Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,367 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:15 PM

Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege (19681 Views)

We Are Here To Do What Is Right Not What Is Comfortable - Tinubu / Jonathan Vatsa: Buhari’s Body Language Fuels Tension In South-East, South-West / Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 19, 2019
Commentor:

Na today we dey see Igbo man wey dem born for Molete
believe whatever buddy. Not everyone shares in your unreasonable hate
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by swaggerific: 8:35am On Oct 19, 2019
I'm surprised he didn't say it was a divine right. Can I get that "Right" to the presidency as well?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Wechi2019: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2019
Yes of course. They always have the right and it is always their right but they refuse grabbing it. Are they not Nigerian (maybe from their words). They have every right to contest and win president in Nigeria but it is not an ala-cart. They must struggle for it and know what they want also.democray will still be upheld in 2023 election in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by ProWalker: 8:37am On Oct 19, 2019
Ok then. We don’t need election. Buhari should just hand over to an Igbo man so that we could save the cost of conducting an election

Ndi ara

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by jnoz23(m): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2019
Story story
For the gods

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2019
Commentor:

The damage Nnamdi Kanu did to you cannot be estimated.

All you had to do was ride out 8 years whilst maintaining your more recent relationship with the rest of the country pre-2015.

For some strange reason, politicians and I'm hoping I'm wrong, your innate hatred for other tribes was quickly demonstrated as soon as Buhari came into power.

Even the ND that just had its son rejected at the polls moved on but not the SE.

I have never witnessed such self-flagellation in my life.

I'm curious to see how you would fix this.

This shows you how troublesome and bigoted Igbos are. Igbokwe even told them off for this. They will never listen. Come election time , when it is obvious they have no support and that it is "mission impossible", they resort to blackmail and then label the likes of Igbokwe "Efulefu".

http://saharareporters.com/2017/05/09/please-stop-embarrassing-igbo-joe-igbokwe

Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe

This brigandage did not start today. When Diezani Alison-Madueke was declared wanted by EFCC for fraud in the oil industry, we saw this kind of shameless intervention from people who should know better and those with full doses of Western education. When Stella Oduah was being probed for purchasing armored BMW cars at astronomical prices, some Igbo leaders rose to her defense. They erected billboards in the South-East and celebrated her with a chieftaincy title, Ada Igbo Nile. The impression being created is that prominent Igbo citizens are being persecuted because they are Igbo. I call this persecution complex, leadership complex and defeatist syndrome.

It is even annoying that Col. Sambo Dasuki's defense is being done not by his northern brothers but Igbo who are sworn to bland defense of everything PDP. They are the most fanatical mourners of the loss of Jonathan and PDP even when the Ijaws have moved on.

NIA boss, Ayo Oke has been facing series of interrogations by the EFCC concerning the Osborne Towers 15 billion naira cash haul and I have not read any Yoruba defending him. Babachir Lawal, the suspended SFG, is being probed for contract scam and yet I have not seen his kinsmen rising in his defense. They allow investigations to go the whole hog.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Bighead9: 8:40am On Oct 19, 2019
omenka:
Whoever thought an Ijaw man can? I for one, can and will vote a Soludo anyday anytime.

Will your votes alone makes Soludo the President? No President can emerge without the votes from the North. The North will always decide on who becomes the President. As it stands now, we will never allow any Igbo man rule this Country. Any minority tribes can, but Igbo's can't.
Quote me anywhere. cool

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by nonjebose(m): 8:41am On Oct 19, 2019
While not in support of the activities of Ipob, I beg to disagree with those saying that the Igbos Achilles heel is the open hatred showed towards PMB during the polls. PMB exhibited this same attitude towards Jonathan with several severe threats and the likes. I would like to see how things pan in the next election
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Ewedegubbler: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
This guy can only talk on the behalf of Niger state, we core northerners reject nysmuri flat.heads with total rejection!!

They most get it through chest-beating and wailing, I'll love to see how far their threats will take them in 2023

Second class citizens can't govern this state, at least not for now..even minority seat dey hard dem for PDP! grin cheesy

Afonja MURIC skull mining flesh eating bubu arse licker spotted...
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by ProWalker: 8:43am On Oct 19, 2019
candidtalk:

Again, the problem with you Igbos is shown here. While I state the fact and reality of how IPOB activity, Nnamdi Kanu hate for other Nigerians and Igbo attack against other Nigerians online has damaged your political standing, you shows Igbos are irredeemably bigoted and hateful by ranting over "Yoruba muslim and Yoruba APC" plus "doom on Yoruba land", a highly personalised opinion of hate, instead of simply reflecting on points raised and inspecting such for saliency.

If indeed you then find others have valid points, why not look to change your behaviour, if innately reasonable, rather than continue with the insult and bigoted intolerance that has gotten you Igbos where you are today i.e totally isolated and disliked to the extent non of the two major Parties will take a risk on anyone from your region today as that is a sure banker election loss? Anyway, goodluck to you guys. You don't appear to have emotional maturity, self-discipline or any pragmatism at all. Wishing you the best in 2023 sha.

