Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens (46918 Views)

Baby Monkey Clinging To Dead Mother In Lion's Mouth (Graphic Photos) / Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others / Meet Rare White Lion With Gorgeous Hairstyle (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by pacehood(m): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2019
lmao police deployed to arrest the Lion Abi
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by uuzba(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2019
Abdulnur:

Actually Sir, I work there and we have the things you mentioned.
You have any idea what deworming is?
Well to deworm a lion, you'll have to sedate it.
How do you know when the lion has worm?
The ones running in the wild, do they have worms too? If they don't need deworming also, what are they eating that keeps then healthier than the recaptured one?
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Kokaine(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2019
chigoziri2403:
then why did it escape
all zoo animals want to be free on a steady.

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Whoiwannabe(m): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2019
Make the lion go fight boko haram
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Abdulnur(m): 10:47am On Oct 20, 2019
uuzba:

How do you know when the lion has worm?
You don't, you assume.
You deworm it after every three months.
While handling it food, you may contaminate it.

The ones running in the wild, do they have worms too? If they don't need deworming also, what are they eating that keeps then healthier than the recaptured one?
Yes they have worms.
Should you eat raw food for a week, worms will definitely hatch in your gut.
Mind you, animals live longer in captivity that in their natural habitat. Worm in the gut is one of the factors that shorten the life span.
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Trezagezz: 10:49am On Oct 20, 2019
mmb:
There is panic around Zoo Road area of Kano metropolis as lion escaped its enclosure in Kano Zoological Gardens on Saturday night.

Sources told DAILY NIGERIAN that the incident happened when the big cat overpowered rangers trying to put it back to its cage after agricultural show outing.

Although the zoo officials could not be reached for comment, the spokesman for Kano Police Command, DSP Abdullahi kiyawa, confirmed the incident.

He however said the lion was still within the zoo area.

He also said that a search team has been deployed to look for the lion, adding that policemen have been deployed to the area to maintain law and order.

Mr Kiyawa said no reported injury so far on the part of the rangers or other officials.

https://dailynigerian.com/breaking-lion-escapes-from-kano-zoo/

What's all this nonsense grammar for..
Simply tell us that lion has escaped from Kano zoo....
Unsecured zoo..
Kano ppl be at alert...
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by iammolise(m): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2019
Ola17:

What kind of ‘agricultural show’ requires taking a LION out of its enclosure?! Abi lion don turn agricultural product or equipment ni

e weak my bone ohhh angry
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by chigoziri2403(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Kokaine:
all zoo animals want to be free on a steady.
is it free now
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Taraseun: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2019
[I wonder o....

quote author=Ola17 post=83291829]

What kind of ‘agricultural show’ requires taking a LION out of its enclosure?! Abi lion don turn agricultural product or equipment ni

[/quote]
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by etrange: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2019
Ola17:

Are you a student of Agricultural science? You can't know yours and tell others how to do theirs. What you don't know, you don't know. Yes, wild animals are used in agric studies for many purposes including livestock protection techniques.

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Ola17: 11:38am On Oct 20, 2019
Abdulnur:

Lol,
I'm a staff of the zoo.
The lion was lent to some people and then taken to Abuja.
The agricultural show will also explain ecological successions, the formation of food chains and webs etc.
Not Only Lion, but spotted and striped hyenas too.
The presence of these carnivores is very ok.

I don learn something new.

If I may ask, handling and or being close to such wild animals doesn’t scare you?
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Risingblue008(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
Why e b say na only lion dey xcape from zoo,why?
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by engrfaruq(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
maynation:
Kano needs depopulation grin grin

Likewise Lagos... We need to deploy firing squad there.
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by WowSweetGuy(m): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
Risingblue008:
Why e b say na only lion dey xcape from zoo,why?
Lion is a king and a king find it very disrespectful being caged...
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by tayebest(m): 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kokaine:
if you see that kano state zoo lion my brother, its the biggest I have seen. And I was there when they were feeding it on one occasion. That lion is scary bro

Some people just blab nonsense from a corner in there room because this is a faceless forum, but I don't blame them. sad

Meanwhile, The Hippo is the most scary! Having an eye contact with the beast will make you feel disgusted!

