Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage (44057 Views)

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2019
I got married as a young virgin...probably didnt understand what love was all about then....I've never really felt love or being loved in my marriage..coupled with some other marriage issues..I wear the shoes and I know where it hurts...all I need is advices on how to build my love life and not yabs pls...it's very hurtful cry

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by emirateprince: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
I got married as a young virgin...probably didnt understand what love was all about then....I've never really felt love or being loved in my marriage..coupled with some other marriage issues..I wear the shoes and I know where it hurts...all I need is advices on how to build my love life and not yabs pls...it's very hurtful cry
let's me pastor Nelson you ,I think u need it

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2019
sadly...there is no way to build love where there isnt any foundation for love to grow... the foundation is messed up from the get go. dont believe the hype that people say that you can love someone irrespective of what you guys share/feel for one another, thats a damn LIE!

you should learn to respect this person, learn to stay positive about your not so great position, and do whats right with the choices you've made... but the reality is that love would NEVER cherish from such union.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
emirateprince:
let's me pastor Nelson you ,I think u need it
lol. .. pastor Wilson u mean? Seriously jor....no yabs

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by emirateprince: 3:07pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
lol. .. pastor Wilson u mean? Seriously jor....no yabs
you even sabi d name lolz then u feel me be dat

17 Likes

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 3:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
sadly...there is no way to build love where there isnt any foundation for love to grow... the foundation is messed up from the get go. dont believe the hype that people say that you can love someone irrespective of what you guys share/feel for one another, thats a damn LIE!

you should learn to respect this person, learn to stay positive about your not so great position, and do whats right with the choices you've made... but the reality is that love would NEVER cherish from such union.
hmmmmmmmm....deep
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by totosucker(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
If you are a Christian,your duty is to submit to your husband and his duty is to love you. Don't you people buy surprise gifts for yourselves? This is one way you can use to ignite the fire of love in your relationship. Prepare his best meal for him. Be an obedient wife, Take a stroll together, See a movie together, Dress sexually for him at home and make love to him when he wants it and generously too. And in return your husband will shower you with lots of love.

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
totosucker:
If you are a Christian,your duty is to submit to your husband and his duty is to love you. Don't you people buy surprise gifts for yourselves? This is one way you can use to ignite the fire of love in your relationship. Prepare his best meal for him. Be an obedient wife, Take a stroll together, See a movie together, Dress sexually for him at home and make love to him when he wants it and generously too. And in return your husband will shower you with lots of love.
I hv been trying to play my role as a wife anyway.... thanks for u warm advices....I'm grateful..ur name though undecided

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
I read a thread here sometimes ago where Men were advised to marry and learn to love those who love them and only use and dump those they love.I asked how does one learn to love but my question was left unanswered, the ones who tried to answer only danced around it. No procedure or How to was provided and I laughed. How men bask judiciously in so much ignorance amuse me! They believe women learn to love so they can do it too.But only the wise one would ask how women easily divert this so called love on their children as soon as they are born neglecting the fathers. Was the love ever there?

The truth is you can never learn to love, you can only learn to appreciate.Love is not something you can create but Gratitude, you can. The misconception comes when people mix up love and gratitude. Contrary to what we see movies like a man learning to love the woman he was force to marry, No! he only learned to appreciate and live with the woman after his brain has been reconfigured by a terrible situation that might have caused him to lose the Good woman.

Op, you can't learn to love. You can only learn to appreciate, learn to be with and learn to accept your Man. In this case, look at the positive sides of things, compare his good qualities to what others do not have and accept him. I wish you luck.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by totosucker(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
I hv been trying to play my role as a wife anyway.... thanks for u warm advices....I'm grateful..ur name though undecided
You like my name?

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
This is exactly why I can not marry a virgin or anyone under 25.

Marriage is a serious business so it requires trainings from father, brothers, male cousins, boyfriends, classmates, male co-workers etc. If a lady hasn't gotten to these stages, then she shouldn't be ready and available for marriage.

