Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,857 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:55 AM

Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege (19678 Views)

We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu / Jonathan Vatsa: Buhari’s Body Language Fuels Tension In South-East, South-West / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Bighead9: 8:06am On Oct 19, 2019
Igbo's can never rule this Country,

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by franchasng: 8:06am On Oct 19, 2019
texazzpete:

You think the PDP will pick anyone apart from a Northern Muslim ?

How gullible can you be?
They can pick anybody so long as its not a Yoruba Muslim or Yoruba APC, I am fine with it.

Yoruba Muslims in their desperate effort to please Hausa-Fulanis and to convince other Muslims that they are true Muslims have become big threat to global peace and unity, kiss the truth angry

No wonder Yoruba Muslims have been doing everything possible to convince Hausa-Fulanis that they are true Muslims, maybe until they start throwing live bombs like those in Afghanistan and Yemen, I doubt if Hausa-Fulanis will accept them as true Muslims
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by habibOnimisi1(m): 8:07am On Oct 19, 2019
Tufiakwa! How can those flat heads govern the elite? They should rather continue agitating for their Biafra. Yamri good at business not governance. angry cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by oyatz(m): 8:09am On Oct 19, 2019
But if PDP give it's ticket to an Igboman (which is quite understable),they feel that other Nigerians may not vote for the candidate and are suggesting that both APC and PDP should produce Igbo candidates to rule out the possibility of defeat.

omenka:
PDP will definitely give them their ticket. They've worked hard for the party for TWO DECADES and deserve it. In fact, it is their BIRTHRIGHT.

They don't want and dont deserve the ticket of Boko Haram Party, APC, and don't need the support of Jubril al Sudani, aka, the Dullàrd.

Neither do they need the support of Afonjas or Yeroba mooslims, or gworo chewing almajiri northern abokìis.

cheesy cheesy

See ehn, politics sweet wella!! You get what you give!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Billygee2u: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
This guy can only talk on the behalf of Niger state, we core northerners reject nysmuri flat.heads with total rejection!!

They most get it through chest-beating and wailing, I'll love to see how far their threats will take them in 2023

Second class citizens can't govern this state, at least not for now..even minority seat dey hard dem for PDP! grin cheesy
Save this your senseless post for future reminder.
you will be forced to retract this rubbish at the appropriate time.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
This guy can only talk on the behalf of Niger state, we core northerners reject nysmuri flat.heads with total rejection!!

They most get it through chest-beating and wailing, I'll love to see how far their threats will take them in 2023

Second class citizens can't govern this state, at least not for now..even minority seat dey hard dem for PDP! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 19, 2019
franchasng:
This is one characteristics of Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba APC, they lack wisdom, they are highly unreliable, very vindictive, toxic, non empathic and very diabolical.

The doom that will befall Yoruba land will be brought upon Yoruba nation by Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba APC, you can bookmark this thread for reference!

Again, the problem with you Igbos is shown here. While I state the fact and reality of how IPOB activity, Nnamdi Kanu hate for other Nigerians and Igbo attack against other Nigerians online has damaged your political standing, you shows Igbos are irredeemably bigoted and hateful by ranting over "Yoruba muslim and Yoruba APC" plus "doom on Yoruba land", a highly personalised opinion of hate, instead of simply reflecting on points raised and inspecting such for saliency.

If indeed you then find others have valid points, why not look to change your behaviour, if innately reasonable, rather than continue with the insult and bigoted intolerance that has gotten you Igbos where you are today i.e totally isolated and disliked to the extent non of the two major Parties will take a risk on anyone from your region today as that is a sure banker election loss? Anyway, goodluck to you guys. You don't appear to have emotional maturity, self-discipline or any pragmatism at all. Wishing you the best in 2023 sha.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 8:11am On Oct 19, 2019
Bighead9:
Igbo's can never rule this Country,
Igbos can and will and have the right to. Let them present their candidate and let Nigerians decide. It is called DEMOCRACY.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Commentor: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2019
oyatz:
But if PDP give it's ticket to an Igboman (which is quite understable),they feel that other Nigerians may not vote for the candidate and are suggesting that both APC and PDP should produce Igbo candidates to rule out the possibility of defeat.

Why would they feel others would not vote them?

Also, are they expecting APC to have some kind of empathy and by so doing losing the presidency when it is obvious the SE would not be voting the 'Islamic Party '?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by TaiKuun(m): 8:12am On Oct 19, 2019
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Kpoikpoi: 8:12am On Oct 19, 2019
SalemCiti:
An All Progressives Congress chief in Niger State, Jonathan Vatsa, has said the emergence of Nigeria’s President from the South-East in 2023 is a right and not a privilege.

Addressing journalists in Minna, Niger State capital on Friday, Vatsa, who is a former Niger State commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, said every well-meaning Nigerian, good Christian and Muslim must support a President of Nigeria of South-East extraction.

“If Nigerians have conscience, equity and justice demand that they should allow the Igbo to produce the next President in 2023.

“I am convinced that the Igbo have made their consultations from the North, South and the majority of them are in support of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction.”