Maturity is oozing out of this comment. Salute

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Techdra: 8:44am On Oct 19, 2019
But they are Biafrans. Why should foreigners rule us in our country? Atiku tried it and failed so what makes the Igbos think they will succeed this time?!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2019
Bighead9:

Will your votes alone makes Soludo the President? No President can emerge without the votes from the North. The North will always decide on who becomes the President. As it stands now, we will never allow any Igbo man rule this Country. Any minority tribes can, but Igbo's can't.
Quote me anywhere. cool
As much as my vote alone cant make him the president, so cant your opinion alone be that of the entire North. You see?

The only reason you're saying this is because they still have this confrontational posturing. Once they begin to play real politics of lobbying and form alliances across board, they sure will give any other candidate, even from the north, a run for their money.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by texazzpete(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2019
franchasng:
They can pick anybody so long as its not a Yoruba Muslim or Yoruba APC, I am fine with it.

Yoruba Muslims in their desperate effort to please Hausa-Fulanis and to convince other Muslims that they are true Muslims have become big threat to global peace and unity, kiss the truth angry

No wonder Yoruba Muslims have been doing everything possible to convince Hausa-Fulanis that they are true Muslims, maybe until they start throwing live bombs like those in Afghanistan and Yemen, I doubt if Hausa-Fulanis will accept them as true Muslims

Lmao.
I’ve never seen anyone so happy to do the bidding of their masters.

You - knowing well the overall strategy is divide and rule - are perfectly happy to sow the seeds of more division.

“I don’t care if I lose out, I just want others to lose out too” has never been a winning mindset.

But kudos anyway.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by ScottGerald27: 8:51am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
This guy can only talk on the behalf of Niger state, we core northerners reject nysmuri flat.heads with total rejection!!

They most get it through chest-beating and wailing, I'll love to see how far their threats will take them in 2023

Second class citizens can't govern this state, at least not for now..even minority seat dey hard dem for PDP! grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by omenka(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2019
nonjebose:
While not in support of the activities of Ipob, I beg to disagree with those saying that the Igbos Achilles heel is the open hatred showed towards PMB during the polls. PMB exhibited this same attitude towards Jonathan with several severe threats and the likes. I would like to see how things pan in the next election
When you guys say this, I keep wondering, is Jonathan an Igbo man? Why aren't the Ijaws this pissed? Why aren't the Ijaws the ones Insulting or hating the APC or Buhari at every turn? Why isn't the South South doing it? Why arent the Ijaws the people seeing no good in the government of the day?

Why, why, why?

Update.

Please read the post by candidtalk above and tell us, WHY?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
believe whatever buddy. Not everyone shares in your unreasonable hate
madam i thought you were yoruba, why you come carry igbo matter for head abi Na igbo man be your husband..

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by PapaAdanna: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2019
But the afonjas and their northern slave masters will say otherwise.

They always get insecure at the mention of an Igbo Presidency
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Mrtaye: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
I strongly believe the Igbos would be best served demanding the PDP ticket instead of playing the spoiler like our people did against GEJ in 2015

The reason is because PDP is a strong party that can win the centre and APC would most likely concede their ticket to us.

So if APC presents say Osinbajo, PDP can present say umahi. APC can choose ElRufai as VP while PDP choose Tambulwal.

Anything can happen
no that's wrong,as a Yoruba I believe Igbos should go for both PDP and APC presidential tickets
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by gentiles(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
madam i thought you were yoruba, why you come carry igbo matter for head abi Na igbo man be your husband..
Go n check all her past comments, she just carry their matter for head, she is always attacking Yorubas, while aggressively supporting Igbos. Yet, she claimed to be a Yoruba.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 19, 2019
Kennyswagz1:
I started out insulting Igbos on this platform too during the 2015 campaigns...I traveled to U.S in 2016 and my boss is an Igbo woman...the best person I have ever seen. That was when I realized how stupid I was.
I will never be caught dead or alive insulting Igbos again

No my husband is from Oyo state

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 19, 2019
gentiles:

Go n check all her past comments, she just carry their matter for head, she is always attacking Yorubas, while aggressively supporting Igbos. Yet, she claimed to be a Yoruba.
show me one place I attacked yoruba?

My politics is simple.
I support Oduduwa Republic. I support Osinbajo. I support Igbo

I don't support tinubu. I don't support Hausa/fulanis. I don't support insult to anyone.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
We are talking about realities on ground, not any sort of figment of ur imagination.. be realistic with yourself for once

We know APC is zoning their ticket to either the north or SW, while I see Atiku still clinching PDP ticket, even if PDP ends up zoning it to SE

Do u logically expect us(northerners) to vote for you? undecided

You are not a Northerner .. you were crying over Tinubu in the other thread.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by ProWalker: 9:22am On Oct 19, 2019
Esseite:

You are not a Northerner .. you were crying over Tinubu in the other thread.

How did you come to the conclusion that he is not a northerner? So once you “cry” over Tinubu, you are automatically not a Northerner?

