Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,012 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) (64758 Views)

This Is Oba, Anambra State (Pictures, Video) / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / Bus Loaded With Passengers Fell Into Gully Erosion In Imo State: Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2019
sadguru:

So those who live in slums don't deserve to live a life without robbery.
no be wetin i talk be dat o....robbery na everywhere for nigeria so ah no no why dey guy come dey mention Uyo. I can remember Apo Resettlement for Abuja how boys dey break into people houses and shops so robbery no dey perculiar to Uyo, even for Lagos dem dey rob depending on where u dey live.
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by SolarHub(m): 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ok

Check my signature for your SOLAR POWER SYSTEM
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by passionberry(f): 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
chuksnielson:
Things And Places To Avoid In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State

As written by Osam

If you're planning to visit or already living in Uyo, in Akwa Ibom State, please written below are things and places you need to avoid for your own good, while you are in Uyo.

1. The Phone Repairers Around Plaza: Should your phone get spoilt, while in Uyo, pls don't make the mistake of taking your phone to any of the so called phone repairers around the popular plaza, cos majority of them are scammers. They don't know how to repair phones.They are just there looking for unsuspecting customers to swindle.
Most of them are agents who pose and pretend to be genuine phone repairers. They are just there to seek and collect phones from customers, which are later taken to the real (but not so good) phone repairer somewhere for repairs. The outrageous fee collected from customers are usually shared between them. And most times, they are unable to repair the phones after collecting money from the owners of the phones. Their main aim is to 'chop' your money. They are swindlers. They don't take their time to learn the work well before setting up shop as phone repairers.

Don't take your phone for repairs to any of those guys at plaza. Simply look for an authorized and well established phone repair company to take your bad phone to in uyo.

2. Shoe Sellers At Plaza: Avoid buying shoes or any footwear on display from any of the sellers around plaza. Majority of them sell substandard footwears that won't last more than 3 months before they start getting spoilt. Avoid them!

They may be cheap, but they are substandard footwears. Save enough money and go to any good boutique in Uyo to get quality shoes that you can wear and enjoy for a long time.

3. And avoid dating Uyo girls. According to some guys I spoke with, most of the girls in Uyo are scammers. Many of them work hand in hand with their main boo to deceive and scam unsuspecting toaster or lover boy. They told me, most of these girls are usually sent and used by their main uyo boyfriend (that can't take care of them very well), to deceive and scam any guy that might want to date her. The girls will give the new loverboy sex, just to make him feel happy and convinced, while they (together with their main boo) feed on his money and resources...

In order not to be scammed, they are advising guys to face their work/business, and avoid Uyo girls. Cos the girls are not in Uyo to count flyovers. They are there to make money off guys.
for the op.you are talkng thrash. All these thngd you mentioned up there happens everywere and everyday it happns in all the 36states ,Lagos s the worst
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by abraolas1: 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2019
currently in Uyo Osongama estate..... everywhere is cool here..... any advice about a place where one can while away time just to catch fun... safe place... anyone will be appreciated thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
See B**BIE on a Sunday....
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Beat123(f): 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2019
Stop saying thrash and make money sir

2 Likes

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by eclecticbaron: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
victorjoe:
You can only attract your type. I live in Uyo and all these things stated here are false.

And how come all your talk is about plaza, Na only plaza de for Uyo?

Anyways, Christmas village will soon be opened in Uyo, come and have fun.

The bolded really got me. Dude knows just the plaza in Uyo. Dude's also writing from his experience there. I believe a lot of folks residing in Uyo will disagree with him in virtually everything he's written. Talk of writing bullocks. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by AvalonSpace(m): 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
Kukuma tell us not to visit Uyo
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Gspotlicker(m): 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
abraolas1:
currently in Uyo Osongama estate..... everywhere is cool here..... any advice about a place where one can while away time just to catch fun... safe place... anyone will be appreciated thanks
pyramid louge udo udoma, tilapia abak , romeo louge ikpa road , inels oron road etc..i no fit mention all
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by DonTattaglia: 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Wetin I wan go find for that kind village with local people..Good road and fly overs only plied with keke and okada..Nbo Okpo!!!
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by rossovu: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Fredumoren(m): 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
This guy deserves one bottle of Yampion lager beer]
Adakintroy2:
This not particular to uyo. I schooled there. UnI uyo.