He expressed displeasure that some politicians from the North had called for the cancelation of rotational presidency between the North and South for what they termed meritocracy.

Vatsa said Ndigbo were highly detribalised and could be found in the remotest villages in Nigeria, living peacefully and doing their businesses and paying taxes.

He condemned the Arewa agitation for power to remain in the north, saying, “A lot of Arewa officials have been speaking that power should remain in the North as if it is their birthright; Nigeria belong to all of us and it is bigger than what we think it is. In the spirit of fairness, if we really want to be together, the Igbo should be given a chance in 2023.

“Apart from the time of Dr Nnamdi Azikwe and General Aguiyi Ironsi, we have never had Igbo President; so the Igbo should rise up and take what is due to them. The northerners are ready to support them and I am calling on the Igbo to speak with one voice if they must win in 2023. They must come together and forget their differences.”

He however warned that the Igbo should watch out for those who would collect money either from the north or South-West to sell their conscience, adding that the Igbo man should not be treated as second citizens in Nigeria.

Source:https://punchng.com/igbo-presidency-a-right-not-privilege-vatsa/

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by maasoap(m): 8:13am On Oct 19, 2019
Awol1:

So the 10k guys that voted for APC in Enugu are not Igbos?

Plus other votes for APC in other states.

Their votes were infinitesimal, it was useless by all standard.

What about some Igbo elites in APC?

Votes is about numbers, high numbers and not about useless and weightless elites that have no electoral relevance.

So until every Igbo bends the knee in adoration to Buhari and the north, Ndigbo is not worthy of APC ticket?

You don't need to bend knees at all, stop exaggeration. Just show little love for APC instead of telling us how much you guys hate APC, how APC is an Islamic party that wanted to Islamise Nigeria, how APC would never win a single state in your region. Even when we all knew that most of the governors you are electing on the platform of PDP are taking you for granted just because they knew that you have become slave to PDP. Look at the stupid one who couldn't provide fire trucks for his state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by ibechris(m): 8:13am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:

Die in ur poverty...people like u who haven't left where u were born would be shouting hate. Mumu travel and see that the world isn't like u think. U think coming to write rubbish on nairaland is education. Go get proper education.
The entire north needs cleansing of the mind and proper education as to how the world has evolved.
So,next time don't just open ur goro mouth rather think on how to find solutions to problem bedevilling ur so called filthy,backward, extremist and God forsaking north. And for the most part,I take responsibility for what I wrote with exemptions to all non Hausa Fulani in the North.
Fooooooooooool.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by franchasng: 8:14am On Oct 19, 2019
habibOnimisi1:
Tufiakwa! How can those flat heads govern the elite? They should rather continue agitating for their Biafra. Yamri good at business not governance. angry cry
Yoruba Muslim spotted, very vindictive and unreasonable group of people, I pity my amiable, classy Yoruba Christians because Yoruba Muslims will bring doom to their land cry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Kpoikpoi: 8:15am On Oct 19, 2019
Ok,come and force me to vote for an Igbo president.
Illiteracy will kill some of you.
How can contesting an election be a right?
Voting for who you like is a right not contesting an election.
Useless people.
Igbo presidency my yansh.
Come force me to vote for Igbo president na.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 8:16am On Oct 19, 2019
oyatz:

And why should the Igbos accept a ticket from BOKO HARAM PARTY WITH a DÒLLARD from SUDAN as its leader?

Igbos aren't stupid. They prefer the Christian Party ticket pdp. Let APC give their ticket to Shekau. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by franchasng: 8:17am On Oct 19, 2019
candidtalk:

Again, the problem with you Igbos is shown here. While I state the fact and reality of how IPOB activity, Nnamdi Kanu hate for other Nigerians and Igbo attack against other Nigerians online has damaged your political standing, you shows Igbos are irredeemably bigoted and hateful by ranting over "Yoruba muslim and Yoruba APC" plus "doom on Yoruba land", a highly personalised opinion of hate, instead of simply reflecting on points raised and inspecting such for saliency.

If indeed you then find others have valid points, why not look to change your behaviour, if innately reasonable, rather than continue with the insult and bigoted intolerance that has gotten you Igbos where you are today i.e totally isolated and disliked to the extent non of the two major Parties will take a risk on anyone from your region today as that is a sure banker election loss? Anyway, goodluck to you guys. You don't appear to have emotional maturity, self-discipline or any pragmatism at all. Wishing you the best in 2023 sha.
Give Yoruba Muslims 10 more years and they will form their own full time terrorist organization through MURIC and by then, we will start hearing Yoruba Muslim terrorist blew up himself at Osogbo market, killing 500 traders!!!

Yoruba Muslim terrorist butchered his family members because they refuse to convert to Islam!

Yoruba Muslim terrorist group threatens all Igbos living in Lagos to vacate Lagos or face their wrath!

Its from clap they enter dance, wait and see cool

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Ngirima: 8:19am On Oct 19, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Why would they feel others would not vote them?

