 19, 2019
An All Progressives Congress chief in Niger State, Jonathan Vatsa, has said the emergence of Nigeria’s President from the South-East in 2023 is a right and not a privilege.

Addressing journalists in Minna, Niger State capital on Friday, Vatsa, who is a former Niger State commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, said every well-meaning Nigerian, good Christian and Muslim must support a President of Nigeria of South-East extraction.

“If Nigerians have conscience, equity and justice demand that they should allow the Igbo to produce the next President in 2023.

“I am convinced that the Igbo have made their consultations from the North, South and the majority of them are in support of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction.”

He expressed displeasure that some politicians from the North had called for the cancelation of rotational presidency between the North and South for what they termed meritocracy.

Vatsa said Ndigbo were highly detribalised and could be found in the remotest villages in Nigeria, living peacefully and doing their businesses and paying taxes.

He condemned the Arewa agitation for power to remain in the north, saying, “A lot of Arewa officials have been speaking that power should remain in the North as if it is their birthright; Nigeria belong to all of us and it is bigger than what we think it is. In the spirit of fairness, if we really want to be together, the Igbo should be given a chance in 2023.

“Apart from the time of Dr Nnamdi Azikwe and General Aguiyi Ironsi, we have never had Igbo President; so the Igbo should rise up and take what is due to them. The northerners are ready to support them and I am calling on the Igbo to speak with one voice if they must win in 2023. They must come together and forget their differences.”

He however warned that the Igbo should watch out for those who would collect money either from the north or South-West to sell their conscience, adding that the Igbo man should not be treated as second citizens in Nigeria.

Source:https://punchng.com/igbo-presidency-a-right-not-privilege-vatsa/

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by oyin44: 5:51am On Oct 19, 2019
Civil war part 3 movie coming out soon ...watch out.unity in one camp, secession for other

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:59am On Oct 19, 2019
So many idiots in nairaland will start shouting what do Igbos want? President or Biafra.

A lot of Nigerians are useless I swear. In a country where everyone is dying of hunger, tribalism and sentiment will not allow us fight together to demand a better welfare.

Look at demonstrations in Iraq, in Ecuador, in everywhere where the masses are stampeded.

In Nigeria, we sell our collective demand to nepotism. If my person is there, I keep quiet. As if he even know u. Shame

128 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:04am On Oct 19, 2019
This guy can only talk on the behalf of Niger state, we core northerners reject nysmuri flat.heads with total rejection!!

They most get it through chest-beating and wailing, I'll love to see how far their threats will take them in 2023

Second class citizens can't govern this state, at least not for now..even minority seat dey hard dem for PDP! grin cheesy

34 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Rubbystar: 6:07am On Oct 19, 2019
All will be well.

You want see salt. See my signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Commentor: 6:13am On Oct 19, 2019
SpecialAdviser:
So many idiots in nairaland will start shouting what do Igbos want? President or Biafra.

A lot of Nigerians are useless I swear. In a country where everyone is dying of hunger, tribalism and sentiment will not allow us fight together to demand a better welfare.

Look at demonstrations in Iraq, in Ecuador, in everywhere where the masses are stampeded.

In Nigeria, we sell our collective demand to nepotism. If my person is there, I keep quiet. As if he even know u. Shame

At the end, you are saying it must be an Igbo president.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Abdul05: 6:14am On Oct 19, 2019
Where is col. Ibrahim taiwo.we need to resurrect him now be4 2023. grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by hatchy(f): 6:14am On Oct 19, 2019
The North is exceptionally greedy with power.

What have they used this power that intoxicates them to better the lives of Nigerians and especially the Northern region....eehn!

Illiteracy ...na dem
Diseases....na dem
Religious fanaticism....na dem
Extreme poverty...na dem
Drug addicts.....na dem.

A sitting governor once said .....

When you see a Notherner with a cap, you have seen poverty.
It is only in the North you still find mud houses littered everywhere.

This same people like the stupid Junaid Mohammed, El Rufai etc. Deliberately and systematically deny and impoverished their own people so that there wont be any challenges or opposition to their grip on power.

Tufiakwa!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by lordkush: 6:15am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
This guy can only talk on the behalf of Niger state, we core northerners reject nysmuri flat.heads with total rejection!!

They most get it through chest-beating and wailing, I'll love to see how far their threats will take them in 2023

Second class citizens can't govern this state, at least not for now..even minority seat dey hard dem for PDP! grin cheesy
people like you have destroyed zamfara, Katsina, borno yobe the so called core northern states with terrorism . terrorists will soon get what's coming fir them.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:

Does your Age really equal your IQ.. reading your post and all I can imagine is a child throwing tantrums.

