Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User (51746 Views)

Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure / Rivers Governorship Election Updates By Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Commentor: 10:12am On Oct 19, 2019
Treasure17:
See our border for goodness sake. They are deceiving themselves cause people still manoeuvre their way to smuggle things during mid night.

You've turned it to midnight now.

Would you die if you don't lie?

Before you saboteurs claimed the northern borders were free and accessible to traffic and trade but now that you've been shown pictures, you've started with the night theory.

Again I ask, would it kill you to tell the truth?

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Eteka1(m): 10:17am On Oct 19, 2019
emmabest2000:

Here you gooooooooo
You cannot expect to see a beautiful border at every crossing. In Cross River State alone, we have very many crossing points with Cameroon. Imagine the number of crossings in Taraba, Adamawa, Borno and all other states with international boundaries.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by dabossman(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2019
emmabest2000:

Here you gooooooooo

Thank you jare. Just last week, it was reported that a British family "mistakingly" drove across the US border with Canada. Not all border points are big structures. Sometimes it's just a line.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonBenny77(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2019
jaido09:
You know where Ghana dey for map? You’ll go through Benin Republic then Togo before crossing into Ghana. So I no think this boarder closure get any direct effect on Ghana.

Hahahahaha, how can you say this na?
This is so funny
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Goldencheese(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

Few months ago Ghanaian authorities locked up shops and businesses owned in gh. That aside Ghanaian have bullied us enough. Revenge is served.
We have them by their balls now.

I share your perception too.
Your last line We have them by their balls now. amuses me, though.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:

Few months ago Ghanaian authorities locked up shops and businesses owned in gh. That aside Ghanaian have bullied us enough. Revenge is served.

We have devised a means of dealing with this our neighbors particularly Ghana. I think we should allow their border closure to last some more months . We beneoft virtually nothing from that their border.

Yes, it affects them indirectly but it still hurts them to the point engaging us at the diplomatic level
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by firstolalekan(m): 10:34am On Oct 19, 2019
whatisthetruth:

As in...

Two rusted barrels by the side of the road with one loose chain tied across.

I guess Nigeria is allergic to class on every level.
As loose as you think that border is, dem no born yà pápá well make you smuggle anything in especially rice without being shot in the back or head... Try it.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by DonBenny77(m): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2019
jaido09:
You know where Ghana dey for map? You’ll go through Benin Republic then Togo before crossing into Ghana. So I no think this boarder closure get any direct effect on Ghana.
Oya go Aflao border go see wetin dey happen there next go Tudu(Accra) ask the aboki them wey dey change dollar there say how market then enter kantamanto go ask the traders how far?
The lady I get my shoes from buys from Togo and Ghana and transports down to PH her goods have been stuck for about 2 months now. So whose going to buy when border is closed. Ask the transporters how market these days. Then go to Vienna city circle go ask the hustlers how far.
Finally Nigerians are affected as well but we be giant na them go feel am pass.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by JaruJaru890: 10:44am On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:
Few months ago Ghanaian authorities locked up shops and businesses owned by Nigerians in gh. That aside Ghanaian have bullied us enough. Revenge is served.
ghana is a small kid. If we had a president like abacha, ghana would have been sold off by now
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by MKULTRA: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2019
emmabest2000:

Here you gooooooooo
Guy you get time to reply all this peeps that used to backwardness.....you try

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by JaruJaru890: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2019
jaido09:
when we have your time, u will cry and beg nigeria. Just switch light in kainji dam and the whole of ghana will be in darkness
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by OChimex: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2019
TheMainMan:
cool... So almost all this small africa countries depends on us undecided

Them no depend on Nigeria per say. Them fit buy most of those goods from other countries oo. Just that many naija guys are business wise. Them dey go deep into every nooks and crannies and open people eyes to so many businesses. Like the Europeans come enter Africa open their eyes. E get this guy wey i know wella just left for one African country a few months ago come discover one business na only him dey supply the goods from Naija. Mennn, any amount of waybill wey you send this guy, he sells them off in two days and returns money.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Bioboy1213(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:
what is border supposed to look like? paradise?

