Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First (1969 Views)

A Woman (Neighbor) Asked My Mom If I'm Attending School Really Hard? / If I'm To Contest For Presidency In Nigeria, Will You Vote? See My Agenda / 15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by Dynast(m): 2:14pm On May 21, 2007
I met this gal who just graduated from a university.I am a graduate as well  and wants to go into a relationship with her. I got a job immediately after graduation and have some other plans in progress that will make the future more blissful as I am just comfortable presently.That I have disclosed to her but to my uttermost surprise she still wants to know how much I am paid presently hence she is draging her feet in the relationship.
I ve come to think that  she is more interested in my  financial status rather than me in person hence I feel the love is not there. I feel hurt cos I love her  and may just take her as a an ordinary friend. Dont really enjoy hard 2 get if thats her game.
Your opinion on this Nairalanders!!!
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by BBoy3(m): 2:16pm On May 21, 2007
Play it to your advantage!!! You know what she wants to hear, so tell her that!
The only choice you have to make there-after is if you want to keep her or dash her - no long tings!!!
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by DisGuy: 2:20pm On May 21, 2007
more interested in my  financial status rather than me in person hence I feel the love is not there
Dont worry yourself too much, the love will come 'faster' when you tell how how well  you are.

talking about money might be a bit dodgy but just do it and get over it quick after all you like her too. If she doesnt hang around then you're a lucky man  wink
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by viee(f): 2:25pm On May 21, 2007
@ poster

before nko?
u wan make hunger kill the babe?
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by bebe2007(m): 4:38pm On May 21, 2007
MR. Man,

she only wants to be sure you are man enough to take care of a family just in case the relationship leads there thats all. Dont be scared she is a sensible one. Take it easy ok.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by ayeesha: 12:12pm On May 22, 2007
haba dis guy! wat do u mean the luv will come faster after she knows how much he earns?

are u trying to say something to the ladies in the house by any chance?
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by Seun(m): 12:37pm On May 22, 2007
I think it's reasonable for a lady to be interested in her boyfriend's career/earnings, but here is the fear:
what happens when she meets another guy who makes more money than you. Will she simply dump you then?
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by marlet01(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2007
This is a serious case, I agree with seun a bit, she has the right to know your income but i think this girl is one leg in and one leg out cos if she sees another guy who earns than you, she would simply dump you.

So be careful.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by desertboom(m): 1:09pm On May 22, 2007
it's good to tell her how much u earn
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by anon101(f): 1:57pm On May 22, 2007
she has no right to know ur incomeif u just met her obciously if she sees another man making more than u shes gone , so i dont think u should reveal that ,,if she cant accept u for who u are LET HER BE GONE[color=#000099][/color]
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by nawa1(m): 4:09pm On May 23, 2007
cool
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by nawa1(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2007
go ahead and tell her d 2ruth, c what she wil do

if she run- - - fine

if she stays - - - bring down the price. (you can tell her they have cut down ur salary 4 some reasons)
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by nawa1(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2007
cool
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by DisGuy: 4:12pm On May 23, 2007
lol

You can also ask her if she has any job or can get a job within 3months!
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by kiki(f): 4:14pm On May 23, 2007
she might not be intrested in ur money she just want 2 know if u are man enough 2 take care of her. i'll wanna know sumtin like dat 2
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by iice(f): 4:21pm On May 23, 2007
Sorry don't think she has to know just yet, after all you just met her. Somewhere along the line, sure she has to know.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by tseye(m): 4:54pm On May 23, 2007
brotha, u kno much beta,it depends she might b a hungry sista, grin cool,or one of thoseknow it all, possesive girl
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by afolayangs(m): 5:05pm On May 23, 2007
I think am in the same shoe with the poster.
Should this be? Why must she be interested in ur pay.
like me i work in a bank but i never disclose ma earnings and besides she can dump u for a richer guy in the long run if ur marrige refuse to happen on time.
I planned to get marry in the next 2yrs but her own case is next yr.
But i promise her if care is not taken and she refuses a genuine relationship,
guys can easily find a date,
more of this is still coming from ma end.
Chersssssssssssssss
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by moondust(m): 5:31pm On May 23, 2007
A girl who's more intrested in what u've got in ur pockets rather than the intangible things u've got to offer must be a rogue. Man, be careful that she doesnt run into another man with bigger pockets cos she'll sure bolt on u.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by goldieloc(m): 8:20pm On May 23, 2007
every1 wants 2 live a comfortable life, i guess dats why she wants 2 know but from ur explanation, she's ONLY about the money and i guess she doesnt hav feelings 4 u. make up ur mind on wat u wan2 do. either u tell her how much u earn and ur plans 4 d future 2 make u even more comfortable, den watch her 4 a while den decide wether 2 fashi her after a while or still go ahead but be rest assured dat wen the going gets touch(which i reject 4 u), she most definately wld be going.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by DisGuy: 8:43pm On May 23, 2007
everyone wants 2 live a comfortable life
well thats why she went to university or she can atleast make her own money!
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by joobreel(m): 8:46pm On May 23, 2007
there is a difference between love and money. my guy scraf the babe and leave stoty for tortoise
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by DisGuy: 9:10pm On May 23, 2007
joobreel:

