Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts (2257 Views)

Igbo Presidency 2023 Will End IPOB Activities - Ohanaeze Assures Nigerians / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" / Igbo Presidency: Okorocha 'Stands The Best Chance' - Governor Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2019
I just read the Vatsa's statement, Igbo Presidency being a right and not a privilege and it got me thinking on the possibilities and strategies;
Well I align with vatsa on this. For a 2023 igbo presidency, I believe consultations and strategies have to start in earnest; personally I think Peter Obi, Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha are candidates with a winning chance. I also believe the Igbo nation will have to put up a United front and form alliances with other geo political regions.
Kindly share your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by blackboy(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2019
Long overdue

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2019
blackboy:
Long overdue
True but who would you vote for?
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
If PDP thought it could win a National election with Igbo as its flag bearer it would long ago have put an Igbo man forward. APC does not believe so either, judging by the hatred for it in Igboland. These two parties hold influence to address Igbo aspiration.

Over the years, and even as recent as this week evident in Abaribe's speech infront of his brothers in US, Igbo continues to tell the rest of the country that the development of Nigeria is its credit. The Igbo ambition and rush for recognition is an anti-culture that turn others off and without exception every other ethnic group, major or minor, remote or next door are irritated by Igbo's disruption and disrespect. There is fear that what Igbo represent locally in every community it is in will be multiplied and magnified many fold when the reins of national power is given to them.

Igbo wants Presidency, but Igbo is not ready to act and behave Presidential. There is a hurdle Igbo must first cross before it should ask for Presidency. Before you ask others to do what you want first do what they have asked of you for decades and you ignore, with pride.

Other ethnic groups have asked you continously for decades that regardless of what Nigerian Constitution says about citizenship each land is a sacred ground with its dos and donts and you should not desecrate their culture, their land and their people. When are you going to do what they've asked of you? This is at the root of why many of your neighbours and those who are not your neighbors reject you as a choice to this point.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:
If PDP thought it could win a National election with Igbo as its flag bearer it would long ago have put an Igbo man forward. APC does not believe so either, judging by the hatred for it in Igboland. These two parties hold influence to address Igbo aspiration.

Over the years, and even as recent as this week evident in Abaribe's speech infront of his brothers in US, Igbo continues to tell the rest of the country that the development of Nigeria is its credit. The Igbo ambition and rush for recognition is an anti-culture that turn others off and without exception every other ethnic group, major or minor, remote or next door are irritated by Igbo's disruption and disrespect. There is fear that what Igbo represent locally in every community it is in will be multiplied and magnified many fold when the reins of national power is given to them.

Igbo wants Presidency, but Igbo is not ready to act and behave Presidential. There is a hurdle Igbo must first cross before it should ask for Presidency. Before you ask others to do what you want first do what they have asked of you for decades and you ignore, with pride.

Other ethnic groups have asked you continously for decades that regardless of what Nigerian Constitution says about citizenship each land is a sacred ground with its dos and donts and you should not desecrate their culture, their land and their people. When are you going to do what they've asked of you? This is at the root of why many of your neighbours and those who are not your neighbors reject you as a choice to this point.
While I agree with some part of your narrative, I don't agree with the others, especially the part of desecrating the culture of others, can you share such experience?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by alhassanyusuf29(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
Chai!! Nyamuri flat.head, it will never be good with you.. so after all the insults, calling APC an Islamic party, maligning fulani at every given opportunity, rejecting ruga, shouting islamization, rejecting to vote APC at the polls, supporting the Shiites... now all of a sudden you want to build bridges with the same north u have been abusing and castigating grin cheesy

Isn't God wonderful!?! I mean we northerners most be really foolish and illiterates, hence the reason we will vote you.. or maybe bcuz we are sacred of you!! grin