33 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:19am On Oct 19, 2019
You shouldn't wail on our behalf, especially when you have ur own predicament in a form of ritual, drug peddling etc
lordkush:
people like you have destroyed zamfara, Katsina, borno yobe the so called core northern states with terrorism . terrorists will soon get what's coming fir them.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Pigsandidiots: 6:19am On Oct 19, 2019
Ok
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:24am On Oct 19, 2019
I'm just stating facts so y'all dont act shocked in 2023 when things font go ur way
Esseite:

Does your Age really equal your IQ.. reading your post and all I can imagine is a child throwing tantrums.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by oyatz(m): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2019
What if an Igboman doesn't win the presidential ticket of a major political party that can win a presidential election?

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 6:27am On Oct 19, 2019
“I am convinced that the Igbo have made their consultations from the North, South and the majority of them are in support of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction

Vatsa said Ndigbo were highly detribalised and could be found in the remotest villages in Nigeria, living peacefully and doing their businesses and paying taxes
Sir wake up, you might wet your bed anytime soon. grin cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 19, 2019
I strongly believe the Igbos would be best served demanding the PDP ticket instead of playing the spoiler like our people did against GEJ in 2015

The reason is because PDP is a strong party that can win the centre and APC would most likely concede their ticket to us.

So if APC presents say Osinbajo, PDP can present say umahi. APC can choose ElRufai as VP while PDP choose Tambulwal.

Anything can happen

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
I'm just stating facts so y'all dont act shocked in 2023 when things font go ur way

Fact!!... am even convinced that if an astounding SE person is on that ballot, he or she would win alongside a capable vice from the North.

Do you think Nigerians do not want to try an entirely new route?.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2019
I knew in no distant time I'd be needing this comment from a "detribalised" hardcore Igbo boy here. It reads...

FarahAideed:
Every election season this character called Tetehjewels will come here and start spreading fake stories of fake defections ... No space for Boko Haram party in SS
So, mr Vatsa, please do well to advice your friends to tell the pdp, their darling CHRISTIAN PARTY, to give them their presidential ticket so Nigerians can vote for them. They have to present their candidate on a platform right (since there's no room for independent candidates). grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Afamed: 6:31am On Oct 19, 2019
Lol
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 6:37am On Oct 19, 2019
oyatz:
What if an Igboman doesn't win the presidential ticket of a major political party that can win a presidential election?
PDP will definitely give them their ticket. They've worked hard for the party for TWO DECADES and deserve it. In fact, it is their BIRTHRIGHT.

They don't want and dont deserve the ticket of Boko Haram Party, APC, and don't need the support of Jubril al Sudani, aka, the Dullàrd.

Neither do they need the support of Afonjas or Yeroba mooslims, or gworo chewing almajiri northern abokìis.

cheesy cheesy

See ehn, politics sweet wella!! You get what you give!

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
I strongly believe the Igbos would be best served demanding the PDP ticket instead of playing the spoiler like our people did against GEJ in 2015

The reason is because PDP is a strong party that can win the centre and APC would most likely concede their ticket to us.

So if APC presents say Osinbajo, PDP can present say umahi. APC can choose ElRufai as VP while PDP choose Tambulwal.

Anything can happen

Obi/Tambuwal

Obi/Kwankwaso(for popularity)

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 19, 2019
omenka:
PDP will definitely give them their ticket. They've worked hard for the party for TWO DECADES and deserve it. In fact, it is their BIRTHRIGHT.

They don't want and dont deserve the ticket of Boko Haram Party, APC, and don't need the support of Jubril al Sudani, aka, the Dullàrd.

Neither do they need the support of Afonjas or Yeroba mooslims, or gworo chewing almajiri northern abokìis.

cheesy cheesy

See ehn, politics sweet wella!! You get what you give!

Except that it's not yours to decide.

I will keep sounding it to your subconsciousness, since you have sold your conscience for 30k monthly stipend, that the blood of all those massacred in Benue will continue to hunt u.

In the end, I pray power remains in the north, in fact let Elrufai have it so that the Fulani herdsmen will be emboldened to massacre your entire lineage.

Shalom, my dear.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 19, 2019
Awol1:

Obi/Tambuwal

obi won't get northern votes like Umahi

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Ngirima: 6:53am On Oct 19, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

At the end, you are saying it must be an Igbo president.
[/s]
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:53am On Oct 19, 2019
We are talking about realities on ground, not any sort of figment of ur imagination.. be realistic with yourself for once

We know APC is zoning their ticket to either the north or SW, while I see Atiku still clinching PDP ticket, even if PDP ends up zoning it to SE

Do u logically expect us(northerners) to vote for you? undecided
Esseite:

Fact!!... am even convinced that if an astounding SE person is on that ballot, he or she would win alongside a capable vice from the North.

