Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,808 members, 7,806,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" (27245 Views)

Oil Production In Nigeria, Others May Decline, Refineries Suffer Setback / PDP: Plans To Bring Saraki As Chairman Suffer Setback / Lagos APC Crisis: Peace Moves Suffer Setback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by RTSC: 7:14am On Oct 21, 2019
Titogbanski:
FAKE PROPAGANDA NEWS!!!

ELSEWHERE THE IMPACTED HOST COMMUNITY IS COMPENSATED ANYHOW...

HERE U WANT TO MAKE IT NEWS
most of the people that use the bridge don't live in the impacted communities.

These people have lost their housing, and means of daily bread.
Compensation is the normal thing. But tribal bigots here just got an opportunity to insult their Igbo giants.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by winterfell007(m): 7:15am On Oct 21, 2019
SincereBigot:
Another excuse for the delay until 2023

You know asin dey go. The government just wants to use that as an excuse to stop work on the project.
Every serious project managers know when embarking on a project, you must carry along very stakeholders that could make or mar the project. Communities hosting this projects ought to have been factored into. You can't just walk into my community telling me you need to acquire land for a project without negotiating with the people and ensuring they are well settled
I smell fraud on the part of the government

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Pigsandidiots: 7:15am On Oct 21, 2019
KEVIND:
I know this lies & slandering will come up as long as it concerns development in the SE/SS region. What is happening to the Niger bridge is what is also happening to the Ogoni clean-up & the East West road etc. But when it concerns taking oil from the Niger delta by the parasitic regions,they will deploy all the military apparatus & might to destroy any uprising or dissenting voice. e.g Ken saro wiwa.

Says someone who his two states only produce less than 1% of Nigeria oil put together.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by ofwest47(m): 7:19am On Oct 21, 2019
I Before Others ( Courtesy Zik )

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 21, 2019
ProWalker:

That is the truth.

To an average Igbo, if there is no money to be shared, he or she is not interested.

Igbos actually coined the PDP slogan “PDP !!! Share the Money!!”

That is why up till today, majority of them still deny the existence of the bridge because they simply don’t want it done

pioil dey ur head
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by samorobo: 7:20am On Oct 21, 2019
Please someone should englighten me..what is the Importance of this bridge that we will not hear word ..why is it always making headlines...

Like what is so special? grin
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Pigsandidiots: 7:22am On Oct 21, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Sw is not left out with this settlement mentality. All southern Nigeria are guilty of this mentality.
Mention anytime southwesterners demand money for any project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by SocialJustice: 7:24am On Oct 21, 2019
madenigga:

If u look at construction of lagos ibandan rail line. You would notice that most of the workers are blacks, mostly Yoruba's.

But come to the 2nd Niger bridge from what I have read they say they use labour force from other regions, north and west in particular. While the indegenes are in a minority. According to local content law it should not be so.

They are nor asking for what is not there's all they ask is the company do what is right.

Local content is for Nigerians not tribe. Allow whoever is building the bridge to build and leave it there. The communities asking for N500m contracts and promotion are making a terrible decision.

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Infinixhot2: 7:29am On Oct 21, 2019
Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Pigsandidiots: 7:29am On Oct 21, 2019
Anambralstson:

Bitter people your tribe's men has made similar demands you Hypocritical tribe were all mute, once it's Igbos it will be a different ball game.
You always sound stupid most time you comment. The ogun community protesting against govt was because they destroyed their livelihood. What do they destroy in anambra. Thieves everywhere. Always think before posting.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by smartbuys247(m): 7:31am On Oct 21, 2019
wireless sport bluetoot headset 3k negotiable whatsapp +2348170356486

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Ikem11(m): 7:31am On Oct 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You sabi my people too much. grin grin

All these steel and concrete means nothing of value to them. When they heard the bridge will cost 2billion naira their mind started working on how to share the money.