Uyo girls are the most easieat to date. Love them die.Just have your afan- melon ready. Even if you in one roomThings go still DE happen.

Shout to all my hood bro from uria- ikpa.

Ewet housing pips. Don't know anyone there. Na pass I pass most times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Eze2Odds(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
chuksnielson:

As written by Osam

If you're planning to visit or already living in Uyo, in Akwa Ibom State, please written below are things and places you need to avoid for your own good, while you are in Uyo.

1. The Phone Repairers Around Plaza: Should your phone get spoilt, while in Uyo, pls don't make the mistake of taking your phone to any of the so called phone repairers around the popular plaza, cos majority of them are scammers. They don't know how to repair phones.They are just there looking for unsuspecting customers to swindle.
Most of them are agents who pose and pretend to be genuine phone repairers. They are just there to seek and collect phones from customers, which are later taken to the real (but not so good) phone repairer somewhere for repairs. The outrageous fee collected from customers are usually shared between them. And most times, they are unable to repair the phones after collecting money from the owners of the phones. Their main aim is to 'chop' your money. They are swindlers. They don't take their time to learn the work well before setting up shop as phone repairers.

Don't take your phone for repairs to any of those guys at plaza. Simply look for an authorized and well established phone repair company to take your bad phone to in uyo.

2. Shoe Sellers At Plaza: Avoid buying shoes or any footwear on display from any of the sellers around plaza. Majority of them sell substandard footwears that won't last more than 3 months before they start getting spoilt. Avoid them!

They may be cheap, but they are substandard footwears. Save enough money and go to any good boutique in Uyo to get quality shoes that you can wear and enjoy for a long time.

3. And avoid dating Uyo girls. According to some guys I spoke with, most of the girls in Uyo are scammers. Many of them work hand in hand with their main boo to deceive and scam unsuspecting toaster or lover boy. They told me, most of these girls are usually sent and used by their main uyo boyfriend (that can't take care of them very well), to deceive and scam any guy that might want to date her. The girls will give the new loverboy sex, just to make him feel happy and convinced, while they (together with their main boo) feed on his money and resources...

In order not to be scammed, they are advising guys to face their work/business, and avoid Uyo girls. Cos the girls are not in Uyo to count flyovers. They are there to make money off guys.

Good will punish you for painting AKS black on a public forum.

95% of the people doing business @Uyo Plaza are IGBO people who come and do shaddy businesses and scamming ppl upandan, ur same IGBO brothers that went to South Africa to do all kinds of evil things.

Oga no let me open ur yansh here o!

What audacity!!

IGBO people are d phone repairers and goods sellers that scam people daily, oga dnt let me start oo.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Eze2Odds(m): 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
subtlemee:
I am proudly from Akwa Ibom State and I live in Uyo and I can boldly say OP you are talking rubbish ,your list is lame as I was expecting you to say something serious as any normal city you find people hustling everyday to make ends meet for the phone repairers can you compare it to computer village experience? Not to talk of the shoes don't you know what is called "aba made" you expect someone to go buy expensive shoes and display on the roadside on the floor?for the girls please don't use your beer parlor gossip to classify all Uyo girls because you are not stupid

Ima Ima, Sosongo!

1 Love dearie!

1 Like

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Iamsirpaul1: 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2019
udoakwa:
No. 5 i guess is everywhere, one mallam nearly trick me into this at Kaduna but since I've seen them use such method n collect my friend at uyo#3700 just for inserting few pins in #3500 shoe he bought, naso i curse d mallam n i saw real disappointment in his face which got me laughing

What type of pin please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by CurrentSamuel(m): 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2019
Eze2Odds:

Good will punish you for painting AKS black on a public forum.