Do you think any knows this Vatsa in the north? undecided

Shebi 2023 will come, una eyes go clear
MrHyde:
I just read the Vatsa's statement, Igbo Presidency being a right and not a privilege and it got me thinking on the possibilities and strategies;
Well I align with vatsa on this. For a 2023 igbo presidency, I believe consultations and strategies have to start in earnest; personally I think Peter Obi, Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha are candidates with a winning chance. I also believe the Igbo nation will have to put up a United front and form alliances with other geo political regions.
Kindly share your thoughts.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
Chai!! Nyamuri flat.head, it will never be good with you.. so after all the insults, calling APC an Islamic party, maligning fulani at every given opportunity, rejecting ruga, shouting islamization, rejecting to vote APC at the polls, supporting the Shiites... now all of a sudden you want to build bridges with the same north u have been abusing and castigating grin cheesy

Isn't God wonderful!?! I mean we northerners most be really foolish and illiterates, hence the reason we will vote you.. or maybe bcuz we are sacred of you!! grin

Do you think any knows this Vatsa in the north? undecided

Shebi 2023 will come, una eyes go clear

You didn't understand the message, what I wrote is not about an Arewa presidency but a Nigerian president come 2023.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by alhassanyusuf29(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
It can only be a northerner or SW presidency
MrHyde:

You didn't understand the message, what I wrote is not about an Arewa presidency but a Nigerian president come 2023.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MrHyde: 3:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
It can only be a northerner or SW presidency
Why is this? Does this not justify the agitation due to marginalization?
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
MrHyde:

While I agree with some part of your narrative, I don't agree with the others, especially the part of desecrating the culture of others, can you share such experience?

Each ethnic group has its list of grievances on that aspect.

Here are few of Yorubas. Everything in Yorubaland is about orderliness and authority. This is how we maintain expectations in behaviorals and manneisms. In every Yoruba domain and institution there will always be a heirarchy and a mandate. Those who fail to comply are viewed as anti-culture....disorderly and disharmonious.

1. Market and Iyaloja issue.
There is a authority, an heirarchy and a mandate.

Igbos in Yorubaland rebel against it. They will setup a parallel authority to circumvent the Iyaloja Council.

2. Sacred days with curfew, whether in observation of deity worship or the mourning of a passing monarch.
There is a authority and a mandate.

Igbos dont respect it and repeatedly violate the order....some even calling it archaic, not recognising that Sunday is set aside for exactly same reason and they do not fail to observe it in their life....with good spirit.

3. Yoruba Oba is the sole authority in his domain, no competition.
These dynasties are older than the German dynastic thrones....the oldest and root of all present monarchies in Europe. Yoruba dynasties have authority that surpasses the authority of the Nigerian President or its constitution.

Igbos dont respect Yoruba monarchies and its institutions. They appoint Ezes who hold themselves as absolute power and even will challenge an Oba's authority. Example - Isolo, Akure, Lagos.

Its a long list...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Each ethnic group has its list of grievances on that aspect.

Here are few of Yorubas. Everything in Yorubaland is about orderliness and authority. This is how we maintain expectations in behaviorals and manneisms. In every Yoruba domain and institution there will always be a heirarchy and a mandate. Those who fail to comply are viewed as anti-culture....disorderly and disharmonious.

1. Market and Iyaloja issue.
There is a authority, an heirarchy and a mandate.

Igbos in Yorubaland rebel against it. They will setup a parallel authority to circumvent the Iyaloja Council.

2. Sacred days with curfew, whether in observation of deity worship or the mourning of a passing monarch.
There is a authority and a mandate.

Igbos dont respect it and repeatedly violate the order....some even calling it archaic, not recognising that Sunday is set aside for exactly same reason and they do not fail to observe it in their life....with good spirit.

3. Yoruba Oba is the sole authority in his domain, no competition.
These dynasties are older than the German dynastic thrones....the oldest and root of all present monarchies in Europe. Yoruba dynasties have authority that surpasses the authority of the Nigerian President or its constitution.

Igbos dont respect Yoruba monarchies and its institutions. They appoint Ezes who hold themselves as absolute power and even will challenge an Oba's authority. Example - Isolo, Akure, Lagos.

Its a long list...
More reasons for you to support Biafra grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii obidark afamed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by 50power: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2019
I thought there is an agreement that Igbo man can never become president again in Nigeria

Get more customers and clients. List your business on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by LZAA: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
immhotep:

Metaphysical is eyeing Amaratashagrin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by hammerT: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
IF SW PRESENT A CANDIDATE, SE WILL GO FOR VP AND LET THE NORTH PRESENT THE CANDIDATE IN PDP.