They are really trying in that zoo though!

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2019
Wetin concern Police man and lion?.......
Pls leave the lion to get fresh air and will later return to her cage....

After killing her enemies anyway....
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by pharmagba: 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2019
Na lie
Search all suya tables, summon all Suya operators urgently
Suya meat loading?
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by maynation(f): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
SkinnyNigga:
are u from kano ?

Nope
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by maynation(f): 1:15pm On Oct 20, 2019
micxwell:

Honestly undecided . Make the lion blow like half sef.... grin
ABI O
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by micxwell(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
maynation:
ABI O
cheesy . Happy Sunday.
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Kokaine(m): 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
tayebest:

Some people just blab nonsense from a corner in there room because this is a faceless forum, but I don't blame them. sad

Meanwhile, The Hippo is the most scary! Having an eye contact with the beast will make you feel disgusted!

They are really trying in that zoo though!
very true.
Have you been to yankari in bauchi? Lol. Travelled there only to be told all the accommodation was booked. All except the one of 150k per night. I'm like... Whaarrt?? What if I pay that money and I now meet the lions sleeping out of tiredness. I must wake them up oh. I just vex commot
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Abdulnur(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ola17:

I don learn something new.

If I may ask, handling and or being close to such wild animals doesn’t scare you?

Oh man they're hell scary, you don't trust them.

This very lion was brought as a cub. It has 10-12yrs now but the way it behaves, you can't take the risk if being close to it.
As a result, we use hunger against them. You only feed it 80kg in every 48hrs.
During this period, it's very, very hungry. So if you throw a piece of meat into a smaller cage, the lion will rush into the cage. The increase in weight in the cage triggers an auto lock. You have a lion locked safely in a cage.

Now removing it from the cage is manually done.
You put the smaller Cage's opening to face the door of the bigger cage (it's permanent home) then you open.
A lion is a very proud animal, it doesn't let you control it. So it may refuse to enter it's home, it'll stay in the smaller cage for up to 10hrs.
I believe it was during this period of waiting that some parameters didn't add up and it managed to escape.

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Caniva01: 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
TruthProphet:

Hakuna Matata

Thanks but all the same, spelling may differ from region to region. Cheers.
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2019
WowSweetGuy:
grin grin grin

I pity d person d lion go catch one on one for backyard
gringrin

Thank God,,,no one reported dead

1 Like

Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Jaysas1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Notatribalist:
what do your mean? Are the police not armed?or pullet non dey enter lion again?
wen u give dem a distress call...are dey nt armed? Or bullet no dey enta tiff body again?
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Ola17: 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
Abdulnur:

Oh man they're hell scary, you don't trust them.

This very lion was brought as a cub. It has 10-12yrs now but the way it behaves, you can't take the risk if being close to it.
As a result, we use hunger against them. You only feed it 80kg in every 48hrs.
During this period, it's very, very hungry. So if you throw a piece of meat into a smaller cage, the lion will rush into the cage. The increase in weight in the cage triggers an auto lock. You have a lion locked safely in a cage.

Now removing it from the cage is manually done.
You put the smaller Cage's opening to face the door of the bigger cage (it's permanent home) then you open.
A lion is a very proud animal, it doesn't let you control it. So it may refuse to enter it's home, it'll stay in the smaller cage for up to 10hrs.
I believe it was during this period of waiting that some parameters didn't add up and it managed to escape.

Una get mind o shocked
Thanks for the explanation and wishing you all the best.
Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by Abdulnur(m): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ola17:

Una get mind o shocked
Thanks for the explanation

You're welcome

wishing you all the best.
Thank you and you too.
Take care

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lion Escapes From Kano Zoological Gardens by FatherCHRISTMAS: 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2021
iragbmite:

You wreak havoc, not wreck havoc. Awon oloyinbo isonu
lol thanks for this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Safely Observe Sunday’s Solar Eclipse / 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) / Big Snake Caught By Security Guards (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.