Also, are they expecting APC to have some kind of empathy and by so doing losing the presidency when it is obvious the SE would not be voting the 'Islamic Party '?
[/s]
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Ngirima: 8:19am On Oct 19, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Stop being fixated on the APC ticket.

The PDP that you have shown unwavering support should be easy, not so?
[/s]
[s]
Commentor:

The damage Nnamdi Kanu did to you cannot be estimated.

All you had to do was ride out 8 years whilst maintaining your more recent relationship with the rest of the country pre-2015.

For some strange reason, politicians and I'm hoping I'm wrong, your innate hatred for other tribes was quickly demonstrated as soon as Buhari came into power.

Even the ND that just had its son rejected at the polls moved on but not the SE.

I have never witnessed such self-flagellation in my life.

I'm curious to see how you would fix this.
[/s]
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Ngirima: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

At the end, you are saying it must be an Igbo president.
[/s]
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2019
Commentor:

The damage Nnamdi Kanu did to you cannot be estimated.

All you had to do was ride out 8 years whilst maintaining your more recent relationship with the rest of the country pre-2015.

For some strange reason, politicians and I'm hoping I'm wrong, your innate hatred for other tribes was quickly demonstrated as soon as Buhari came into power.

Even the ND that just had its son rejected at the polls moved on but not the SE.

I have never witnessed such self-flagellation in my life.

I'm curious to see how you would fix this.
first of all I'm yoruba and therefore won't speak for the igbos. But I was on this forum since 2013 to see the hate the Igbos were subjected to for supporting GEJ . I myself was even guilty of that. (Check my first thread). If you blame them for supporting ipob that's one thing...but if you blame them for hate...you would be a liar because our people started it here way way back before ipob

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Ngirima: 8:22am On Oct 19, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
Well, let's see if PDP would give them the ticket.
[/s]
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Bighead9: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2019
omenka:
Igbos can and will and have the right to. Let them present their candidate and let Nigerians decide. It is called DEMOCRACY.

For the fact that they have the right Constitutionally, doesn't mean they can.

Igbo's can never rule this Country.
Quote me anywhere. cool

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by inyenejo(m): 8:24am On Oct 19, 2019
If not Igbo man in 2023 for President of the federal republic, i am not voting any other person again even if Atiku my man comes back i'm still not voting him again, as a matter of fact the entire Akwa Ibom state and indeed South South is not voting anybody again... except; Peter Obi for President 2023 or nothing etang ekak ekipe etie.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2019
maasoap:

Votes is about numbers, high numbers and not about useless and weightless elites that have no electoral relevance.

You don't need to bend knees at all, stop exaggeration. Just show little love for APC instead of telling us how much you guys hate APC, how APC is an Islamic party that wanted to Islamise Nigeria, how APC would never win a single state in your region. Even when we all knew that most of the governors you are electing on the platform of PDP are taking you for granted just because they knew that you have become slave to PDP. Look at the stupid one who couldn't provide fire trucks for his state.

Precisely. Yet his Igbo compatriots let him off the hook to be going for the jugular of Buhari. Who can trust such folks with ultimate power? I.e a people who see all other Nigerian as the cause of their problem and never look at themselves. ABia and Ebonyi man must make wake up daily to first attack Sanwo Olu before even commenting about the misrule of his own Governor, senator, Rep , LG chairman, Fire service Chief etc.

Sadly, Nigerian political leader understand that no Igbo can lead in isolation so even the very good and detribalised Igbos like Okorocha, Ngige, Igbokwe et al will suffer from this negative image loudmouth and hateful Igbos have lumbered their ethnic group with because of the belief of how one good Igbo cannot prevent what a bigoted people will make of the Presidency. We saw this when Oduah, of her own free will and because she thought Igbos had arrived, went on a mass sack of Yorubas in her Ministry, under GEJ, to replace them with Igbos. Anyone who think Nigerian Politicians don't learn from such development, when they are masters of self-preservation, is a fool.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Commentor: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2019
[quote author=jacksonkennedy post=83268252] [s]first of all I'm yoruba and therefore won't speak for the igbos. But I was on this forum since 2013 to see the hate the Igbos were subjected to for supporting GEJ . I myself was even guilty of that. (Check my first thread). If you blame them for supporting ipob that's one thing...but if you blame them for hate...you would be a liar because our people started it here way way back before ipob[[/s]/quote]

Na today we dey see Igbo man wey dem born for Molete?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by paj4love: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2019
maasoap:

and the one in your state is doing magic or more better than that state?

Please be proud to tell us your state, am from Imo State and am proud of my state
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Ngirima: 8:24am On Oct 19, 2019
[s][quote author=Commentor post=83268308][/quote][/s]
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2019
Bighead9:

For the fact that they have the right Constitutionally, doesn't mean they can.

Igbo's can never rule this Country.
Quote me anywhere. cool
Whoever thought an Ijaw man can? I for one, can and will vote a Soludo anyday anytime.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is The Most Beautiful And Hottest Nigerian Newscaster Ever / Tonye Cole: I Was Absent At Tinubu's Commissioning Because I Was Not Invited / Perish Idea Of Military Government, Its Return To Anarchy – Rufai Oseni Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.