Marriage without love is as good as cohabitation, no marriage counsellor or pastor can change that.

You guys should sit down and have a long conversation and your decision should based on that, not on advice from nairaland.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by daddytime(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
Hmm

Na you wear shoes oh...

No one here can give you any advice based on the very scanty info above.

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Kido90(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2019
Love is what you define it to be. Love your situation and don't compare with anyone else. Every home has its challenges, how you manage it makes the difference.

You will grow into enjoying your home. Find what interest you to kill boredom, share in his interest. Explore more, communicate non stop. All the best.

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by farady(m): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
So OP, how did you meet him? What attracted you to him? What made you fall in love with him? If you can answer these questions then you closer to your answer.

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Easybela(f): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2019
undecided if advice must solve your problems then,both of you must visit a counselor. You alone can't solve this problem.

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 20, 2019
Are you sure you married a real virgin .

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:

Why are you crying? Are you not wiser than men again?

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2019
Ariza:
I read a thread here sometimes ago where Men were advised to marry and learn to love those who love them and only use and dump those they love.I asked how does one learn to love but my question was left unanswered, the ones who tried to answer only danced around it. No procedure or How to was provided and I laughed. How men bask judiciously in so much ignorance amuse me! They believe women learn to love so they can do it too.But only the wise one would ask how women easily divert this so called love on their children as soon as they are born neglecting the fathers. Was the love ever there?

The truth is you can never learn to love, you can only learn to appreciate.Love is not something you can create but Gratitude, you can. The misconception comes when people mix up love and gratitude. Contrary to what we see movies like a man learning to love the woman he was force to marry, No! he only learned to appreciate and live with the woman after his brain has been reconfigured by a terrible situation that might have caused him to lose the Good woman.

Op, you can't learn to love. You can only learn to appreciate, learn to be with and learn to accept your Man. In this case, look at the positive sides of things, compare his good qualities to what others do not have and accept him. I wish you luck.
thanks alot for this

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
thanks alot for this
You are welcome. smiley
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2019
farady:
So OP, how did you meet him? What attracted you to him? What made you fall in love with him? If you can answer these questions then you closer to your answer.
ur right
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2019
Easybela:
undecided if advice must solve your problems then,both of you must visit a counselor. You alone can't solve this problem.
hmmmmmmmm....
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by farady(m): 4:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
ur right

Oya share your answers with us.

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2019
Sirvingeo:
Are you sure you married a real virgin .
is that the best u have to offer? dumb question sir

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
Love is deep and only those who were able to fully understand it's nature live happily ever as couples.
Questions you need answer are simply,was he your choice or he was forced on you?
Also since you have already gone into the union,you just have to look at the brighter side of things.Specifically what made you attracted to him.
Also it won't be easy try to live your life,don't be always conscious in doing things,don't always try to please.
Just live your life and be you.
Am sure the crazy feeling of not feeling your marriage will go.

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by merit1988(f): 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2019
stinflame:
Love is deep and only those who were able to fully understand it's nature live happily ever as couples.
Questions you need answer are simply,was he your choice or he was forced on you?
Also since you have already gone into the union,you just have to look at the brighter side of things.Specifically what made you attracted to him.
Also it won't be easy try to live your life,don't be always conscious in doing things,don't always try to please.
Just live your life and be you.
Am sure the crazy feeling of not feeling your marriage will go.
okk... thanks so much for this
Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by OkongwuTochukwu: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
You need to make sure your wife always does want you need, sometimes a little slap can go a long way.

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2019
it is only you that can make your marriage work and happy because you already know where it is itching you

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
is that the best u have to offer? dumb question sir
Most virgin I know enjoy their marriage .

Re: I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage by Trimque2k1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2019
merit1988:
This is reason I always say 1 or 2 heartbreak b4 marriage Is a blessing after all...

We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!! / 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote / After 5 Years The Prophesy Of Her Real Man Has Come To Pass, "But She Is Married