THEIR MIND? "you know my people"
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by smartbuys247(m): 7:32am On Oct 21, 2019
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Pacesetter123(m): 7:33am On Oct 21, 2019
oz4real83:
I once worked on a federal govt project in Benin city, NPDC project to be precise. Non-indigenes/non-south-southerners made up over 80% of the workforce even when the indigenes were willing to work. They still allowed the project to go on but when it happens in other regions, all hell is let lose. Igbos won't allow non-indigenes, hausas/fulanis won't and yorubas won't also. But south-south will be assumed to belong to everybody, same way oil is treated. We must learn to use the same measure for everybody. What u don't allow for yourself,don't use for others.
...and that was very wrong.It negates de principle of local content laws.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by mustbewell: 7:36am On Oct 21, 2019
Entitlement for building bridge for you.

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by mapet: 7:40am On Oct 21, 2019
xamuel17:
let's all try to hear both sides of the story before concluding .... I'm very sure that there is a reason behind their actions

I hear you.....

But I am wondering, what "reason" would make you stop what will benefit the East and Nigeria for many generations to come? Go dig, you will discover it is the devil called "compensation" (Money)

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by mapet: 7:42am On Oct 21, 2019
KEVIND:
I know this lies & slandering will come up as long as it concerns development in the SE/SS region. What is happening to the Niger bridge is what is also happening to the Ogoni clean-up & the East West road etc. But when it concerns taking oil from the Niger delta by the parasitic regions,they will deploy all the military apparatus & might to destroy any uprising or dissenting voice. e.g Ken saro wiwa.

Pls,
Do tell us exactly what is happening on the second Niger bridge?
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by MetaPhysical: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2019
winterfell007:

You are just a dancing fool. In the other thread, you were really busy abusing Igbos. Now you are in this thread forming igbo

Ode! Just because i say my people doesnt mean im igbo. If i call you my brother does it mean we belong in same household?

I will send you to jail if you reply this post. Just read it and keep shut! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by mapet: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2019
oz4real83:
I once worked on a federal govt project in Benin city, NPDC project to be precise. Non-indigenes/non-south-southerners made up over 80% of the workforce even when the indigenes were willing to work. They still allowed the project to go on but when it happens in other regions, all hell is let lose. Igbos won't allow non-indigenes, hausas/fulanis won't and yorubas won't also. But south-south will be assumed to belong to everybody, same way oil is treated. We must learn to use the same measure for everybody. What u don't allow for yourself,don't use for others.

Let me get you, you mean the "qualification" to work on that NPDC project is "ethnicity"?
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by mapet: 7:48am On Oct 21, 2019
mmsen:

netpro: :
The 2 State Governors of Anambra and Delta along with the Ministry of Works should be swift on this. This project is far bigger than these communities.

Because of Nigeria factor, something should be given to the communities, but it should be treated as a gift not a demand. Left for me not even a Kobo.
They need to take a stand and give them NOTHING.

Don't concede to their shortsighted mumuness.

Dangote Refinery today would have suffered near similar fate if not for the no-nonsense approach Fashola adopted as Lagos State governor. The community people started disturbing Dangote project workers. Fashola went there in person, spoke in Yoruba and told them that he's handing over Dangote and his entire team to the leaders of the community, that they must be protected, that nothing must happen or slow down their work. Right in the full glare of the Media, He further threatened that if disturbance occurs, they will see the other side of him.

The community people arrested for the murder of Mr. Disu, Managing Director of FTZ are ruthlessly being dealt with today...

4 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Anambralstson: 7:49am On Oct 21, 2019
Pigsandidiots:
You always sound stupid most time you comment. The ogun community protesting against govt was because they destroyed their livelihood. What do they destroy in anambra. Thieves everywhere. Always think before posting.
Dumbo you always find stupid ways to prove your people are right while others are not
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by armadeo(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2019
Trezagezz:

It's never a bad thing to demand for entitlement or project...
They have lots of qualified engineers doing nothing cause of the way our country is and lot of graduated doing nothing...
Since this project is loud they can be employed cause it's their title... Don't be mislead...
Example is River State, Wike have out a project to Julius Berger for the construction of 3 flyovers and publicly told the engineers that he paid them in rainy season that he will not like to hear that rain stopped work and again that he should give work to rivers people and not jam-packing them with Lagos people....
So it's Anambra's right to demand for such okay

What's this you wrote up there?