show me a beautiful border.?
see this

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lomprico(m): 10:51am On Oct 19, 2019
kollinz1234:
This is a good thing, but for many it is bad because it is Buhari that has done it

most of buhari's policies are good but on wrong timing and against only the poor man.

why are generators still being imported?
why is petrol still being imported?

ans- because it favours the rich n super rich only.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by dabossman(m): 10:55am On Oct 19, 2019
Bioboy1213:
see this

This house sits on a US-Canada border with a door that leads into Canada and must always be bolted.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3567283/this-border-straddling-u-s-home-has-a-door-that-leads-right-to-canada/amp/

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by saniby: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2019
slimfit1:
Look at that filthy sheet whole country border who is going to take us serious.

I wonder in which hole you reside, and who the hell are you there?

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by freemi(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2019
IamCharles123:
So na the border be this
lols
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by MrGerald(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2019
Pavore9:
I just love crossing borders on foot. cheesy
Yes, me too it feels a sense of heroism, within a minute you're in two countries.

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Giftexx: 11:15am On Oct 19, 2019
GenBuhari:
In fact the Nigerian Customs are trying to tempt some trucks attempt to cross without permission so Nigeria can legally consficate their trucks and goods grin
Police, custom same pattern
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by And9: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2019
whatisthetruth:

As in...

Two rusted barrels by the side of the road with one loose chain tied across.

I guess Nigeria is allergic to class on every level.
Oh God. angry

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Biodun556(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2019
ednut1:
Rope as demarcator Chai

That should be a distance from the main gate.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Just30: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2019
JaruJaru890:
when we have your time, u will cry and beg nigeria. Just switch light in kainji dam and the whole of ghana will be in darkness
Your kainji dam light doesnt even reach Abuja

you are here making noise

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Biodun556(m): 11:22am On Oct 19, 2019
Bioboy1213:
see this

There are many roads in border areas. Major and smaller ones. The picture may be a long distance from the main gate.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Pavore9: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2019
MrGerald:
Yes, me too it feels a sense of heroism, within a minute you're in two countries.

You captured it well! cheesy

Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Just30: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

We have devised a means of dealing with this our neighbors particularly Ghana. I think we should allow their border closure to last some more months . We beneoft virtually nothing from that their border.

Yes, it affects them indirectly but it still hurts them to the point engaging us at the diplomatic level
funny grin grin grin grin grin

when Ghana retaliate
you will cry louder

hope you know what it means to lose 2 billion dollars
Equatorial Guinea will be soo happy when Ghana retaliate
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Imustreturn(m): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2019
Pavore9:
u know bro
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Adrian98(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2019
Lol see border.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by Treasure17(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2019
Commentor:

You've turned it to midnight now.

Would you die if you don't lie?

Before you saboteurs claimed the northern borders were free and accessible to traffic and trade but now that you've been shown pictures, you've started with the night theory.

Again I ask, would it kill you to tell the truth?
Oga calm down okay. When did I make such insinuation that the northern borders were free and accessible?? However You can't deny the fact that our borders are porous generally. As regards to your night duty theory, My submission wasn't even base on those pictures but what's going on in lag. Because the story has to do with the north so I should not express my thoughts again cause I don't understand your agitation about truth here.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 11:48am On Oct 19, 2019
DonBenny77:
Few months ago Ghanaian authorities locked up shops and businesses owned by Nigerians in gh. That aside Ghanaian have bullied us enough. Revenge is served.

Which revenge? Does Nigeria share border with Ghana?
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by tot(f): 11:50am On Oct 19, 2019
Pavore9:

Best of all in a place where 3 countries' borders meet.
Re: The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User by lexy2014: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2019
JaruJaru890:

In which movie did u watch that?

Army Releases Video Of Encounter With Bandits In Southern Kaduna / Buba Galadima: Why Abacha Stashed Billions Of Dollars In Foreign Accounts / Governors Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ugwuanyi Visit Atiku