Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross (639 Views)

Anthony Ani Proclaimed New Obong Of Calabar / Supreme Court Dethrones Obong Of Calabar, Orders New Selection / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross by LoveThemChubby(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2019
Good day people. Please a friend urgently needs concrete on how marriage is contracted among the Kasuk Qua people of calabar municipality, Cross river state. If you are from there, married from there, have the info or know someone who does please help out. Thanks in anticipation
Re: How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross by nlPoster: 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
Why all these enquiries about traditions, especially among traditional peoples?
Re: How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross by LoveThemChubby(m): 4:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
nairalandposter:
Why all these enquiries about traditions, especially among traditional peoples?
Because there is a need for the information and there's been nobody to provide concrete information to the person person concerned
Re: How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross by nlPoster: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
LoveThemChubby:

Because there is a need for the information and there's been nobody to provide concrete information to the person person concerned

There's a reason for that.

You also didn't mention why the person cant find anyone to give him/her the information, what's the background to this?

Some of these places don't like people enquiring about them btw, especially in matters involving tradition.
Re: How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross by LoveThemChubby(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
nairalandposter:

There's a reason for that.

You also didn't mention why the person cant find anyone to give him/her the information, what's the background to this?

Some of these places don't like people enquiring about them btw, especially in matters involving tradition.
The person in question is not from there but wants to marry someone from there. Unfortunately the lady too isnt staying there and didn't grow up there and as such can't help him with the preliminary info. He needs the preliminary info to help me prepare before going to collect the list officially. So basically the info needed is on the marriage list not intricacies on their culture so to say. Sorry if my post was misinforming
Re: How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross by nlPoster: 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
LoveThemChubby:

The person in question is not from there but wants to marry someone from there. Unfortunately the lady too isnt staying there and didn't grow up there and as such can't help him with the preliminary info. He needs the preliminary info to help me prepare before going to collect the list officially. So basically the info needed is on the marriage list not intricacies on their culture so to say. Sorry if my post was misinforming

Usually her relatives are supposed to be in charge of such matters (marriage traditions, etc), but perhaps there's an online group similar to the one mentioned on the other thread with the same question?
Re: How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
LoveThemChubby:

A part of my family is from cross river, and when my aunt was about getting married,just like ur friend we all grew up in different States outside our very own state.....What they did was call the eldest person in my maternal family,he came down,he was entertained and well taken care of by both my aunt and her husband to be ,mind u,our maternal and paternal Granny's are late.

The man was able to make one or two calls,before they proceeded to her village,paid the sum of #1500 to collect the marriage list,and even negotiated some of the items.Marriage ain't that expensive in cross river,it all depends on the family u are getting married to,some of them are just too greedy and see their daughter as a yardstick to extort the groom.

Now my point is,nobody can tell u for sure how much it will cost or the actual way it is done unless u go there urself .so take d pain and go yourself.
Re: How Is Marriage Conducted Among Kasuk Qua People Of Calabar Municipality, Cross by LoveThemChubby(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
ReneeNuttall:

A part of my family is from cross river, and when my aunt was about getting married,just like ur friend we all grew up in different States outside our very own state.....What they did was call the eldest person in my maternal family,he came down,he was entertained and well taken care of by both my aunt and her husband to be ,mind u,our maternal and paternal Granny's are late.

The man was able to make one or two calls,before they proceeded to her village,paid the sum of #1500 to collect the marriage list,and even negotiated some of the items.Marriage ain't that expensive in cross river,it all depends on the family u are getting married to,some of them are just too greedy and see their daughter as a yardstick to extort the groom.

Now my point is,nobody can tell u for sure how much it will cost or the actual way it is done unless u go there urself .so take d pain and go yourself.
Thanks a lot. I appreciate

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When We Ruled Egypt / Why Dancing Leads To Bonding / Shout Out To My Kaduna Peeps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.