Do you think Nigerians does not want to try an entirely new route?.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
obi won't get northern votes like Umahi

Umahi is my state governor, I'd love he gets it, just saying Obi would make a better president.

But Umahi, that man will solve Nigeria's infrastructural problem, with club lights as jara. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by DeHitMan450: 6:58am On Oct 19, 2019
This is absolutely rubbish of the first order,mr Vatsa or whatever you call yourself,remember that power is not given on a PLATER OF GOLD.Abiola won the '93 presidential election on merit without the Yorubas begging for it,and because of its annulment,the Northern leaders decided to make the 1999 presidential election a South West affair,
its on record,that body in the South West,threaten fire and brimstones because of power.
The South South,also to the best of my knowledge didnt beg for the 2011 presidential election and neither did the North in the 2015 and the 2019 generations
Remember that president Buhari had contested thrice,so there,mr man,speak for yourself not Nigerians.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
We are talking about realities on ground, not any sort of figment of ur imagination.. be realistic with yourself for once

We know APC is zoning their ticket to either the north or SW, while I see Atiku still clinching PDP ticket, even if PDP ends up zoning it to SE

Do u logically expect us(northerners) to vote for you? undecided

Painful as it is, you are saying the truth.

But the only time that will happen is if a northerner is APC presidential candidate. But at that point, which region will they align with?

Look, with PDP governors in Bauchi and Adamawa, Northeast will no longer be an easy ride.

In Northwest, without Buhari on the ballot, Kano would swing or most probably be divided 50.50. Don't forget Zamfara is now PDP.

As much as you would want to tell me having PDP governors in those states changes nothing when it comes to voting, you and I know that except for betrayal, governors can influence a lot of things.

Now North Central is a kinda battle ground. With Benue, Plateau, Abuja and Nasarawa likely to go the way of PDP.

Now, down south...

Deny southwest the presidential ticket, and you lose them. You can't probably propose they serve as vice for another 8 years.

Southeast/Southsouth, with deepsitted anger of Buhari's marginalization and the psychological/sociological view of APC as a Muslim party, will not vote for APC even if they choose the Pope as running mate to your northern candidate.

Come back to me when you have real answers to these observations and analysis.

Don't throw tantrums, I don't operate at that pedestal.

Just logic and reason.

I'll be waiting...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by orisa37: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2019
SalemCiti:
An All Progressives Congress chief in Niger State, Jonathan Vatsa, has said the emergence of Nigeria’s President from the South-East in 2023 is a right and not a privilege.

Addressing journalists in Minna, Niger State capital on Friday, Vatsa, who is a former Niger State commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, said every well-meaning Nigerian, good Christian and Muslim must support a President of Nigeria of South-East extraction.

“If Nigerians have conscience, equity and justice demand that they should allow the Igbo to produce the next President in 2023.

“I am convinced that the Igbo have made their consultations from the North, South and the majority of them are in support of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction.”

He expressed displeasure that some politicians from the North had called for the cancelation of rotational presidency between the North and South for what they termed meritocracy.

Vatsa said Ndigbo were highly detribalised and could be found in the remotest villages in Nigeria, living peacefully and doing their businesses and paying taxes.

He condemned the Arewa agitation for power to remain in the north, saying, “A lot of Arewa officials have been speaking that power should remain in the North as if it is their birthright; Nigeria belong to all of us and it is bigger than what we think it is. In the spirit of fairness, if we really want to be together, the Igbo should be given a chance in 2023.

“Apart from the time of Dr Nnamdi Azikwe and General Aguiyi Ironsi, we have never had Igbo President; so the Igbo should rise up and take what is due to them. The northerners are ready to support them and I am calling on the Igbo to speak with one voice if they must win in 2023. They must come together and forget their differences.”

He however warned that the Igbo should watch out for those who would collect money either from the north or South-West to sell their conscience, adding that the Igbo man should not be treated as second citizens in Nigeria.

Source:https://punchng.com/igbo-presidency-a-right-not-privilege-vatsa/

In our type of Society, some Soldiers are more Privileged than others.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by DeHitMan450: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2019
Awol1:

Obi/Tambuwal

And in your mind you believe that a core northerner will want to serve as a VP to an a Igbo man,MY FRIEND WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Rochas2023: 7:13am On Oct 19, 2019
Yeas Rochas/el rufia
Ouk / El rufia or
Onu/
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by orisa37: 7:14am On Oct 19, 2019
SpecialAdviser:

Easy Shap. There's always a way that is Right to follow. Interact with Wisdom and you will succeed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ekiti: Labour Writes Fayemi, Protests Mass Sack Of Workers / Voting Start In Lagos APC Gubernatorial Primary Election / Nigerian Workers, NLC Demand 50 Per Cent Salary Increase Over Biting Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.