THIS IS WAT IS MOST LIKELY TO HAPPEN.

IN 1999, BOTH PARTIES PRESENTED A SW CANDIDATE. (OBANSANJO V OLU FALAE)

IN 2019, BOTH PARTIES PRESENTED A NORTHERN CANDIDATE. (BUHARI V ATIKU)

IF IT IS ZONING, THEN BOTH APC AND PDP SHOULD PRESENT A SE CANDIDATE OF THEIR CHOICE in 2023.

IF NIGERIA IS FOR ALL OF US AND THE SE IS STILL WANTED IN NIGERIA.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Geesanni: 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2019
IF U HAVE LIZ IELTS VIDEOS,CHAT ME UP ON 0803,I AM WILLING TO PAY TO HAVE IT.....
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Binikingdowm: 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
Igbo man as president? After insulting my tribe, insult our king and elders, laugh at us and you expect me to cast my vote? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by NNEWIsuper: 3:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
only Umahi will pull votes to be honest..Peter Obi has already been tried and he failed..OUK is a known criminal that stole Abia dry...I don't need to tell you much about the one legged okorocha

Obiano too is qualified

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
LZAA:

grin
Dude...
Amaratasha ko, Ashatamara ni.

By the way, it is Amatarasha! Wait make she see your goof! You want trouble. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
LZAA:

Igbo wife seekers everywhere

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by gidgiddy: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Doesnt matter who produces the president, it wont help the common man on the street. All the presidents Nigeria has produced since 1960, where is Nigeria today? I have nothing against my fellow Igbo becoming president but I know that it wont help us same it didn't help all those who had it in the past.

The Igbo nation should be striving for it's own separate country or at the barest minimum, it's own autonomous Region where they control and manage their affairs

This is what is important, not the useless office of president that has helped nobody

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
immhotep:

The class of Igbos eligible for Presidency have voiced their preference. They choosed ONE NIGERIA over Biafra. Those clamoring for Biafra are ineligible for the Presidency anyway....and their voice is not the Igbo mainstream.

Once your mainstream want Biafra Metaphysical will become an Nwafor and paint my car in Biafran colors. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

The class of Igbos eligible for Presidency have voiced their preference. They choosed ONE NIGERIA over Biafra. Those clamoring for Biafra are ineligible for the Presidency anyway....and their voice is not the Igbo mainstream.

Once your mainstream want Biafra Metaphysical will become an Nwafor and paint my car in Biafran colors. grin grin
So you are sitting on the fence. grin
Biafra amaka.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by LZAA: 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

So you just want igbo domination
It's settled

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by LZAA: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin
Dude...
Amaratasha ko, Ashatamara ni.

By the way, it is Amatarasha! Wait make she see your goof! You want trouble. grin
Sotey u correct her name
Igbo wife tinz grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
hammerT:
IF SW PRESENT A CANDIDATE, SE WILL GO FOR VP AND LET THE NORTH PRESENT THE CANDIDATE IN PDP.

THIS IS WAT IS MOST LIKELY TO HAPPEN.

IN 1999, BOTH PARTIES PRESENTED A SW CANDIDATE. (OBANSANJO V OLU FALAE)

IN 2019, BOTH PARTIES PRESENTED A NORTHERN CANDIDATE. (BUHARI V ATIKU)

IF IT IS ZONING, THEN BOTH APC AND PDP SHOULD PRESENT A SE CANDIDATE OF THEIR CHOICE in 2023.

IF NIGERIA IS FOR ALL OF US AND THE SE IS STILL WANTED IN NIGERIA.

Selection used to suffice just on Gentleman's word and handshake. You Igbos defaulted in 2014.

The Gentleman's handshake in 2011 was to allow the statutory successor to YarAdua...Goodluck Jonathan, complete the term of that Administration. In 2015 after expiration of his mandate he will step aside for North to complete 8yrs and then rotate it back to South.

