Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege (19746 Views)

We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu / Jonathan Vatsa: Buhari’s Body Language Fuels Tension In South-East, South-West / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Rochas2023: 7:16am On Oct 19, 2019
DeHitMan450:

And in mind you believe that a core northern will want to serve as a VP to an a Igbo man,MY FRIEND WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!

Yea because is there turn. After 8 years they too stand a chance to become president with either a yoruba or a south south south vp

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 7:17am On Oct 19, 2019
Awol1:

Except that it's not yours to decide.

I will keep sounding it to your subconsciousness, since you have sold your conscience for 30k monthly stipend, that the blood of all those massacred in Benue will continue to hunt u.

In the end, I pray power remains in the north, in fact let Elrufai have it so that the Fulani herdsmen will be emboldened to massacre your entire lineage.

Shalom, my dear.
I sold my conscience for 30k and you sold yours for a cup of urine, no?

Your pains are far from over. You go wail till 2031 and no one would GAF, least of all me.

With this attitude, I'm suspecting you might even wail all the way to your seventies, then your grand children might give you a Medal of Honour in Wailing: they be like "Behold, a Grandpa Wailer". cheesy

Shalom to you too and goodbye. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by orisa37: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2019
SalemCiti:
An All Progressives Congress chief in Niger State, Jonathan Vatsa, has said the emergence of Nigeria’s President from the South-East in 2023 is a right and not a privilege.

Addressing journalists in Minna, Niger State capital on Friday, Vatsa, who is a former Niger State commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, said every well-meaning Nigerian, good Christian and Muslim must support a President of Nigeria of South-East extraction.

“If Nigerians have conscience, equity and justice demand that they should allow the Igbo to produce the next President in 2023.

“I am convinced that the Igbo have made their consultations from the North, South and the majority of them are in support of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction.”

He expressed displeasure that some politicians from the North had called for the cancelation of rotational presidency between the North and South for what they termed meritocracy.

Vatsa said Ndigbo were highly detribalised and could be found in the remotest villages in Nigeria, living peacefully and doing their businesses and paying taxes.

He condemned the Arewa agitation for power to remain in the north, saying, “A lot of Arewa officials have been speaking that power should remain in the North as if it is their birthright; Nigeria belong to all of us and it is bigger than what we think it is. In the spirit of fairness, if we really want to be together, the Igbo should be given a chance in 2023.

“Apart from the time of Dr Nnamdi Azikwe and General Aguiyi Ironsi, we have never had Igbo President; so the Igbo should rise up and take what is due to them. The northerners are ready to support them and I am calling on the Igbo to speak with one voice if they must win in 2023. They must come together and forget their differences.”

He however warned that the Igbo should watch out for those who would collect money either from the north or South-West to sell their conscience, adding that the Igbo man should not be treated as second citizens in Nigeria.

Source:https://punchng.com/igbo-presidency-a-right-not-privilege-vatsa/

The Right is earned by Votes, not by war nor by Subterfuge.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by maasoap(m): 7:31am On Oct 19, 2019
Awol1:

Except that it's not yours to decide.

I will keep sounding it to your subconsciousness, since you have sold your conscience for 30k monthly stipend, that the blood of all those massacred in Benue will continue to hunt u.

In the end, I pray power remains in the north, in fact let Elrufai have it so that the Fulani herdsmen will be emboldened to massacre your entire lineage.

Shalom, my dear.

You can't accept APC ticket even if it's given to you on platter of gold. You guys made it clear that you hate APC and that, hasn't changed a bit. Enugu state gave APC 10,000 votes during 2019 presidential election, that was beyond shocking! You guys equally didn't hide your love for PDP. And now, there is no way PDP ticket is coming to the south in 2023, you know it, we all know it. The funniest thing is that the smart people among you called on you to support APC/Buhari in 2019 against 2023 ticket. It is a lose lose situation again in 2023.
omenka:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by orisa37: 7:31am On Oct 19, 2019
The Igbos should act right to get their Rights. By now, almost all the South East Legislatures should have passed two-third Resolutions supporting Biafra if the Igbos are to be taken seriously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by maasoap(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2019
“Apart from the time of Dr Nnamdi Azikwe and General Aguiyi Ironsi, we have never had Igbo President;

How many times had Yorubas been on that seat?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2019
maasoap:

You can't accept APC ticket even if it's given to you on platter of gold. You guys made it clear that you hate APC and that, hasn't changed a bit. Enugu state gave APC 10,000 votes during 2019 presidential election, that was beyond shocking!

You guys equally didn't hide your love for PDP. And now, there is no way PDP ticket is coming to the south in 2023, you know it, we all know it. The funniest thing is that the smart people among you called on you to support APC/Buhari in 2019 against 2023 ticket. It is a lose lose situation again in 2023.
omenka:
Leave that one to cry himself to death if he wishes. E no consine us. Pdp's ticket is for them. Let them keep it. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by orisa37: 7:38am On Oct 19, 2019
Who is Jonathan Vatsa to know more than any of the Governors in the SE.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by gidgiddy: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2019
I dont know why some people have reduced the presidency to a do or die affair. What value will producing the president add to the life of the common Igbo man?