there is a difference between love and money. my guy scraf the babe and leave stoty for tortoise

yea scraf the babe 21times or another one that come your way with the same nonsense grin
whats scraf?
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by jgirl3: 11:35pm On May 23, 2007
lol, na wa for NL peeps.
@ topic, depends on how serious you are with her. If you love her like you say you do - tell her. However if you're not comfortable telling her, confront her and ask her what her intentions are.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by Dexlomo: 8:54pm On May 24, 2007
I REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. HOWEVER, I AM OF THE OPINION THAT A GIRL REALLY NEED NOT ASK THE GUY WHAT HE EARNS BEFORE HE DISCLOSES IT TO HER. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT WHEN THE RELATIONSHIP IS STRONG ENOUGH AND HEADING FOR THE ALTAR, THIS ARE THINGS YOU BOTH WILL DISCLOSE TO EACH OTHER BECAUSE I BELIEVE MARRIAGE IS ABOUT "TOTAL unclothedness[color=#000099][/color][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]" NOT FOR SEX ALONE BUT IN EVERYTHING.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 28, 2011
this is a hard one. I won't call her a gold digger although it is possible however it seems to me
that she wants to be sure that she will have a man that will be financially stable and can do for himself.

Female gold diggers suck but nothing is worse than a free loading MAN.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by 190: 4:56pm On May 28, 2011

Smh undecided
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by Ekpoma1: 5:18pm On May 28, 2011
OP, i think u knw her best. As 4 me, i will never disclose how much i earn to woman that is not of d same mother with me. I will only lie 2 her how much i earn just 2 make happy.
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by apache77(m): 6:48pm On May 28, 2011
u r comfortable, tell her you bare rich, that infact you are a millionaire. Lie that you have N10 wen infact u hav only N2. So long as as u r a tad comfortable, your lie should sail through.You are in a win win situation. If you tell her you earn much, 2things wil happen- you'l get to shagg her and leave her or 2. she will shagg you and stay, and come to start bringing herself to love you. Either way, you should be ok. The reason why a woman starts liking a man should be inconsequential- a woman can love a man for money, another woman can love another man for for fame, another can love a man for his looks, another for intelligence, there must be an initial reason why a woman feels the way she does about a man. Dont feel bad that your own reason for her love is money. If you've got charisma and personlity, she's even come to love you more than you love her. Only poor guys seem to have a problem with the fact money is heavily tied with love. If you aint got personlity, then leave her alone. she will only collect your money and run, or when she sees there is no money, she will take a hike. Dont leave her becasue she seems to like money. Leave her when it seems, despite what you do for her, she doesnt seem to like you or barely tolerates you
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by sexylogan(m): 7:20pm On May 28, 2011
Dynast:

I met this gal who just graduated from a university.I am a graduate as well  and wants to go into a relationship with her. I got a job immediately after graduation and have some other plans in progress that will make the future more blissful as I am just comfortable presently.That I have disclosed to her but to my uttermost surprise she still wants to know how much I am paid presently hence she is draging her feet in the relationship.
I ve come to think that  she is more interested in my  financial status rather than me in person hence I feel the love is not there. I feel hurt cos I love her  and may just take her as a an ordinary friend. Dont really enjoy hard 2 get if thats her game.
Your opinion on this Nairalanders!!!

doesnt she hav a rite to know?
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by MMM3(m): 7:25pm On May 28, 2011
angry
Re: My Girl Wants To Know If I'm Well Paid First by MrsChima1(f): 7:37pm On May 28, 2011
He wasn't working per se when she asked him that question because by his own admission he said he was freshly employed. So I can see why she would asked that however there are better questions she should have asked to determine your financial abilities. A man can make all the money in the world and lose it the next day.

She should have asked what are your financial ambitions and what are your short term goals?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Buy The Cow? / What Will U Do If Ur Boyfriend Is Alway Chatting With Ur Friend? / Men And Polygamy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.