Adkins for jobs is one thing, demanding development levy of up to 500million is another.

The igbo have luck, some people will just find away to publicise development levy people and abandon the bridge.

This is the case of cutting of your nose to spite your face.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by ProWalker: 7:50am On Oct 21, 2019
Anambralstson:

Dumbo you always find stupid ways to prove your people are right while others are not

Stop the insults or you will go to jail this morning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Anambralstson: 7:51am On Oct 21, 2019
Pigsandidiots:
Dumbo you always find stupid ways to prove your people are right while others are not..

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by naptu2: 7:52am On Oct 21, 2019
mapet:

Dangote Refinery today would have suffered near similar fate if not for the no-nonsense approach Fashola adopted as Lagos State governor. The community people started disturbing Dangote project workers. Fashola went there in person, spoke in Yoruba and told them that he's handing over Dangote and his entire team to the leaders of the community, that they must be protected, that nothing must happen or slow down their work. Right in the full glare of the Media, He further threatened that if disturbance occurs, they will see the other side of him.

The community people arrested for the murder of Mr. Disu, Managing Director of FTZ are ruthlessly being dealt with today...

Remember that the project was initially meant to be in Ondo State, but the host communities frustrated Dangote with outrageous demands and so Fashola came in and snatched Dangote from under their nose. There's no way that Fashola would have allowed a repeat of the Ondo experience in Lagos.

https://www.nairaland.com/1415180/dangote-construct-refinery-petrochemical-complex

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by mapet: 7:53am On Oct 21, 2019
contigiency:
madenigga: :

If u look at construction of lagos ibandan rail line. You would notice that most of the workers are blacks, mostly Yoruba's.

But come to the 2nd Niger bridge from what I have read they say they use labour force from other regions, north and west in particular. While the indegenes are in a minority. According to local content law it should not be so.

They are nor asking for what is not there's all they ask is the company do what is right.

Give us the ratio of Yoruba's working on that road and the number of Igbos working on the 2nd Niger bridge. Not they said.

Let me tell you, it will only amount to foolishness on the side of the Igbo's if that work is abandoned because of this selfish demands. This is a project that the whole world has been told how we Igbo's are being marginalized because succeeding governments have refused doing the project. So why will anyone in his right senses encourage what those locals are doing?

Some of them just fart-out false and useless data for selfish reason.In the foolish claim the left the overall objective (Complete 2nd Niger Bridge and enjoy the commercial, political and economic benefits) and started chasing useless ego-centric pursuits. How did he come about the fact that most workers on Lagos-Ibadan express way are Yorubas? What a baseless and useless insinuation! The Yorubas don't even care if you make 100% of the workers on the project Igbos, JUST GET THE DAMN WORK DONE!

4 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Anambralstson: 7:53am On Oct 21, 2019
ProWalker:

Stop the insults or you will go to jail this morning
I believe you didn't see his post
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by ProWalker: 7:54am On Oct 21, 2019
Anambralstson:

I believe you didn't see his post

Last warning sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by pharmagba: 7:55am On Oct 21, 2019
madenigga:

You must be very stupid
Truth is bitter
Other regions makes sacrifices for infrastructure
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 7:56am On Oct 21, 2019
The president should order the military to these communities.
Re: Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" by Anambralstson: 8:00am On Oct 21, 2019
ProWalker:

Last warning sha
For your little mind, many ways to kill a rat, I can't be cage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Afenifere: We Can't Thank Buhari's Government For Ordering Sowore's Release / Hushpuppi’s Saga: No Formal Report On Abba Kyari With Us, Says PSC / Nigerian Pension Commission Responds To Oshiomhole's Latest Allegation Of N3.5tr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.