Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,205 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

$9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors (8249 Views)

$9.6bn Scam: How Government Officials Aided P&ID Directors — EFCC Investigator / $11bn Judgement Debt: Court Award £20m Damages In Favour Of Nigeria Against P&ID / Coronavirus: FG Seeks National Assembly’s Approval For N500bn Intervention Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by Islie: 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
•Wants them placed on global security watch

•May file fresh suit to set aside the arbitral award

Yusuf Alli,

THE federal government is considering lodging a formal complaint with the International Police (INTERPOL) against two top executives of the Irish firm, Process and Industrial Developments (P&ID), over the controversial $9.6billion debt judgment against Nigeria.

Government, The Nation learnt on Saturday, may request INTERPOL to place a co-owner of P&ID, Brendan Cahill and Adam Quinn, the son of the owner of P&ID, Michael Quinn on red alert.

The implication of the red alert is that the two men will be on the watch-list of security agencies across the globe.

Besides, government has decided to proceed with the prosecution of companies and suspects involved in the alleged criminal conspiracy which led to the judgment.

Other options being considered by government include filing a fresh suit to set aside the arbitral award; initiating a tortious liability against P&ID; registering the order of forfeiture of assets of P&ID in London; and invoking the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) to extradite some suspects from abroad for trial in Nigeria.

But the most urgent of the options, sources said yesterday, is a likely request to INTERPOL to place Cahill and Quinn on red alert.

A United Kingdom Commercial Court had ordered a stay of execution of the $9.6billion damages secured against Nigeria by P&ID pending the determination of an appeal by the Federal Government.

It however asked the government to make a security payment of $200million to the court within 60 days

The court also granted Nigeria’s leave to file an appeal against the award.

But the court upheld the award and refused to reverse the damages.

It ordered the Federal Government to pay £250,000 to P&ID as ordered by Justice Christopher Butcher of the Commercial Court in London.

Apart from challenging the legality of the $200million security deposit within the 60-day window, the Federal Government and its lawyers are looking at more opportunities of seeking redress.

Sources said the Federal Government was also looking at more legal dimensions to the case against P&ID despite the fact that it has filed a case at the UK Court of Appeal.

One of the sources said: “We are weighing more options on P&ID despite the ongoing appeal against the $9.6billion judgment secured by the company. We want to make it a battle-to-the-finish.

“We know the Irish firm and its backers are also not relenting in legal ambush against Nigeria. We have uncovered their plans which we will frustrate.

“One of the legal windows is the possibility of instructing our lawyers to file a fresh suit to set aside the arbitral award given the fraud unearthed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) before a UK Court.

“We might also consider a fresh suit for tortious liability against P&ID.”

Tortious liability is described by Business Dictionary as: “Legal obligation of one party to a victim as a result of a civil wrong or injury. This action requires some form of remedy from a court system.

“A tort liability arises because of a combination of directly violating a person’s rights and the transgression of a public obligation causing damage or a private wrongdoing. Evidence must be evaluated in a court hearing to identify who the tortfeasor/liable party is in the case.”

The source added: “This (tortious liability) is apart from the step we are taking to register the forfeiture of assets of P&ID to the Federal Government as ordered by a Federal High Court. This may well turn out to be the most effective course for the Federal Government.

“We may also take advantage of Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) between Nigeria and some countries to bring some P&ID officials to justice in Nigeria. I think the EFCC has sent a request on MLAT to the Federal Ministry of Justice on this.”

Another source said: “The Federal Government may ask the International Police (INTERPOL) to place a co-owner of P&ID, Brendan Cahill and Adam Quinn, the son of the owner of P&ID, Michael Quinn on red alert.

“We want these two highly-placed suspects to be extradited to Nigeria for trial. They have a case to answer.”

Responding to a question, the source added: “There is certainly no going back on the trial of some companies and suspects implicated in the criminal conspiracy which led to the arbitral award against Nigeria.

“The government will not stop the ongoing trial of a former Legal Adviser of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Grace Taiga for corruption and procurement fraud.”

“Those to be prosecuted are Goidel Resources Limited, ICIL Limited and all other associated companies of P&ID BVI.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/9-6b-judgment-fg-seeks-interpol-action-against-pid-directors/

2 Likes

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by Sagamaje(m): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2019
All dis trash no be my problem na how dem go take open boarder dey worry me cos naija rice stone fit finish my teeth

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by Wickedtruths: 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sagamaje:
All dis trash no be my problem na how dem go take open boarder dey worry me cos naija rice stone fit finish my teeth

They are blocking thieves from stealing and you're complaining about rice. All the stoneless rice you've been eating, how has it made your life better? Aren't you the same person who wanted to use 500 Naira to get 10 Million?