95% of the people doing business @Uyo Plaza are IGBO people who come and do shaddy businesses and scamming ppl upandan, ur same IGBO brothers that went to South Africa to do all kinds of evil things.

Oga no let me open ur yansh here o!

What audacity!!

IGBO people are d phone repairers and goods sellers that scam people daily, oga dnt let me start oo.

You are the only confirmed fool here. I read all the comments. People like you shouldn’t be where human beings are. Ode!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Rolex66: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
Balderdash. Watery . Senseless. Zero Objectivity. Fact-less.

1 Like

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Toneyo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
OyiboPep:
This post is why I keep thinking Nairaland is becoming useless.

Someone made a post without good research or whatever, it's in frontpage boom!

The things spoken of here happen in any city. Except the OP was living in a village before now.

With the nonsense things he wrote, he painted all Uyo girls with one brush. So my friend Edima that works hard to send herself through university and is currently job-hunting will not get a man because of one idiotic post.

Seun, your forum is becoming useless. Tell your mods to push reasonable things to the frontpage.

They push trash to front page all for traffic. Useless headlines on front page. I'm so sure this is a directive from Seun himself.

All his MODs go haywire whenever they see useless posts. They develop itching fingers whenever a senseless post is dropped. In minutes all you see is trash on front page. Lots of useful posts are left.

Sometimes you see a very useful post grace front page after a year or two. The only people keeping nairaland relevant are the tribalists, bigots and the religious extremists. These are their targets.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Rolex66: 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
chuksnielson:

As written by Osam

Guys hustle o, don't be like the op, so that you can buy shoes that doesn't require pins before you wear them.

Hustle so that you can buy a good phone with an accredited Service Centre for repairs and not stopping at roadside kiosks for repairs and coming here to whine like a baby.

Hustle , so you won't roll with street girls and when you get your fingers burnt, you now generalize that the girls from a particular town behave that way.
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by thinkmoney(m): 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
chuksnielson:

As written by Osam

if the picture u posted is that of an uyo girl!? I say naaaaaa to ur advice. I DIE HERE

Well joke apart, my fiancee is an uyo girl and she is the most wonderful person I have ever met. SIMPLE

2 Likes

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Seepayday: 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
The girls case is true. Akwa Ibom babes are scammers. They don't even want to marry. They just prefer their people and if they know you are not an Ibibio or from any of their tribes, your own don finish. The truth is that their girls don't even want to marry. They prefer fucking their people around and swindling other people's moneys for their main boy friends from Akwa ibom.
I served their and I know them from head to toe. The one I had wanted to marry ended up disappointing me. Some one who just finished secondary school and was just wasting at home. I saw her, very pretty girl. You know how they can be that pretty. All my plans for this girl were that I was ready to train her through varsity. She ended up disappointing me. But I thank God, it didn't work out between me and her. God wanted me to come back and marry a nurse and some one from my side. God is the chief maker of all marriages.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by tommenoh(m): 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
LONEER:
I doubt about the phone repairers
those boys the always deliver
and the don't charge much
I concur with you on this point. On the side of Plaza, by oron road, those boys are good and have fixed my fones, twice, even once where d guys at slot, could not. They are cheap, but It does not mean, all are out to scam
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by chukwuibuipob: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
dominique:
The Uyo phone repairers are learning work where the computer village crooks are. Those ones will remove the remaining good parts of your phone and replace with inferior parts (that's if you're lucky enough not to return home with a fufu phone or have your phone stolen). If you don't know your way around that place or go with someone that does, better you don't go there. There are more criminals than honest people there
I'm a victim too.In those days of BB.Nah so the useless boy replaced my new screen wit dead one..D boy disappeared the 2nd day without trace..What dey usually do is to leave out with ur phone dat dey wan go check the spare part elsewhere/ ask colleague..Phew!
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by paltielx: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
Wrong write up, most of phone repairers do what you said, its normal among people in that business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by ozoebuka1(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
IdeeEsperanza:
4. Avoid those guys that will accuse you of hitting them after they hit you first or positioning themselves where you'd unintentionally or unknowingly hit them. They'll ask you to show them "joy" and if you give them a token out of good faith, their partners will infest the area and ask you for their "joy" too... grin