All the presidents Nigeria has produced since 1960, where is Nigeria today?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
I strongly believe the Igbos would be best served demanding the PDP ticket instead of playing the spoiler like our people did against GEJ in 2015

The reason is because PDP is a strong party that can win the centre and APC would most likely concede their ticket to us.

So if APC presents say Osinbajo, PDP can present say umahi. APC can choose ElRufai as VP while PDP choose Tambulwal.

Anything can happen

No. That saying is a fallacy in politics. An Igbo candidate will not beat a Northern, SW or SS candidate as things stands today. Nigerians dont like or trust Igbos politically enough to gamble on one today. This is the current mood of the nation Igbos brought upon themselves with their own actions.

Clever and pragmatic Igbos know this and this is why they have settled for playing spoiler to Yoruba ambition by running as VP to a Northern candidate. This may not even happen because Igbos talk too much and in a negative manner as well. By 2022, any PDP candidate, likely a Northerner, may be thinking it is safer to go with an SS VP to Court Nigerian votes.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Chukwurah003: 7:54am On Oct 19, 2019
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 19, 2019
But the Igbos have already settled for vice presidency from PDP. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by DTC2(m): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2019

Biafra or nothing

We can't compromise our freedom for anything

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 19, 2019
candidtalk:

No. That saying is a fallacy in politics. An Igbo candidate will not beat a Northern, SW or SS candidate as things stands today. Nigerians dont like or trust Igbos politically enough to gamble on one today. This is the current mood of the nation Igbos brought upon themselves with their own actions.

Clever and pragmatic Igbos know this and this is why they have settled for playing spoiler to Yoruba ambition by running as VP to a Northern candidate. This may not even happen because Igbos talk too much and in a negative manner as well. By 2022, any PDP candidate, likely a Northerner, may be thinking it is safer to go with an SS VP to Court Nigerian votes.
the hate against Igbos is only in the mind of you and your fellow Tinubu lapdogs.

I'd rather hate you than hate the Igbos .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by franchasng: 7:57am On Oct 19, 2019
Thank you Mr Vatsa, but Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba APCs will not agree with you, and reason Nigeria will remain a mess
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Commentor: 7:57am On Oct 19, 2019
Well, let's see if PDP would give them the ticket.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by texazzpete(m): 7:59am On Oct 19, 2019
I can tell you right now for free.
There won’t be an Igbo President in 2023.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Biafraaa: 8:00am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
This guy can only talk on the behalf of Niger state, we core northerners reject nysmuri flat.heads with total rejection!!

They most get it through chest-beating and wailing, I'll love to see how far their threats will take them in 2023

Second class citizens can't govern this state, at least not for now..even minority seat dey hard dem for PDP! grin cheesy
Musa must always dey gate and when an hausa man talk you go know. Since your people started rulling. The parasite at the road side begging is from your corenorth. Use your president to save them.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by franchasng: 8:00am On Oct 19, 2019
candidtalk:

This is one characteristics of Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba APC, they lack wisdom, they are highly unreliable, very vindictive, toxic, non empathic and very diabolical.

The doom that will befall Yoruba land will be brought upon Yoruba nation by Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba APC, you can bookmark this thread for reference!
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by texazzpete(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2019
franchasng:
Thank you Mr Vatsa, but Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba APCs will not agree with you, and reason Nigeria will remain a mess

You think the PDP will pick anyone apart from a Northern Muslim ?

How gullible can you be?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 19, 2019
maasoap:

You can't accept APC ticket even if it's given to you on platter of gold. You guys made it clear that you hate APC and that, hasn't changed a bit. Enugu state gave APC 10,000 votes during 2019 presidential election, that was beyond shocking! You guys equally didn't hide your love for PDP. And now, there is no way PDP ticket is coming to the south in 2023, you know it, we all know it. The funniest thing is that the smart people among you called on you to support APC/Buhari in 2019 against 2023 ticket. It is a lose lose situation again in 2023.
omenka:

So the 10k guys that voted for APC in Enugu are not Igbos?

Plus other votes for APC in other states.

What about some Igbo elites in APC?

So until every Igbo bends the knee in adoration to Buhari and the north, Ndigbo is not worthy of APC ticket?
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by madenigga(m): 8:01am On Oct 19, 2019
Its a right but I wish it could be that simple.

Right now Igbo's don cast thanks to Nnamdi KANU ipob and our politicians who make some wrong calculations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by teejona(m): 8:03am On Oct 19, 2019
SalemCiti:
An All Progressives Congress chief in Niger State, Jonathan Vatsa, has said the emergence of Nigeria’s President from the South-East in 2023 is a right and not a privilege.

Addressing journalists in Minna, Niger State capital on Friday, Vatsa, who is a former Niger State commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, said every well-meaning Nigerian, good Christian and Muslim must support a President of Nigeria of South-East extraction.