What sort of of foolish people do we have on NL these days?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by gentiles(m): 9:23am On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
I started out insulting Igbos on this platform too during the 2015 campaigns...I traveled to U.S in 2016 and my boss is an Igbo woman...the best person I have ever seen. That was when I realized how stupid I was.
I will never be caught dead or alive insulting Igbos again

No my husband is from Oyo state
Stop all the shameless lies.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by EagleSquare1(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2019
But we suddenly forget that it is this same North that gave GEJ the presidency in 2011 when it was the ‘turn’ of the North. After all OBJ had done 8 years. Was the North not supposed to hold the seat until 2015 from 2007?

It wasn’t Yar’adua’s death that gaveGEJ the seat in 2011, it was the North. So stop sounding as if the North are an inconsiderate set of people.

This has always been the bane of our people. Mutual suspicion. But we all have Northern and Southern friends that we relate freely and equitably with. No cheatings, just pure love as humans.

Someone Igbo friend recently mentioned the Fulani agenda to occupy the entire corners of Nigeria. I simply asked him what the Igbo Agensa was, since Igbos are found in every remote part and corner of Nigeria. His response? After all Igbos buy the land where the build their houses and shops, so what agenda can they have.

So I asked if the Fulanis were too poor to pay for land anywhere in Nigeria to develop. He said no, and that their agenda was Jihad. I simply laughed. Only Igbos can do business. The others only have Jihad agenda.

Let us all know that all over Nigeria there are Fulanis doing their businesses peacefully and relating well with the locals. Even in the Southeast!

L

hatchy:
The North is exceptionally greedy with power.

What have they used this power that intoxicates them to better the lives of Nigerians and especially the Northern region....eehn!

Illiteracy ...na dem
Diseases....na dem
Religious fanaticism....na dem
Extreme poverty...na dem
Drug addicts.....na dem.

A sitting governor once said .....

When you see a Notherner with a cap, you have seen poverty.
It is only in the North you still find mud houses littered everywhere.

This same people like the stupid Junaid Mohammed, El Rufai etc. Deliberately and systematically deny and impoverished their own people so that there wont be any challenges or opposition to their grip on power.

Tufiakwa!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2019
gentiles:

Stop all the shameless lies.
ok sir. Whatever

gbagbo ohun ti o fe
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2019
Commentor:

At the end, you are saying it must be an Igbo president.
Where did he say it must be an IGBO president, You seem to have comprehension problems.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Malcolm123: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2019
franchasng:
They can pick anybody so long as its not a Yoruba Muslim or Yoruba APC, I am fine with it.

Yoruba Muslims in their desperate effort to please Hausa-Fulanis and to convince other Muslims that they are true Muslims have become big threat to global peace and unity, kiss the truth angry

No wonder Yoruba Muslims have been doing everything possible to convince Hausa-Fulanis that they are true Muslims, maybe until they start throwing live bombs like those in Afghanistan and Yemen, I doubt if Hausa-Fulanis will accept them as true Muslims

40-50% Yoruba are Muslims.... hatred is Igbo biggest problem

and for your mind now ...a Hausa muslim will be happy dat you are abusin a Yoruba Muslim just because he practice the same religion as him .....any good luck to the igbo 2023 presidential ambition

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2019
ProWalker:

How did you come to the conclusion that he is not a northerner? So once you “cry” over Tinubu, you are automatically not a Northerner?

What sort of of foolish people do we have on NL these days?

You might aswell be him, multiple monikers are abound. the North I know and have friends in dont even want to hear the name Tinubu. Go and fact find.
Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by EagleSquare1(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2019
I have never been given a good answer to this your questions. Or no answer at all. You will receive heavy insults instead. So prepare

omenka:
When you guys say this, I keep wondering, is Jonathan an Igbo man? Why aren't the Ijaws this pissed? Why aren't the Ijaws the ones Insulting or hating the APC or Buhari at every turn? Why isn't the South South doing it? Why arent the Ijaws the people seeing no good in the government of the day?

Why, why, why?

Update.

Please read the post by candidtalk above and tell us, WHY?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by Honor10: 9:29am On Oct 19, 2019
franchasng:
[s][/s]This is one characteristics of Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba APC, they lack wisdom, they are highly unreliable, very vindictive, toxic, non empathic and very diabolical.

The doom that will befall Yoruba land will be brought upon Yoruba nation by Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba APC, you can bookmark this thread for reference![s][/s]

Bullcrap and balderdash. This hate will eventually kill u. Loser

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Vatsa: Igbo Presidency In 2023 Is A Right, Not A Privilege by gentiles(m): 9:30am On Oct 19, 2019
jacksonkennedy:
show me one place I attacked yoruba?

My politics is simple.
I support Oduduwa Republic. I support Osinbajo. I support Igbo

I don't support tinubu. I don't support Hausa/fulanis. I don't support insult to anyone.
U are a shameless liar, go n check your past comments, u were saying Yoruba Muslims are the problem of the SW, you used several derogatory names on them. U can never be a Yoruba, u don't have the IQ to be one.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Has Power Been Restored In Your Area? / This Is The Most Beautiful And Hottest Nigerian Newscaster Ever / Attackers Of Abuja-kaduna Train Behind Kuje Prison Attack – Gumi’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.