Just tell them their tricks or shout and they'll disperse while cheering you as "smart guy" or "big boss"

5. When buying shoes at plaza, avoid those guys that will offer to insert pins in your shoes for free or for a token of N50. They will charge you N300 per pin afterwards and you must pay with cash or your phone. grin

And yes, I'm speaking from experience!
That stupid "you hit me" incident happened to me sha... That dude ended up forcefully taking my phone from my pocket, i quickly grabbed him and snatched my phone back from him.... What happened na long story sha.
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by omohlexy: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
OyiboPep:
This post is why I keep thinking Nairaland is becoming useless.

Someone made a post without good research or whatever, it's in frontpage boom!

The things spoken of here happen in any city. Except the OP was living in a village before now.

With the nonsense things he wrote, he painted all Uyo girls with one brush. So my friend Edima that works hard to send herself through university and is currently job-hunting will not get a man because of one idiotic post.

Seun, your forum is becoming useless. Tell your mods to push reasonable things to the frontpage.
You mean my Edima in Calabar south? Dat girl...,
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Kennyswagz1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
noisy45:
By there Toto dey sweet I'm currently fucking one in ibadan shocked shocked
nor be omo Igbo you be
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by kendological(m): 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
madenigga:

Most times they are not northerners though.

Today is Sunday why the hate. Wetin ahmadu bello do u
What do you mean by hate? Ahmadu Bello Way is a road, please cleanse your mind.
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Pennyways: 10:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
subtlemee:
I am proudly from Akwa Ibom State and I live in Uyo and I can boldly say OP you are talking rubbish ,your list is lame as I was expecting you to say something serious as any normal city you find people hustling everyday to make ends meet for the phone repairers can you compare it to computer village experience? Not to talk of the shoes don't you know what is called "aba made" you expect someone to go buy expensive shoes and display on the roadside on the floor?for the girls please don't use your beer parlor gossip to classify all Uyo girls because you are not stupid
nooooooooo babe the OP is so stupid don't say he is not stupid, in fact the OP has mental problem. He should thank is God that Nairaland is a faceless forum I would have Sue him in a judiciary court for that nonsense he posted there. I feel so bad with that idiot posted that rubbish

1 Like

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Pennyways: 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2019
chuksnielson:

As written by Osam

God will punish you at last, that's is my state though I don't base there but I know that my people and my city are much better people. You put this to condemn thier images, their businesses and daily life hustle, God will punish you.

Seun and lalastica dis Una forum gradually become a trash bin and this may warrant me to hack this trash site of yours, I'm a deadly hacker if I hack this site you won't recover even a pin from it. I will prove to you that I spent several years in Nigerian Institute of Information Technology (NIIT) where I did several IT courses, don't dares me regularize every trash before it make front page. I won't say more this is a faceless forum next time you will hear from me
Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by Donnie2112: 11:13pm On Oct 20, 2019
Uyo babes are good girls, just be careful when asking a girl out. Phone scammers are everywhere in nails, uyo is not exceptional

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Run Away From When You Are In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (pictures) by erai30(m): 12:25am On Oct 21, 2019
Abeg,Make una nor blame them, na the dog meat when them dey chop
cause am. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Yrs After Relocating To The U.K, Nigerian Doctor Shows Off His ‘blessing(pics) / Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos / Peace Mass Transit Limited: What It Takes To Get To The Top - Samuel Onyishi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.