If those thieves had their way, your children would be boiling stones to eat instead of rice.

SarkinYarki:

Shut up which thieves ? Are you Buharist not tired of lies ? PI&grin is far safer than the Buhari govt for Nigerians ...

Buharists not Buharist.

If the money for your education wasn't stolen by these same thieves, you would have known the difference.

BTW, I'm not a Buharist.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by Racoon(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
cheesy The Buhari presidency could had spared this nation all these iberiberism but seriously goofed in their vendetta on this international conspiracy.

One of the concern is that why is the government still shielding Mohammed Sanusi Bakindo-the then GMD of NNPC when the alleged fraudulent contract was signed?

8 Likes

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
We better do.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by chinavs9ja(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hmmm
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by RichDad1(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sagamaje:
Stale!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by Abohboy: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sagamaje:

There is so many ones that are stone free enemy of progress has parked here Abeg adaminna rice there is no stone ebonyu rice no stone anambra rice no stone kano rice no stone so shut up your mouth empty cocoyam head

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by helinues: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
Better.. Infact, supported..

Let EFCC goes for the local conspirators . No peace for the looters.

And all this shady deals happened under the clueless and visionless party, Pdp

Pdp in Nigeria, never again

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by DesChyko: 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
For a country struggling to cater for its masses and with such debt profile, the court is quite inconsiderate to Nigeria.
FG should explore anyway they can to avoid making this payment. Some unscrupulous elements will always want to benefit from this. shocked

7 Likes

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by faithfull18(f): 1:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sagamaje:
Boring undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by aremuforlife(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
This is a welcome idea , they need to be check and balance

1 Like

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by tweakdude1: 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
When Nigerian Government decides to work they become beast. Great move though grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by Asowebdesign: 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2019
Interesting

I build websites and I'm based IN abuja, 0802 067 5190. see signature.
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by netpro(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nigeria will come out top of this.

Imagine one yeye crew want to scam Nigeria? Not gonna happen. Our eyes are open on this one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by nwamabo247(m): 1:25pm On Oct 20, 2019
alright...please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by helpmyministry: 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
I never still understand the story with this P & ID
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by omenka(m): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2019
Time for Pachukwudi44 to cry some more. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by DesChyko: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2019
helinues:
Better.. Infact, supported..

Let EFCC goes for the local conspirators . No peace for the looters.

And all this shady deals happened under the clueless and visionless party, Pdp

Pdp in Nigeria, never again

True bro.
Life under APC has been so fruitful, flawless and free of all shady deals. I'm sure most Nigerians are shocked by the 'cluefulness' and 'visionfulness' of the ruling party.
That's why EFCC had been hunting other party evildoers, because APC is filled to the brim with saints.
I love the way nobody under PDP when these dirty deals were going on can be found in APC.

undecided

7 Likes

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by netpro(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
P&ID will at last come and beg us for forgiveness for trying to scam Nigeria in broad daylight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by duptie(m): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
RichDad1:

Stale!
y u no dey lik better tin, wch kind of pple z dz
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by VivyZub(f): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by signz: 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Interpol and UK may likely reject our extradition request.
The P&ID guys can go to court and ask the British court to stop their extradition by stating that our Judiciary or rule of law are not respected by the executive and they'll go ahead to prove it simply by googling Dasuki, El Zakky, Sowore, etc. UK will not send its citizens to where the rule of law aren't respected.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by PureGoldh(m): 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ok
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by RichDad1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
duptie:
y u no dey lik better tin, wch kind of pple z dz
What is better thing ?
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by ArmaniUhuru: 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
Y
Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by RichDad1(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
signz:
Interpol and UK may likely reject our extradition request.
The P&ID guys can go to court and ask the British court to stop their extradition by stating that our Judiciary or rule of law are not respected by the executive and they'll go ahead to prove it simply by googling Dasuki, El Zakky, Sowore, etc. UK will not send its citizens to where the rule of law aren't respected.

Keep wailing cheesy

2 Likes

Re: $9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors by helinues: 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
DesChyko:

True bro.
Life under APC has been so fruitful, flawless and free of all shady deals.
That's why EFCC had been hunting other party evildoers, because APC is filled to the brim with saints.
I love the way nobody under PDP when these dirty deals were going on can be found in APC.

undecided

Enemy of the nation spotted..The said money belongs to every Nigerians except if you do not pay tax one way or the other which is not possible .

Every sane Nigerians supposed to be happy with this developments excepts......

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Curent Value Of Mr And Mrs Gej's Assets / Ojukwu’s Lawyer Explains His Will. / SEE Church Where All Members Worship God Naked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.