“If Nigerians have conscience, equity and justice demand that they should allow the Igbo to produce the next President in 2023.

“I am convinced that the Igbo have made their consultations from the North, South and the majority of them are in support of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction.”

He expressed displeasure that some politicians from the North had called for the cancelation of rotational presidency between the North and South for what they termed meritocracy.

Vatsa said Ndigbo were highly detribalised and could be found in the remotest villages in Nigeria, living peacefully and doing their businesses and paying taxes.

He condemned the Arewa agitation for power to remain in the north, saying, “A lot of Arewa officials have been speaking that power should remain in the North as if it is their birthright; Nigeria belong to all of us and it is bigger than what we think it is. In the spirit of fairness, if we really want to be together, the Igbo should be given a chance in 2023.

“Apart from the time of Dr Nnamdi Azikwe and General Aguiyi Ironsi, we have never had Igbo President; so the Igbo should rise up and take what is due to them. The northerners are ready to support them and I am calling on the Igbo to speak with one voice if they must win in 2023. They must come together and forget their differences.”

He however warned that the Igbo should watch out for those who would collect money either from the north or South-West to sell their conscience, adding that the Igbo man should not be treated as second citizens in Nigeria.

Source:https://punchng.com/igbo-presidency-a-right-not-privilege-vatsa/

Whie I totally agree with him that an igbo man should be president in the next political dispensation, I want to differ on his choice of words, it is not an exclusive right. Every Nigerian has the right to contest according to the Nigerian constitution. Power is not given on a platter of gold if we must be truthful to ourselves. The igbos need to mount strategies to win the heart of majority of Nigerian citizens. Particularly they really need to stop playing politics of bitterness, hatred and what have you. How can you show me open hatred, you believe some section of the country are not even human beings, you believe they are all things defined by "bad" and you expect them to entrust their lives in you? It doesn't add up this way.

peace!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Commentor: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
the hate against Igbos is only in the mind of you and your fellow Tinubu lapdogs.

I'd rather hate you than hate the Igbos .

The damage Nnamdi Kanu did to you cannot be estimated.

All you had to do was ride out 8 years whilst maintaining your more recent relationship with the rest of the country pre-2015.

For some strange reason, politicians and I'm hoping I'm wrong, your innate hatred for other tribes was quickly demonstrated as soon as Buhari came into power.

Even the ND that just had its son rejected at the polls moved on but not the SE.

I have never witnessed such self-flagellation in my life.

I'm curious to see how you would fix this.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 19, 2019
gidgiddy:
I dont know why some people have reduced the presidency to a do or die affair. What value will producing the president add to the life of the common Igbo man?

All the presidents Nigeria has produced since 1960, where is Nigeria today?

The problem with people like you is that you think sentimentally 24/7. The Yorubas will give Nigeria one of her greatest President, just as Awolowo remains the most accomplished Politician in our history to date, if the right Yoruba is chosen. It is in the nature of the Yorubas to be tolerant, modern, liberal, egalitarian, inclusive and progressive. We are therefore not talking of supplanting an OBJ-type in power who is nothing but a 'tool' for the 'business as usual' cabal who wan't Nigeria to stay as it is so they keep feeding fat.

Many Nigerians, to include Northerners, know what a progressive Yoruba can do with the Presidency. Insha Allah it will happen come 2023.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Ningi2020(m): 8:03am On Oct 19, 2019
omenka:
PDP will definitely give them their ticket. They've worked hard for the party for TWO DECADES and deserve it. In fact, it is their BIRTHRIGHT.

They don't want and dont deserve the ticket of Boko Haram Party, APC, and don't need the support of Jubril al Sudani, aka, the Dullàrd.

Neither do they need the support of Afonjas or Yeroba mooslims, or gworo chewing almajiri northern abokìis.

cheesy cheesy

See ehn, politics sweet wella!! You get what you give!
You bad I swear

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Bobyro: 8:04am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
This guy can only talk on the behalf of Niger state, we core northerners reject nysmuri flat.heads with total rejection!!

They most get it through chest-beating and wailing, I'll love to see how far their threats will take them in 2023

Second class citizens can't govern this state, at least not for now..even minority seat dey hard dem for PDP! grin cheesy
Bros, get sense na undecided
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Biafraaa: 8:04am On Oct 19, 2019
Igbo president or not will still be more industrious and more advance than Afonjas and Arila (Arewa) combined.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Commentor: 8:04am On Oct 19, 2019
Awol1:

So the 10k guys that voted for APC in Enugu are not Igbos?

Plus other votes for APC in other states.

What about some Igbo elites in APC?

So until every Igbo bends the knee in adoration to Buhari and the north, Ndigbo is not worthy of APC ticket?

Stop being fixated on the APC ticket.

The PDP that you have shown unwavering support should be easy, not so?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards / PDP Crisis: Makarfi Group Advises Aspirants To Defect / Why Buhari Refused To Sign Electoral Act Bill - Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.