Before the PDP primary Atiku was a strong contender. Igbos told PDP that Jonathan must go for second term. Obasanjo came out and warned that the agreement was for North to present candidate in 2015. Makarfi, Babagana, Lamido....all were very upset by the shift. Also, many Governors were angered by the division in the Governors forum of PDP and Jonathan's support for one faction over the other. All this coincided with preparation for party primaries in 2014 and election in 2015. The Governors formed what is called nPDP. They defected to APC. At the primaries Igbos backed Jonathan against Northern contenders making him the PDP flag bearer and thus, substantially, violating the Gentlemen's agreement of 2011.

This angered Atiku and he defected to join APC shortly before its Primary. He lost that primary to Buhari. This event repeated itself in 2018. He hoped to get APC flag but was told Buhari is returning for second term. This pushed him again to return to PDP. APC does not base its politics on Gentleman's handshake...its all about two things only...

1. Political value of the contestants in Primary.

2. The number forecasts for political victory.

So, to your point, APC is all about competition. You have to prove the two points above to get the flag. Not only must a President win his election he must also win elections for tickets at Federal, State and Local govts.

In PDP, do they still have selection based on Gentleman's handshake? I doubt it! Igbo ruined that structure in 2015 already.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2019
LZAA:

Sotey u correct her name
Igbo wife tinz grin

grin grin. Wallahi you yeye!

Hey Amatarasha.... kiss kiss
You are beautiful!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by hammerT: 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Selection used to suffice just on Gentleman's word and handshake. You Igbos defaulted in 2014.

The Gentleman's handshake in 2011 was to allow the statutory successor to YarAdua...Goodluck Jonathan, complete the term of that Administration. In 2015 after expiration of his mandate he will step aside for North to complete 8yrs and then rotate it back to South.

Before the PDP primary Atiku was a strong contender. Igbos told PDP that Jonathan must go for second term. Obasanjo came out and warned that the agreement was for North to present candidate in 2015. Makarfi, Babagana, Lamido....all were very upset by the shift. Also, many Governors were angered by the division in the Governors forum of PDP and Jonathan's support for one faction over the other. All this coincided with preparation for party primaries in 2014 and election in 2015. The Governors formed what is called nPDP. They defected to APC. At the primaries Igbos backed Jonathan against Northern contenders making him the PDP flag bearer and thus, substantially, violating the Gentlemen's agreement of 2011.

This angered Atiku and he defected to join APC shortly before its Primary. He lost that primary to Buhari. This event repeated itself in 2018. He hoped to get APC flag but was told Buhari is returning for second term. This pushed him again to return to PDP. APC does not base its politics on Gentleman's handshake...its all about two things only...

1. Political value of the contestants in Primary.

2. The number forecasts for political victory.

So, to your point, APC is all about competition. You have to prove the two points above to get the flag. Not only must a President win his election he must also win elections for tickets at Federal, State and Local govts.

In PDP, do they still have selection based on Gentleman's handshake? I doubt it! Igbo ruined that structure in 2015 already.

KEEP IT UP, U WILL BE LEFT ALONE WITH THE NORTH SHORTLY TO ENJOY YOUR NIGERIA.

THIS, I HAVE AUTHORITATIVE SOURCE ABOUT.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 4:32pm On Oct 19, 2019
immhotep:

So you are sitting on the fence. grin
Biafra amaka.

Igbo Kwenu!
Igbo Kwenu!
Igbo Kwenu!

Immhotep Kwenuzuo nu! grin
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Igbo Kwenu!
Igbo Kwenu!
Igbo Kwenu!

Immhotep Kwenuzuo nu! grin
Iseeeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by MetaPhysical: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
hammerT:

Gidgidy, come and call this chap to order. He is preaching separatism. grin
Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin. Wallahi you yeye!

Hey Amatarasha.... kiss kiss
You are beautiful!
True confessions grin

Helinues is next grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Presidency 2023 - Your Thoughts by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
hammerT:

Long live hammerT and IPOB.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video - Sanusi Sends First Message From Exile After Dethronement / Zahra Buhari Reacts To Coronavirus After Abba Kyari Tested Positive / Ebonyi State Now Home For Both Local And Foreign Investors(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.