Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Local 'Foreign' Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Local 'Foreign' Rice (491 Views)

Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets / 50kg Foreign Rice Now 30k In Port-Harcout (Pay On Delivery) / Are You In Need Of A Local/foreign Catering Services? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Local 'Foreign' Rice by Younghacka(m): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Went To Buy Rice At The Market Recently And I Was Doing Market Survey For The Foreign And Local Rice, I Noticed That The Rice In Royal Stallion Selling For N25,000 Was The Same Rice Grain In Mama's Choice Bag Sold For N19,000.
When i Asked One Of The Traders, She Confided In Me And Told Me That Foreign Rice Are Between Very Scarce And Not Available Therefore The Local Rice Grains Are Packaged In Foreign Bags Like Royal Stallion And Mama Gold And Sold Of At The Same Price With Foreign Rice, Therefore More Than 90% Of The ''Foreign Rice'' We Buy Are Actually Local Rice Packaged In Foreign Bags.
Also, A Post I Came Across Today Further Comfirmed My Suspision. Below Are Excerpts Of The Post:

'Local rice in foreign bags'
A new twist to the rising prices is the fact that some smugglers now put local rice in the bags meant for the foreign product. This was witnessed in one of the villages, where our correspondent was on covert operation. The village (names withheld), which was far away from the border and many miles into a busy Lagos busy area, had some of inhabitants repackaging the product.
Saturday Telegraph team saw some people in the process of exchanging the bags, this they noted was to make it more attractive as many people believe in the consumption of foreign products. “This is just our way of making good money in this period. Many people want to eat foreign rice, they prefer Uncle Benz and other foreign rice but they don’t know the taste. “Once they see it in the foreign bag, they will buy it. We have been selling it to them, and they are eating it. That shows you that many of them do not even know what they are buying”, one the sellers told our correspondent.

Re: Local 'Foreign' Rice by Younghacka(m): 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
tjskii
MissyB3
Dominique
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Are You Aware? Are Nigerians Aware??

(1) (Reply)

Thailand Fish At A Discounted Price / Smoked And Fresh Catfish Available For Sale In Abuja / No Knead Perfect Soft Sardine Bread, Easy Homemade No Knead Bread, Cook With Me,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.